Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion (18642 Views)

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! / Ike Uche Back In Training! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Theben(m): 11:18am On Nov 13, 2013
Nigeria and Villarreal striker Ike Uche Villareal striker Ike Uche has been conspicuous by his absence from the Super Eagles lately despite scoring many goals for the La Liga side. Nigeria Coach, Stephen Keshi in an exclusive chat with supersport.com, revealed why.

“Ike Uche is one of the smartest finishers I have had to work with but his attitude to the team is very wrong. He does not buy into the team ethic of one for all and all for one we have been inculcating into this group of players” This apparently started at the South Africa 2013 Africa Cup of Nations

“I spoke to him several times to bide his time while on the subs bench. I gave him examples of how even back in ’94, Amuneke had to wait till the final for an appearance” Keshi says of Uche’s attitude.

“I understand when a player is frustrated at not starting matches but it is not right for the player to sit on the bench and making remarks about how the coaching and tactics are not right”.

Keshi also seemed to have tactically the chief coach has a few issues too with Uche.

“In our group stage match against Burkina Faso which was our opening game after we went a man down, he did very little to support the team defensively and when put before him during the post-match analyses he will not accept his failing”

Emmanuel Emenike got injured and was not available for the final and Uche started “he clamoured to start matches even with a wrong attitude but when Emenike was not available for the final I started him and expected him to put on a show but he did not.”

“I have a group of young players who have started to think and play like African Champions and I do not want anything or anyone that will disturb that team spirit. Nothing and no one is greater than the team” The “Big Boss” concluded.

It will be interesting to see if Uche will work his way back to reckoning ahead of the Brazil 2014 World Cup if Nigeria makes it.

Source: www.nigeriasoccernet.com/stephen-keshi-clarifies-ike-uches-super-eagles-exclusion/

11 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by lexyman(m): 12:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by striker9(m): 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
You the boss,what about exclusion of Haruna despite being in form so far this season.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by packman: 3:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=20pt]STORY STORY .......... ALL I KNOW IS THAT YOU GUYS SHOULD BETTER QUALIFY..........

AND YOU SHOULD ALSO WIN THE WORLD CUP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

THE REST ARE HISTORY....... grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by damibravo(m): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
okay.....why dont we have a Napping Room in this office?

These news are boring and making me feel sleepy sad

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by 12large1: 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
All of a sudden uche that had been performing until 1 bad tornament is bad for the team because he game his opinion, a country like nigeria in 2013 look at the caliber of strikers we are calling
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by RockMaxi: 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
Waiting to hear from Uche but honestly I thought the dude was injured and that affected his performance, but as it is now ... embarassed

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by WhoDeyThere(m): 3:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
W
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by ajayi147(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
ok
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by toluleke(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Keshi we dnt av a problem with dat if u keep winning buh anyday i mean ANYDAY..U start fcking up..den we wod av problem wit ur attitude too

4 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Any player that has pride, should please concentrate on his club
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by bhidex007: 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gbam#. The Coach has said it all,Players with attitudinal qualms can cause discord in the camp come 2014 world cup.
Give other guyz a chance

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by nerodenero: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
striker9: You the boss,what about exclusion of Haruna despite being in form so far this season.
Well said but how many issues of this nature will he clarifies!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
He should be able to understand the situation on ground. .he should start against Italy after the WCQ crucial match and be allowed to play full 90mins. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by 4reigningqueen: 3:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
hmmm
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by seunlayi(m): 3:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Uche or no Uche, you are in charge, qualify for the World Cup and make a impressive performance, that is all i want.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by goddyjay(m): 3:21pm On Nov 13, 2013
Big boss
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by costandi(m): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yeah, you never know what really happens in the pitch unless being told!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Philipsdael(m): 3:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
Uche is a gifted player, he needs adviser..... Imagine him coming back to form and pair with Emenike up front.... Hmm.
Brazil world cup .... A medal must be ours for keep.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by costandi(m): 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
toluleke: Keshi we dnt av a problem with dat if u keep winning buh anyday i mean ANYDAY..U start fcking up..den we wod av problem wit ur attitude too
To fk up?? Even the biggest coaches fk up, so he might fk up sometimes doesn't make him incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by plusteam: 3:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Its all about a team...
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Afrok(m): 3:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
How many clarifications will he give bcoz some players ar not called for National duty? I'm sure d pressure from d media av started mounting about d exclusion of few players, U ar d coach nd ur decisions ar final...

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Twinflakez(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
I only hope the forces that be will let Keshi do his job without undue interference. And pls whatever u do coach, (whoever plays and whoever does not) we need the world cup in 2014 cool cool cool cool cool grin
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Olugbenger(m): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Is this explanation even necessary?

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by donpope1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by pek(m): 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
don't wash your dirty linen in public. there are things that are not meant for public consumption!
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by ALISMILE(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
We nigerians expect this guy to invite evrybdy and play evrybdy at thesame time. We can neva be satisfied. No its not possible.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by phreakabit(m): 3:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
[size=18pt]So old and washed up Shola Ameobi, Nsofor, unpolished Uche Nwafor and Oduamadi are better than Ike Uche? Why isn't haruna in the team?
This guy is taking collecting bribe abegi![/size]

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by olatiler(m): 3:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
Somebody should tell Keshi to keep his dirty mouth shot and say the real fact
Uche was among few player to insist buying a controversial wristwatch at 100,000$ ever since u heard about that he has turn to Rude player in ur side
Les I forget ever since then all his advise to team had been rejected and u now coming here to tell us lie so that u can get sympathy 4m public
Anyway Uche pls continue with ur current form in ur club and forget these foolish coach called Koshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

5 Likes

Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by checkfidel: 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
[b][/b]All that matters is the team spirit

. Anybody that wants to destroy it should be showed the way out.
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Ayorh4you(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
Winnertakesearth!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion by Tonniey(m): 3:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
olatiler: Somebody should tell Keshi to keep his dirty mouth shot and say the real fact
Uche was among few player to insist buying a controversial wristwatch at 100,000$ ever since u heard about that he has turn to Rude player in ur side
Les I forget ever since then all his advise to team had been rejected and u now coming here to tell us lie so that u can get sympathy 4m public
Anyway Uche pls continue with ur current form in ur club and forget these foolish coach called Koshiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Is it ur inability to spell keshi name well or ur bad belle spirit don fall on u? Imagine calling someone who can father u foolish.
I question how u will address ur father if he annoys u.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Donates Football Kits To Former Grassroots Team In Lagos / Ronaldo Vs Messi In UCL Round Of 16 Draw / AFCON 2019: Samuel Kalu Is Fit And Ready To Play Tomorrows Game Against Guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.