Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? (11493 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Jayses(m): 6:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
Today people do a lot of things to enhance their beauty , some even go as far as undergoing plastic/cosmetic surgery The most commonly performed cosmetic
procedures include breast augmentation/lifts,
liposuction (the removal of body fat), facelifts,
eyelid lifts, buttock and other body lifts, leg vein
treatments, botox/fat injections, and nose and
face reshaping. Approximately two million people
subject themselves to these kinds of procedures
each year, shelling out money and sacrificing
time and comfort.,we have christians doing it too , since the bible did not specifically address the issue one is stock in the middle when trying to Justify or condemn the practice. Wht do you think ?
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
why must you
Justify or condemn the practice
,God is the only one I know who can do either;If you are considering it,pray and ask for Direction,simple. #MindYourOwnBusiness in life.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Jayses(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
I'm not considering it I raised the question because of the growing trend in the industry .

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Ikem11(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Vivly(f): 7:46am On Nov 24, 2013
It isn't.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Olugbenger(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2013
Na big sin oh!

3 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by musadangana(m): 7:49am On Nov 24, 2013
na big sin o,coz u aint grateful
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by ednut1(m): 7:50am On Nov 24, 2013
As long as d bible writers neva forsaw it , its allowed grin
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by BigBen10: 7:50am On Nov 24, 2013
I dont see anything wrong with it. God is interested in your mind and soul. As long as you do not purpoesly kill the body you should be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Prowizy2(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2013
It's a sin, in the sense that God has already created humans in his own image
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by beautyBrains(f): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2013
Is it wriiten in the bible that thou shall not undergo plastic surgery? The human body doesn't remain the same after some years! U get fat! You get slim! You have sagging boobs, you have tiny boobs. Too much of anything is bad. If its important do it. Religion only puts you in bondage. So if you have had any type of plastic surgery it wrong cuz u are a christain? Oh pls, is that why Jesus died?

3 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by okirewaju(f): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2013
Na sin
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by olorunthobby(f): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2013
it is a very big sin.
abeg...wetin no good no good o..!!
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by tpia5: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2013
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be.

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by UyiIredia(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2013
I wonder why it's the 'is it a sin . . .' thread the best you usually come up with.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by lafex: 8:01am On Nov 24, 2013
Since christainity is baseless and something like that is not written in the bible, you are free to do and undo. Just move on and go ahead.
YOU ARE FREE TO DO ANYTHING IN CHRISTAINITY RELIGION
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Dannylux: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2013
I can't actually say but there are more apparent sins trending that we should be more worried about.

Tattooing and the rest of it.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by CyrusLevi(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2013
Prowizy2: It's a sin, in the sense that God has already created humans in his own image
Same way he created Siamese twins and every human born with a defect or another in his image,I don't see how on earth it's a sin to have a correctional surgery

Christians and double standard hypocrisy,even the bible wasn't explicit on this subject.

3 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by tpia5: 8:04am On Nov 24, 2013
Corrective surgery is different from cosmetic or elective surgery.

5 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Tolexander: 8:06am On Nov 24, 2013
Jayses: I'm not considering it I raised the question because of the growing trend in the industry .
in my opinion!

I don't believe the cosmetic surgeries are really a sin!

If one feels the way he looks isn't attractive he can go for a cosmetic surgery. But the person shouldn't blame anyone for the consequences of the action if things go bad

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by BigBen10: 8:08am On Nov 24, 2013
For those of you saying its a sin. Please dont wear cloth again oh because that means you are not grateful for the way God naturally created you. Strip naked now!

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by chrisskyface(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by chrisskyface(m): 8:12am On Nov 24, 2013
It simply shows u dnt appreciate God d way he made u
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Highlinflammabu(f): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2013
First,i thnk d motive of d surgery(ies) shld be considerd. If u're gettn into liposuctn bcz u want lesser fat. If u want bottom lift bcz u want to seduce men,then it's wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by phtemie(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2013
It goes either ways...It could be a sin and it couldn't..I think It's contingent on the intent behind undergoing it..

But it's better to seek the directives of the holy spirit when you want to do something like that..Don't just take the decision impetuously.

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2013
The bible says"Let's create Man in our own Image",so if you alter anything in it,whom do you want to take after?#justjoking#

If the situation is life threatening,sure,its no sin,that why God gave us brain to reason,unlike other animals.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by lastmessenger: 8:25am On Nov 24, 2013
My pastor defined sin as any act or behavior that deplets ones spiritual energy.he said that the problem with sin is not that God is angry with the sinner but that through sin,someones God given ability is wasted or depleted.if the definition above is anything to go by then we need to ask ourselves if plastic sudgery can deplet ones spiritual energy.if my wifes breast is going down and she decide to enhance it for me,has she done an act that deplets her spiritual? I answer 'no' to the above question.

But on the other hand God judges the rational behind what we do eventhough it may seem right in our eyes.for instance, why are you giving bulk offering in the church,is it for the love you have for God or so that you can get richer.if it is to get richer,then you are walking in sin and unrightousness.the majory of women and men who do plastic sudgery are walking in sin not because they did plastic sudgery but because of the why or the rational behind doing plastic sudgery.

2 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Roughlen(m): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2013
It's a sin. Read 1cor 6:19 - 20, 1pet 3:3 - 6 and 1tim 2:9 - 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Muslims In Israel / An Athiest Turned Christian. God Thank You For This Last Chance / Holy Thursday, Footwashing , And The Institution Of The Priesthood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.