Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally (43722 Views)

Anambra PDP Senators Sacked By Supreme Court / Dismissed Anambra PDP Senator Ekwunife Seeks Nomination From APC! / Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 11:54am On Nov 15, 2013
Eziachi: If many of you where around in the 60s and saw how dead bodies of Igbos lithered all over the streets of Nigeria especially in the North and stance the Yoruba took to not only fight along side the northerners but produce men like Adekunle as the North cunningly took the back stage. Murtala murdered more Igbos than Adekunle will ever Strang but how many young Igbos knew that? Was It because Murtala kept mute during and after the war? While Adekunle used his mouth more than he actually did and that what most Igbo remembered and passed that to the next Generation, hence sowing more Sees of hate. So I don't know why most you can't understand the animosity. It was more of a shock to an every Igbo man than anything else, that no matter your rivalry, you don't fight your own brother irrespective of your probably good reasons. Again, since after the war you will need to look hard to find Hausa talking about the war in public compared that to our Yoruba friends. Igbo and Yoruba are like England and Germany. They love to hate each other due to their rivalry and its not about to change until both side lives their separate lives, then this rivalry can becomes a healthy competition that will propel both nations to the pinnacle of development. The northerners knew this, hence they play them against each other to a near perfection. Many will be shocked how Igbo and Yoruba will get on, once Nigeria is broken, just like Russia and Ukraine.

Mazi Eziachi, how bodi?
Thank you for your contribution, of course comments like that of Adekunle were not only insensitive but callous however that does not mean all Yorubas think like him or support his actions.
Having said that I don't know of anything in history that make Yoruba and igbos to be like brothers, so can you expantiate on that. Also the fact that Yoruba decided to support Nigeria in the war was solely to protect Yoruba'a interest which I believe is the right thing to do. Yorubas have nothing to gain in supporting Ojukwu coupled with the fact that it was already becoming clear that our land will be turned to a war zone on a course that bear none of our interest.
At least Zik who is an igbo son also supported Nigeria so why are igbos passing this hatred for Yorubas from generation to generation?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Akanbiedu(m): 12:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
funnyx:

Mazi Eziachi, how bodi?
Thank you for your contribution, of course comments like that of Adekunle were not only insensitive but callous however that does not mean all Yorubas think like him or support his actions.
Having said that I don't know of anything in history that make Yoruba and igbos to be like brothers, so can you expantiate on that. Also the fact that Yoruba decided to support Nigeria in the war was solely to protect Yoruba'a interest which I believe is the right thing to do. Yorubas have nothing to gain in supporting Ojukwu coupled with the fact that it was already becoming clear that our land will be turned to a war zone on a course that bear none of our interest.
At least Zik who is an igbo son also supported Nigeria so why are igbos passing this hatred for Yorubas from generation to generation?

You see what I am saying. Why do you have to explain Yorubas position during war OVER and OVER? He just supplied the reason for Igbos seeing Yorubas as ultimate enemies BTW.

Eziachi: If many of you where around in the 60s and saw how dead bodies of Igbos lithered all over the streets of Nigeria especially in the North and stance the Yoruba took to not only fight along side the northerners but produce men like Adekunle as the North cunningly took the back stage. [size=15pt]Murtala murdered more Igbos than Adekunle will ever Strang but how many young Igbos knew that? Was It because Murtala kept mute during and after the war? While Adekunle used his mouth more than he actually did and that what most Igbo remembered and passed that to the next Generation, hence sowing more Sees of hate.[/size] So I don't know why most you can't understand the animosity. It was more of a shock to an every Igbo man than anything else, that no matter your rivalry, you don't fight your own brother irrespective of your probably good reasons. Again, since after the war you will need to look hard to find Hausa talking about the war in public compared that to our Yoruba friends. Igbo and Yoruba are like England and Germany. They love to hate each other due to their rivalry and its not about to change until both side lives their separate lives, then this rivalry can becomes a healthy competition that will propel both nations to the pinnacle of development. The northerners knew this, hence they play them against each other to a near perfection. Many will be shocked how Igbo and Yoruba will get on, once Nigeria is broken, just like Russia and Ukraine.

For once, put the typical Igbo in your shoes. If your relatives were killed in a war, do you seriously think you can approach the issue without emotional attachment?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Double post
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

You see what I am saying. Why do you have to explain Yorubas position during war OVER and OVER? He just supplied the reason for Igbos seeing Yorubas as ultimate enemies BTW.

For once, put the typical Igbo in your shoes. If your relatives were killed in a war, do you seriously think you can approach the issue without emotional attachment?

