Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Is Catholicism True Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Catholicism True Christianity? (600 Views)

Which Church Represents True Christianity / Malaysian Crown Prince Shocks Muslim World, As He Converts To Catholicism / Paganism And Catholicism: Sun Worship Symbols (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Catholicism True Christianity? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 14, 2013
Let me give you a background to my question.

I remember inviting a friend of mine to my church. And his response was "well, you know I'm catholic so... You know?" Almost like saying, "you know I'm muslim, so you know?". That got me thinking. Why can a catholic who calls himself christian not visit another church to worship upon an invitation?

I know the many doctrines that catholicism adheres to: talking about the virgin mary worship, purgatory, etc, that sets it apart from many if not every other christian denomination.

My questions then: 1. Are these many doctrines and teachings that catholics hold on to found in the bible? 2. If they aren't where do they come from? 3. If the teachings and doctrines (ast ouching the core of the christian faith and practice) are not bible based, can we still consider catholics as christians? 4. If the answer to the 4th question is in the negative, does it then mean that cathollics have joined the list of mission fields for the protestant|pentecostal|evangelical denominations?

I really would like us to discuss this.
Re: Is Catholicism True Christianity? by tunetokheyno(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2013
Dear Op, Everything Related to Open Religion and whatever we have today comes from the catholics, your church is either a breakaway or an offshoot of them, its very funny to see young churches, most of whom will not last 100 years asking about the faith of catholics, if there were no killed Catholics from roman time to whenever it stopped , religion would not have freedom, even the anglicans have played their part, and they broke away too. if you wanna take my advice take it, the best things for we pentecostal churches to do is to pray we outlive them!!
Re: Is Catholicism True Christianity? by Uchexxy(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2013
I cnt tel u what to believe my broda but i do know dat the catholic church is right wen it comes to der belief. and der is no rule dat says we cnt visit oder churches ooo, i knw i visit churches. God help us make heaven
Re: Is Catholicism True Christianity? by lacum: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
the reason y he refused may b dat he dont want to miss mass(mayb ur church time is conflicting with his) or corrupt his belief. we carholics cherish our belief so much.
as for me i have attended a penticostal event n i pray with them but i dont encourage catholics who are yet to stand on their faith in d church to go to any of their gathering, most especially these ones they call non denominational this or that, because they are ways penticostals deceive the low minded ones to reject their faith. except if there will b a priest to sat mass there n say d rosary as they do in catholic ministries.
Re: Is Catholicism True Christianity? by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
wordsbase:
That got me thinking. Why can a catholic who calls himself christian not visit another church to worship upon an invitation?
my dear, on a normal day i won't worship in a protestant church, dont get me wrong, i blive they are christian gathering but i certainly do not blive that they teach fully and wholly the christian faith without void. Then comes the part on criticisms and heresies. For these reasons i wont go to a protestant gathering unless i have very good reason to be there.
My questions then: 1. Are these many doctrines and teachings that catholics hold on to found in the bible?
to a large extent, yes.
2. If they aren't where do they come from? 3. If the teachings and doctrines (ast ouching the core of the christian faith and practice) are not bible based, can we still consider catholics as christians? 4. If the answer to the 4th question is in the negative, does it then mean that cathollics have joined the list of mission fields for the protestant|pentecostal|evangelical denominations?

I really would like us to discuss this.
to doubt that catholicism is christianity is like shooting urself on your foot, if catholicism isn't christianity then protestant, anglicans and evangelical aren't christian either becos they are all offshots of catholicism.

(1) (Reply)

Invitation To Noblefada - A Thread For Our D阿b啊t阿... / 15 Commands About The Body / Explain How You Understand John 3:16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.