Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:02 AM

Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally (43719 Views)

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! / Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by BabaEleko(m): 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Yesterday, the entire People’s Democratic Party appeared to descend on Anambra to push the gubernatorial candidate, Tony Nwoye into winning an election many pundits think he won’t. He has been involved in litigation over who is candidate for the pasty for the past few months – and has been late to the campaign trail.

Drunk on the wine of now-possible success, the PDP bigwigs at the event – including President Goodluck Jonathan – found it a bit difficult to control their tongues. We bring you some of the statements, thanks to Premium Times, that were so bad, they’re almost unbelievable

“50 per cent of the private jets in Nigeria are owned by Anambra people” – President Goodluck Jonathan

“I told Gov. Obi to hand over to this young man,” – PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur

“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014” – Senator Margaret Okadigbo

“If it is not Panadol it can never be like Panadol. This is a party that is deporting your sons and daughters and demolishing their shops” – Governor of Akwa Ibom, Godswill Akpabio said.

“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business” – Governorship candidate, Tony Nwoye

However, it was apparently PDP board of trustees member and billionaire chairman of Orient Petroleum that went on the most expansive roll:

Take 1: “For many years the orphans and widows in this state were neglected, until God brought Jonathan from a village in Otuoke. The same thing happened to Tony Nwoye, from a village called Nsugbe. They have no money,” Mr. Eze said.

Take 2: “That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.”

Take 3: “Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble houses everywhere.”

Take 4: “Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.”

And for good measure, he appears to be in tune with the life expectancy average in Nigeria under the leadership of his favourite president.

“”I’m 65 years,” Mr. Eze declared at the rally. “And I’ll die very soon.”

Let no one stand between an old man and his wishes.

Source: http://www.ynaija.com/ngige-joined-awolowos-people-who-killed-the-igbos-see-10-of-the-most-ridiculous-things-said-at-the-pdpanambra-rally-yesterday/

grin

12 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by BabaEleko(m): 2:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
These people talk as if they didn't even pass "common entrance" in primary school. I wonder how they got their Bscs and PhDs. The one wey pain me pass na Jonathan. I can't believe we made this man our president. That man won't make a councillor in a developed country.

90 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Most of the statements are reckless,divisive and laden with unbridled dosage of charlatanism!

Rather than do what is right to promote oneness amongst us,Arthur Eze wants to play a dubious one by saying Ngige went to join 'Awolowo people who killed Ndigbos'

What a pathetic statement from a man of his exposure!

83 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by gregg2: 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
@OP
The writer of this piece and you yourself are babies in politics.
Why not shelf your empty pride and learn politics from the masters of the game- the PDP?

20 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Gosj01(m): 2:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
very pathetic.... but why am i having this feelings that Ubah/labour party/ will win the Election?

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by MRWHINNIG: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Obiano all the way.

12 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by oluwashaddow(m): 2:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
u see y one Nigeria is not working and is not going to work except dis elite change their ways and allow love and peace,dey are d ones dat always ignite d fire

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
sagombugo: Most of the statements are reckless,divisive and laden with unbridled dosage of charlatanism!

Rather than do what is right to promote oneness amongst us,Arthur Eze wants to play a dubious one by saying Ngige went to join 'Awolowo people who killed Ndigbos'

What a pathetic statement from a man of his exposure!

Being rich and exposed doesn't translates to class, Arthur Eze obviously lack class.

29 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Italiano1: 2:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
Baba_Eleko: The one wey pain me pass na Jonathan. I can't believe we made this man our president.

I dont really know why you or anyone is surprised at such an utterance by this imbecilic president. In the last Presidential chat, Jonathan publicly stated that corruption is not a problem in Nigeria and its effects are largely exaggerated.

Jonamoron is an inept, daft and incompetent leader.

91 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
gregg2: @OP
Why not shelf your empty pride and learn politics from the masters of the game- the PDP?

