Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? (6705 Views)

GENESIS Chapter 3(who Should We Blame For Our Suffering Now ADAM,EVE Or SERPENT) / Why Do We Blame The Devil For Our Misdeeds? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 17, 2013
When they commit their evil acts they will say they are sharp guys but when they are caught na devil cause am..
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2013
embarassed I'm terribly sorry babe, I didn't mean to deflower you, it's the handiwork of the devil, I promise not to do that again.. cry
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Sike(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Because na only Devil they do Bad.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Sunofgod(m): 11:16am On Nov 17, 2013
Because that's the way the white man has programmed us . . .
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Karleb(m): 11:19am On Nov 17, 2013
@OP who else do u want me to blame when i was caught stealing meat from my mama pot, to me i see blaming the devil as my last defence mechanism.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by ayusco85(m): 11:20am On Nov 17, 2013
Maybe u do, but i dont. I blame myself wen i do wrong. Wetin concern boko haram with ASUU strike? tongue. Are the two even related? undecided
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Dygeasy(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
Now I Should Be On The First Page. Why am I Not?

The Devil Is At Work cheesycheesy
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by ocelot2006(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2013
dunno.....the devil made me say that.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by jahbiz: 11:52am On Nov 17, 2013
because
w dont wan to take responsibility nor blame 4 our action(s) in other
news w dont learn from devil himself that takes responsibility 4 his
stubborness to God. Shekina!
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by nora544: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2013
Pukkah: The average person doesn't like to be criticized or found wanting. And when caught, the instinct is to TRY to push the error, fault, responsibility to another person or event. And because the other person might say it's not his fault, the devil who is always speechless becomes a perfect excuse.

Nigerians have perfected this art of blaming the devil, unseen enemies, witches in the village or some funny factors. In recognition of this, the law focuses on facts and does not recognize the devil in meting out punishment to offenders or law breakers.

The use of the devil or a third person or some silly reason is everywhere. It is used by non performing workers, criminals ( a 65-year old suspected pipeline vandal said he thought the fuel was holy water) and even in government (Jonathan blamed the massive oil theft in Nigeria on other countries).

In addition to those who blame the devil, some people also blame their memory ('oh, I forgot').

The list is endless but the critical thing is the attempt to push away responsibility.

The problem is also the new churches, who preaches only about money moneys money and when it not work it was the devil or the witch.

When Pastors and Bishops and Overseer will stop about preaching about money miracels than nigeria can change.
I never hear one of this new churches preaching about you have to work hard, I know why because this brings no money to this so called great man of God who are flambuante an d jetflying business man.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by nora544: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
Sun of god: Because that's the way the white man has programmed us . . .

Sorry not the white man your pastors teach this when the seed sowing is not working.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by omojand: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Refusal to accept personal accountability for our actions.

This irresponsibility is entrenched from the top to bottom of the Nigerian society - politicians who blame 'political opponents' to deflect accountability, to others conveniently hiding behind the devil when sh1t comes down

Truth is that the devil plays such a prominent role in their lives
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by OLEBRUKU(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Haba, who else we go call na? If d devil want mek ppl stop to call him name, make he kukuma repent...
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by simdam500(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
The blame it on me crooner(AKON)... Dont wanna receive blame sef, d musik no reach him bele
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Born2beRich1(m): 1:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
OLE-BRUKU:
Haba, who else we go call na? If d devil want mek ppl stop to call him name, make he kukuma repent...

If to say you succeeded in commiting crime will you say it is the devil that did it for you sad
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by mazizitonene(m): 2:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Well, because dats his calling undecided and .....
because he's neva there to defend himself tongue
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by sunex: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
dats d sin committed by most people all d time .
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Colynx24: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
Hu else ar we to blame?
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Sirgen05(m): 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
Apart from the devil, your flesh can also lead you to do wrong. This will be confirmed during the millennial reign when the devil will be bound for a thousand years, yet sons of men will still have rebellious dispositions.
sunex: dats d sin committed by most people all d time .
Apart from the devil, your flesh can also lead you to do wrong. This will be confirmed during the millennial reign when the devil will be bound for a thousand years, yet sons of men will still have rebellious dispositions.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Pukkah: 3:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
nora544:

The problem is also the new churches, who preaches only about money moneys money and when it not work it was the devil or the witch.

When Pastors and Bishops and Overseer will stop about preaching about money miracels than nigeria can change.
I never hear one of this new churches preaching about you have to work hard, I know why because this brings no money to this so called great man of God who are flambuante an d jetflying business man.

Those churches do it for selfish reasons. They want themselves to be the life focus of their members.

If the members should be fed with liberating messages such as hardwork and little/unclear role of prayers in the real life, the relevance of the churches (and of course the financial inflows) will drop significantly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2013
Colynx24: Hu else ar we to blame?

Why dont you try blaming yourself.. undecided
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Excellent7(m): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
@OP, Maybe because the "devil" has never come out to contest these allegations against him grin shocked
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by AdeniyiA(m): 3:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
those who blame the devil for misdoings are either fools, Satan's coworker or are oblivious of God's power residing in them untapped. The devil has no power to push or force you to commit a crime, he only brings the idea persistently into your heart, which you shouldn't entertain,else you'll find yourself committing such. The Bible says,in
Proverbs 4:23 . Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Even as God did not pardon Adam because he disgraced n belittled himself by alluding that he was deceive. and by that calling God imperfect in creation, God created a perfect man with enormous freewill to decide and to choose between the right and d wrong.
anyone who fails to take responsibility for the repercussions of his actions but blames the devil is not ready for forgiveness and to forsake his sins.
who knows maybe God who have forgiven Adam if he had been remorseful and ask for forgiveness.
The call of God in Gen. 3 vs 9,may be a call to repentance but unknown to him, he began to shift blame. God was so disappointed in him
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by lazyboy94(m): 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2013
sadDevil do dis do that devil give u money olowa is involved but shey na God creat evil and good... too blind to see devil no go force u
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by lazyboy94(m): 4:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
The devil just dey dey laff dis rum like kilode
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 17, 2013
wat kind of question z dis?na u we go blame undecidedwat kind of question z dis?na u we go blame

Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2013
Joavid: undecidedWell,because the devil is a negative force and a wicked being/spirit undecided

Ofcourse the devil motivates evil,but then, God gave us the sense to choose between good and evil.
So on judgement day,blame the devil grin
i like dis ur signature. It makes sense. Desmond tutu sounds like d name of a ghanian monarch.. Hmm??
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by kayojosephy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
scarter75: Satan don suffer!every wrongdoer blames it on the devil when caught!who is satan gonna blame for all his woes as well?
EVEN THE WORST DEVIL DID WHEN HE MET EVE NAKED WAS TO MAKE HER EAT THE APPLE,HE NEVA TAUGHT OF SEXING HER...
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by shehuAO: 4:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Because devil has no mother and father to defend them,that's why they heap all blames on them when they commit their heinous crime.God deliver us Amen.
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2013
kayojosephy:
EVEN THE WORST DEVIL DID WHEN HE MET EVE NAKED WAS TO MAKE HER EAT THE APPLE HE NEVA TAUGHT OF SEXING HER...

Na wah o..see where una mind dey go cheesy
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by ekea2001: 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
They saw the devil in front of one church crying,he was lamenting..he said this people blame me for everything going wrong in their lives
Re: Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? by rhames(m): 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
The Devil has always been the greatest scapegoat of human beings. It is humans who paint him as having horns on his head, hooves on his legs, with the body of a goat and carrying a three pointed staff. May God Guide us from temptation,.Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer / Hell Is A Christian Hoax / See How Muslims Are Trooping To Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.