Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) (9224 Views)

Aregbesola Vs Omisore: Osun State As Sambisa forest / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by mayorall(m): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :
Gov peter obi of anambra recently donated 22,500 laptops to students of anambra state plus 1400 printer at the rate of #2.65billion.
While his osun state counterpart donated just 3600 "opom imo ipad" at #8.6billion to osun state students.
Compare 22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer
with Osun state 3600 Opom Imo fraud
•22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer =
2.65billion
•3,600 Opom Imo ipad = 8.6billion
Can you spot the disparity?
Now who is decieving?who is truly the progressive?

Must you always show you are an illiterate, "opon imo ipad". Ipad is made by Apple that is why its called Ipad. Moreover, opon imo is a tablet. People with laptop are now going for tablets and pads course they want something more convenient and make them comfortable. Get a life and stop being a disgrace to this country. Foreigners please dont mind him.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by erad(m): 10:32am On Nov 14, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

Oga seize this your bruhaha for people you can deceive. With all the above you listed, can they be compared to Encarta software?? With how much can that software be developed with? Are you telling me they buy separate software for the 3600 opon imos? I personally can handle the contract of developing the opon imo software with less than half a ten million naira and have it installed in all the opon imo. Aregbe is smart only to some set of people. I don't blame you shaaa cuz you are really getting a good pay to cover these guys online.
Just look at the comparison again and knock yourself on the head for trying to comment on this thread instead of ignoring like you didn't know it existed.

When you started, I actually thought you were the smart one... Once again, I am disappointed.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Akshow: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.
what do u expect from yiiiibooo made people? Quantity and d risk of quality deluded mofos.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Dollarjunkie: 10:36am On Nov 14, 2013
erad:

When you started, I actually thought you were the smart one... Once again, I am disappointed.

Really?
Anyways thatz my job! Disappointing people with the truth.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by mancheeutd(m): 10:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

Oga seize this your bruhaha for people you can deceive. With all the above you listed, can they be compared to Encarta software?? With how much can that software be developed with? Are you telling me they buy separate software for the 3600 opon imos? I personally can handle the contract of developing the opon imo software with less than half a ten million naira and have it installed in all the opon imo. Aregbe is smart only to some set of people. I don't blame you shaaa cuz you are really getting a good pay to cover these guys online.
Just look at the comparison again and knock yourself on the head for trying to comment on this thread instead of ignoring like you didn't know it existed.

Was the argument against the software vs the opon imo or vs laptop abi didrin leyi ni compare 200mil to 2billion ode
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Dollarjunkie: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2013
Akshow: what do u expect from yiiiibooo made people? Quantity and d risk of quality deluded mofos.

This is the best you can make out of your opon imoD brain. Retard!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Dollarjunkie: 10:49am On Nov 14, 2013
mancheeutd:

Was the argument against the software vs the opon imo or vs laptop abi didrin leyi ni compare 200mil to 2billion ode

He listed the components of the software in opon imo and I tried to enlighten him that therez nothing much with the embedded software.
The hardware itself should go for about 15k each cuz there's lesser memory space, low frequency, RAM, camera quality et al. The specs can't be compared with everyday ipad. And most of all, it comes in quantity. Hope you get my point now

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Why are some people so gullible that they can publicly defend a cear fraud and stategem like opom imo project headed by Aregbosola son. The future of this Nation may be bleak if we continue like this.N8.6b can transform a nation if it is well managed.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by khamas19: 10:59am On Nov 14, 2013
..this is getting too much on nairaland!!!...people come and propagate outright lies for no reason other than to shamelessly acquire political

capital...the moderators and Seun should devise quality control measures..else nairaland will just go to the dogs.. how did 200m become 8.6 bn?

there should be penalties for such intentional misdirection ..at the very least the thread should carry a marker that identifies it as false...and

moved to a "hall of shame" kind of category created specially for it so as not to infringe on a lunatic's freedom of expression...

..Seun it is your duty to protect your readers-the electorate and "supposedly" the people with power to make a change from misinformation..every discourse should have an independent arbiter, a role that has been grossly neglected on this section and in this forum..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by sweetgala(m): 11:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :
Gov peter obi of anambra recently donated 22,500 laptops to students of anambra state plus 1400 printer at the rate of #2.65billion.
While his osun state counterpart donated just 3600 "opom imo ipad" at #8.6billion to osun state students.
Compare 22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer
with Osun state 3600 Opom Imo fraud
•22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer =
2.65billion
•3,600 Opom Imo ipad = 8.6billion
Can you spot the disparity?
Now who is decieving?who is truly the progressive?

Laptops should have been distributed as large electronics companies like HP and dell have current charitable activities that greatly subsidise the cost of a single laptop unit to about 200£, however no matter what you do apple would sell you an iPad at 399£ for their cheapest unit.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Olugbenger(m): 11:17am On Nov 14, 2013
I would blame both sides for this misunderstanding.
The Op's side in utmost mischief stated a false figure about the price of Opon Imo and the even the folks rebuking his warped logic and comparison weren't even sure about the prices too but resorted in defending the iniative and justfying that price.

