Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,469 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer (6673 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / Christians: The Most Confuse / Post A Comment From Your Pastor That Is Worthy Of Quote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
I have been pondering over this time after time but have got no answers. Even so called pastors will only meander around the question and end up coming out with no answer. Now the question is this: If satan tempted man to sin against God, and we term satan the father of sin, then who tempted satan to also sin or rebel against God? Another Satan? If your answer is NOBODY, that means when we all have been raptured and gone to heaven, wont that same NOBODY tempt man to rebel against God again? And we will all start from square-one again back on earth. Please i need insightful answers only. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by tunwumi: 3:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
You can as well add that who created God? Who is His father? How did He come to been?

The Bible said God created heaven and earth but nothing about how God came into been. It is only natural that you leave the origin of immortal alone since u are not immortal and face the challenges of your mortal body.

Satan was created as an angel of God and the Bible made it clear that God knows our intentions beforehand. So he's aware of what he's going to do. Is just like asking for economic importance of termites in biology.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2014
tunwumi: You can as well add that who created God? Who is His father? How did He come to been?

The Bible said God created heaven and earth but nothing about how God came into been. It is only natural that you leave the origin of immortal alone since u are not immortal and face the challenges of your mortal body.

Satan was created as an angel of God and the Bible made it clear that God knows our intentions beforehand. So he's aware of what he's going to do. Is just like asking for economic importance of termites in biology.
My concern is not who created God or satan but who tempted him. O.k let's say God created satan but my question is since God must have created him perfectly, who then tempted him or manipulated his thought. Please don't try to meander around the question by introducing another subject. Let's face the current arguement. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by TheBigUrban2: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
Good question.

Even more questions arise...

If Satan was evil, why did God create satan in the first place?
Who made Satan evil?
Why did God put the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden if it was going to bring problems to humans?

4 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by plaetton: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
tunwumi: You can as well add that who created God? Who is His father? How did He come to been?

Where exactly did the bible tell you that satan was created as an angel?

And if god knows our intentions beforehand, I am pretty sure he would also know satan's intention beforehand, before he even created satan, right?

And by the way, why hasn't god gotten rid of this troublesome satan?
Is god incapable of defeating satan?
Is satan immortal too?

6 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by plaetton: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
chuxyz: My concern is not who created God or satan but who tempted him. O.k let's say God created satan but my question is since God must have created him perfectly, who then tempted him or manipulated his thought. Please don't try to meander around the question by introducing another subject. Let's face the current arguement. Thank you

Your questions are very valid.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
TheBigUrban2: Good question.

Even more questions arise...

If Satan was evil, why did God create satan in the first place?
Who made Satan evil?
Why did God put the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden if it was going to bring problems to humans?
thank you bro, the question de born pikin continuously. God created man on earth, saw no place to cast satan but on same earth(what about Jupita, Saturn and the rest? Or abyss sef) yet he placed the sins of father on us. I think God should try put himself in our shoes.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by qstar(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
chuxyz: thank you bro, the question de born pikin continuously. God created man on earth, saw no place to cast satan but on same earth(what about Jupita, Saturn and the rest? Or abyss sef) yet he placed the sins of father on us.I think God should try put himself in our shoes.

God is footless grin

2 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by emmyskies(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
There's this christian book and movie: Pilgrim's Progress. The writter of that book has a revelation. In his testimony, he spoke of him being told that there are many things that are hidden and will remain hidden till after the final day. He said among those thing is how satan became corrupt. He said it is hidden. But GOD will take it away. That in the next life, such a thing can never come up

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by qstar(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
emmyskies: There's this christian book and movie: Pilgrim's Progress. The writter of that book has a revelation. In his testimony, he spoke of him being told that there are many things that are hidden and will remain hidden till after the final day. He said among those thing is how satan became corrupt. He said it is hidden. But GOD will take it away. That in the next life, such a thing can never come up

*Yawns* Yeah, i've watched the movie.

blah blah blah...
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by mazaje(m): 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
That is the problem with religion, it creates mythical and fictitious problems and later provides mythical and fictitious answers to the problems it created just to keep people in line. . . .

7 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by qstar(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
mazaje: That is the problem with religion, it creates mythical and fictitious problems and later provides mythical and fictitious answers to the problems it created just to keep people in line. . . .

The endless chase... grin
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by emmyskies(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
qstar:

*Yawns* Yeah, i've watched the movie.

blah blah blah...

I'm not talking about the film itself. I'm talking about the writter of the film
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by qstar(m): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
emmyskies:

I'm not talking about the film itself. I'm talking about the writter of the film

I could write better scripts than that.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2014
mazaje: That is the problem with religion, it creates mythical and fictitious problems and later provides mythical and fictitious answers to the problems it created just to keep people in line. . . .
WORD!!! Bro you hit the sword (nail too short) on the head.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
chuxyz: I have been pondering over this time after time but have got no answers. Even so called pastors will only meander around the question and end up coming out with no answer. Now the question is this: If satan tempted man to sin against God, and we term satan the father of sin, then who tempted satan to also sin or rebel against God? Another Satan? If your answer is NOBODY, that means when we all have been raptured and gone to heaven, wont that same NOBODY tempt man to rebel against God again? And we will all start from square-one again back on earth. Please i need insightful answers only. Thanks.
. THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, NO MATTER THE ERA.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by TheBigUrban2: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
RikoduoSennin: . THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, NO MATTER THE ERA.

