Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion (18644 Views)

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! / Ike Uche Back In Training! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by femi4: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
phreakabit: [size=18pt]So old and washed up Shola Ameobi, Nsofor, unpolished Uche Nwafor and Oduamadi are better than Ike Uche? Why isn't haruna in the team?
This guy is taking collecting bribe abegi![/size]
checkfidel: [b][/b]All that matters is the team spirit

. Anybody that wants to destroy it should be showed the way out.
Attitude comes first.
France won 1998 World cup without Cantona

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by checkfidel: 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
olatiler: Somebody should tell Keshi to keep his dirty mouth shot and say the real fact
Uche was among few player to insist buying a controversial wristwatch at 100,000$ ever since u heard about that he has turn to Rude player in ur side
Les I forget ever since then all his advise to team had been rejected and u now coming here to tell us lie so that u can get sympathy 4m public
Anyway Uche pls continue with ur current form in ur club and forget these foolish coach called Koshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
[size=16pt]Believe this and you believe anything.[/size]
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Emenike is d only striker we hav, and dat is nt gud for d round leather game.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 3:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
We have a lot of below average players in the squad (I can name them if required). I am glad we get to play a full strength Italy team. Our frailty will be well exposed. Can anyone of Nsofor or the useless Shola Ameobi be a successful/sensible/ meaningful replacement for Emenike if suspended or injured? Dike might be useful, but should be third or fourth choice. The fact remains, we have a very thin team quality wise. This is the world cup we are talking of not the nations cup. We struggle against sides like Ethiopia and Burkina Faso and people keep overlooking the signs. . . . Its time we be proactive rather than the usual reactive.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by alaladakosta(f): 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
over the years one thing have notice about any africa in charge be it group, school, church, club even country etc is, anytime time their subordinate let is opinion know,they see it as been rude or arrogant.my conclution, Blacks are not naturally born leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by zenzey(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
Most of the people here insulting the big boss are f....ls. du.p as. and uncultured
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by slimzy91(m): 4:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
am suprised at some comments.
ever since there was uche,haruna,osaze wht trophy did the team won..they cant even qualify for nations cup.
if this group of average players as u call them are playing gud football with the right team spirit, bringing home trophy then y fault and insult the coach...pls dnt distract this team with ur bad mouth. keshi is the boss

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by slimzy91(m): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
alala dakosta: over the years one thing have notice about any africa in charge be it group, school, church, club even country etc is, anytime time their subordinate let is opinion know,they see it as been rude or arrogant.my conclution, Blacks are not naturally born leaders.
dats y u will remain a follower for the rest of ur life....how can a player sit in the bench and fault the tactics of the coach....is dat his job?

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nigeria and Villarreal striker Ike Uche Villareal striker Ike Uche has been conspicuous by his absence from the Super Eagles lately despite scoring many goals for the La Liga side. Nigeria Coach, Stephen Keshi in an exclusive chat with supersport.com, revealed why.

“Ike Uche is one of the smartest finishers I have had to work with but his attitude to the team is very wrong. He does not buy into the team ethic of one for all and all for one we have been inculcating into this group of players” This apparently started at the South Africa 2013 Africa Cup of Nations

“I spoke to him several times to bide his time while on the subs bench. I gave him examples of how even back in ’94, Amuneke had to wait till the final for an appearance” Keshi says of Uche’s attitude.

“I understand when a player is frustrated at not starting matches but it is not right for the player to sit on the bench and making remarks about how the coaching and tactics are not right”.

Keshi also seemed to have tactically the chief coach has a few issues too with Uche.

“In our group stage match against Burkina Faso which was our opening game after we went a man down, he did very little to support the team defensively and when put before him during the post-match analyses he will not accept his failing”

Emmanuel Emenike got injured and was not available for the final and Uche started “he clamoured to start matches even with a wrong attitude but when Emenike was not available for the final I started him and expected him to put on a show but he did not.”

