Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible (14061 Views)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Win The Cup For Us" - Drogba To Eagles / Mikel: Nigeria Can Defeat Ivory Coast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by russianmob27: 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lets Qualify first.... angry
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by yuskol(m): 10:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
Let's qualify first!!!!!b4 u start dreaming of winning the trophy!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by fishkaveli(m): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Sombody should call 911
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by isalegan2: 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
SportsHubng:

http://www.punchng.com/sports/nigeria-can-win-world-cup-keshi/

http://sportshubng.com/keshi-nigeria-can-win-trophy-brazil-nothing-impossible/

The headline is meant to grab attention, but what he really said while answering a bunch of other questions posed to him is, “Nothing is impossible in football; we can win the trophy in Brazil but the immediate task at hand is to qualify first for the World Cup."

What do people expect him to say? "Chei! We won't win the World Cup. Why even bother playing the Ethiops on Saturday? Let's just go back home o jare." undecided

On another note, so Keshi used to coach Mali? And Togo? Hmmm.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Prowizy2(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
In Pete Edochie's voice
"Keshi shutup n sit down"

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by penny01502: 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
by 2morrow I'll be 500M richer.......... keshi guy like APC they are both dreamers
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Moshkom: Nt in dis situation UNCLE KESHI!
shey na ya unkle ni? grin

eh ehn, help me tell am say one beta ogbonge player dey nairaland here wey dey interested 2 play 4 national team, bikonu, help me talk 2 am base on nairaland paddy-paddy

I gor give u mukina private numba 4 free cool
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
Can Nigeria win the World cup? Maybe

It's no coincidence that nations that tend to be successful @ world cups do have strong home leagues. No wonder Italy, Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina are usually the favourites.

Over the years, our leagues isn't as formidable as what it used to be.

People often say that the most glorious era in Nigeria's football history was the 90s, and in that period, we had a good and competitive league. Our USA 94 team was almost home-based and we gave the world a good run for their money...

Italy that eventually got to the finals and lost to Brazil on penalties had to labour hard to beat us... It showed how formidable, athletic and talented our players then were, yet almost entirely home-based....

If we are gonna be world cup favourites, we will need massive investments in our local leagues. If our players keep going abroad, they will continue to face a host of problems like harsh winters, different culture, different food, discrimination, visa restrictions, etc..

Back to the question, I said maybe.... If Ghana and Senegal could get to the quarter finals ( Ghana almost got to the Semis if not for Suarez), then why can't Nigeria? We also know that after the semis, it's down to determination and luck, where anything is possible...

The weather should also suit our players well!!!

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
YES!!! Only if we avoid all d European n American countries!!!grin

PS: Lets qualify first

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Porthos: 11:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
na wa

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by obinoral(m): 11:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Anvaller: For all u pessimists making ridiculous comments here, u need to shut it. Must u say something? This man did not say he is going to win the world cup, he said it is not impossible. If he said he doesn't believe eagles will win the world cup, all of u here will still bash him for having loser's mentality.

Why are u talking so low of him for having the right attitude, for believing in himself and his boys, for encouraging his guys to think big and go for the best, for psyching his boys up as any good coach in the world would. What is wrong with Africans, we just like to talk without carefully thinking. Majority of black ppl are the ones who will never believe in their fellow black man as he struggles to succeed but the moment he records success they will all come out in droves and pretend as if they had been believing in him all along so they can identify with the success.. Hypocrisy.

Such played out not long ago, @AFCON victory. Majority here knew 101 mistakes that Keshi was making and why we were never going to win AFCON but we won. They have started again.
So basle should dream of winning the almighty champions league,hull city should dream of winning Epl.torino should dream of winning serie A, villarel should dream of winning the la liga, shooting stars should dream of winning the CAF champions league,niger should also dream of winning the Afcon since dream is cheap. Keshi dream should just be second round and at most quater finals BTW apart from ivory coast which good,organize,star studedded,discipline,tactical country have they played? They should just focus on their game and aim for quater finals. Dream is good but when it is not realistics it is bad. Italy match on my mind.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by zanga420: 11:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
bizibrain: Look @ d squad he want 2 use lift world cup
RUEBEN-Injured player,avnt played match 4 a long tym.
MBA-Totally Out of form
ODUAMADI-Bench warmer
JOHN OGU-Bench warmer
AMEOBI-out cast from england squad, newcastle bench warmer
BROWN IDEYE- Bench warmer in dynamo+ poor goal brain

