Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,290 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? (11501 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It A Sin For Guy To Wear Fitted Shirts And Skinny Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by BigBen10: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
Tallesty1: don't say what you don't know, God made garment for Adam and Eve even when they have made cloth for themselves with fig leaves. That is to tell you that some clothes may look right before men but they are abormination before God.
u still didnt make a beta argument. My point is why would you cover up yourself with cloth when God has made you perfectly. Same thinking applies for the OP question. Then we should not wear shoes cause we are supposedzly insulting God that he didnt create the perfect feet for traversing the world. But also like other people have commented. Yout motives behind the surgery matters alot
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
It is not a sin...this is the new testaments no such thing as sin anymore smiley
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by InHim4Him(m): 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gombs:

He asked them that because He knew there's no way they'd have known they were n.aked except they ate of that fruit or someone told them. Not because He designed them to be actually n.aked and they all of a sudden wanted clothes. If he really wanted them n.aked..he wouldn't have clothed them went he sent them out of the garden.

Question is, would God condemn you to hell just because you went for tummy tuck or plastic surgery or transgender surgery. ( I told you He's interested n your spirit, not your flesh.)

Would he stop loving you because you changed your physique? Though most folks do this for corrupt gains... It still doesn't mean God don't love them or won't accept them again because they altered their bodies? If a baby poos on himself, would you throw away d baby n his poo poo just because he shouldn't have pooed on his body?

God doesn't think like a natural man does... He's not worried about sin...He was before, but after he sent Jesus, He isn't no more. He is NOT sin conscious
You are right. "God doesn't think like a natural man does............" By this alone, you are out of the game. Because you are not God but a natural man. Submit to his Lordship and He will give you light.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by BigBen10: 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
neena adjei: It is not a sin...this is the new testaments no such thing as sin anymore smiley
so if someone molest you. He has not sin because its new testament. So am free to murder anybody cause christ has paid for all abi? If the whole world thinks like that there will be nothing left on earth!
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by AndreUweh(m): 12:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
You will go to hell fire if you try such. Though a different branch of hell fire.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Danhumprey: 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Vivly: It isn't.
Are you sure? Give me reasons why you think it isn't a sin.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
All those who says its a sin shld read this...

Your best 'reason' is that it implies that u ar nt appreciative of how u were created by God...
Well, the next time ur hair is bushy don't shave them pls, it is a sin, God didn't create u shaved.
The next time u look in the mirror and u find pimples on ur face, dnt pinch it, or use facial creams, God likes u dat way.
When ur eyes ar bad, don't use glasses, did God nt create the eyes like dat?
If u find a big boil on ur face one morning, jst smile, I'm sure God put it thr.
The next time u grow rashes, enjoy it. Its the manifestation of God's power.
If u were born with ur fingers glued together, or u av a child like that, jst go to the church for thanksgiving, I'm sure God hates surgeries.
If u lose ur teeth in an accident, rejoice, for God has created them to fall off.

Dumb questions on Nairaland every sunday!!! Phewwwww

4 Likes

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Gombs(m): 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
InHim4Him:
You are right. "God doesn't think like a natural man does............" By this alone, you are out of the game. Because you are not God but a natural man. Submit to his Lordship and He will give you light.

I'm not a natural man... A natural man function by his senses...he cannot comprehend the things of God

I am a man, filled with the Holy Spirit. I function in and by the Spirit.

You might not understand...but I hope you do
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by InHim4Him(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
ifeness:

Does the bible know anything about cosmetic surgeries? I doubt!
Since according to you the Bible knows nothing about plastic surgery, so you also think God knows nothing. That too is okay.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mooregan(m): 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2013
People up till now have failed to understand that Christianity is more than a RELIGION. Pplr have become too RELIGIOUS that d become judgmental n hypocritic yet they've not even had this relationship with Christ. Christianity is very simple and sweet, but we Nigerians make it look so hectic. if we go d way we are going, then can we say undergoing CS is sin cos that's not d way God designed childbirth?? Can we saying going for eye operation is sin cos one should be contented with his God given sight?? Many of d pple saying Plastic surgery is a sin will be d 1st to go 4 one is they are bathed with Acid or have an accident if they can afford it. Like are said, our problem is RELIGION, on this same Nairaland I saw a thread saying going to church with ya Tab instead of Bible is sin, are we 4 real?? Was s bible not once a soft copy? GOD is not a man, he doesn't n won't think the way this Religious pple do.

