Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,718 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies (31925 Views)

The 2015 "Best Of Nollywood Awards" Nominees / Top 10 Nollywood Movies You Watched In 2014 / 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by adezjamz(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
I no D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ watch again coz dem fit low person IQ

2 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Ladiva49(f): 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
philfearon: Nollywood Dey try shaa......Movies like "Slave" "Scout" "Moving train" "love boat" "witches" "Aguba" ",etc,are all classics! ..But that Was
far back in the days shaa....
Now,Nollywood is proliferated...Imagine the way films goes this days:
"Mr Obi 1&2" "The Return of Mr Obi 1&2", "The End of Mr Obi 1&2", "The Final End of Mr Obi 1&2"....and You will think it is finally over,then they will add a silly spinoff,"Mr and Mrs Obi 1&2" ,and on and on it goes !! I tire!
ths one got me laughing so hard i fell from my bed. Its so true.....
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by TohBeeQute: 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
fruityjojo: Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew! 80percent of wat d op wrote are pure,bloody LIES! Writting rubbish just cos ur looking 4 cheap likes!
The very First Cute Chic i'ld be viewing her pics on NairaLand :-O ......now to business.....not all are lies ...yo sounded like yo got issues with the op..*giggling*.just sayingsmiley
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Godson201333(m): 11:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
fckyourman: Making Films with ridiculous name

1) ASUU
2) Blackberry Babes.
3)My Sweet Potato
4)The Calculator.

Lastly is only in naija film where ghost can come back to life.

And what about Oga at the top?
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Jerryjat(m): 12:00am On Nov 15, 2013
Justosaus: Some guys & babes on nairaland are quite funny... Do u think criticizing nollywood is what makes u look more matured? Some of us actually enjoy most nolly movies, even with all the so called 'crap' - and i most solemnly assure u, we're not iliterates... If u're really as intelligent as u try to claim you are, u'll also see that the hollywood u abandon ur own for (just to 'belong') also has lots & lots of flaws - for example, haven't you noticed in Steven Seagel's movies, he hardly dodges bullets yet even as big as he is no bullet touches him during a gun fight? Or in those films where people twist & turn in between laser beams without getting chopped into pieces?
Each movie industry has its own flaws & there's plenty of room for improvement - but please don't think because u don't enjoy nolly movies, it makes sort of intellectually superior to those who do!

Sir have u heard of dis word called maturity?.. If u have am surprised u r comparing Nolly wit Holly...

And no one should come here and be saying do u no how many years they've been existing, coz I believe age is just a Number...ur IQ speaks...

Hollywood... Those guy are just so matured... There are. Sum films u watch u find at hard to believe it been acted, coz it look so real...

Reference... (The walking Dead) u'll see how humans are been eating and torn apart... Great concept...

So to Me I believe it all about being matured...

And Nollywood are. Far from that...

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 15, 2013
To all the staunch advocates of Nollywood, can you please tell your Nollywood producers and directors to learn to summarize their 8 hours long story line into 2 hours? It can get pretty tiring and annoying when you see a movie like "Death of Clara 1 & 2". Just when you think the movie is over, you see "Resurrection of Clara 3 & 4" and "Final death of Clara 5 & 6". Sometimes, there will be an additional 2 part like "Final burial of Clara 7 & 8". And each part is just 45 mins. What is that for goodness sake? Hell, that is enough to make anyone angry. Then they complain that people buy pirated DVDs. Why won't they buy pirated discs? When there are 8 parts to a movie and they expect people to churn out 150-200 naira per part? Until those jokers learn to make one part movies, ain't nobody got time to be looking for the real DVDs to buy. Mschew!!!

3 Likes

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by fruityjojo(f): 12:43am On Nov 15, 2013
Jerry-jat:

Sir have u heard of dis word called maturity?.. If u have am surprised u r comparing Nolly wit Holly...

And no one should come here and be saying do u no how many years they've been existing, coz I believe age is just a Number...ur IQ speaks...

Hollywood... Those guy are just so matured... There are. Sum films u watch u find at hard to believe it been acted, coz it look so real...

Reference... (The walking Dead) u'll see how humans are been eating and torn apart... Great concept...

So to Me I believe it all about being matured...

And Nollywood are. Far from that...

So I guess You & A CHILD OF 5 should have the same IQ & mental capabilties since AGE IS JUST A NUMBER!