Even d best sef ar nt world class, but with d like of
VINCENT ENYEAMA
JOHN OBI MIKEL
EMMANUEL EMENIKE
VICTOR MOSES
EFE AMBROSE
ECHEJILE
OMERUO
OBAOBONA
ONAZI AND some outstanding player and nt d likes of dike bright, amobi,benjamen francis, ogude.
ability 2identify performers/talents
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
click2cbn: YES!!! Only if we avoid all d European n American countries!!!

PS: Lets qualify first
ah ah?
na which country wan come play d world cup or na who we gor come see play 4 d world cup?

abi na WORD cup Keshi been mean? undecided

my 2cent plus bowl of kunu, dazall cool
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by obinoral(m): 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
obo_man: Can Nigeria win the World cup? Maybe

It's no coincidence that nations that tend to be successful @ world cups do have strong home leagues. No wonder Italy, Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina are usually the favourites.

Over the years, our leagues isn't as formidable as what it used to be.

People often say that the most glorious era in Nigeria's football history was the 90s, and in that period, we had a good and competitive league. Our USA 94 team was almost home-based and we gave the world a good run for their money...

Italy that eventually got to the finals and lost to Brazil on penalties had to labour hard to beat us... It showed how formidable, athletic and talented our players then were, yet almost entirely home-based....

If we are gonna be world cup favourites, we will need massive investments in our local leagues. If our players keep going abroad, they will continue to face a host of problems like harsh winters, different culture, different food, discrimination, visa restrictions, etc..

Back to the question, I said maybe.... If Ghana and Senegal could get to the quarter finals ( Ghana almost got to the Semis if not for Suarez), then why can't Nigeria? We also know that after the semis, it's down to determination and luck, where anything is possible...

The weather should also suit our players well!!!

no luck in semis and finals infact this is the stage your tactical prowess will be tested.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Youngsage: 11:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Looll... It's actually very possible, some Nairalanders go shock that day.

Reminds me of #SpearTribe #GUS10- "Impossible is Nothing"! cheesy
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by gothrones(m): 11:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nonso23: If God be for us... who can be against us??
I believe in Nigeria.. It will be one game at a time till the trophy is ours come 2014! grin

So you are saying that God will favor a particular country over others? Even if we do not have the best players, God will still create a way for us to win? Instead of Nigerians to work hard to achieve our goals, we always delegate our responsibilities to God. It makes sense, for if we fail, instead of blaming ourselves, we will simply say that "God's time is the best."

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Of course we can win it.

The day I knew we could win the world cup was the day we played Spain at the Confederations Cup. Anybody who understands football will know what I'm talking about. cool

2 Likes

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Akiika: 11:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dominionng: Beeni Jare. Impossible is nothing!

GEJ can be the nxt American President undecided

Exactly! with those paralympics players wey no get any goal sense.
That last AFCON they won was one of the lowest standard i have ever seen.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by bizibrain(m): 11:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
obinoral: So basle should dream of winning the almighty champions league,hull city should dream of winning Epl.torino should dream of winning serie A, villarel should dream of winning the la liga, shooting stars should dream of winning the CAF champions league,niger should also dream of winning the Afcon since dream is cheap. Keshi dream should just be second round and at most quater finals BTW apart from ivory coast which good,organize,star studedded,discipline,tactical country have they played? They should just focus on their game and aim for quater finals. Dream is good but when it is not realistics it is bad. Italy match on my mind.
Dey played spain, with possesion of spain 54 nigeria 46 can u compare it with possesion of spain72% uruguay 28% in dat same turnament

Uruguay 46% Nigeria 54% during confederations cup
nw tell me if dere ar many other team more disciplined dat spain.

Dey suppose 2 beat uruguay but dey didnt because d strikers keshi took along 2 brazil 4got 2 take dere goal scoring brain along 2 brazil, it was defenders and mid-fielders(echjile, oduamadi and mikel) dat scored all d goals Nigeria scored.