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by asco15(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Rom.1:26 for this cause God gave them up into vile affections, for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature. 28, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.
Ps. 39:5 'verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity.
The truth is that unatural sex, hair, nails, skin etc are all forms of abominations/unrighteousness before God, and such ppl cn nt inherit d kingdom of God as clearly stated in Rev.21:8, 1cor.6:9-10.
Be warn! Because, thou are inexcusable on dat day. Rom.2:1.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by katsim(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2013
My dear it is a sin and this is end time my beloved let us be careful Timothy 3v6: for of this sort are they which creep into house, and led captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mvem(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gombs: I don't think its a sin...God is interested in your spirit...

On that day your flesh won't be there, neither would there be any modification on your spirit.

If you change your body or gender or anything about you in surgery, God won't love you any less than he loved Jesus. He would still love you as if you d only one on the earth.
......see wetin u dey say so u dey incourage person to go increase breast or buttocks for what sake? To change your natural looks, u can as well say bleaching no be sin....did Christ tell us to lust on our bodies....we use d bible wrongly to approve stupid tinz...
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mvem(m): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
safarigirl: If you're doing it as a health benefit i.e to prevent cardiac problems and extend life expectancy(liposuction-removal of excess body fat) or to correct a scar as in the case of Stephanie Okereke who was severely burnt after an accident, I see no wrong in it. But if you're one of those plastic bimbos on Dr.90210 who get a kick out of correcting something that was never wrong, then I doubt God would approve.
.....even medically liposuction is not the best way to reduce fat...many have died during liposuction...d best way is exercise which is generally better...people do d liposuction becos dey re lazy and cant be patient and disciplined to endure exercise...
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mvem(m): 5:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
fatwallet: EXACTLY. these guys are just ignorant,they need exposure and enlightenment. Africans are generally known to be backward so its not a suprise that these guys are still clinging on to the colonial religion the literal exact way it was presented to them without bothering to investigate and discover more esoteric wisdom .
according to them you should be stoned to death immediately if you steal or vilified for not going to church or being a gay or runs girl. they are ignorant.
....is u dats ignorant see wetin so called civilization has caused, giving meaning to stupid acts....now Homosexuality is almost generally accepted soon it will be BESTIALITY...watch and see..
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mvem(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gombs:

He asked them that because He knew there's no way they'd have known they were n.aked except they ate of that fruit or someone told them. Not because He designed them to be actually n.aked and they all of a sudden wanted clothes. If he really wanted them n.aked..he wouldn't have clothed them went he sent them out of the garden.

Question is, would God condemn you to hell just because you went for tummy tuck or plastic surgery or transgender surgery. ( I told you He's interested n your spirit, not your flesh.)

Would he stop loving you because you changed your physique? Though most folks do this for corrupt gains... It still doesn't mean God don't love them or won't accept them again because they altered their bodies? If a baby poos on himself, would you throw away d baby n his poo poo just because he shouldn't have pooed on his body?

God doesn't think like a natural man does... He's not worried about sin...He was before, but after he sent Jesus, He isn't no more. He is NOT sin conscious
....You are d DEVIL appostle
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by mvem(m): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Gombs:

....You are d DEVIL appostle
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Yemlizzy(f): 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Its a personal decision which will surely invoke criticism but i feel any artificial surgery or any other attachment added to the body through a surgery or transplant is not just worth it because one day that body you value is going to be buried and rotten and will be filled with oozing maggots so why not keep it real and avoid artificials.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by herich(m): 10:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
lafex: Since christainity is baseless and something like that is not written in the bible, you are free to do and undo. Just move on and go ahead.
YOU ARE FREE TO DO ANYTHING IN CHRISTAINITY RELIGION
[color=#006600][/color] u ain't free to do everythin in christainity, jux read and meditate your bible. If you are to follow people (crowds) u won't make heaven.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by kolamilan(m): 10:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
pure sin.
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by whitetruth: 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2013
Prowizy2: It's a sin, in the sense that God has already created humans in his own image
let God descide so many times we help God drink his panadol let uss all note that the image we speak of is actually a spirit /mind thin not necessarily d physical body also most of these are mans creations first made to over come medical problems and its only biblical cuz god asked us to "create" since wer in his image n likness how ever the motive(heart) is the only basis for judgment an dats sumtin only God can see so*mind ur life let others live theirs

1 Like

Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by Jayses(m): 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Thanks for ur contribution
Re: Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? by vicnaph: 10:20am On Nov 03, 2014
common guys let's not decieve ourselves,remember that sin comes in two ways,1 sin of the heart and sin of the body,any one you commit you are guilty.the sin of the flesh God will reward and also of the heart.lust of the flesh,lust of the eyes and pride of life.first 2 are of the flesh,the last 1 is of the heart.let tell ourselves the truthooo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Favourite Preacher And Why / The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God / The Paintings Of Hell By A Korean Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.