“I have a group of young players who have started to think and play like African Champions and I do not want anything or anyone that will disturb that team spirit. Nothing and no one is greater than the team” The “Big Boss” concluded.

It will be interesting to see if Uche will work his way back to reckoning ahead of the Brazil 2014 World Cup if Nigeria makes it.

[size=18pt]I don't see Pa Ameobi doing any defensive work, Sunday Mba is a great player but doesn't do any defensive work. . It only makes sense to play to your strengths, if you feel you need to shore you your defensive play switch to 4-2-3-1. Quit trying to be Barcelona with the whole 4-3-3 thing, its not easy to play 4-3-3 and expect your main striker to put in defensive contributions. Ever wonder why you hardly see Messi in the defence or deep in midfield? [/size]
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
Same reason why TAYE TAIWO, OSAZE, ANICHEBE, IKE UCHE, HARUNA, ONUOHA, ETC ARE BANNED DIPLOMATICALLY BY THE BIG BOSS. I LOVE THIS. AS LONG AS U KEEP WINNING AND ENSURING A UNITED, I WL REMAIN A KESHI'S BIG FAN.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
slimzy91: am suprised at some comments.
ever since there was uche,haruna,osaze wht trophy did the team won..they cant even qualify for nations cup.
if this group of average players as u call them are playing gud football with the right team spirit, bringing home trophy then y fault and insult the coach...pls dnt distract this team with ur bad mouth. keshi is the boss

That's not valid logic, honestly. We have average footballers, that doesn't mean they are all average.Would it be a crime to have a bench you are comfortable with? Why does it always have to be Emenike scoring? Whats the use of the other strikers? Did you notice how Awoniyi made the absence of Success who was the main striker in the U17 go unnoticed? We can't boast of that in the Super Eagles be honest!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Dermie: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ticked.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
galek: Same reason why TAYE TAIWO, OSAZE, ANICHEBE, IKE UCHE, HARUNA, ONUOHA, ETC ARE BANNED DIPLOMATICALLY BY THE BIG BOSS. I LOVE THIS. AS LONG AS U KEEP WINNING AND ENSURING A UNITED, I WL REMAIN A KESHI'S BIG FAN.

When we play Italy and a tired Emenike can't be substituted for lack of capable or credible replacements, or gets subbed with some sh!tty striker you'd see how poor our bench is.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by buoye1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
WhoDeyThere: W
W for were(Madman)
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=18pt]Might be taking the Shola Ameobi hate too far. . . . Yes I hate him.
But I can't understand why you replace a long serving dedicated and loyal player like Uche, with an absolute disloyal scumbag like Ameobi who spent his youth trying to get into the Three Lions of England squad and turned Nigeria down severally! I hope we all know Diego Costa might get his Brazilian citizenship revoked for choosing Spain over Brazil.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by slimzy91(m): 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
phreakabit:

That's not valid logic, honestly. We have average footballers, that doesn't mean they are all average.Would it be a crime to have a bench you are comfortable with? Why does it always have to be Emenike scoring? Whats the use of the other strikers? Did you notice how Awoniyi made the absence of Success who was the main striker in the U17 go unnoticed? We can't boast of that in the Super Eagles be honest!
i agree wit u dat right now is all abt emenike in attack. but i tell u nobody should be above his country and players with bad attitude will only disrupt the unity and respect u r seeing in the team...dat was wht destroyed the nigerian team for lng...for so lng we had great players coming in but because of their bad attitude they archieve little or no sucesss...the last thing a coach needs in his team is to hve a divided dressing room...so attitude comes before talent

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by chinwekzy(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
phreakabit: [size=18pt]So old and washed up Shola Ameobi, Nsofor, unpolished Uche Nwafor and Oduamadi are better than Ike Uche? Why isn't haruna in the team?

