Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,828 members, 7,824,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) (9236 Views)

Aregbesola Vs Omisore: Osun State As Sambisa forest / Opon Imo Wins UN Award Of E-learning, Creativity And Education In Estonia / Opon Imo Launched By Osun Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
Gov peter obi of anambra recently donated 22,500 laptops to students of anambra state plus 1400 printer at the rate of #2.65billion.
While his osun state counterpart donated just 3600 "opom imo ipad" at #8.6billion to osun state students.
Compare 22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer
with Osun state 3600 Opom Imo fraud
•22,500 laptops plus 1400 printer =
2.65billion
•3,600 Opom Imo ipad = 8.6billion
Can you spot the disparity?
Now who is decieving?who is truly the progressive?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Polio: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
BOTH ARE FUC.KING THIEVES

No progression here, it is all a grand sham!

2 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nnewi1stSon: 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
My brother, it is shameful! To think that a region filled with homo erectuses will be hijacked and hypnotised by one frog eyed thieving kleptomaniac leaves much to be desired of the type of democracy practised in that enclave!

25 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 11:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Itoroetti :
Gov peter obi of anambra recently donated 22,500 laptops to students of anambra state plus 1400 printer at the rate of #2.65billion.
While his osun state counterpart donated just 3600 "opom imo ipad" at #8.6billion to osun state students.
2.65billion

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

What's inside your bogus and election related rubbish laptop?

Where is the website for the program?.

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by bloggernaija: 11:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Opon IMO had a strategy behind it.
It was done to eliminate the use of costly textbook as well as ensure that the poorest of the poor have access to the same educational resources(book and tutorial ) as every other kid .
It is only one aspect of the grand restructuring of the educational sector.from building classrooms and school to wholesale mergers .From offering incentives to teacher who choose to teach in rural area to training manpower for opportunities already available in the state.

In short,it has a comprehensive plan behind it.

I am scratching my head like I did in the case of ekiti to see what the plan behind this sudden benevolence of obi is all about .
What has he been doing in the last 8 yrs?
Would it not have been better to defer future policies to the incoming administration ?

MY TAKE.
HE has already conceded the election to PDP rigging machine.
He is using the last remaining days to pay off cronies and acolytes .
Also ,he is emptying the treasury.

If I were from that state ,I will be very livid.

20 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by GEJTILL2019(m): 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
agbameta:

1. Opon is preloaded with 17 subjects offered by students in the West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, WASSCE. The subjects have been designed in forms of lesson notes, textbooks, mostly provided by Publishers and Master Teachers Inputs. A content verifier has also verified lesson notes on each subject (Masters Teachers Works).

2. Seven extra-curricular subjects such as Sexuality Education, Civic Education, Yoruba History, Ifa Traditional Religion, Computer Education and Entrepreneurship Education, and Twelve Thousand Yoruba Proverbs are also preloaded.

3. Ten years’ past questions and answers provided by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, and the West African Examinations Council, WAEC. Consequently, questions and answers in 17 Ordinary Level subjects have been provided. They are English Language, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Economics, Principles of Accounts, Literature in English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Yoruba, Commerce, Further Mathematics, History, Geography, Government, IRK and CRK.

It's not about quantity, it's about what's inside both products and also what they can do?

Where is the infrastructure and tech support to support this so called laptop scam?

Where are the solar panels to supply power needed to power the laptops lik they have in Osun schools?

I don't know why we always have to explain to you illiterate villagers that quality is always better than quantity.
ode lasan

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:05am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

In your neck of the woods, the downloaded text materials is worth billions of naira

your idiocy will make even the devil to be ashamed of you cheesy.

Did you use your pubic hair as snuff ? undecided

55 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 12:10am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

What do u now mean?are they not e-books u can pick at will?how does those e-books inflate the prices of the ipad?
Why must u always support evils?

9 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:10am On Nov 14, 2013
bloggernaija: Opon IMO had a strategy behind it.
It was done to eliminate the use of costly textbook as well as ensure that the poorest of the poor have access to the same educational resources(book and tutorial ) as every other kid .
It is only one aspect of the grand restructuring of the educational sector.from building classrooms and school to wholesale mergers .From offering incentives to teacher who choose to teach in rural area to training manpower for opportunities already available in the state.

I am scratching my head like I did in the case of ekiti to see what the plan behind this sudden benevolence of obi is .
Would it not have been better to defer future policies to the incoming administration ?

MY TAKE.

