Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar (10793 Views)

Super Eagles Arrive In Ethiopia (Pictures) / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 / Super Eagles Arrive In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by haibe(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
Head coach of Ethiopia’s football team, Sewnet Bishaw is in a confident mood ahead of Saturday’s 2014 Fifa World Cup playoff against Nigeria.

Bishaw spoke exclusively to supersport.com as the Ethiopian contingent landed in Calabar on Thursday afternoon.

The coach discussed Saturday’s game extensively and spoke of his respect for the African champions.

“Nigeria are the African champions and deserve our respect. They won the first leg at our ground so we know we must win to go to the World Cup. We want to go to Brazil,” he said.

The Ethiopians who arrived at the Magareth Ekpo airport on Thursday afternoon then checked into the Channel view Hotel in Calabar.

Ethiopia must score at least twice to qualify for the World Cup in Brazil next year and Bishaw believes the task is achievable.

“Nigeria are very strong at home but in football, anything can happen. We will give it our best and see what happens,” he said.

Ethiopia has only beaten Nigeria once in eight meetings at senior level.
Source:
www.supersport.com/football/super-eagles/news/131114/Bishaw_confident_in_Calabar

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by holarmzie: 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Them go take......

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by talk2me006(m): 9:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
he has known already that they will lose.
He just want to boost the confidence of his boys.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by patriotic007: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
please i hope they came with a basket because will fill it with goals for them,..hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by abelmovic1: 9:32pm On Nov 14, 2013
Na on 16 he go knw say eagles dey make person loose confidence
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by hotkaycee(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Confident my ASS

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by Leelfeez: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its nt possible for them to beat us....nd by d way front page tinz #dancin skelewu
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by premlove(m): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Hahahahaha coach better to withdraw than to be disgrace i will be surprise if nigeria win 5 zero
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by abelmovic1: 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2013
Pls na who get kuli I wan soak garri
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by ichommy(m): 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
holarmzie: Them go take......

Not only take, then go collect self, this coach sha, he will have something to say.
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by LeftRebel(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Abeg who get Nokia pin mouth charger?
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by windows8: 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eagles should not write them off, there are no small teams anymore. A one nil victory will do the damage to us but am sure our boys are up to the task.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by kingarizona(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eyaah!! His so confident that they'll lose again

Team_Ethopia, please jus get ready to go home with KOKO, coz Akpan, Ibong, isong, Comfort, ekiete, edet and even Okon has prepared stone "way dem go use break una head" as u guys did to Nigeria bus after the victory

Like Guinness will say...

Now that's GREATNESS cheesycheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by iluvweed(m): 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
NIGERIA MUST NOT QUALIFY.............. undecided undecided undecided

Been supporting Nigeria since pry 6 and I have not gained N1 from football or any match Nigeria Wins..... undecided undecided undecided

Very Stingy Country..... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by sgd: 9:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Click like if you know Nigeria will win

3 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by tommyrondo: 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Bishaw abi na besure .bishaw of victory. Naija1 ethiopia 4. (3-5) aggr.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by haibe(m): 9:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Leelfeez: Its nt possible for them to beat us....nd by d way front page tinz #dancin skelewu

Anything truly can happen in football, the eagles shouldn't underate this ethiopian team seeing how they shocked us with their style of play in the first leg.

Although I believe we will qualify, rio de Janeiro here we come cheesygrin

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by Emmysteve(m): 9:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Noise maker
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by nerodenero: 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
Power of away goals.The Ethiopian coach doesn't sound as confident as before the first leg.Eagles need to kill this match completely with a resounding victory.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by olanre12(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2013
they want to try their best at least..

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by slimthugchimee(m): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
We shall win and b4 i forget make we throw stones at them as they threw stones on us
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by stano2(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
he didn't boast this time around as he did around....right now Nigerians aare the ones boasting, i pray it goes well
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
After the match, After God Has Favoured Nigeria, This is gonna be the look on his face:

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by haibe(m): 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
slimthugchimee: We shall win and b4 i forget make we throw stones at them as they threw stones on us

lol abeg let's just leave them so after winning them fifa won't ban us. let their trashing be our revenge, it will be more painful.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by Polio: 9:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Its not a big deal to be confident. It is good cheesy
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by REMMEI(m): 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
NA THAT CONFIDENT GO KILL AM.
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by tonididdy(m): 9:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
coachee welcome to carabar

Akpos Shop open for business!!!!!
Exclusive Xmas sales
Tokunbo chicken... Buy 1 and get 1
free10,500
London use chicken N10,200
UK use white chicken N9,200
Stolen Fowl N 750
Blind chicken N400
Deaf and dumb ( can't crow )280
pregnant cock with hunchback N1999
virgin broiler N2500
china pinging chicken with 3eggs N2199.50k
Cripple hen ( can't walk ) N250
Black fowl N200
Contact me if u need any.
What are friends
for..... We deliver to ur door step. Cost on
delivery applied

4 Likes

Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by dasparrow: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Post

How will the ethiopians like it if we stone their players after the football match like they did our players? Revenge is best served cold goes the saying. Anyways, I wish the Eagles best of luck.
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by Valto(m): 10:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ethiopia coming to nigeria is just a mere formality.. They will be throughly wiped by the super eagles..
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by IYANGBALI: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
holarmzie: Them go take......
won a gba
Re: Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar by IYANGBALI: 10:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
Valto: Ethiopia coming to nigeria is just a mere formality.. They will be throughly wiped by the super eagles..
they have come for site seeing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ballon D'or 2021: Who Goes Home With The Award Tonight? / Brentford Sign Christian Eriksen Just 7 Months After Suffering A Cardiac Arrest / Odegbami: Will The World End If Rohr Is Sacked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.