Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live (160901 Views)

Final Result For Abia State Governorship Election. INEC DECLARE PDP WINNER / Governorship Election: INEC Releases Press Statement / Charles Eruka Reporting Live In Rivers Amidst Gunshot (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by profvic3: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2013
*grabs bilot box nd runs into ngige's room,an riggin begins*up apc*up ngige.up anambrians
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by jbaur24: 9:07am On Nov 16, 2013
Date of Birth: 08/07/1952
Place of Birth: Alor, Idemili South

Education: University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

Career: Medical Officer, National Assembly Clinic, 1980-82; Physician to the Senate, 1983; Physician of Senate House/Federal Government Special Guest House, 1985-93; Consultant in charge, Federal Government State Clinic, the Presidency, Abuja, 1992-93; Consultant and Assistant Director, Federal Medical Centre, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja, 1997-98; Governor, Anambra State, 2003-06.

Commentary: Ngige's governorship of Anambra State, in the Igbo dominated South East, was marred by a dispute with his political 'godfather' Chris Uba. In 2003, Uba’s political leverage was such that he could openly brag that he had rigged every election in the state, including that of Ngige. Ngige, he said, had agreed to hand him de facto control of the government, but reneged on the deal. Uba kidnapped him, forced him to ‘resign’ at gunpoint and attacked and destroyed part of Government House. Uba denied any direct involvement in the violence and claimed that all he did was implement the terms of his written contract with the Governor. It entitled him to ‘exact vengeance in such manner adjudged by him as fitting and adequate’, should the Governor fail to hand over control.

In 2006, Ngige was replaced by Peter Obi. He remains active in Anambra politics and was an Action Congress candidate for the February 2010 state elections.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Kingsley1000(m): 9:08am On Nov 16, 2013
tha_originator: If NGIGE no win today nahin be say vote-riggers don do their job na.. #TeamAPC #NGIGE
Victory is ours....sharpen ur matchet as we kill the FOWL today
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Unblockable: 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Anambrarians feel free to cast your vote for whoever you want. The security personnels maight want to harass you, but tell them, NO WAY
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Realdon1(m): 9:09am On Nov 16, 2013
Update via NAUG.I pity u guys that ar entized with money or name of party. Go and gv him ur vote, after he wil mount police to chase u away wen u ar lookng fr job. Afta u youth wil b strolling on d street in search of jobs bcs all of u sold ur mandates with mony and fake promises by devilish politicians. I pity nigerian youth. We wl continue ds campaign until youth ar wise and unite. Report frm national association of unemployed youth.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by profvic3: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24: I have mobilized myself, my wife and our 2 years old son for voting ASAP.. cheesy

Even my mom visited me yesterday, we are all going out any moment from now to vote APGA into office..

Dr. Obiano will win..
oga only ur family no go fit vote in obaino.na ngige get am.d man 2 smart.wait n c
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by bishop4APC: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2013
lepashandi:

So JJ Okocha is a failure? LOL. You cant even walk where he s..hits, yet you call him a failure.
if okocha is successful, what is he looking for in politics? Did u ever see his football mate flocking around politicians? He's a complete failure.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Kingsley1000(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24: Date of Birth: 08/07/1952

Career: Medical Officer, National Assembly Clinic, 1980-82; Physician to the Senate, 1983; Physician of Senate House/Federal Government Special Guest House, 1985-93; Consultant in charge, Federal Government State Clinic, the Presidency, Abuja, 1992-93; Consultant and Assistant Director, Federal Medical Centre, Federal Ministry of Health, Abuja, 1997-98; Governor, Anambra State, 2003-06.

Commentary: Ngige's governorship of Anambra State, in the Igbo dominated South East, was marred by a dispute with his political 'godfather' Chris Uba. In 2003, Uba’s political leverage was such that he could openly brag that he had rigged every election in the state, including that of Ngige. Ngige, he said, had agreed to hand him de facto control of the government, but reneged on the deal. Uba kidnapped him, forced him to ‘resign’ at gunpoint and attacked and destroyed part of Government House. Uba denied any direct involvement in the violence and claimed that all he did was implement the terms of his written contract with the Governor. It entitled him to ‘exact vengeance in such manner adjudged by him as fitting and adequate’, should the Governor fail to hand over control.

In 2006, Ngige was replaced by Peter Obi. He remains active in Anambra politics and was an Action Congress candidate for the February 2010 state elections.

...HE'S AN EPITOME OF EXCELLENCE...UNDISPUTABLE OF THE PEOPLE TO TRANSFERFORM ANAMBRA STATE..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Btruth: 9:11am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24: Uba once played for the national team..

