Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election (27649 Views)

Like Anambra's Election Ranting, Like Oba Akiolu Statements / Apc Still Leading In Anambra Election- New Results / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by balladin: 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

You are a fun..king pleb.

What bloody security risk? What do you know about security risk?

History of ruffing feathers indeed, dunderhead!
Continue with your hateful posts. Obviously such attitude will never allow your brain think clearly.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by toru2: 3:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
luvmijeje: What's wrong with Jonathan? He is becoming too desperate, I hope APC have backup plan.
What are your proofs that GEJ is involved in all this drama?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Polio: 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
balladin:
Continue with your hateful posts. Obviously such attitude will never allow your brain think clearly.

Where is the hate?

Tell me where i hated on anyone ....Clarity and fairness is all what we are clamouring for, why do you guys feel intimidated or see this as an issue or a threat to security?

Explain that to us here or forever remain silent till this thread reaches its threshold

Moro...n!
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Ogundale(m): 3:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
balladin:

Mr corrector your post should have read "Oga it is listen and not lesson" and not "Oga is listen and not lesson".
Oya over to u, my oga at the top.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by femogbangba: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
WildChild00:

My friend wat are you saying? Are you saying you can not be corrected wen you miss used an english word? Do you know how many guest/users that are reading dis intresting thread across world? Always try and know the meaning of words before u sanctimoniously make use of dem, dats is my take, even if nairaland is occupied by comedians.

My friend can you keep quiet!!! You grammar is pathetically and abysmally poor for you to correct another poster.

Go through your own posts and correct them!

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by naptu2: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2013
[size=14pt]Jega promises credible guber election in Anambra.[/size]

on November 14, 2013 at 9:00 am in News

By ENYIM ENYIM

ONITSHA — Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Attahiru Jega, yesterday, declared that Saturday’s governorship election in Anambra State would be the best election so far in the country.

Speaking during a stakeholders’ forum at the Women Development Centre,  Awka,  Jega said the commission had made adequate preparation to ensure a credible, free and fair election.

However, he appealed to political parties and their candidates to cooperate with the commission to actualise the goal, as INEC would give all the parties and candidates a level playing ground.

He said INEC had corrected the errors in the controversial voters’ registers earlier given to political parties, adding that the mistakes were computer errors.

Presenting the corrected copies of the voters’ register to political parties, Jega asked them to carefully study them and raise objections where necessary before the election.

“We are transparent and we will continue to be transparent and fair to all the parties. We are human beings and we can make mistakes and correct them.

“We have concluded the training of our staff, we have introduced security features to protect our ballot papers and ballot boxes for every polling unit with a unique code number for each unit so that you can not take a ballot paper from one unit to another,” he said.

On multiple registration, the INEC boss said that the commission had already arrested some defaulters and were concluding arrangements to prosecute them and warned voters in the state who had double registration not to go to the polling units on Saturday as security agents had been directed to arrest any offender.

Jega warned that there would be no movement of government officials in the name of monitoring the election, adding that party agents must wear INEC tags to enable them enter and stay at the polling boots assigned to them.

Equally, he advised governorship candidates against going to the polling booths to vote with their armed aides, noting that it had caused violence in the past.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/jega-promises-credible-guber-election-anambra/

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by balladin: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Polio:

Where is the hate?

Tell me where i hated on anyone ....Clarity and fairness is all what we are clamouring for, why do you guys feel intimidated or see this as an issue or a threat to security?

Explain that to us here or forever remain silent till this thread reaches its threshold

Moro...n!

Must you start or end with an insult? How much home training did you receive. You can always make your points without those hate words, you don't need them. They are not good for your health. Oh, I just saw your name "polio". Now I understand.

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by nduchucks: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
naptu2:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/jega-promises-credible-guber-election-anambra/

This is quite different from essentially arresting El Rufai. There is no excuse for what SSS and GEJ did to the man in his hotel room.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by lazyboy94(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
gurnam:

When you people talk like this....you sound very primitive.
no need to sound apologetic there is no correlation btwn d Igboz and d El-rufais his presence there is disgusting
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 3:44pm On Nov 16, 2013
Abeg...make we go watch ball and do commentary on the Eagles vs Ethopia thread...

We will be back to treat these clannish people that are trying to drag Nigeria to the stone-age.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2013
lazyboy94: no need to sound apologetic there is no correlation btwn d Igboz and d El-rufais his presence there is disgusting

The way your own presence in any other part of Nigeria outside alaigbo will be disgusting..? No?