Imagine mikel obi scoring against uruguay, c hw useless ujah,babatunde,gambo, ahmed musa, brown ideye ar.

Ideye av so many chances including 1v1 but dont no wat 2 do with d ball

Mba lost 1v1

Ahmed musa lost like 2 clean goal

Gambo lost clean goal against spain

If Emenike was in dat squad , am sure we would av qualified 4 semi-final.

Keshi can win dis world cup if he culd find good striker

Nigeria can beat germany since sunderland(bottom table) could beat manchester city and osuasuna(bottom table) could draw barka, so notin is impossible.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by obinoral(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2013
World cup is going to be a different ball game. And please stop using the feat the ghanians achieved as a benchmark for us and dnt go the ways of the nation cup because until we beat the best we cannot be the best, God is in germany,england,holland,spain,france,brazil,argentina,portugal and so on so please dnt drag our GOD into this, Just like the lion will tell God please just show me my prey and leave both of us to it.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2013
bizibrain: Abeg stop dreaming. I personally believe u ar gonna reach semi-final, but 2 lift d cup......Shey na spain u won beat or na germany or argentina.

Anyway its possible sha since portugal could lose 2 isreal.
why are u argueing with ur own self

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Hanihairy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
gen2briz: I guess they don pay this dude his salary
dis guy na badt guy..
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by obinoral(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2013
bizibrain: Dey played spain, with possesion of spain 54 nigeria 46 can u compare it with possesion of spain72% uruguay 28% in dat same turnament

Uruguay 46% Nigeria 54% during confederations cup
nw tell me if dere ar many other team more disciplined dat spain.

Dey suppose 2 beat uruguay but dey didnt because d strikers keshi took along 4got 2 take dere brain along 2 brazil, it was defenders and mid-fielder dat scored all d goals Nigeria scored.

Imagine mikel obi scoring against uruguay, c hw useless ujah,babatunde, ideye ar.

If Emenike was in dat squad , am sure we would av qualified 4 semi-final.
Team that are discipline, organize,tactical ok are italy,germany,holland,sweden,portugal,russia,brazil,argentina,england,usa,france. If we can beat all this team even without having the upper hand in possesion we are good to go.
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by ghananotnaija(m): 11:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
True, nothing is impossible. So it is entirely possible that Ethiopia prevents Nigeria from entering the World Cup in the first place. Well said, coach.

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Blackgold09(f): 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
atlwireles: If this happens next year, I will give all my tenants one year free rent. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
send me ur house address before dem play d match, so dat i go remove in before dat tym
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
God help my nation oh......
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
I think he meant Under 17

1 Like

Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by tmtech: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Uncle keshi is a wishful thinker
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Samunique(m): 11:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
suolboy: That's a big dream, but we can do it.
I join ur faith and Keshi's !

Has anybody noticed that the gap btwn African & Europian teams is very narrow now?
The only things Africa are lacking now are self believe and discipline.

Look at that Ghana team that whitewashed Egypt, a u telling me that team can not beat any top team on a good day?

Were it not for bad striking force in confedration cup naija would av defeated Uruguy & Spain.

So as far as football is concerned anything is possible.
Who would av thought Nigeria would win Olympic football event in 1996 ?
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Realrex(m): 11:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
Bigest joke of the century dude pray u no go meet spain or germany shocked
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by wogorparadise: 11:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
sCun: Who dash monkey banana? Wretched man.
da see beef, wetin keshi do besides say he has a dream? Joseph in egypt comes to mind
Re: Keshi – Nigeria Can Win The World Cup, Nothing Is Impossible by Samunique(m): 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
chx_e: this guy should quit dreaming. he has good players and would not invite them because of stupid reasons he keeps giving. how would you have a good striker and prefer to use england rejects and bench warmers.
in my opinion, this guy is collecting bribe.. if you dont pay, u dont play.
otherwise what are the likes of ameobi and brown doing there. while ike uche wont even get a call up.
Aboki, Zulugambari. Ur Mate dey Yobe dey farm jero and dawwa plus selling suya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Far Can Senegal Go Without Sadio Mane? / African History Maker, Asisat Oshoala Thrilled By Champions League Win / Mikel: I’m Ready To Help Retired Players

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.