I agree with the quote in bold.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 12:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
At your age you deceive yourself. Ndo!
I did not know you knew my age. Anyway what the obsession with age?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 12:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
Demdem:

Papa, u surely gat jokes grin grin
Takes you this while to realise? grin grin grin grin
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Be mindful the way you mention the names of our traditional rulers. They are widely known. They are chancellors of renown universities. Igbo people don't have any well known traditional rulers.
Thats why I used their titles and not their first names. Am well brought up with some ethics.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
simpleseyi:

This is the part I love most.

This nonentity called Eze has many businesses in Yoruba land, has many Yoruba business and political partners, yet he does not want the poor Igbo masses to interact with Yorubas. He hates Yorubas so much, but he keeps shouting "One Nigeria"
I take It you weren't bothered with Akpabio own contribution to the pictures?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 1:02pm On Nov 15, 2013
funnyx:

Mazi Eziachi, how bodi?
Well, if you were around in 60s you may understand why that generation of Igbo and Yoruba like me were programmed to believe that they are brothers. If you believe they aren't, It makes no sense why you spilled blood and got yours spilled dragging Igbos back into Nigeria. With all this hate on both sides, It will never make any sense.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by simpleseyi: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Eziachi: I take It you weren't bothered with Akpabio own contribution to the pictures?

Akpabio has always been a street clown which is worse than the palace clown. Akpabio is Joathan's personal assistant, just as Nyesom Wike is imPatience Jonathan's bedroom assistant.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by nduchucks: 2:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Akanbi_edu:
For once, put the typical Igbo Igbo in your shoes. If your relatives were killed in a war, do you seriously think you can approach the issue without emotional attachment?

Akanbi_edu is a very reasonable and sensible poster, except when he misjudges ndu_chucks because of his preconceived notions and prejudices.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by simpleseyi: 2:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
funnyx:

Awo used igbo's money to fund free education undecided are you for real?

Yes, Awo used Igbo's money to fund free education while Ahmadu Bello and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa used their share to bring up a generation of Boko Haram just as Nnamdi Azikiwe used his own share to bring up a generation of kidnappers, pipeline vandals and drug-traffickers.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by nduchucks: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Eziachi: Well, if you were around in 60s you may understand why that generation of Igbo and Yoruba like me were programmed to believe that they are brothers.

Please be show clarity when you inform us about past conditions. I am sure you do not mean that you were programmed to believing that Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa people were brothers. The truth of the matter is that you people lived as brothers and sisters! No one programmed that.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by eggheaders(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
One_Naira:

You don't live in mars says the man I've witnessed arguing with multiple people mutiple times 24-7 on NL. Did you forget how you stayed hours on NL arguing with dozzybaba during the middle of the night in Nigeria. I sure as heck didn't because middle of the night in Nigeria is daytime here. Nwoke move and stop constantly trying to save face.
I've told you before and I'll say it again "spare me your fantasy, dream stories". I'm not one to pay mind to a wannabe. Why would anyone listen to any story from you afterall "you're a businessman that's on vacation" according to one of your old stories Who the f2k stays in a vacation past a year? Biko, spare me. Tell your stories to a person that haven't seen your region before and know what a sh1thole it is.
Yes, my region is not great either but it sure as he11 better than any area in the SW and everyone know the main reason my region hasn't reached it's potential is because the useless yoruba and northerner have been on our neck, like a bunch of vampires, drinking up all the wealth. If you weren't referring to my state or region and talking about SE then pls wait let me laugh. The said SE is outdoing una in almost everything till the point una started fabricating statistics just to compensate on una incompetence. Luckily, all those fabrication are being demolished day by day by Nigerian stats. We all know Sw rank last in everything important incomparison to the southern states, excluding una "so called" GDP. The said SE was completely demolished, all their cities reduced to rumbles during the war yet look at it now, each place rebuilt. where I'm from went through the same damn thing. Now Compare all that to a region that didn't even have one building torn down. I wonder why una region still look like a piece of dog sh1t. I stay wondering

I spent lots of time back then cause I just join and gat less things to do, now am kinda busy and kill the addiction with a handheld device. OK let me take down your epistle of jargons.

Igbos don't live in other southwest state, a prominent Igbo nairalander dispute it on this thread hope this cures your ignorance.
https://www.nairaland.com/1495738/igbos-only-migrate-lagos-sw

Secondly disputing the point your alaigbo is ruled by angels and look like Paradise on earth.
https://www.nairaland.com/1517651/aba-failed-city/1#19553618

And all your other childish ranting are just baseless contraptions. Will have like to school your blockhead further but am busy in the office right now. When am through with today's work, I will definitely be back to school this uncultured child.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Umaekpe: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Italiano1:

I dont really know why you or anyone is surprised at such an utterance by this imbecilic president. In the last Presidential chat, Jonathan publicly stated that corruption is not a problem in Nigeria and its effects are largely exaggerated.my frnd try to remember dat respect still on existence ok becos if u dnt respect ur president i dnt think dat u can respect ur father if u still have, imagine a dwarf fence calling himself a pole

Jonamoron is an inept, daft and incompetent leader.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2013
cKaiser:
Tony One Week has one thing over Ojukwu, He was able to win an election
Gaddemit.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by cKaiser: 3:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Akanbi_edu: The reason is simple, Yorubas are the only non-Igbo group in Nigeria that spend too much time arguing with Igbos. This is one of those things I wish I could change about Yorubas. I don't know what we stand to gain by defending or trying to change peoples mind. From my little experience in life, its one of those things that doesn't work. Igbos suffer from confirmation bias, they are only interested in confirming what they were told by their parents.

