Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,840 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible (14058 Views)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by SportsHubng: 6:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Super Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, is optimistic that apart from beating Ethiopia in Saturday’s World Cup qualifier in Calabar, his team can also win the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

The former coach of Mali is sure that Nigeria can win the 2014 World Cup in Brazil as soon as the Ethiopian hurdle is scaled.

He said, “Nothing is impossible in football; we can win the trophy in Brazil but the immediate task at hand is to qualify first for the World Cup.

“We have not qualified but on the verge of doing so and we must not let down our guards at this crucial moment.”

Keshi who was upset on Tuesday as players trickled into camp at a time he had expected training to have commenced fully, viewed the situation differently on Wednesday. The arrival of 2013 African Nations Cup hero Emmanuel Emenike in Calabar clearly calmed the nerves of the former Togo manager.

Emenike, who plays for Fernabahce in Turkey and Lazio of Italy’s Ogenyi Onazi were the last two players to make it to the Transcorp Hotel camp of the national team on Wednesday to the relief of Keshi and his assistants.

Keshi, who told his backroom staff he was initially angry at the late arrival of the players later reasoned that it was not their making as connecting flights from Lagos and Abuja to Calabar were quite a bit of challenge to the players.

He told the media in an interactive session, “I am relieved now that all the players are here and we can start serious preparation for the game against Ethiopia, who are still a threat because they are a very good side and have been together for up to five years. This is unlike our team which is relatively young and new.”

Meanwhile, goalkeeper and captain Vincent Enyeama said he was still pained at the goal the Ethiopians scored against him in Addis Ababa.

“That goal never crossed the line, because I knew where I stood to catch that ball. The ball that Godfrey Oboabona cleared out also did not cross the line as some people were insinuating and the referee got that right but got the other one wrong.”

After the Wednesday training session which featured all 24 invited players at the UJ Esuene Stadium, the Eagles managers have decided to have a closed session on Thursday evening at the same venue. The session will be closed to the media and general public. Friday morning training session will, however, be open to the media.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/nigeria-can-win-world-cup-keshi/

http://sportshubng.com/keshi-nigeria-can-win-trophy-brazil-nothing-impossible/

3 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by MANGAM(m): 6:56am On Nov 14, 2013
Indeed nothing is impossible but
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by bizibrain(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2013
Abeg stop dreaming. I personally believe u ar gonna reach semi-final, but 2 lift d cup......Shey na spain u won beat or na germany or argentina.

Anyway its possible sha since portugal could lose 2 isreal.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by RoyalRoy(m): 7:19am On Nov 14, 2013
If wishes were horses!

You don't even have a regular first 11 and you want to win the world cup.

Maybe na Under-17 world cup you think you dey go play.

7 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 14, 2013

6 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by DrKlever(m): 7:37am On Nov 14, 2013
Keshi just build a regular 1st team players before we talk of taking the world cup. Ofcourse you can win it.

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Forzap: 8:19am On Nov 14, 2013
Joke of d century cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by premlove(m): 9:34am On Nov 14, 2013
Keshi i believe you and i trust you and i know very well that you can win the world cup. Before the nations cup you say with emenike you can win the nations cup which you did even when everybodi is against you when you were not playing ikechukwu and again we all are behind you this time PLS WIN THE WORLD CUP

7 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Lmao. This man is high on Fanta grin

11 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by oluplus(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2013
Na lie. E no fit happen.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by pet7: 10:17am On Nov 14, 2013
if they can emulate u 17 boys they can go as far as possible

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by bizibrain(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2013
Look @ d squad he want 2 use lift world cup
RUEBEN-Injured player,avnt played match 4 a long tym.
MBA-Totally Out of form
ODUAMADI-Bench warmer
JOHN OGU-Bench warmer
AMEOBI-out cast from england squad, newcastle bench warmer
BROWN IDEYE- Bench warmer in dynamo+ poor goal brain

Even d best sef ar nt world class, but with d like of
VINCENT ENYEAMA
JOHN OBI MIKEL
EMMANUEL EMENIKE
VICTOR MOSES
EFE AMBROSE
ECHEJILE
OMERUO
OBAOBONA
ONAZI AND some outstanding player and nt d likes of dike bright, amobi,benjamen francis, ogude.

3 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by OPIAjesus: 11:29am On Nov 14, 2013
Wit whch squad. Whc defence or attack. Na only midfield 9ja get grin

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by lexyman(m): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Keshi this is a big task to handle , but if u believe you can , you will definitely be a champion but ur team must be as rich as d golden eaglet , good starting eleven and a very hyperactive bench ! Then u are good to go !!!

3 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by hotkaycee(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Are u sure

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by atlwireles: 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
If this happens next year, I will give all my tenants one year free rent. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by LeftRebel(m): 9:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
Royal Roy: If wishes were horses!

You don't even have a regular first 11 and you want to win the world cup.

Maybe na Under-17 world cup you think you dey go play.

Ogbeni, isi gi ebe ahu! If U don't have any good wishes for d Eagles, just STFU

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by tonididdy(m): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
keshi the joseph...ok he means the 'word' cup

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Iaz93: 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
This man thinks he's going to play Tahiti or San Marino in Brazil. undecidedgrinangry

Oga Keshi, I pray Nigeria wouldn't face Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Dominionng(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
Beeni Jare. Impossible is nothing!

GEJ can be the nxt American President undecided

3 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by hotmas911(m): 9:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
nothing is imposible!
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Adex097: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2013

*in martin luther king jnr's voice*

I HAVE A DREAM !!!! grin grin grin

I wish them all da best cool

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by sCun: 9:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles: If this happens next year, I will give all my tenants one year free rent. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Who dash monkey banana? Wretched man.

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Christmasdon(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Please! When last did coach stephen keshi treated his malaria! I want to know.

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by atlwireles: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
sCun: Who dash monkey banana? Wretched man.

Did you just describe your miserable life

9 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Engrdavo: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hmmmmmm,mr keshi.........

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
*In barney stinson's voice* Everything and nothing is possiBLEble.

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Chinonso14(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Inasmuch goodluck jonathan is in power

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Adonike(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
How I wished d mundial will be staged dis year 2013 (our lucky year).

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by gen2briz(m): 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
I guess they don pay this dude his salary

11 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by homesteady(m): 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
Exactly! Nothing is impossible! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by suolboy(m): 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
That's a big dream, but we can do it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fund Your Merrybet At The Nearest ATM Terminal With Your ATM Card.!_@_!__ / African History Maker, Asisat Oshoala Thrilled By Champions League Win / Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.