Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,904 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano (728 Views)

Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / ANAMBRA POLL: Police Arraign 183 Osun Suspects In Court / Police Intercept Truckload Of Anambra Poll Materials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by DanOfor: 12:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
If the spate of massive endorsements from critical segments and groups across the state is anything to go by, Chief Willie Obiano, the APGA candidate in the coming gubernatorial poll in Anambra State is almost home and dry with the latest endorsement on Tuesday by Anambra Women Organization, a group of women with membership strength of over 200,000 strong.

In a brief ceremony held Tuesday in Ezinifite, Aguata Local Government Area of the state, the group which has members in every single ward in the state declared their unflinching support for Chief Obiano, describing him as the most outstanding of all the candidates seeking election in the November 16th poll.

Speaking at the ceremony, the Chairperson of the group, Mrs Gladys Obieke explained that after a thorough scrutiny of the 23 candidates standing election in the state, the group found in Chief Obiano the qualities of a true leader who has left an indelible mark in the corporate world and whose experience would prove very useful in addressing the developmental challenges of the state.

According to her, as women, the group was conscious of the choices it made and the fact that if it chooses wrongly, it would hurt seriously from the consequences of its wrong decision as women and children often bear the greater brunt of bad governance.

Consequently, Mrs. Obieke appealed to all women in the state to support APGA and cast their votes for Chief Willie Obiano on Saturday as his candidature was the best for Anambra the state.

Earlier in her remarks at the occasion, the wife of the APGA candidate, Chief Mrs. E. V Obiano had assured the women that Anambra women had the brightest prospects under her husband’s administration as women would get 30% of all political appointments in the state.

Chief Mrs. Obiano also promised the women of a very attentive government that would treat all issues relating to women and children with the care and urgency they require.

According to her, in giving Chief Obiano such a massive endorsement, the women had made a very important decision that would make their children proud of them when they grow up.

By

James Eze
Re: Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
www.nairaland.com/1378861/anambra-women-support-apc-pledge

The Anambra Women Organisation, AWO, has
pledged to contribute money to support in Dr. Chris
Ngge's governorship campaign.
The women also promised to mobile their over 122,000
members in 346 wards, including non-indigenes, to
vote for him in the scheduled November 16
governorship election.
The group made the pledge when Ngige visited the
women yesterday at Ezinifite in Aguata Local
Government Area of the state to inform them about
his governorship aspiration.
The women said they would fulfil the pledge because
within 32 months, Ngige, as governor, wiped their
tears through free education, payment of accumulated
teachers' salaries, construction of roads, etc.
The Chairperson of the group, Mrs. Gladys Obieke,
who led the women to sing Ngige's praises, said
Anambra State was once more in a situation
requiring his prudent leadership.
In his response, Ngige said he was impressed by the
organised manner the group was formed and pledged
to incorporate its members in government if elected.
He said: "I did not fail you before and I will not fail
you even this time. Anambra State needs solid
foundation which I started the blueprint and 80 per
cent of it has not been actualised.
"Roads' construction in Anambra is my brainchild; we
did erosion control roads and hired the best road
contractors. I refused to share money and told them I
wanted to use it to pay pensioners."
http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?
ui=iphone&ref=profile&option=com_content&view=article&id=
women-said-they-will-contribute-to-ngige-s-campaign-
fund&catid=115%3Anews&Itemid=551&fb_source=timeline#_=_
Re: Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
so which one we go accept?
Re: Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by dridowu: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Obiagelli: so which one we go accept?
i think i will accept the radio biafra link
Re: Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by kingbang: 1:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Obiagelli: so which one we go accept?

There is nothing like Anambra Women Organisation, AWO in Anambra State. stop deceiving yourself. Awo ko Awolowo ni!!
Re: Anambra Poll: Group Of 200,000 Women Endorses Obiano by nedu2000(m): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
200,000 wetin,will they hold the hands of all their members on election day. 2 vote for APGA?

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid And Tania Ends Relationship [see Proofshere] / Jonathan Appoint Ex-Gov Mu'azu As PenCom Boss / PDP Crises;jonathan Vows To Pressure,to Sacrifice Tukur.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.