Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read (705 Views)

14 Lies About Tithes That You Should Know About. / Should Students Be Paying Tithes. / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you have stopped paying tithes, then don't let anyone deceive you to believe that whatever situation you may be going through now is as a result of you not paying tithes, just always remember this verse:

Psalm 34:19
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous embarassed, But the Lord delivers him out of them all. smiley

1 Like

Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
@op Pay ur tithe 4 God 2 bless u big head. sad
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2013
stardragon: @op Pay ur tithe 4 God 2 bless u big head. sad

Matthew 23:23
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law --justice, mercy and faithfulness.You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

You can see here Jesus telling us there are more important matters of the law than tithes, yet you believe in your small head that paying tithes is what will make God to bless u.
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Goshen360(m): 5:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
MrBible: If you have stopped paying tithes, then don't let anyone deceive you to believe that whatever situation you may be going through now is as a result of you not paying tithes, just always remember this verse:

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse this message of Grace.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2013
Goshen360: I'm Goshen360 and I endorse this message of Grace.

Remain Blessed In The Lord, Bro Goshen360
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
up NEPA !!! in other word... I don't know what tithes is and will never know...all I know is to help d poor beggars in d street which d churches nowadays ain't doing..church gbakwa oku

1 Like

Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2013
MrBible: If you have stopped paying tithes, then don't let anyone deceive you to believe that whatever situation you may be going through now is as a result of you not paying tithes, just always remember this verse:

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
How does God delivers the righteous?

By sending his word.

Psalms 107:20
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

How is that possible? By showing them His covenant.

"The secret of the Lord is with those who fear him; and he will show them his covenant." Psalm 25:14

Tithing is a covenant(In principle).Not of blind obedience but of LOYALTY.

"I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty.Malachi 3:1
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Goshen360(m): 7:23am On Nov 17, 2013
Bidam: How does God delivers the righteous?

By sending his word.

Psalms 107:20
He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

How is that possible? By showing them His covenant.

"The secret of the Lord is with those who fear him; and he will show them his covenant." Psalm 25:14

Tithing is a covenant(In principle).Not of blind obedience but of LOYALTY.

"I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple; the messenger of the covenant, whom you desire, will come," says the LORD Almighty.Malachi 3:1

I ALWAYS literally shake my head anytime you say some stuffs. Tithing is a covenant? Bidam, really? And you quote a scripture that prophesy God's messenger. Is tithe now God messenger being referred to in the verse you quoted?

3 Likes

Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

I ALWAYS literally shake my head anytime you say some stuffs. Tithing is a covenant? Bidam, really? And you quote a scripture that prophesy God's messenger. Is tithe now God messenger being referred to in the verse you quoted?
Covenant is simply an agreement between you and and God,it may be conditional or unconditional. The children of Israel operated in a conditional covenant with Jehovah God.

The New TESTAMENT(Covenant) ratified by the blood of Jesus is unconditional for remissions of sins.

There are also benefits enjoyed in that covenant e.g prosperity,health,eternal life etc.

The right question is despite Christians giving their life to Christ why are majority sick,poor and wretched?

The secret is Jesus(revealed word) hidden in the logos(written word) i already gave you a scripture for that.

The reason i quoted malachi was that the verse of scripture revealed the messenger of the covenant and we know is John.

John prepared the way of the one who is to come and show us a pattern to enjoy the covenant.i.e Jesus.

Now all scripture are for profit and teachings.Jesus teachings are life and spirit. He commended tithing and so should we.

Tithing in malachi is actually a covenant to prove the faithfulness of God.The word of God works sirs!
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by nora544: 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2013

that is the biggest bullshit i have read, sorry God is no money printing machine and what is the biggest problem of nigerians that they are no real christians because tithing and bad economic has nothing to do with God, but it will help only to fill the pockets of this so called great man of God.

When will i hear from this tithing loving pastors in nigeria you have to work hard that God will bless you, I know never.
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 17, 2013
nora544:
that is the biggest bullshit i have read, sorry God is no money printing machine and what is the biggest problem of nigerians that they are no real christians because tithing and bad economic has nothing to do with God, but it will help only to fill the pockets of this so called great man of God.

When will i hear from this tithing loving pastors in nigeria you have to work hard that God will bless you, I know never.
Go put on your lenses.The guy is against tithing. grin
Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
stardragon: @op Pay ur tithe 4 God 2 bless u big head. sad

what a selfish person you are, so you pay tithe so that God will bless you not because you want to bless others ?

smh

1 Like

Re: Tithes - Have You Stopped Paying Then A Must Read by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
Tithing the way it is practiced today will always be a fraud, those who force this lie on God's children will continue to be fraudsters or unwitting participants in the biggest fraud of modern times.

Time to 'kick this lie in the teeth ' so that it will remain silent forever.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Family. A Must Read / Pictures Of What A Nairalander Did To Himself On Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.