Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,847 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:45 AM

ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) (6690 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Governor Lamido Appeals To ASUU To End Strike / ASUU Strike Update: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum To End Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Jimiyke(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2013
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) will be holding their re-scheduled meeting tomorrow, November 16, 2013 in Kano.

ASUU's National Executive council (NEC) members have assured Nigerians that the strike will be called off within the nest 7 working days.

The ASUU meeting was called off following the death of Dr Iyayi on his way to the Kano meeting, when the vehicle that he was travelling with, collides with the convoy of Kogi state governor.
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Excelboi(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2013
Op, how sure are you with is news?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by dimexilux(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
dt source self no geniue....hmmm
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Okay, we dey wait!
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by willyray(m): 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
we shall see undecided

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Ndoye: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
Excelboi: Op, how sure are you with is news?
willy_ray: we shall see undecided

God in heaven will touch them.

[img]http:///ogPF/.jpg[/img][img]http:///ogPN/.jpg[/img]
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by premlove(m): 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Just see the effect of strike, op next or nest
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Knownpal(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
Kano Again??
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by ignis: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Why not immediate? Why must it be within next 7 working days?
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Every Nigerian students i think there is hope for us all, to resume next week, i just checked ASUU's twitter page and they confirmed the nec meeting will hold on saturday and the strike might be called of on saturday or sunday, joy has filled my heart, just open your twitter page and search for ASUU Nigeria to confirm what i am saying.https://mobile.twitter.com/ASUU_NIGERIA?p=s

1 Like

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Unblockable: 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Students dust your back because ASUU will either call off the strike during the meeting tomorrow, or it would be announced on early Sunday morning. So automatically, Students would be going to school on Monday

www.twitter.com/ASUU_NIGERIA
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Ayima: 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
That ASUU twitter account is fake.You people believe too much.
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Phemmy99(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2013
LogoDWhiz: Every Nigerian students i think there is hope for us all, to resume next week, i just checked ASUU's twitter page and they confirmed the nec meeting will hold on saturday and the strike might be called of on saturday or sunday, joy has filled my heart, just open your twitter page and search for ASUU Nigeria to confirm what i am saying.https://mobile.twitter.com/ASUU_NIGERIA?p=s
i just heard that ASUU does not have a twitter account..
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Adolak(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
No twitter handler, no facebook page, no website. Haba! ASUU, which way now??
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
Phemmy99: i just heard that ASUU does not have a twitter account..
why don't u check it out and see for yourself.... Seen is believing...
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Phemmy99(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
LogoDWhiz: why don't u check it out and see for yourself.... Seen is believing...
its a fake one..
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by stano2(m): 3:58pm On Nov 15, 2013
check out there site ASUU-ng.org/
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by sapienman(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Phemmy99: i just heard that ASUU does not have a twitter account..

From whom did you HEAR that.
Can you not SEE?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lmaoo!! You people believe too much. ASUU does not have either a facebook page or a twitter account. They are too old fashioned for that. The only thing they have is a website.

Think about it, it is not logical for the meeting to hold tomorrow. Their other members that had accidents are still recuperating in UBTH. You think they will hold NEC without those people?.

IMHO, NEC could still be this month, but definitely not tomorrow. ASUU would want the dust to settle first. Though I really want to resume too, but that is the fact.
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by abfan(m): 4:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
oluafolabi: Lmaoo!! You people believe too much. ASUU does not have either a facebook page or a twitter account. They are too old fashioned for that. The only thing they have is a website.

Think about it, it is not logical for the meeting to hold tomorrow. Their other members that had accidents are still recuperating in UBTH. You think they will hold NEC without those people?.

IMHO, NEC could still be this month, but definitely not tomorrow. ASUU would want the dust to settle first. Though I really want to resume too, but that is the fact.
you sound like you are running away from school
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Sodiq3(m): 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
oluafolabi: Lmaoo!! You people believe too much. ASUU does not have either a facebook page or a twitter account. They are too old fashioned for that. The only thing they have is a website.

search 4 ASUU on fcbuk nd gv me d feedback
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sodiq3:
search 4 ASUU on fcbuk nd gv me d feedback

*sigh* you still don't get it. Anybody can create any page on fb. Do you know how many fake pages Tonto Dike and co have on facebook?

The only thing ASUU has is a website, which they haven't even updated since the beginning of the strike.
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
abfan: you sound like you are running away from school

I doubt if you love school as much as I do. But there is such a thing as 'facing reality'.. Sounds familiar?
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by captainobvious: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
Crap!

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by hajy500(m): 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
Not S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ sure it holding today again  mean D̶̲̥̅̊ meeting
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by ifeanyija(m): 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
www.channelstv.com/home/2013/11/15/ASUU-may-end-strike-on-saturday/

ASUU May End Strike On Saturday
Posted by: Channels Television Posted date:
November 15, 2013 In: Headlines, Local |
comment : 0 Comments

There are indications that the Academic Staff Union of
Universities (ASUU) in Nigeria may end its four-
month old strike on Saturday, November 16.
About 120 chapters of the union have voted in
support of the decision to end the strike at their
various congresses held in their institutions.
However, the National Executive of the body has
not ratified the decision to end the strike.
A Pro-Chancellor of the University of Benin,
Senator Effiong Bob, urged ASUU to end the
strike in honour of Late Fetus Iyayi, a former
president of the union.
Senator Bob, who was at the residence of the
late professor pointed out that Late Iyayi died
while trying to resolve the issue.
“ASUU Should call of the strike so that both the
union members and students can come and give
him the last respect he deserves during his
funeral,” he said.
Late Iyayi died on Tuesday, November 12, in an
auto crash on his way to Kano for a meeting of
the union.
In a meeting with the leadership of the union,
President Goodluck Jonathan had agreed to
provide 1.1 trillion Naira (about 6.9 billion
dollars) in the next five years and the balance of
62 billion Naira (about 390 million dollars) and
allowance to each university.
The union had embarked on a nationwide strike
on July 1 suspending all academic activities.

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Unblockable: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
So shall the strike be called-off
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by ifeanyija(m): 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
See

1 Like

Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Kyase(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
Another one wan die again
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by Kyase(m): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
Another one wan die again
who is next?
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by dwayneb: 10:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
Jes saw it on channels tv..meetings gonn hold!
Re: ASUU Meets Tomorrow To End Strike (Unconfirmed) by infoscope(m): 10:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Get updates from the meeting here
www.facebook.com/nigeriannewsportal

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Project Topics On Science Education / 30 Possible Questions In INDEPENDENCE / Unijos Post Ume Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.