Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:05 PM

Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial (19936 Views)

Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics / Niger Delta Activists Protest The Siting Of A $1.5 Billion Dry Dock In Lagos / Coffin-bearing Activists Protest N5,000 Note Introduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Starlett: 8:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola was greeted with series of embarrassing songs as he arrived home of late political activist, Baba Omojola after the his body arrived home for his lying-in-state at his family's residence in Surulre, Lagos State.

The governor arrived with his convoy unable to go into the premises due to presence of a van that contained speakers blaring comradely songs for the activists at the venue.

The van was used to obstruct movement of vehicles into the residence. Upon his arrival however, aides of the governor who wanted to take their convoy in ordered that the van be removed for the governor, but the activists insisted the governor must alight from own his car and walk into the premises like others did. One activist, Debo Adeniran, who coordinated the van said with sarcarsm, that the governor could call his LASTMA officials to tow the van out of the way.

Upon realizing the seriousness of the activists, Mr. Fashola stepped down from his car and walked into the premises.

But as Mr. Fashola inched towards the house, more activists who had learned of his arrival took the microphone to sing anti-oppressor government song. Some lines in their songs tagged the governor "Ole-ole", translating to the calling the governor a thief.

The activists also substituted imperative words into their chorus, asking Mr. Fashola to leave the event to avoid his further embarrassment.

It was not known whether the governor had intention to stay long enough to address participants, but he left soon as the chants by activists gained more tempo.

Asked why Mr. Fashola had to be rejected at the event, the activists told Saharareporters that the governor was only a hypocrite pretending to be familiar with the late Baba Omojola.

A comrade said: "You won't believe they (government) don't allow Baba into their office whenever he was there on pressing public issues that affect the masse. But now that Baba is dead, Fashola is now here to show fake familiarity"

Another activist said it was now common for politicians to take advantage of the death of Comrades to woo families and relations of the bereaved.

"They did same when Gani Fawehinmi died. They hated him when he was alive because he spoke bitter truth to them and also challenged them to court especially on fake Toronto certificate of Tinubu, but after his death, they began pretending they were best of friends with him and began creating park and programs to deceive the public", a civil society leader who was present during the incidence said.

"That has become their forte. They suppress voices of the masses but whenever a strong activist whose voice gave them nightmare dies, they rejoice by sponsoring his funeral", he added.

The Lagos State Government tarred the Chief Onitana Street where Baba Omojola lived as part of gestures for his funeral. During a brief chat with SaharaTV crew recently, son of Baba Omojola, Akinola Omojola commented that it takes a prominent person to die for Government to repair a road in Nigeria.

It would be recalled that Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa was also booed recently as he strayed into the night of tributes and socials in memory of Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi.

"They are all hypocrites and we will continue to embarrass them if they won't stop insulting us to our face by pretending they were friends with our gone heroes", a protester said.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/activists-protest-governor-fasholas-presence-baba-omojolas-burial

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by karlmax2: 8:51am On Nov 16, 2013
Lagosians are aware of the fraud called lagos state government and all their media propoganda!!!come 2015 we would boot dem out of power!! They can continue their propoganda on the internet and the pages of newspaper but the electorates are wiser now

24 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by owolabifunke14(f): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2013
Let the light shine,nobody can boo my governor.He's the best in this country.Iroko of sunshine noni

10 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by BabaEleko(m): 9:04am On Nov 16, 2013
When no be Fashola kill the man. If e no pay condolence visit den go complain, e pay den still say na eye service. I hope all these so called activist will still visit and care about the family of the dead after everybody don find dia square root sha.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by takedat(m): 9:19am On Nov 16, 2013
karl max: Lagosians are aware of the fraud called lagos state government and all their media propoganda!!!come 2015 we would boot dem out of power!! They can continue their propoganda on the internet and the pages of newspaper but the electorates are wiser now
Hypocrite, you are always quick to condemn Sahara Reporters if the site highlight Jonathan's misdeeds but of course this is cheering news to you.