They abuse every other person, but you don't see people responding to them. In fact, the Hausa-fulani is the most abused people in Nigeria but they don't even appear bothered. Thats self-assurance if you asked me.

Let Yorubas drop the idea that they can win debates/arguments based on prejudices.

#Agbalagba se nu kodoro,

I wun nma se wa ninu mi.

agbalagba se nu kodoro#

Act, stop talking.

Akanbi

Why I dont agree with you is this. A lot of neutrals who dont know anything about these would believe the Ibo propaganda machine if they go unchallenged. With the zeal the Ibos propagate this from Achebe to Chimamanda to Arthur Eze even to the common roadside seller. A lie often told unchallenged would replace the truth

Assuming you are a neutral non Nigerians and you go to read and all you find out is that One side is bad and one side is good. Before you know it you would take that as the default position. Thats why winners of war write history to favour them

[b]I have met some people who would discuss the Biafra war as "The Hausa moslem war against the Ibo Xtians because of their difference in faith"

I now told a few the story and encouraged them to read from the beginning especially starting from the Jan 15 1966 coup. Most of them after reading usually either change their opinion or end up speechless from how their previous opinions were shaped by propaganda

E.g like few months ago a poster came here claimed to be African American and was rantin about how the Ibos were killed during the war. He was given an example by a poster cant remember who that since he is American if some ppl decide Congress and Senate are corrupt and the problems of Americans and they killed the leaders but after the putsch you find out it was only Black leaders that were killed and all whites spared, What would be his reaction to that.

In response he said all blacks including him would carry arms and revenge. He was told that was the position of Nigeria in 1966. He couldnt say anything again apart from "That is messed up"

He left here with a different view and mindset from what he brought in[/b]

If you leave all these unchallenged your own grandchildren would read their lies and believe it.

On this thread few pages back Someone claimed Awolowo killed Ibos so as to use their money to fund free education. Imagine that!! when Free education was an Action Group initiative in the western region between 1950-1966 after 1966 there was nothing like Action Group again and by 1966 Military were in power till 1979.

1 Like

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
cKaiser:

Akanbi

Why I dont agree with you is this. A lot of neutrals who dont know anything about these would believe the Ibo propaganda machine if they go unchallenged. With the zeal the Ibos propagate this from Achebe to Chimamanda to Arthur Eze even to the common roadside seller. A lie often told unchallenged would replace the truth

Assuming you are a neutral non Nigerians and you go to read and all you find out is that One side is bad and one side is good. Before you know it you would take that as the default position. Thats why winners of war write history to favour them

[b]I have met some people who would discuss the Biafra war as "The Hausa moslem war against the Ibo Xtians because of their difference in faith"

I now told a few the story and encouraged them to read from the beginning especially starting from the Jan 15 1966 coup. Most of them after reading usually either change their opinion or end up speechless from how their previous opinions were shaped by propaganda

E.g like few months ago a poster came here claimed to be African American and was rantin about how the Ibos were killed during the war. He was given an example by a poster cant remember who that since he is American if some ppl decide Congress and Senate are corrupt and the problems of Americans and they killed the leaders but after the putsch you find out it was only Black leaders that were killed and all whites spared, What would be his reaction to that.

In response he said all blacks including him would carry arms and revenge. He was told that was the position of Nigeria in 1966. He couldnt say anything again apart from "That is messed up"

If you leave all these unchallenged your own grandchildren would read their lies and believe it.

On this thread few pages back Someone claimed Awolowo killed Ibos so as to use their money to fund free education. Imagine that!! when Free education was an Action Group initiative in the western region between 1950-1966 after 1966 there was nothing like Action Group again and by 1966 Military were in power till 1979.

Thank you Bro, if lies goes unchallenged for a long time it becomes accepted as the truth.
I was taken aback by the ridiculous claim that Awo used igbo money to finance free education, imagine if lies like that is allowed to go unchallenged.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by eggheaders(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
cKaiser:

Akanbi

Egbon +10000000000000000 likes...
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by pobosky20(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
Italiano1:

I dont really know why you or anyone is surprised at such an utterance by this imbecilic president. In the last Presidential chat, Jonathan publicly stated that corruption is not a problem in Nigeria and its effects are largely exaggerated.