The Op isn't alone in this wantom idiocy; a silly nairalander too 'controversy' has been peddling same false facts.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Akshow: 11:27am On Nov 14, 2013
SLIDE waxie: lemme help u pretend as a wise man:

1. When next u see a lost battle, avoid it

2. When u av nothing reasonable to say, keep mute

3. Wen u knw ur kinsmen have blown open their foolishness, and the world has been seeing how foolish they are, yet again, u knw wot to do?

Wear a ladies cloth and fly to ivory coast!
falls from palm tree. HAhahahahahahahahahaahhaahha see washing.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by oneeast3: 11:31am On Nov 14, 2013
One frog-eyed hardened criminal holding an entire tribe hostage. Continue with your under development, that is why an average yorobar is yet to boast of two square meal a day. Their state capitals still littered with mud houses and rusted zincs and yet some dolts are still praising mediocrity and arm robbery in broad day light.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 11:33am On Nov 14, 2013
one.east3:
One frog-eyed hardened criminal holding an entire tribe hostage. Continue with your under development, that is why an average yorobar is yet to boast of two square meal a day. Their state capitals still littered with mud houses and rusted zincs and yet some dolts are still praising mediocrity and arm robbery in broad day light.

Chino get out of alaigbo once in your life time. Ask your kindred why they always sell all their belong for coming to live in our land.

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by oneeast3: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

Chino get out of alaigbo once in your life time. Ask your kindred why they always sell all their belong for coming to live in our land.

Am a successful federal civil servant based in Awka with my family and I also own two shops in Onitsha Main Market that its market value runs into millions.. So why should I go to the unlivable yorobarland that was cursed with mud houses?

Which one is your land? Lagos? The last we checked lagos is not a yorobarland but FG enclave therefore a no man's land.

Go back to your mud houses and poverty infested yorobar enclaves as ibadan, akure, ekti, oshogbo, abeokuta etc. The las we checked igbos does not live in those rural yorobar state capital.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2013
i wonder what this op was smoking before he came to show his daftness.
foolish yiiboos. #yimu yimu. cool
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2013
one.east3:

Am a successful federal civil servant based in Awka with my family and I also own two shops in Onitsha Main Market that its market value runs into millions.. So why should I go to the unlivable yorobarland?

Which one is your land? Lagos? The last we checked lagos is not a yorobarland but FG enclave therefore a no man's land.

Go back to your mud houses and poverty infested yorobar enclaves as ibadan, akure, ekti, oshogbo, abeokuta etc. The las we checked igbos does not live in those rural yorobar state capital.

Chino you work in nysc anambra office at amawbia. And I know you don't own any shop in main market. You and your spouse sell ugwu leave every weekend at uberfish junction market stop lieing. Last time I check loads of igboid are still jumping on their peace mass and ifeshinachi and flooding even the worst of Yoruba cities. I told you over and over again that your kinsmen live in Yoruba hinterland like eruwa, igboora, ago amodu. If this point of my mine is difficult for you to comprehend go and get a lobotomy at medical center nkpor.

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Demdem(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2013
Peinstein:

@OP, there is need for clarity of information in discussions. I was already being sympathetic to your allegations until other posters posted the cost and units of the Opon Imo project with sources for their information. Can you please give us the source of your own information or how you arrived at your figures

U simply don't understand how the brains of these goons work. U are still asking for source?
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2013
this igbos do not listen ,now when they deport them they will be crying. no man's land i hear you.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by thechosenone: 11:53am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.

People like this agbemeta make me weep for Nigeria. why is it that no matter what our leaders do you'll always see people defending them blindly. agbameta believed the OP was telling the truth of 8.6billion and instead of asking questions of the governor he tried defending him. How can someone who isn't mad hear that a governor spent 2.4 million naira (approximately) on one laptop (8.6 billion Naira divided by 3600 laptops) and still try defending the governor by stating flimsy excuses like solar panel and e-books. do we blame this on illiteracy or what?? This is a major problem we have in this country. Akpabio can buy a bicycle for 1 billion Naira and still find people to defend him, GEJ can spend 1 billion a year on food and still find people to defend him, Fashola can use cane and chase all the poor people out of lagos (indigenes included) and still find people that defend him, Buhari can have a million innocent pips executed and still find people to defend him and then we say to ourselves that our 'Leaders" are the problem with this nation. Until we can free our minds from slavery we'll forever be slaves to these our leaders.