Story! Story!!, Make people shine their eyes well well today. No follow fraudsters oooo! Remeber the story of Kapita oil vs Maduka oooo, a word they say is enough oooo. Me I don talk my own oooo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by blink6(m): 9:11am On Nov 16, 2013
please o!, vote for who will better Anambra, not who is in the "igbo party(apga)" or who is; "he is from my village/place" or someone that gave more money during the campaign, or a political armed robber/419/crook/yahoo man/kidnapper. it one Anambra... VOTE WISELY.

Anambra g'adimma!!!
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by guonno: 9:12am On Nov 16, 2013
Chino.Elect:
From what am seeing already, I have no doubt that APGA will win today..

Our Igwe in council just mobilized the youths, men, and women this early morning and hinted them that the party we are going to vote is APGA and there was great endorsement from the huge crowd
I just dey look them other ethnic group that does not want our progress dey laugh. APGA will win even in the next election. Nonsense.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by alfredo4u(m): 9:12am On Nov 16, 2013
I'm hungry ohhhhh

Yawning for the winner

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by jbaur24: 9:13am On Nov 16, 2013
Comments on this thread is strictly for the people on the ground. If you are not on the ground 'just watch only'.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by justhelp(m): 9:13am On Nov 16, 2013
Thank God this is weekend if you want eat chicken with NGIGE tonight with sign of victory. Click like

8 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by NaijaNaWaa: 9:14am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24:

Commentary: Ngige's governorship of Anambra State, in the Igbo dominated South East,...

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by jbaur24: 9:15am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24:
PROFILE SUMMARY

Chief (Dr.) Willie Obiano, a distinguished banker and technocrat, is a seasoned and proven public policy leader on economic development, financial accountability and human resource development in Anambra State and Nigeria. WMO leads with the combination of hard work, clarity, team spirit and integrity.
Chief Obiano is married to Chief Mrs. E V Obiano with a beautiful daughter and a young son.
Professional Experience
Chief Obiano started his banking career as Officer in First Bank in 1981 from where he moved to Texaco Nigeria Plc as a lead Accountant specializing inBunkering, Lube-blending and Refinery Audits. He was promoted 4 times in his eight-and-half-year-service at Texaco to become Chief Internal Auditor. Chief (Dr.) Willie Obiano was part of the team that audited Texaco Refinery in Rotterdam, Netherlands in 1989.

He joined Fidelity Bank from Texaco in 1991 as Deputy Manager and head of Audit. He was promoted Manager in 1991, Assistant General Manager in 1993, Deputy General Manager in 2000 and General Manager in 2002 and Executive Director in October, 2003. Between 1991 and 2002, he headed many key Groups and Divisions, at one point or another.

As Executive Director of the Mega Fidelity Bank (and No. 2 man), Chief Obiano was in charge of Business Banking (Corporate Banking, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Treasury, (Naira and Foreign Exchange, Oil & Gas, Telecom & Food and Beverages, Transport and Aviation). All the Regional Managers of the bank reported through him to the MD/CEO.

Over the course of his successful career in Texaco and Fidelity Bank, He attended numerous banking and Ma.

Educational Profile
Chief Obiano was John F. Kennedy Essay Winner 1974 at CKC-Onitsha and holds a national Merit Certificate for outstanding service during his NYSC (National Youth Service Corps) in Benue State, Nigeria in the 1979/80 Service Year.

He holds a B.Sc. Second Class Upper in Accounting from University of Lagos (1979) and an MBA in Marketing also from the same university 1993. He is a Fellow (FCA) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).

Honours, Awards and Commendations
USAfrica Best of Africa Distinguished Banker Of The Year 2012 Award

Patron, Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of (Lagos Mainland)

President, AMP8 (Advance Management Programme) of Lagos Business School for Ten years running

Member, 2006 BNV (Building New Ventures), Harvard University, USA

CLASS member, Harvard Business School, Boston USA and Stanford University

John F. Kennedy essay awards 1976 – Second place winner

Merit Award NYSC: Best Youth Corper Award By (National Award)

Chief Obiano is also Patron of the following Groups:
St. Anthony of Padua, Catholic Artistes and Entertainers Association of Nigeria, Catholic Women Association, Aguleri, Priests and Rev. Sisters of Aguleri Origin, Missionary of St. Paul’s Society, Catholic Women’s Organization, Our Lady Queen of Peace, Ifako, Gbagada, National Youth Council of Nigeria, Anambra East Chapter, Catholic Laity Council of Nigeria, Onitsha Archdiocese, Grand Pillar ST Gerald Catholic Church, Grand Pillar, Catholic Media Division.
Community Participation
Aguleri conferred on Chief Obiano and his wife in 2000, separate chieftaincy titles for distinguished and selfless service to their community.
For over ten years, he generously donated funds to organizations, institutions and persons in Anambra and Nigeria as a whole for positive social developement .
Donated food items, blankets, medical supplies, etc. worth millions of naira to 3 (three) camps set up by Anambra State Government for flood victims last year

The most intimidating profile I have seen in the recent time..