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 15, 2013
hmmm
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by JadeWilliam(f): 1:24am On Nov 15, 2013
The one dat gets me so angry is "9mths later or 2yrs later,d girl/woman is stil carryin d same braid or hair&am lik,wot's d work of d make up artist on d set?Can't u recognize dat afta som scenes d lady is supposed 2change hairstyle?I watched dis stupid movie called blackberry babes.Frm part 1 to part 4 abi 5;Tonto Dike&Oge Okoye wore d same brazilian hair thruout...... Annoyin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by JadeWilliam(f): 1:24am On Nov 15, 2013
Another thng is dis trend of makin a movie upto part 4&part 6.Atimes,renamin d part 5&6 but continuation of pt 4.These movies ar lik 30 mins&somtyms a useless scene might last upto 5-10 mins lik d family eatin or somone drinkin juice&watchin telle.....
D reason I hate Nigerian movies ar so many.My sister inlaw stayin wit me is a nollywood freak so somtyms,I sit&watch wit her.
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 15, 2013
Kennyroy24:

5. How come a legendary Village Movie, set in the 70′s, still find Brazilian hair on Mercy Johnson?

9. “15 years ago” , Ini Edo calls her boyfriend using a Blackberry Bold 5.

grin cheesy grin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Xclusvibebay: 5:22am On Nov 15, 2013
U no dat awkward moment wen someone die in ur family......jst call any nollywood director to check mayb dey can bring d dead back to life.....u no mayb by acting film d dead can come bck to lyf......lolzz
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by megaomo(m): 5:43am On Nov 15, 2013
.Mehn guys how una see the production quality of Late Chinu Achebe's things fall apart. Camara men mounted choppers to capture particular scenes. The lightening effects was tight,and to crown it all the storyline had a reasonable degree of suspence. Nollywood shebi na backward ever,foward never?
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by admol28: 7:06am On Nov 15, 2013
In response to Scum critizicing d critics, these ar constructive critism, hw do u explain a gunshot without blood in Nollyhood nd wen was d lasttime we receive major film making awards? Becos all blinds can now see , just 1 film from southern Africa will clear all d awards, so who ar we fooling? Abegi let's get things done ryt jare, kudos to "Ije and Fugurine" dos ar gud movies no doubt, but to say d truth Nollyhood is crap. Mercy Johnson in primary school uniform? Chaii!!

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by femzi007(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2013
u will see patience ozonkwo putting poison in her husbands food,afta 2 spoons,she tastes it,nd say:dis 1 neva reach to kill am..she adds 5 more spoons and taste it,and says:yes,na dis 1 go kill am... D poison no dey affect am ni?? sad :?? :|

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by winteriscoming: 7:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Little to no editing
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by winteriscoming: 8:13am On Nov 15, 2013
The flash backs are just too much. I watched a movie yesterday and they did a flashback of a scene we've already watched. That's 10 minutes gone.

Really bad storytelling. It's as if there are no script writers.

Those of you that watch a lot of yoruba films. Have you noticed that 8 of of 10 movies end with a family meeting. I mean WTF

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by AJGOLD(f): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2013
u see someone recalling wot happend in d past but 2013 calender is at his back or someone putting on Arsenal shirt when acting a village setting film......... cheesy
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Timijo(m): 8:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Kennyroy24: Here is the list of some funny observations about Nollywood movies.

1. It's funny that a Ghost picks up a call in Nollywood. How is it actually possible?

2. Interesting to know: why should a Ghost look “left and right” before crossing the road?

3. Isn't it funny when two Ghost to fall in love?

4. Why do Nollywood characters always die or run mad immediately after their confessions?

5. How come a legendary Village Movie, set in the 70′s, still find Brazilian hair on Mercy Johnson?

6. Why must all hired assassins be found in uncompleted or abandoned buildings?

7. Can you imagine a complete Yoruba movie without a visit to the ‘Baba’?

8. How can one explain that nine times out of ten Olu Jacobs dies of heart attack in Nollywood movies.

9. “15 years ago” , Ini Edo calls her boyfriend using a Blackberry Bold 5.

10. When poor people come to Lagos to struggle, they always make it. Really?

11. Isn't it funny when Segun Arinze acts as Ramsey Noah’s dad?

12. It's quite a strange thing to hear from a blind woman: “I’m happy to see you, my son”.

Maybe you have something to add?
http://omobar..com/2013/11/12-funny-things-typical-of-nollywood.html

Your 12 observations are what is making them famous in all over the world and money is flowing into their pockets. Nollywood movies are the most view movies in all over the world.
Come to think of It, are u as famous as the least Nollywood artistes? Who even know you in your area? Sit down their and be criticising them. It is easier to criticise than to create.