Turning peoples lives into a game

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by MrAboki: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
HUH!!!
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business” – Governorship candidate, Tony Nwoye

Anything? Haba! shocked shocked shocked shocked
“Today we have for the first time in history, a candidate from Anambra North. I’m sure that the people of Anambra North will do anything to put their son, Comrade Tony Nwoye, into the Government House come 2014” – Senator Margaret Okadigbo

grin grin grin
Take 2: “That short man called Ngige, we gave him power and he went and joined Awolowo’s people; the people that killed the Igbos.”

Send EFCC after him then. Stop ranting and sue him for mismanagement of public funds. angry angry angry
Take 3: “Peter Obi, we gave him power, he did not conduct election for eight years. He was busy building mansions and marble

Now this I call madness. Does dead people change their lives? grin grin grin grin

Take 4: “Anambra people, let us change your lives while we are still alive.”
houses everywhere.”

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by ifeanyidavid: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
APGA all the way

OBIANO our next GOVERNOR

10 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
THEY'RE ALL THIEVES!!!

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Lilimax(f): 3:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
grin grin
Quite hilarious!
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by israel007: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
[size=18pt]Ok. It's called politics, f00l!

BTW most of the things said there are very true.

PS: anything against GEJ will always make FP on NL. There was a piece this morning about Buhari's unguided statement. That didn't make FP because the frog-eyed thing has a hand in it.
[/size]

35 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Stunned.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by AjaraEwuro: 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
i read over and over looking for the ridiculous statement but cant find one. Show us the context at which they were all spoken, maybe we can understand why the foam in the mouth.

11 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by takedat(m): 3:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
gregg2: OP
Why not shelf your ego and learn politics from the masters of the game- the PDP?
What have we learned from the 'masters of the game'?

-Diversionary and Damning campaign instead of an Issue-based campaign. It is devoid of sound ideological underpinning, policies and programmes .

-Politicization of ethnic identities.

-Shallow Politics. I cannot reconcile how the ownership of 50% of private jets in Nigeria, is in tandem with the aspirations of most Anambrarians.

-Hate speech from vile purveyors of falsehood and ethnic rabble-rousers, and ethnic panderers dispensing a heavy dosage of bigotry.

34 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by BrightCar: 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Baba_Eleko: The one wey pain me pass na Jonathan. I can't believe we made this man our president.
HANG YOURSELF NOW!! KIA!! KIA!!

25 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Raymondfayowole(m): 3:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by SamAfrik(m): 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
It seems Ngige is d man to beat in this contest. It saddens me when 'leaders' turn to reckless/divisive statements to score cheap political points.
I would have simply made up my mind to vote Ngige, unfortunately Im not from Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by LMAyedun(m): 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2013
Na Wah oh!!
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
This is height of political ignorance!
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Raymondfayowole(m): 3:11pm On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro: i read over and over looking for the ridiculous statement but cant find one. Show us the context at which they were all spoken, maybe we can understand why the foam in the mouth.

65 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by FoxyOsamadeen(m): 3:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kai... I watched the campaign stuff live on NTA(i) and heard all they said but the context that they were said is far different from what the OP wants us to believe. The Gov. Obi ish, that dude said he was using Anambra's people money build mansions and hotels all over the world.

See... OP, no allow me expose you and your bias journalism oo grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by esbjaygmailco(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
bunch of fools.......Eze said " i'm 65 yrs old and i will soon die" go to hell, senseless old man

3 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Djtm(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Omg! Sometimes I wish some threads should be made unavailable to foreign IPs. This is disgracing. I imagine what I would have felt if I saw this on a foreign forum. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Denlightened(m): 3:14pm On Nov 14, 2013
“Mr. President, kidnapping in Anambra is a lucrative business” what more can I say;only fools will vote such a party.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NEPA Office Agbani-Enugu, Using Generator? (Photo) / 40 Security Men Keep Sanusi Under Watch In Nasarawa / Oyegun Refuses To Endorse Ize-iyamu, Asks Edo People To Vote Their Conscience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.