I support the blaming and shaming of politicians, be it Fashola or any one else. We are all victims to their arrogance and mis-governance. A road was abandoned for a long time but hurriedly tarred in order to grandstand. If na Jonathan visit, I am sure Debo Adeniran and his CACOL crew would have done same to him(though I am not in support of blocking the road to prevent constituted authorities passage, but I support heckling them).

Didn't you folks declare that these activists are on the pay-roll of LASG?

38 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 16, 2013
no one is complaining about the source now o, anyway its so annoying that the government would tar roads only after a prominent death.

8 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by elleven45(m): 9:26am On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Victosin09(f): 9:28am On Nov 16, 2013
Ok
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by eluquenson(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2013
Serious one, that's serves him right, our leaders are too mean undecided

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Pedagogue: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2013
In Nigeria, once you are able to hurl insults at a govt official- u automatically become an ACTIVIST!

Whilst not saying Fashola or any Politician is too big to be embarrassed or insulted,

I just think it's odd that since the death of Gani Fawehinmi, one cannot name another balanced and apolitical social critic.

I have been following this DEBO ADENIRAN for quite some time. Not once has he been quoted to criticise PDP.

Albeit his comment about Fashola forming 'fake familiarity' might be valid and true, I'm expecting an 'activist' like him to comment on topical national issues too.

He's not in anyway different from Messrs Falana SAN, Keyamo etc that are always very eager to criticise PDP but find it difficult to criticise the excesses of people like Fashola and co in the 'opposition'.

The most interesting part of the report is that the Governor was labelled 'Ole' and embarrassed...Yet, no single shot was fired neither was anyone harassed by Fashola's security men.
A LESSON FOR other POLITICAL OFFICE HOLDERS!

17 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by J0nyb0y(m): 9:31am On Nov 16, 2013
for their mynd..
.......... ...._.---._
..... .......'............'
.......... ./.............\
..... ......\(@) (@)/ ......... ...\....A..../
.... ...........),,,,,,(
............ ....\'''''/
...... .............| |
....... .---._.-.=.-._.---.
......./ ':-(_..-: :-.._)-:' \ ....../ /' (_...-: :-..._)' \ \
...../ / .(_....-' '-...._). \ \
..../ /..(_.....-: :-....._)..\ \
.../ /...(_......'^'......_)...\ \
../ /.....(_..'.-.=.-.'.._)....\ \
| |........ ...\'...=...'/........ ..| | | |......... ....\..=../ ............| |
| |.............-'.'-.-'.'-...........| |
::\.........(, ):0 0:.( ,)......../::
|||||........./ /'''---'''\ \.......|||||
....... .../ /.... .......\ \
....... ./ /...... .........\ \ ..... ./ /....... ............\ \
...../ /....... ........... ....\ \
.../ /............. ........ .....\ \
..(-)'........ ...... ............'(-)
..\ \......... ... .... ........./ /
....\ \......... ...... ......../ / ......\ \....... .... ......../ /
........\ \....... ........./ /
....... ..\ \...... ....../ /
..........///)..... .....(\\\
........///'....... ......'\\\
.......///........ .........\\\

4 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 16, 2013
Obiagelli: no one is complaining about the source now o, anyway its so annoying that the government would tar roads only after a prominent death.

Its really annoying! Where did the money to tar the road come from? Why can't they tar other roads as well? Is it like they just love seeing people suffer?

2 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by felzylix(m): 9:33am On Nov 16, 2013
ts one is sensemaking sha, if that is d case i think d best way to protest inadequate facilities now is by killing the prominent ones in ur area

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2013
*rolls out my mat*
*clears dust from feet to lie down *
Over to them.
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by excell12go(m): 9:34am On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by akereconfi: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2013
Very Soon they will FLOOD this thread

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by slightlyMad(f): 9:35am On Nov 16, 2013
i so hate it when ppl cant just deal with ppl independently.