Jonamoron is an inept, daft and incompetent leader.

you better show some respect to d president!! If u want positive changes come 2015,vote in a credible person and stop collecting Indomie in exchange for a vote.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
funnyx:

Thank you Bro, if lies goes unchallenged for a long time it becomes accepted as the truth.
I was taken aback by the ridiculous claim that Awo used igbo money to finance free education, imagine if lies like that is allowed to go unchallenged.

How can that be possible, the civil war started in 1966 and ended in 1970 or there about. My father was born in the early 40s and enjoyed free education of Awolowo in the 50s, how can he now use funds from the civil war to finance his free education programme?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Italiano1: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
pobosky20:

you better show some respect to d president!! If u want positive changes come 2015,vote in a credible person and stop collecting Indomie in exchange for a vote.

I would not respect a dunce and daft nincompoop like Retardeen, who is fortunate to be in power by accident. It is time you face reality that GEJ is a failure instead you to be posting with an empty stomach.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by funnyx(m): 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

How can that be possible, the civil war started in 1966 and ended in 1970 or there about. My father was born in the early 40s and enjoyed free education of Awolowo in the 50s, how can he now use funds from the civil war to finance his free education programme?

grin grin grin grin grin but some revisionist with their propaganda can easily convince lazy and naive readers.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Apparently, you haven't heard of time travel.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by cKaiser: 4:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Add that to the fact the Awolowo was in jail between 1963 to 1967.

So in essence Awolowo between 1950-1962 was using money he would later seize from Ibos in 1970 to fund Free education 2 decades earlier

Dont worry if it doesnt make sense, Its simply Ibo logic

2 Likes

Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Please be show clarity when you inform us about past conditions. I am sure you do not mean that you were programmed to believing that Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa people were brothers. The truth of the matter is that you people lived as brothers and sisters! No one programmed that.
I cannot remember including Hausa in that equation. When you are taught in school a certain political correct things but reality taught you other wise later, in that case we were programmed by the system. Every society to so extent are programmed by culture, society and lately Social Media.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Eziachi: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
It will be nice to know how many Odua citizens travelled with Jonathan to Anambra? Where was the likes of Okupe and Abati, when their people are supposed to be insulted? Why haven't they taken offence and resign in Protest?
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by dofoborhskyco: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
AjaraEwuro: i read over and over looking for the ridiculous statement but cant find one. Show us the context at which they were all spoken, maybe we can understand why the foam in the mouth.
I agree with you on context point but sorry, some of these statements are way out of order, divisive, provocative and helps no just cause but fosters division. Presently, what benefit is the statement killing Igbos got to do with a local election, Igbos voting for fellow Igbo men. Is B Tukur or Jonathan Igbo, both are the main leaders of the PDP. That statement and some others are totally wrong politics or not.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Oketwin(m): 6:05pm On Nov 15, 2013
Baba_Eleko: These people talk as if they didn't even pass "common entrance" in primary school. I wonder how they got their Bscs and PhDs. The one wey pain me pass na Jonathan. I can't believe we made this man our president. That man won't make a councillor in a developed country.
i dey laff in indiana jones tone wetin u nr hear u say u hear am amebo u go tire
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by guiddoti: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Political abberation! Peoples' demonlogy practice. grin 'phydiphy' frustated people. Can they win? Anambrans are doing it tomorrow for Ngige. All powers have been to Ngige to dominate all serpents and scorpions in the polls. No shaki!
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by Pukkah: 4:08pm On Dec 12, 2013
Pukkah:

A man that blamed other countries for the massive and unprecedented oil theft in Nigeria.

A man that said he was 'weak' when he realized Babangida was interested in contesting for the President under PDP.

A man that consulted IBB for advice when he was the Deputy Governor.

A man that paid the pension of old, retired British colonialists.

A man that pardoned a convicted treasury looter and thief.

A man that absolved a terrorist, bomb-throwing group without any form of investigation.

A man that travels all over the place with large and bloated contingents.

A man that's shielding a Minister that has been indicted by the House of Reps.

A man who blames everybody except himself for everything that's wrong.

A man who promised to unite Nigeria but under whose tenure Nigeria has become most divided and clannish.

We warned then but we were ignored.

With Obasanjo's letter, are the chickens not coming home to roost? Some of the paid agents even abused us.

Still watching.
Re: Ridiculous Statements Made At Anambra PDP rally by reborn1: 8:42am On Mar 15, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

NEPA Office Agbani-Enugu, Using Generator? (Photo) / Hope Uzodinma's Twin Daughters Wed In Abuja (Photos) / IPOB Asylum: What UK Said About IPOB, MASSOB, ESN, Oyigbo, Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.