There is something my grandma always calls someone, "Incompetent Boncom" and honestly thats what you are. My grandma who is 82 by the way talks more sense than you. Havent you seen Del Bousque drop MATA and XAVI? Havent you seen coach Beto drop NANI and MOUTINHO? When last did you see TEVEZ in the argentina squad? LORRENTE and MICHU that spain call up are they better than MATA? You are one of those inglorious Bast****** that call themselves citezens of Nigeria... You are not a football fan dear... You are a hypocryte!!! Besides REAL Super Eagles fans support Keshi... We love and respect his decisions. So please keep your thoughts to your freaking self!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by dabossman(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
The truth is every coach has his own philosophy of how he wants his team to play and the on and off-field team dynamics and work ethics he expects. Not every player will conform and as such there will be friction. No matter how talented a player is, if he doesn't conform to the coaches philosophy he will most likely not get regular call-ups or playing time. It's nothing new really.

Waiting to hear what Uche has to say about this though. I bet a rejoinder won't be long in coming.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Emisco1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
slimzy91: am suprised at some comments.
if nt 4 uche 9ja wunt qualify 4 nation cup gt dt man. He is far beta dan al our winger.he got shot power 4 distance.acuracy, nd he got stamina wen holdin d ball. Keshi beta call hm bk. Nd talk sense 2 hs brain.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Shola Ameobi was exceptional against Spurs during the weekend. I guess Coach Alan Pardew collected bribe. Do you think Ike Uche doesn't have money to pay bribe?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by gebest: 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
INTERESTING
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by adavetee(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Oh! Hw I wish keshi would be able to read some of these comments. They are sense making. In other news, I think keshi still needs the services of Ike Uche. He is one of the best legs we are having in that team some years ago. I could remember when Ike uche & Osaze were part of the super eagles team.

Nigeria soccer fans were always happy to see the pair on the starting line-up. So if keshi could resolve his differences with them & if they two players can also bury their ego & pride by submitting to Keshi's instructions both off and on the pitch as they are to their club coaches, definitely the super Eagles will be better off in the long run. So I tot! (Even though I'm not from Tottenham) Lolz....
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by chinwekzy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
olatiler: Somebody should tell Keshi to keep his dirty mouth shot and say the real fact
Uche was among few player to insist buying a controversial wristwatch at 100,000$ ever since u heard about that he has turn to Rude player in ur side
Les I forget ever since then all his advise to team had been rejected and u now coming here to tell us lie so that u can get sympathy 4m public
Anyway Uche pls continue with ur current form in ur club and forget these foolish coach called Koshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Who cares you be BI***. Besides if you call 4 or 5 goals in 11 goals being in form, then you are a poor football fan, and if you keep on insisting that you are football fan, then you are deceiving yourself... leave Nairaland and go and drink more bottles of BEER! Seems like thats what you are into!
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by slimzy91(m): 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Emisco1: if nt 4 uche 9ja wunt qualify 4 nation cup gt dt man. He is far beta dan al our winger.he got shot power 4 distance.acuracy, nd he got stamina wen holdin d ball. Keshi beta call hm bk. Nd talk sense 2 hs brain.
attitude and respect comes before talent..
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by born2boink(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Uche, Emenike.....are best striker we have for now. We should learn from confederation cup, without emenike, we are handicap to 3 star team, but I think uche can fill that gap.... That's what happening to my club,thinking disable bendtner to replace giroud...... keshi is joking, uche is the best that can fill emenike position. Everything is not about discipline, sometimes you have to act like the monkey to catch a monkey and the guy has had many caps to think that his altitude was the reason for his snub is weird. I suspect keshi, I pray we past first round in worldcup again.......when ghana heard pharioh thrumphet, they called back all the old,the indicipline ghana stars who have played for years to help them kills pharaoh of egypt

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Shola Ameobi was exceptional against Spurs during the weekend. I guess Coach Alan Pardew collected bribe. Do you think Ike Uche doesn't have money to pay bribe?