How does this answer the question? undecided

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2014

There is nothing mythical about Satan.

it's the christians with their twists of fact. See this: god is evil, and Satan is wise, then everything becomes clear.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by twosquare(m): 11:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
chuxyz: I have been pondering over this time after time but have got no answers. Even so called pastors will only meander around the question and end up coming out with no answer. Now the question is this: If satan tempted man to sin against God, and we term satan the father of sin, then who tempted satan to also sin or rebel against God? Another Satan? If your answer is NOBODY, that means when we all have been raptured and gone to heaven, wont that same NOBODY tempt man to rebel against God again? And we will all start from square-one again back on earth. Please i need insightful answers only. Thanks.
no...there is a process of been sealed,which we're going through in this present age.so,when the riches of His Glory is being revealed,you will love God for who He is..... Satan was once called Lucifer(light bearer).satan means 'the accuser'.....i don't know how familiar you're with the Scriptures.Nobody tempted Lucifer,he tempted himself.....he wanted a position reserved for man&GOD said it isn't possible(hebrews 1:5,13.)
Lucifer knew what he was doing to himself....like when something cause a chemical or chain reaction(don't knw what you science students call it). He sort of brought himself to death,(though living,yet dead).When Jesus said, "He was a murderer in the beginning....." Do not think maybe because he instigated the killing of some human folks......no,he murdered himself....something tantamount to suicide(spiritual);before teaching other beings to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by twosquare(m): 11:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
chuxyz: thank you bro, the question de born pikin continuously. God created man on earth, saw no place to cast satan but on same earth(what about Jupita, Saturn and the rest? Or abyss sef) yet he placed the sins of father on us. I think God should try put himself in our shoes.
Satan was casted to another realm called Hell by the reason of Treason but ascended by tempting Adam,coz it's not a crime to tempt anybody....Adam willingly gave satan authority...when satan came to Jesus,he said all these has 'been delivered to me'(luke 4:6). Adam was only looking for a shortcut to glory,just to arrive at the same answer but what he chose was a disaster. Adam knew the person who came into the garden was an enemy but satan was wiser than him by bringing to Adam a colorful proposal. When he(adam) partook of the tree of knowledge of good&evil;he accepted a civilization,a government,an inferior kingdom.....when he fell(i.e lost authority),hell took over and the arrangement of governmental hierachy was rearranged,while man was at the receiving end.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by finofaya: 12:59am On Jul 22, 2014
Wait. Wait. The bible tells us that we will be unfastened from all our worldly desires when we make heaven. What is this you are saying about there being temptation in heaven? You must be wrong. The bible says so.

Proverbs 981.2:7; "You must be wrong".

Take that.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 1:10am On Jul 22, 2014
twosquare: no...there is a process of been sealed,which we're going through in this present age.so,when the riches of His Glory is being revealed,you will love God for who He is..... Satan was once called Lucifer(light bearer).satan means 'the accuser'.....i don't know how familiar you're with the Scriptures.Nobody tempted Lucifer,he tempted himself.....he wanted a position reserved for man&GOD said it isn't possible(hebrews 1:5,13.)
Lucifer knew what he was doing to himself....like when something cause a chemical or chain reaction(don't knw what you science students call it). He sort of brought himself to death,(though living,yet dead).When Jesus said, "He was a murderer in the beginning....." Do not think maybe because he instigated the killing of some human folks......no,he murdered himself....something tantamount to suicide(spiritual);before teaching other beings to do the same.
If you say no one tempted satan, that means when we go to heaven, that same no one will tempt himself and we all go back to square-one. Even if satan tempted himself, that means evil and sin had been in existence in him. Now where did that sin or evil come from?
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 1:14am On Jul 22, 2014
twosquare: Satan was casted to another realm called Hell by the reason of Treason but ascended by tempting Adam,coz it's not a crime to tempt anybody....Adam willingly gave satan authority...when satan came to Jesus,he said all these has 'been delivered to me'(luke 4:6). Adam was only looking for a shortcut to glory,just to arrive at the same answer but what he chose was a disaster. Adam knew the person who came into the garden was an enemy but satan was wiser than him by bringing to Adam a colorful proposal. When he(adam) partook of the tree of knowledge of good&evil;he accepted a civilization,a government,an inferior kingdom.....when he fell(i.e lost authority),hell took over and the arrangement of governmental hierachy was rearranged,while man was at the receiving end.
you are going back an forth sir. Please where was satan casted to after he rebelled? Is it not earth? Even though it's somewhere else aside earth, why was he deprived access to heaven but was given access to earth where man is?
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 1:17am On Jul 22, 2014
finofaya: Wait. Wait. The bible tells us that we will be unfastened from all our worldly desires when we make heaven. What is this you are saying about there being temptation in heaven? You must be wrong. The bible says so.

