Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election (27656 Views)

Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
WildChild00:

Wat do you understand by the word "suppression"?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=suppression

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by vedaxcool(m): 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
It is pathetic some people keep insisting that El Rufai has no right to be in Anambra
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by deletrue: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
gurnam:

Is Anambra not part of Nigeria.?

Ibos can go live and thrive in other parts of the country...but you want your own land to be no-go area for other Nigerians that don't share your political affiliation?

You are smoking this early morning?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by amedino(m): 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
Well done. U stole my screenshot without my courtesy.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by amedino(m): 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2013
PHIPEX: I just heard on AIT that El-rufai has been restricted to his hotel in Awka. I don't know how lawful this is, at the same time could it be that he is not an accredited election observer?

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1417914_Screenshot_2013-11-16-10-45-44_pngaeb2180b481f95f932dd5d3e9700d17e[/img]

[img]http://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1417915_Screenshot_2013-11-16-10-46-00_png078da21c20b5f5936815119dbe573255[/img]

Well done. U stole my screenshot
without my courtesy.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by sCun: 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
Nasir El-Rufai @elrufai
Stretcing Obi's warped & divisive logic, no
Anambran can visit/ live in Lagos or Kano, but the
hypocrite shouted when Lagos 'deported' some! https://mobile.twitter.com/elrufai/status/401687939622907904?p=v
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Anambra Decides: SSS reportedly put El-Rufai under house arrest

November 16, 2013

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Malam Nasir el-Rufai, was on Saturday in Awka prevented from moving out of his hotel room to monitor the Anambra Governorship Election currently ongoing.

el-Rufai told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the `Finotel Hotel’ where he lodged that some armed men of the State Security Service (SSS) restrained him from moving out of the hotel to monitor the election.

He said:“I arrived in Awka by 7 p.m. on Friday and had a brief session with the APC candidate, Sen. Chris Ngige. When I came out to have my dinner, I saw three heavily armed SSS officers at the hotel.

“I asked them why they were following me; they told me that they were protecting me because Awka is not safe.

“I told them that I came with my own security. This morning, as I was about to have breakfast, they blocked the corridor and tried to restrain me from going out but I pushed by and went to the restaurant to eat.

“After my breakfast, I will be going to the APC Situation Room in town to monitor the election. I am being unlawfully detained here,’’ he said.

NAN reports that at this point, one of the SSS men entered the restaurant and confiscated the reporter’s tape recorder and deleted the recorded interview before returning it to her.

When contacted on telephone, the Director of SSS in the state, Mr A.U. Okeiyi, confirmed the report, saying that el-Rufai was being protected.

“el-Rufai is not an ordinary person. If anything happens to him, they will blame the security,’’ he said.

NAN reports that heavily armed security men were seen guarding the premises of the hotel. (NAN)

Daily Post
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by ChinoElects: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Is he a registered voter in Anambra or did I INEC gave him clearance?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Billygee2u: 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
gurnam:

Is Anambra not part of Nigeria.?

Ibos can go live and thrive in other parts of the country...but you want your own land to be no-go area for other Nigerians that don't share your political affiliation?

You are smoking this early morning?

MALAM El-RUFAI is a big suspect.simple
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by takedat(m): 1:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
Anambra Poll: Why we are monitoring el-Rufai, SSS says

"When contacted on telephone, the Director of SSS in the state, A.U. Okeiyi, confirmed the report, saying that Mr. El-Rufai was being protected."

"El-Rufai is not an ordinary person, if anything happens to him, they will blame the security," he said.

Heavily armed security men were seen guarding the premises of the hotel.

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/149726-anambra-poll-monitoring-el-rufai-sss-says.html

Isn't there a difference between monitoring and restricting an individual's movement?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by ASL33: 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
omenka:

Since when did it become unlawful for nigerians to move within Nigeria.
Since Nigerians started deporting Nigerians inside NIGERIA?

7 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by cjrane: 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
What is that Boko Haram financier doing in Awka? He should be deported to Maiduguri immediately!

He should be in bornu state cordinating Boko Attacks like his master.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by WildChild00(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
Italiano1:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=suppression

It will be nice for you to make use of an appropriate "english word" wen engage in a political discussion as dis.

6 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by blocker: 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
No be lie you talk.
ASL33: Since Nigerians started deporting Nigerians inside NIGERIA?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 1:53pm On Nov 16, 2013
WildChild00:

It will be nice for you to make use of an appropriate [b]"english word" wen engage in a political discussion as dis. [/b]

grin grin

What are you talking about? Please can you explain how the word was used inappropriately?