Nope Pardew doesn't take bribes. . . But can you please correct me if I am wrong but aren't players invited based on current form? How many goals has Ameobi scored this season?
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by dabossman(m): 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2013

Haba, must it always be about taking bribe? Eric Cantona and David Ginola were not picked for France 98 despite pressure on the coach to do so simply because of their attitude. Even Nicolas Anelka has suffered the same fate recently. An Argentine coach (Bielsa, I think) dropped Claudio Cannigia simply because he refused to cut his hair. Alex Ferguson sold Beckham because he felt he was no longer focused on football but stardom. Every coach has his style and philosophy and no matter how talented you are you won't play for them if you don't conform. It is obvious Keshi has a defined work ethic he wants from his players and he will not sacrifice it on the table of talent alone. Not every coach can stomach Balotelli's excesses for instance.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by andyanders: 4:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
bhidex007: Gbam#. The Coach has said it all,Players with attitudinal qualms can cause discord in the camp come 2014 world cup.
Give other guyz a chance

Just like the way Osaze messed up his life and till date, h is forgotten.

Your country is better and bigger than you and Keshi has played the game and any player that cannot be able to blend with other players should go and stay with his club.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
chinwekzy:

There is something my grandma always calls someone, "Incompetent Boncom" and honestly thats what you are. My grandma who is 82 by the way talks more sense than you. Havent you seen Del Bousque drop MATA and XAVI? Havent you seen coach Beto drop NANI and MOUTINHO? When last did you see TEVEZ in the argentina squad? LORRENTE and MICHU that spain call up are they better than MATA? You are one of those inglorious Bast****** that call themselves [size=18pt]citezens [/size]of Nigeria... You are not a football fan dear... You are a hypocryte!!! Besides REAL Super Eagles fans support Keshi... We love and respect his decisions. So please keep your thoughts to your freaking self!

The rantings of a mad rabid dog with the mental capacity of a nano-plankton. BTW, based on your post it'd be right to conclude you are either 12 or you didn't grow mentally. . . . . Apparently you don't choose your opponents carefully. Parting shot : Learn to spell please.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by andyanders: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
bhidex007: Gbam#. The Coach has said it all,Players with attitudinal qualms can cause discord in the camp come 2014 world cup.
Give other guyz a chance

Just like the way Osaze messed up his life and till date, he is forgotten.

Your country is better and bigger than you and Keshi has played the game and any player that cannot be able to blend with other players should go and stay with his club.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by RazziP(m): 4:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
striker9: You the boss,what about exclusion of Haruna despite being in form so far this season.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by dabossman(m): 5:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
phreakabit: We have a lot of below average players in the squad (I can name them if required). I am glad we get to play a full strength Italy team. Our frailty will be well exposed. Can anyone of Nsofor or the useless Shola Ameobi be a successful/sensible/ meaningful replacement for Emenike if suspended or injured? Dike might be useful, but should be third or fourth choice. The fact remains, we have a very thin team quality wise. This is the world cup we are talking of not the nations cup. We struggle against sides like Ethiopia and Burkina Faso and people keep overlooking the signs. . . . Its time we be proactive rather than the usual reactive.

I quite agree with you that we have a thin squad quality wise, but I don't see any of the players you mentioned bringing in that quality. We didn't just start struggling against the likes of Ethiopia under Keshi. The likes of Uche, Osaze and co where in the team when we were labelled "Super Chickens" @ AFCON 2008 in Ghana, they were there when we failed to qualify for AFCON 2012. Will they guarantee a great performance against Italy? I doubt it.

Let the coach do what he believes is best for his team, if he fails, he'll get the boot. I've stopped putting my hopes in names as far as the Super Eagles are concerned. They've raise our hopes and failed us too many times.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Donates Football Kits To Former Grassroots Team In Lagos / 39 Year-Old Zlatan Ibrahimovic Recalled To Sweden Squad 5 Years After Retiring / Seven Years After, FIFA, NFF, Fans Remember Nigeria’s Legend Rashidi Yekini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.