Stop boring us with this useless deflection and discuss the main issue of corruption patenting to the exorbitant and inflated cost of the Opon Imo

8 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 12:11am On Nov 14, 2013
bloggernaija: Opon IMO had a strategy behind it.

I am scratching my head like I did in the case of ekiti to see what the plan behind this sudden benevolence of obi is .

MY TAKE.

So the grand desiGn was for him to inflat the prices of cheap chinese made clone ipad?

6 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Brimmie(m): 12:12am On Nov 14, 2013
Oponu ni OP e sha..

Comparing Tablet with PC?? Ashunu oshi!
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Itoroetti(m): 12:13am On Nov 14, 2013
Rad1cal:

In your neck of the woods, the downloaded text materials is worth billions of naira

your idiocy will make even the devil to be ashamed of you cheesy.

Did you use your pubic hair as snuff ? undecided

Don't mind him.even when the truth is staring at his face,he wouldn't want to distinguish them.

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:13am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

What do u now mean?are they not e-books u can pick at will?how does those e-books inflate the prices of the ipad?
Why must u always support evils?

Enytin the progrethieves does is always good and saintly to them.

Hallelujah !! Osun A dara embarassed .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2013
Brimmie: Oponu ni OP e sha..

Comparing Tablet with PC?? Ashunu oshi!

Argue your case with facts . We dey wait
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 12:15am On Nov 14, 2013
GEJTILL2019: ode lasan

Typical villager with meager vocabulary..

What a dumb idiot...

@ Radifhag, stop stressing yourself as usual for my attention, this is beyond your lowly village level so why waste my valuable internet time on a village fhagg like you...?

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:20am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

Typical villager with meager vocabulary..

What a dumb idiot...

@ Radifhag, stop stressing yourself as usual for my attention, this is beyond your lowly village level so why waste my valuable internet time on a village fhagg like you...?

AshawoMeta, you are such a mess on this thread. quit your troll and defend your pay properly.

You comedic entertainment is a joy to behold.

17 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 12:24am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind him.even when the truth is staring at his face,he wouldn't want to distinguish them.

The truth is you and your fellow villagers answering the questions below...

3 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Rad1cal: 12:25am On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

The truth is you and your fellow villagers answering the questions below...

AshawoMeta, defend your pay or stroll out in utter shame . Ole cheesy

17 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by AbdH: 12:41am On Nov 14, 2013
What make the story of Opon Imo very attractive and recommendable are not just the details of the content but the cost analysis, which was provided by the state government Apart from the fact that its contents can be customised to meet the needs of users, it is very affordable based on the following cost analysis:

1. JAMB & WASC past questions for all subjects for a period of ten years on 17 subjects at a conservative estimate of N1000 per subject will give a conservative figure of N2,550,000,000 (N2.55 billion).

2. Virtual Classroom zone containing 51 audio tutorials estimated at about N5000 per session gives N38,250,000,000 (N38.25 billion) for 150,000 students.

3. 63 e-textbooks preloaded at a conservative estimate of N1000 each comes to N63,000 x 150,000 = N9,450,000,000 (N9.45 billion).

The state government sums it up with the explanation that, were they “to engage in the physical purchase of hard-copies of textbooks for the 17 subjects taught in our public schools, hard-copies of 51 audio tutorials, hard-copies of JAMB & WAEC past questions and answers for all subjects for a period of 10 years, it would (conservatively speaking) cost a whopping N50.25 billion.” The State of Osun is providing each students of SSS 1–3 Opon Imo free based on initial rollout of 150,000 to be distributed to students and teachers.

The question at this point is, What is the cost of the 150,000 Opon Imo being introduced in all public senior secondary schools in the State of Osun? Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, the Governor of the state, who conceived the whole idea while window shopping in an electronic store, announced during the launching that the total cost of the project is slightly above N200 million.
One of the things that the Opon Imo project necessitated is the installation of solar panels in schools to power the devices. It is not very clear whether the cost of installing the solar panels in schools is included in the slightly above N200 million expenditure.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/06/19/opon-imo-inspirational-message-from-state-of-osun/

@Poster can do better than the lies he put up there. Slightly above N200 million is quite far from 8.2 billion Naira if you ask me.

12 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 14, 2013
op, dont u know opon imo is frogressive ipad? grin

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by apoti(m): 12:56am On Nov 14, 2013
What was Obi doing in the last 8 years. This is just a last minute plot to save his a55
Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by cKaiser: 1:05am On Nov 14, 2013
Its time for OP to now defend his Peter Adaobi

150,000 opon imo cost slightly above N200m

Now let him defend how 22,000 laptops and printer cost 2.65billion

11 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by erad(m): 1:43am On Nov 14, 2013
I smell mischief here...