4 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by disloman(m): 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
onegig: ait no get insider geeks. Let them send the memory care down here and we would help retrieve the audio and video in less than 10 minutes.
Can u retrieve data frm a dead fone(bb shot down)?Pls. Let mi knw if u can help.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by blocker: 1:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
grin grin I see truck loads of Refrigerating Trucks lined up near government house. People are wondering what's in it? Ballot Boxes or Hero Lager beer (aka O'Mpa).
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Polio: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
Billygee2u:

MALAM El-RUFAI is a big suspect.simple

Why? Are you ret a...rded?

Why is he a suspect? Because his name is ElRufai or Mallam or what?

The way some folks reason and think here is beyond me

7 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

I completely agree!

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by nerodenero: 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Inasmuch as I detest with passion the way and manner this brief, minute, diminutive, miniature, midget, summarized and closed-to-the ground dude talks, the action of the SSS is totally wrong, unacceptable and denying the dude is fundamental human right.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by talktimi(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Italiano1:

Please stop being pedantic, you can clearly see I meant - no room
there's nothing wrong in admitting you made a mistake, the good thing here is that you've corrected yourself

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by patriotic007: 2:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
@mukta mtt,...Am a civilised person so i wont return abuses at you,...But take note that i dont even own a laptop talkless of posting from one neither am a boy,....I would also advice you to strive hard to get educated that would liberate you from the hate in your heart and it will remove the veil in your eyes,...have a nice day,.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

It may surprise you know that he merely echoed sentiments already expressed by Obi

El-Rufai in Anambra to rig governorship election —Peter Obi

By News Express on 16/11/2013

All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has been accused of being in Anambra State as part of efforts by his party to rig the on-going governorship election.

“I think they’re trying to rig the election,” said Governor Peter Obi while reacting to El-Rufai’s presence in the state.

He said he was not aware of El-Rufai’s restriction to his hotel room in Awka by security operatives but then added: “The restriction is for everybody, including myself. It’s not restricted to anybody.”

Even so, Obi took exception to El-Rufai’s presence in the state, saying: “This is an Anambra election . . . Let people not come here and give Anambra a bad name. If I have my way, I’d have him bundled out of this state.”

News Express had earlier today reported that El-Rufai had been restricted from leaving his hotel room in the Anambra State capital by men of Nigeria’s secret police who claimed to be acting in his best interest.

Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
CastleandGreen: El rufai, you are lucky i am not a security personel, i would have shoot you in Anambra state.
Take out one "o" in the bolded then we'll take you serious.

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Polio: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
eGuerrilla:
It may surprise you know that he merely echoed sentiments already expressed by Obi
Source: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/

His party is involved in the election .. He has the right to be in Anambra to offer any support as long as it is not to manipulate or disrupt the process ..

If Obi has any evidence to confirm he is there to rig the election, let him present it and stop talking nonsense without evidence to the media!

It will continue to poison the mind of you and the idi..ot i quoted previously, and it will send the wrong message out to anyone connected or interested

It will be absolutely disgraceful if El-Rufai is there to rig and i am sure he won't get involved in such a mess

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by edababa007(m): 2:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
Broken TV:
what is that mudafucker doing in anambra state.

@last, fashola was right in deporting this murdafuckers....

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by olatiler(m): 2:20pm On Nov 16, 2013
patriotic007: The law says that on an election day if you are not registered to vote in that territory and you are not an accredited election observer then stay off the streets,.....So El rufai is now above the law because he is against GEJ?please lets stop attacking GEJ anytime this people dance unclad in public,...anyway all this attck on GEJ has only won him more supporters and sympatisers than haters

Bro it quiet questionable on how u manage to get ur SSCE, cos if it so much difficult for u to read and comprehend that Malam El Rufail was party observer then I say it in open that ur brain was fucking empty
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Polio: 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
olatiler:

Bro it quiet questionable on how u manage to get ur SSCE, cos if it so much difficult for u to read and comprehend that Malam El Rufail was party observer then I say it in open that ur brain was fucking empty

It is not empty, it is full of cobwebs! LOL
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by WildChild00(m): 2:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
talktimi: there's nothing wrong in admitting you made a mistake, the good thing here is that you've corrected yourself

I guess he does not know dat der are lots of people viewing dis thread, both as guest and active forum users, and perhaps only reply wen necessary. " using an english word dat does't alacritously with his expression.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Royvic(m): 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
wtf! this son of a b......... alwys d d new for controversies. i kinda hate his guts, wts he doing there?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by lepashandi: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
He should remember, the ibo people he sent home during the demolition in Abuja are waiting to pounce on him and beat the daylight out of him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Trolls President Buhari Using Football / Ekweremadu: Why Age Limit For Senate, Governorship Were Retained / How Aisha Is Stealing Show In Buhari’s ‘Next Level’ - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.