Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why (5161 Views)

The Lords Prayer??? / The Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Movement / Am I A Hypocrite For Getting The Lords Prayer Tattoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Vicjay1(m): 12:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
lastmessenger: Back in secondary school days.
Same here.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by italo: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
It's okay if you're incapable of telling how.

daroz:
'How' as how? Is'nt it obvious?
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by swhiss: 12:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
pinkrex: What's the difference between the standard for guidance and the prayer it self? The bible and christ is not hypocritical or stand in public or open corners to use long grammar to seek God. Everything you explaiined remained the same.. That prayer is complete and means the same thing long or short. When you live the heavenly lifestyle, you don't need a 'Nigerian prayer'.

God the hearer of prayer urges us to pour out our heart to him, we shld mke known our INNER FEELINGS to him....reciting de lords prayer is like repeating de same kind of prayer over nd over again, it is nt from the heart!...its jes a standard we must stick to while praying.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by ignis: 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
I say it like once a week.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by ignis: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
Like twice a week.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by SalC: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2013
It's a pity some people do not know the difference between psalm 23 and the Lord's prayer.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by SalC: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
At least 7 times a day cool
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
I say 'The Lords Prayer' often. Even when i feel lazy to pray.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by pinkrex(m): 1:55pm On Nov 17, 2013
swhiss:

God the hearer of prayer urges us to pour out our heart to him, we shld mke known our INNER FEELINGS to him....reciting de lords prayer is like repeating de same kind of prayer over nd over again, it is nt from the heart!...its jes a standard we must stick to while praying.
Are you now positing that the lord's prayer is incomplete? Tell me the part of life's trivails that's missing.. Do you seek God's will or your own will? Is God not aware of your challenges?
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Vicksal: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
I say it everyday because datz d prayer Jesus thought me
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Arlex(m): 2:27pm On Nov 17, 2013
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by obxddon(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
We all say the Lords prayer but miss out so many points......U will hear people say "I will never forgive Him/Her"...But part of the lords prayer says "And forgive Us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against Us" which means when you dont forgive people God will never forgive you......so forgive people when they misbehave not for their sake,but for your own sake!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by MostHigh: 4:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
thunderclap: The idea of lords prayer came when jesus disciples ask him to teach them how to pray. My question is how often do you recite the lords prayer and why

everyday.smiley
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by roqchiq(f): 7:03pm On Nov 17, 2013
swhiss:

Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.” 37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. 38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.” 39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.” 40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” 42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless[a] I drink it, Your will be done.” 43 And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy. 44 So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. "......

Ermm...well i guess since Jesus repeated the same words thrice He wasn't praying from his heart.

Oh and that smart talk about muslims praying towards the east, go read Dan 6:10...turned towards Jerusalem and prayed...''

#teamcatholic

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by God1stson(m): 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2013
lastmessenger: Back in secondary school days.
now u must have out grown d prayer.sorry!. things of God tru his son jesus can never b outgrown b u a tongue speaking born again or a kingdom drop out.u beta re-enter the race 4 salvation
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by optimism91(m): 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
It reminds me about forgiveness.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2013
the Lord's prayer is first of all a prayer in itself. Jesus intended that it is a prayer. But if you want to see it as a guide, i dont think there is anything theologically wrong.

People who condemn the recitation of the lord's prayer based on the ground that it is recycled, should also remember that they recite the grace of our lord at the end of every fellowship.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by shumax: 8:47am On Nov 18, 2013
italo: As a Catholic, I say it at least 8 times everyday.

1. I say it once during daily mass. (It is said by everyone at every mass everywhere in the world)

2. I say it 6 times while praying the Rosary.

3. I say it once while praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

May the Lord answer our prayers. What prayer can be more pleasing to God than this one uttered by his own mouth.

@OP, you didn't tell how often you say it.
Italo on point joor same with me here only that for me i say it more time when i say the litany of the saints, May God continue to hear us
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by terrifiesme(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2013
because its a prayer, n d prayer itself is complete.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by italo: 9:25am On Nov 18, 2013
shumax:
Italo on point joor same with me here only that for me i say it more time when i say the litany of the saints, May God continue to hear us

Amen.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 18, 2013
Every working day.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by Dalby(m): 9:45am On Nov 18, 2013
Every opportunity I have to pray. It is better for me than the way present day Christians pray in tongues as they say!!!

Matthew 6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
Re: How Often Do You Recite The Lords Prayer, And Why by bisayor(m): 1:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
I say it 7times daily while praying the rosary!

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Light Of Islam (by An Ex-christian) / 14 Funny Christian Memes That Will Make You Laugh / Four Kinds Of People In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.