Point of correction, the cost of supplying opon-imo by the government of the state of osun isn't N8.6bn... Rather, thats the amount it will be saving the state on the purchase of textbooks.

I really don't care about every other thing being said, we are all entitled to our opinions. Just learn to get your facts right before attempting to mislead people on the internet.

8 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by gregg2: 3:50am On Nov 14, 2013
APC thieves.
Was wondering how forbes forgot Tinubu in its list of world billionaires

1 Like

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by CyberG: 4:30am On Nov 14, 2013
Itoroetti :
2.65billion

It seems some people are becoming even dumber everyday, as though they were not dumb enough already! Opon Imo WILL HAVE A COST SAVING OF 8.4 B, meaning the estimated value of money that would otherwise be spent! The plan is for 150,000 with 50,000 in the first year of introduction and the other 100,000 is planned to be assembled with the state! Get your facts right!

Remember, in the same way the west ran a comprehensive free education program widely successful in the 50s and 60s while some other part of Nigeria (no need to mention) just copied the idea without understanding it and having the infrastructure, so is the case of laptops now. That money is stolen and wasted because Obi just had to find a way to move the money! He waited for 7.99 years out of 8 and then in a knee-jerk reaction just buys laptops?? Yeye dey smell!

12 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by eggheaders(m): 4:31am On Nov 14, 2013
Its so shameful that this people can go to any length to make up figures to discredit a laudable project like this. A project that even UNICEF gave a thumb up and this nobody of a pest is trying to bad mouth. Smh for all this pdp lapdogs.

14 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Garrithe1st: 4:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Opon Imo Will Save Osun N8.4 billion Of Textbook Procurement Costs

Posted by: Channels Television Posted date: June 03, 2013 In: Current, Local | comment : 1

The State of Osun on Monday took a giant step in its effort to tackle mass illiteracy and ease learning process in senior secondary schools across the state with the launch of Opon Imo.

Opon Imo also known as the tablet of knowledge is an e-learning device, the first if its kind in Nigeria provided by the state government to equip students with knowledge and make it easier for them to pass school leaving certificates examination.

According to the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf ARegbesola, the journey of the electronic device adapted for education purpose, was conceived in 2011.

He revealed that Opon Imo specifically meant for senior secondary students, will help ease the challenge of external examination and it will also save the state about N8.4 billion annually in textbook procurement costs.

The Governor also stated that the device will ease the students of carrying loaded backpacks of books which according to research result in back pains for the students.

Opon Imo is a standalone, educational, multimedia e-learning content platform that comes with pre-loaded applications for WAEC and JAMB approved text books.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/06/03/opon-imo-will-save-osun-n8-4-billion-of-textbook-procurement-costs/

10 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Garrithe1st: 4:52am On Nov 14, 2013
I want to be a RASCAL like AregbeRASCAL when I grow up...

grin

9 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by agbameta: 4:53am On Nov 14, 2013
This is the kind of idiocy, crassness and stupidity you get with hatred, bigotry, bitterness, low self esteem and insecurity. It never fails with these backward villagers.

4 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Garrithe1st: 4:53am On Nov 14, 2013
OP there are 2 things involved; its either:

1. You are a PURE cretinous and idiotic illiterate suffering from acute shortage of brain cells needed for incisive and critical reasoning.... OR

2. You are a hateful, lying, evil and retarded reprobate a despicable being lacking in truth, honesty and integrity.

Whatever the case, Nigeria will be better of if imps like you are rounded up and summarily sent to the after-life in style...

cool

12 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Nobody: 5:04am On Nov 14, 2013
This igbo people sha! Look at the wrong facts dat dummy OP placed as real. 8.6Billion is the amount saved for not buying textbooks while 200million is the total amount spent on 150,000 opon-imo.

MODS, put this thread in the trash can cos it's lies have been debunked.

7 Likes

Re: Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) by Garrithe1st: 5:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Segeggs: This igbo people sha! Look at the wrong facts dat dummy OP placed as real. 8.6Billion is the amount saved for not buying textbooks while 200million is the total amount spent on 150,000 opon-imo.

MODS, put this thread in the trash can cos it's lies have been debunked.

OP should be banned for breaking rule 8

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olawepo Hashim's Campaign To Stop Recycling Leaders Trending On Twitter / I Am Not Edo Godfather - Oshiomhole On House Of Assembly Crisis / Breaking: Igbo Owned Building Material Market Attack And Burn Down In Sokoto-pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.