2.4 million Naira on a laptop and you still have people to defend you.. I thank God for people like abdH who went to do research 1st before running to defend such claims

(Everything said above is based on Agbameta's belief that the OP was telling the truth and not on the premise that the Op actually was)

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by thechosenone: 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
God bless Nigeria and grant her people wisdom

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by hercules07: 12:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
the chosen one:

People like this agbemeta make me weep for Nigeria. why is it that no matter what our leaders do you'll always see people defending them blindly. agbameta believed the OP was telling the truth of 8.6billion and instead of asking questions of the governor he tried defending him. How can someone who isn't mad hear that a governor spent 2.4 million naira (approximately) on one laptop (8.6 billion Naira divided by 3600 laptops) and still try defending the governor by stating flimsy excuses like solar panel and e-books. do we blame this on illiteracy or what?? This is a major problem we have in this country. Akpabio can buy a bicycle for 1 billion Naira and still find people to defend him, GEJ can spend 1 billion a year on food and still find people to defend him, Fashola can use cane and chase all the poor people out of lagos (indigenes included) and still find people that defend him, Buhari can have a million innocent pips executed and still find people to defend him and then we say to ourselves that our 'Leaders" are the problem with this nation. Until we can free our minds from slavery we'll forever be slaves to these our leaders.

2.4 million Naira on a laptop and you still have people to defend you.. I thank God for people like abdH who went to do research 1st before running to defend such claims

(Everything said above is based on Agbameta's belief that the OP was telling the truth and not on the premise that the Op actually was)

I believe Agbameta took the default position that the thread was borne out of hatred for Yorubas (subsequent events have proved that), on the issue of a laptop and its content costing 2.4m Naira (not in this case), this is actually possible where intellectual property laws are enforced, the cost of the hardware is usually a small part of the overall cost.

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Jmain: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
hercules07:

I believe Agbameta took the default position that the thread was borne out of hatred for Yorubas (subsequent events have proved that), on the issue of a laptop and its content costing 2.4m Naira (not in this case), this is actually possible where intellectual property laws are enforced, the cost of the hardware is usually a small part of the overall cost.

Stop trying to defend that goon. You can do better than this . . . sad
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 1:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jmain:

Jamiu why are you going around a ban, Your jmaine account is banned abi. Reporting to sexkid asap.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by thechosenone: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

Jamiu why are you going around a ban, Your jmaine account is banned abi. Reporting to sexkid asap.
snitch grin grin grin
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by hercules07: 1:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jmain:

I am not defending anybody, the cost of Opon Imo is established, we all know Agbameta is close to APC, so, he/she should know how much was spent on the project. On the issue of content, my mac is about 1300 USD, the IP content is probably 10 times that if not more.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
the chosen one:
snitch grin grin grin

That is the new method in hunting foes now.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 1:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
the chosen one:

People like this agbemeta make me weep for Nigeria. why is it that no matter what our leaders do you'll always see people defending them blindly. [b]agbameta believed the OP was telling the truth of 8.6billion and instead of asking questions of the governor he tried defending him. How can someone who isn't mad hear that a governor spent 2.4 million naira (approximately) on one laptop (8.6 billion Naira divided by 3600 laptops) and still try defending the governor by stating flimsy excuses like solar panel and e-books. do we blame this on illiteracy or what?? [/b]This is a major problem we have in this country. Akpabio can buy a bicycle for 1 billion Naira and still find people to defend him, GEJ can spend 1 billion a year on food and still find people to defend him, Fashola can use cane and chase all the poor people out of lagos (indigenes included) and still find people that defend him, Buhari can have a million innocent pips executed and still find people to defend him and then we say to ourselves that our 'Leaders" are the problem with this nation. Until we can free our minds from slavery we'll forever be slaves to these our leaders.

Where is the sense in this mashed up village shitttt? Arithmetic wasn't part of your village square schooling activities?

it is no longer as assumption that you people are what I call you everyday, you people are brain dead ignorant and village illiterates with zero redeeming qualities.
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
Jmain:

Oponu Jamiu, you should know by know that I need no defense from anybody. I took on millions of you village clowns before and I'll do it all over again anytime any day.

If you feel like stepping into this ring, show your village face and watch me mash it up for you like I do all the time. I have free time to kill so it's your village choice..

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 1:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
hercules07:

I took the default position simply because the OP's post as exposed was bogus and non factual, his village and bigoted reasons was secondary..
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dollarjunkie:

He listed the components of the software in opon imo and I tried to enlighten him that therez nothing much with the embedded software.
The hardware itself should go for about 15k each cuz there's lesser memory space, low frequency, RAM, camera quality et al. The specs can't be compared with everyday ipad. And most of all, it comes in quantity. Hope you get my point now

1. Your software rant was moronic since the argument with the software was explaining the fact that your adanma obi's laptop freebee doesn't have the same capabilities and functions like Opon Imo and you jokers are yet to tell us what's in that piece of junk.

Developing software for 17 different subjects, decades of WAEC/JAMB test questions and other learning features wasn't a village isi ewu and pami project.

2. What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

3. Where is the website for the program?.

4. Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

5. Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

Answer the above questions or STFU with your ignorant and village silliness..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paris Funds: President Buhari meets With Nigerian Governors Forum / Fani-kayode’s Ex-mistress, Chioma Anasoh In Distress Say: I Was Used And Dumped / Rich Kids Joyriding/street racing In Abuja - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.