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by haibe(m): 8:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Okaka27(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2013
Maa talk my own grin
Its funny Wen you see two hefty guys fightin in a movie,
Yul Edochie will just touch Yemi Blaq on the chest,
The next thing ,Blaq dn fall yakata for ground and he has fainted.

I've heard one heard d director in a movie shout 'action!!' cheesy grin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Okaka27(m): 8:38am On Nov 15, 2013
Maa talk my own grin
Its funny Wen you see two hefty guys fightin in a movie,
Yul Edochie will just touch Yemi Blaq on the chest,
The next thing ,Blaq dn fall yakata for ground and he has fainted.

I've once heard d director in a movie shout 'action!!' cheesy grin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by winteriscoming: 8:40am On Nov 15, 2013
Timijo: Your 12 observations are what is making them famous in all over the world and money is flowing into their pockets. Nollywood movies are the most view movies in all over the world.
Come to think of It, are u as famous as the least Nollywood artistes? Who even know you in your area? Sit down their and be criticising them. It is easier to criticise than to create.

Fame is not equal to success. I bet you know funke akindele, but without Google who is Sandra Lerner.

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by winteriscoming: 8:51am On Nov 15, 2013
nutty_hnic: Nolly f.u..cking woooood....what does that mean?

I can guarantee it wasnt officially named that!!

The mo....rons just whined about how they r the hollywood of africa, nd then jokingly said nollywood....what a mess!

Make movies that affect public opinion, you dont need a high budget to do that...,just TIME AND PATIENCE.

i once read how a "nollywood" director boasted that he could produce five movies in one week....how sad!

Exactly. In my opinion Mr&Mrs was a good movie and am sure they didn't have to break the bank.

PS: Am not sure it's a Nigerian movie
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by lordjayabs: 8:58am On Nov 15, 2013
Arm chair critics will soon take over the thread. Nollywood actors, producers and directors have made our movie industry one of the best and most followed in Africa, what have you fools done for Nigeria?

i xpect u 2 be ashamed of urself for writing this

1 Like

Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by narmani: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2013
Pyrrho: Is it jst me or it is irritating to see a movie where a person buys an orange and pills it... And that makes a whole scene!?
You wld av to watch hw the person began frm the house to the streets, then to the market through the streets and bck home, I wld still av to watch how it was pilled and eaten, u wld probably av the "great" opportunity to count the seeds dat were in the orange!!!
Nonsensical!!!

www.youtube.com/howtopeeloranges
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 15, 2013
prince_onx: Armed robbers attack a bank, from the outside them begin shot, ppl inside dey fall dey die but bank window no brake at all! Smh
I know d film desparado is the name
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by khattyluv1: 9:44am On Nov 15, 2013
grin cheesy grin
Maximus85: Funsho Adeolu was angry while calling his wife on the fone "this is 10pm and Ure not back home" when the wife was shown receiving the call....the sky was bright. something around 2pm
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 15, 2013
iterator25: Thieves in a bank surrounded by glasses kills several policemen outside the bank while the glass remains intact sad
lol desparado
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2013
djkaneo:

Hollywood movies get mumu names wey pass our own
name 1 angry
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2013
sarutobie: You can tell the plot of the movie by just listening to theme song..them go just hire one mediocre female artiste wey go just dey sing off key,and a typical lyric that goes "I was born an orphan grin grin ,I have nowhere to go,my stepmother is against me,mama where are you papa where are you".. You no need soothsayer to tell you wetin happen and how the movie go take end grin
buaahahahahahahah guy just murdered it grin
Re: 12 Funny Things Typical Of Nollywood Movies by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2013
litetias: Nollywood movies insult my intelligence, so poor. I'd rather watch Yoruba movies than Nollywood movies even though am not Yoruba. I guess the Ibo executive producers that have taken over the industry don't know or care about quality. I am nostalgic for the days of the Ejiro brothers, Amatas, Teco Benson, infact the Ibos destroyed Nollywood.
whatevr man take ur tribalistic post and shove it up ur a..ss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Experience With Dstv October Double Upgrade Promo / Ozo Begs Nengi After Picking Dora As Deputy Head Of House / Saskay Evicted From The Big Brother House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.