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by onyeokwu: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2013
a message from APC to all Igbos and their Agenda if Ngige win this election

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2013
According to Channels, the accreditation has begun and it's going on peacefully.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2013
this forum is for Anambrarians and reporters! haters get lost! u all re just bed bugs in my bed! As of Now, theres no harrassment and everything is moving fine! No movement as said except if u have ur voters card. God willing, all is fine!
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by jessywake(f): 9:16am On Nov 16, 2013
hello Great Anambrarians do not sell your rights for money but rather for the betterment of the state at large lets vote APC all d way, he is a wise man and a wise choice. APC..........CHANGE *Onwa ga eti Ozo na Anambra!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by bishop4APC: 9:16am On Nov 16, 2013
Realdon1: Update via NAUG.I pity u guys that ar entized with money or name of party. Go and gv him ur vote, after he wil mount police to chase u away wen u ar lookng fr job. Afta u youth wil b strolling on d street in search of jobs bcs all of u sold ur mandates with mony and fake promises by devilish politicians. I pity nigerian youth. We wl continue ds campaign until youth ar wise and unite. Report frm national association of unemployed youth.
ShuuuU! U got no job but u are on every social site, guess ur a social worker?

Anyways, blame it on the shoeless and clueless u voted to power some years ago.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Ad4(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2013
We the Igbos should maintain our brand which is APGA.We should believe in APGA,pray for APGA,develop APGA and package APGA to the rest of Nigeria.Let us don't allow a foreigner or foreigners to tell us how to run our own state with their head quarters at bourdelon Road,Ikoyi.
Go and vote for APGA,if APGA has its short comings deal with it.
Why should APC win a seat in Igbo land when we can not win a stool in their tribalistic infested land.
GO AND VOTE APGA!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:17am On Nov 16, 2013
Make we see

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by rozayx5(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
profvic3: *grabs bilot box nd runs into ngige's :Droom,an riggin begins*up apc*up ngige.up anambrians
grin grin
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by elleven45(m): 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
And who are you again?
jbaur24: Comments on this thread is strictly for the people on the ground. If you are not on the ground 'just watch only'.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by thaoriginator: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2013
Kingsley1000: Victory is ours....sharpen ur matchet as we kill the FOWL today
infact na double edged samurai sword I carry... Let's go and be head the agric FOWL!
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2013
[/b][b] I DON WARM UP FINISH ABT TO ENTA POLLIN CENTER BT...IS LIKE I LEFT MY VOTERS CARD AT LAGOS....NOT ONLY DAT.....EVEN IF I HAV IT.....AM CONFUSED ON WHOM TO VOTE FOR
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:20am On Nov 16, 2013
Donjonas: APGA OR PDP ALL D WAY.
ethnic bigot.smh
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by missyparis: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
#Team ifeanyi ubah cheesy
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by oduason: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
excell12go: I'm a typical Yoruba dude bt I pray dez APC(Amalgamation of Politiical Criminals) don't have their way. They are worse than both PDP and APGA summed. Ngige is a good man. But he got it all wrong when he formed an alliance with the wrong people.
You are a typical yoruba dude and you typed this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by Btruth: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
jbaur24: Date of Birth: 08/07/1952

Amambra please wake up oooo. It's time to wise up. Read your history and don't allow any group of thugs to rule you again! Choose wisely today ooooo.
Re: Anambra Election: Inec Citizens Contact Centre: Reporting Live by edababa007(m): 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
Chino.Elect:
From what am seeing already, I have no doubt that APGA will win today..

Our Igwe in council just mobilized the youths, men, and women this early morning and hinted them that the party we are going to vote is APGA and there was great endorsement from the huge crowd

At your age, u still can't take decision on your own. Your igwe told you who to vote for....hope he's not telling you when and how to sleep with your wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (57) (Reply)

Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / How To Register For Your National Identification Number (NIN) And Card / 2023 Presidential Election Results From Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.