If it is Lagos or Abuja...you hypocrites will shout ONE NIGERIA.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by taharqa: 3:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
nerodenero: Inasmuch as I detest with passion the way and manner this brief, minute, diminutive, miniature, midget, summarized and closed-to-the ground dude talks, the action of the SSS is totally wrong, unacceptable and denying the dude is fundamental human right.
'Fundamental human right' to do what exactly?? IF he was not accredited by INEC as one of d observers of today's election, d Security Agents shld restrict him to his bed sef, not only his hotel
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by WildChild00(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
femogbangba:

My friend can you keep quiet!!! You grammar is pathetically and abymally abnormally poor for you to correct another poster.

Go through your own posts and correct them!

[size=32pt] Who are you I guess same person. [/size] grin grin
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by taharqa: 3:54pm On Nov 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This is quite different from essentially arresting El Rufai. There is no excuse for what SSS and GEJ did to the man in his hotel room.
If d Security Agents tell you to stay in a particular place cos of a valid order, and you want to play 'smart' by resisting them, then they are obliged to ARREST you azz then if need be in order to execute dat valid order.. U get?
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by femogbangba: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=WildChild00]

[size=32pt] Who are you I guess same person. [/size] grin grin[/quote

Far from it, i have just observed the way you have been murdering the English language all day and yet you are fixated on others.

I guess you have never heard of the word abysmal hence why you changed it to abnormal- you can add that word to your limited vocabulary. Joker of the thread, and you want to do a Phd in Germany??

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by iyobs7(f): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
You talk, I talk, them talk, will it cause any change? I don't see real governance in Nigeria. Ngige wins Rocha's wins, El-rufai tweet it will never have any impact on governance. They are just there to get their own share of the national cake that's all. Ngige former governor went to senate, came back again, wetin him dey find?

What do people do? they come on nairaland wasting their mb tearing each other apart with their opinions. El-rufai, Ngige and most of all the one you call Jonathan and clueless president that your father will lick his bottom does not even know you EXIST. Smh make una grow up
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by WildChild00(m): 4:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
[quote author=femogbangba][/quote]

Same person as Italian1, I will be back for you, after the match.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by phineas: 4:55pm On Nov 16, 2013
Did they explain on what grounds he was been detained, due process is to read the grounds on which an "accused" is been held, the so called Miranda rights in the USA. In failing to do so, the SSS officials violated the rule of law, and the rights of Mr El-rufai,That said, APC has already declared him an accredited observer.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
WildChild00:

Same person as Italian1, I will be back for you, after the match.

grin grin grin grin

I will let you bask in your paranoia.

You have deliberately tried to derail this thread all day without making any tangible contribution.

I wrote this earlier today and you asked me to explain what I meant by suppress, as if it is not self explanatory enough.

GEJ and his party PDP should hide their heads in shame! In a democracy, there is no room for the suppression of opposition views.

I hope they do not reap what they are sowing because the military and all state apparatuses they are using to witchunt opposition parties are watching closely.

A cursory look on the internet provides the following:

Suppress:

tr.v. sup·pressed, sup·press·ing, sup·press·es
1. To put an end to forcibly; subdue.
2. To curtail or prohibit the activities of.
3. To keep from being revealed, published, or circulated.
4. To deliberately exclude (unacceptable desires or thoughts) from the mind.
5. To inhibit the expression of (an impulse, for example); check: suppress a smile.
6. To reduce the incidence or severity of (a hemorrhage or cough, for example); arrest.

You have made a pathetic attempt at showboating by using words that you do not know the meaning of; I have tried to ignore you but you continue to quote me.

Frankly, I think it is embarrassing for me to engage with you for obvious reasons, please can you stop quoting me and stop derailing this thread!

4 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by nduchucks: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2013
taharqa: If d Security Agents tell you to stay in a particular place cos of a valid order, and you want to play 'smart' by resisting them, then they are obliged to ARREST you azz then if need be in order to execute dat valid order.. U get?

There was no such order to restrain El Rufai from leaving his hotel. What valid order are you talking about? Stop attempting to deceive people.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by highmood(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2013
gurnam:

Is Anambra not part of Nigeria.?

Ibos can go live and thrive in other parts of the country...but you want your own land to be no-go area for other Nigerians that don't share your political affiliation?