Fashola is not Tinubu.
i dont care what party anyone belongs to, what i care about is the person's personality
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by tejpot(m): 9:35am On Nov 16, 2013
Sharia reporters or whatever their name is, it seems they have no news at desk to report. What happened to the hundreds of roads that have been repaired all over Lagos or did the grandfather of this news company died before it was repaired? Bunch of success haters. Fashola ma base elo, Ise re ma n tewa lorun, Fashola ma base elo*** singing continues

2 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nuvally: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2013
Diplomacy full for ds current Administration...How can u stop a Governor of state, demanding he should walk his way inside. Diplomacy No fit Nigerians. Anyways, its all gud tho

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by funnyx(m): 9:37am On Nov 16, 2013
This is the beauty of our people, no matter how popular you may be if you're found wanting they'll boo you and even yab you.

2 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by johnwizey: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2013
karl max: Lagosians are aware of the fraud called lagos state government and all their media propoganda!!!come 2015 we would boot dem out of power!! They can continue their propoganda on the internet and the pages of newspaper but the electorates are wiser now
Just tell me a better candidate u people can present, ode

2 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by akereconfi: 9:37am On Nov 16, 2013
django1:

Its really annoying! Where did the money to tar the road come from? Why can't they tar other roads as well? Is it like they just love seeing people suffer?

stick to the TOPIC my friend...........................................you see where dem tar road for this TOPIC.............. You just wan start tribal ish
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by funnyx(m): 9:38am On Nov 16, 2013
tejpot: Sharia reporters or whatever their name is, it seems they have no news at desk to report. What happened to the hundreds of roads that have been repaired all over Lagos or did the grandfather of this news company died before it was repaired? Bunch of success haters. Fashola ma base elo, Ise re ma n tewa lorun, Fashola ma base elo*** singing continues

Leave Sahara reporters alone they didn't manufacture the news they merely reported what happened and it's their job to report.

3 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by nwaobitex: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by illicit(m): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2013
so what if the govt didnt tarred the babs road, ehen? Is he d only lagosian, there are still many roads untarred, they are lucky the govt did that as a gesture, am a lagosian too and my road is untarred
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Fadelex(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2013
akereconfi: Very Soon they will FLOOD this thread
can't u grow up for once? why must u intentionally invite them by pretending to be a soothsayer? it's no more funny... you're the one propagating tribalism... idiat

2 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by mancheeutd(m): 9:45am On Nov 16, 2013
slightlyMad: i so hate it when ppl cant just deal with ppl independently.

Fashola is not Tinubu.
i dont care what party anyone belongs to, what i care about is the person's personality

a thousand likes
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2013
akereconfi:

stick to the TOPIC my friend...........................................you see where dem tar road for this TOPIC.............. You just wan start tribal ish

Maybe you need to read the article again. If indeed they tarred the road leading to the late activist's house just because of his funeral, then that is not too good. O ku die kaa to.

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Big4wig(m): 9:47am On Nov 16, 2013
Yes i don show with my pistol,fashola who dey disturbe u

_.._____________-.__-_-___
../_==o;;;;;;;;____ ___.___=>
....), ---.(_(__) /
...// (..) ), ----"
..//___//
.//___//
Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by akereconfi: 9:50am On Nov 16, 2013
Fadelex:
can't u grow up for once? why must u intentionally invite them by pretending to be a soothsayer? it's no more funny... you're the one propagating tribalism... idiat

so you can't drive home your point without an INSULT attached to it? Don't worry, I understand, maybe you grew up as a child receiving insults from your guardian everyday. smh.poor lad

1 Like

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 16, 2013
Nigeria would NEVER have a good leader.
Because Nigerians themselves aint good people.
No matter how hard you try to please them.
They can never be satisfied, and at the end.
They'll throw stones at you..
well, NOT just NIGERIANS, i think generally, it has to do with HUMANS.

5 Likes

Re: Activists Protest Fashola's Presence At Baba Omojola's Burial by tejpot(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2013
It is a journalistic political attempt to disrepute the person of the governor
funnyx:

Leave Sahara reporters alone they didn't manufacture the news they merely reported what happened and it's their job to report.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Darkest Baby In The World Born In South (photo) / Femi Fani-Kayode Commends Buhari For His June 12 Speech / UK Advises Saraki, Dogara, Others Against dereliction Of Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.