You are smoking this early morning?
see, though am a good supporter of APC in that state, I think el rufai shouldn't have gone there at this time. People loves Ngige, but the chieftains of apc should allow d people to vote him without any other thought of the Hausas trying to infiltrate the state with their ideology. The issue of deportation is still fresh in their mind, the issue of osun state observers, lai Mohammed comments and suspicion of inec and now el rufai. I think they are making voters look at Ngige suspiciously. If he is for the igbos or against them. So they would have allowed him. He was a governor and can't be cheated.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 6:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
highmood: see, though am a good supporter of APC in that state, I think el rufai shouldn't have gone there at this time. People loves Ngige, but the chieftains of apc should allow d people to vote him without any other thought of the Hausas trying to infiltrate the state with their ideology. The issue of deportation is still fresh in their mind, the issue of osun state observers, lai Mohammed comments and suspicion of inec and now el rufai. I think they are making voters look at Ngige suspiciously. If he is for the igbos or against them. So they would have allowed him. He was a governor and can't be cheated.

I understand what you are saying and you have a point but it is still totally inappropriate for the SSS to curtail his movements. Admittedly, they have indicated that they were just protecting him grin
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by taharqa: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

There was no such order to restrain El Rufai from leaving his hotel. What valid order are you talking about? Stop attempting to deceive people.
See @Ndu-chuks, I regard this issue as been COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT and just d usual meaningless Noisemaking, But: was Elrufai an Accreditated INEC Observer or Agent?? If No, then there is a valid order against any political actor from moving around in today's election, except you are a Voter. Even d State Gov himself was so restricted. Bye..
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by nduchucks: 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2013
taharqa: See @Ndu-chuks, I regard this issue as been COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT and just d usual meaningless Noisemaking, But: was Elrufai an Accreditated INEC Observer or Agent?? If No, then there is a valid order against any political actor from moving around in today's election, except you are a Voter. Even d State Gov himself was so restricted. Bye..

You've started pretending to be a dummy again. Is the hotel where El Rufai is lodged an election polling station? Apart from El Rufai, how many other political actors where restricted from moving out of their hotel rooms because of this election? Abeg make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Italiano1: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You've started pretending to be a dummy again. Is the hotel where El Rufai is lodged an election polling station? Apart from El Rufai, how many other political actors where restricted from moving out of their hotel rooms because of this election? Abeg make we hear word.

+100
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Italiano1, please, I beg of you, let @WildChild00 be, haba! ASUU is on strike, I aint so sure he'll remember his 'level' in school.

@Topic, quoting George W Bush "The only way to pursue peace is to pursue those that threatens it". I honestly agree with the SSS on this, we need peace and peaceful elections, El Rufai is some sort of threat to that peace, he ought to be pursued.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by khattab02: 7:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Then bush is wrong. Has El rufai infringe any law? Don't think so.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by cjrane: 7:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
[size=18pt]WHY HAVE THEY NOT DEPORTED HIM TO KADUNA?

DOES HE HAVE A HOUSE IN ANAMBRA? === NO!

THEN HE IS A DESTITUTE AND SHOULD BE "RE-UNITED" WITH HIS KITH AND KIN IN KADUNA - APC IDEOLOGY!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by gurnam: 7:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
cjrane: WHY HAVE THEY NOT DEPORTED HIM TO KADUNA?

THEN HE IS A DESTITUTE AND SHOULD BE "RE-UNITED" WITH HIS KITH AND KIN IN KADUNA - APC IDEOLOGY

You are a complete disgrace to all sense of decency to utter this profound stupidity...

3 Likes

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by Beync(f): 7:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
They should confine him to his hotel room
Let him be twitting from there. He's a bigot and a confusionist

1 Like

Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by WildChild00(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2013
Back to the topic of discussion, the question is wat is El-rufai looking for in Anambra state? Even the governor of the state was restricted, who is El-rufai, If not to ferment trouble, he is lucky I was not deployed der.
Re: El–rufai Restricted In His Awka Hotel Room Ahead Of Anambra Election by ChimaAgbalajob: 7:43pm On Nov 16, 2013
cjrane: [size=18pt]WHY HAVE THEY NOT DEPORTED HIM TO KADUNA?

THEN HE IS A DESTITUTE AND SHOULD BE "RE-UNITED" WITH HIS KITH AND KIN IN KADUNA - APC IDEOLOGY!
[/size]

Exactly!

The same law used by those wicked men to deport Igbos from Lagos because they didn't have a house there should be applied here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wheelbarrow: David Mark Mocks Ortom; Ortom Says He's Jealous Of His Achievement / Infra-Co Nigeria / Old Picture Of Obasanjo With Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.