Proverbs 981.2:7; "You must be wrong".

Take that.
i guess satan wasn't unfasten of his worldly desires while in heaven. Let's be logical bro. Did satan have worldly desires while in heaven? Didn't he still rebel against God?
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by twosquare(m): 6:47am On Jul 22, 2014
chuxyz: you are going back an forth sir. Please where was satan casted to after he rebelled? Is it not earth? Even though it's somewhere else aside earth, why was he deprived access to heaven but was given access to earth where man is?
hell was he casted to.....is like asking why someone exiled from his own country shouldn't go back.he was driven to the lowest realm.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by twosquare(m): 6:58am On Jul 22, 2014
chuxyz: If you say no one tempted satan, that means when we go to heaven, that same no one will tempt himself and we all go back to square-one. Even if satan tempted himself, that means evil and sin had been in existence in him. Now where did that sin or evil come from?
there will be nothing like evil or sin, because we shall inherit the nature of God in the world to come.....like i told you about where sin came from, it is from satan. Like you said in one of your post that satan his the father of sin, so also God is the father of righteousness. Everything is just about entering fatherhood also....satan fathered lies, sin, wickedness. He wants to be a Father like God, so he created his own version. Sin is just another kind of lifestyle that differs from that which God has laid down....it is an inferior lifestyle created or which was births forth in an angel that is anti-God.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by RikoduoSennin(m): 7:54am On Jul 22, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

How does this answer the question? undecided
. Well, my answer is the summary of the matter (Questions) raised. Since more explanation is needed, I will be clear;

1) Satan became the Father of Sin, when he decide to tempt Eve. (Satan means opposer/resister, and devil means liar/slanderer). He resisted God's right to rule and he lied to Eve.

2) Satan sinned because of his own selfish desires- Ezekiel 28:15-17; James 1:14,15.

3)If any man allow his sinful desires to make him sin against God, he will die (James 1:15 etc)

If a man can believe in God who he has not seen with his physical eyes, live a holy life here in this sinful world which Satan and his demon controls with their vices and still come out clean/Holy, how likely will such a person sin against God when the tent of God will be with Mankind and Satan/demons/wicked men will be no more. ( Rev 20:1-3; Rev 21:1-4) Not to mention the fact that Man will be PERFECT again like Adam and the Angels was. If one can remain clean, even with our weak flesh, how much more even with a Perfect body.

3 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by freethinker01: 8:22am On Jul 22, 2014
On a more serious note, the bible needs to be updated on a regular basis and I'm sure so more angels could have rebelled against god ( mayb Michael and uriel)cus he seems to be ego personified. Let-s take for instance, if we have a president like god, don't you think his government wouldn't have been usurped or mayb they could have formed a mutiny against him. Well, as far as I'm concerned, i don't think it's only Satan the xtains are battling with( cus it's obvious god usually cast the rebelled angels to planet earth). And i strongly believe some other angels must have rebelled. My thought.

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by frank317: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2014
My problem with christians is with their refusal to accept they don't know instead, they continue to make foolish their God with useless answers.

How can u call satan (who is supposedly created by a perfect God who knows the past, present and future, who knows every intention, who is all loving and all powerful and blah blah) a father of sin?
What even gave satan the odacity to challenge his all powerful creator? He must be very silly to try that knowing what his creator is capable of.
How did satan succeed in convincing plenty other angels?
Where did the idea to challenge God come from? Who gave him such mind?

How does a reasonable person believe such ferry tale?

1 Like

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by alexleo(m): 9:11am On Jul 22, 2014
chuxyz: WORD!!! Bro you hit the sword (nail too short) on the head.

I was going to give you my own answer until I saw this post of yours. Obviously this shows you are not here to reason with divergent views rather to stick to your already drawn conclusion even before opening this thread so believe whatever you want. Nobody is forcing you to believe in God. Its a matter of choice. What you choose is what you ll get at last.

3 Likes

Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 9:27am On Jul 22, 2014
alexleo:

I was going to give you my own answer until I saw this post of yours. Obviously this shows you are not here to reason with divergent views rather to stick to your already drawn conclusion even before opening this thread so believe whatever you want. Nobody is forcing you to believe in God. Its a matter of choice. What you choose is what you ll get at last.
See me see case o! I carry you for mind when i create this topic? Na by force to comment? This statement really shows you will definitely give a useless answer. Thanks for keeping it to your self. At least you wouldn't have revealed the more how gullible you are. I only need bright minds here please fly away.
Re: Christians: The Big Question Even Your Pastor Can't Answer by chuxyz(m): 9:31am On Jul 22, 2014
twosquare: there will be nothing like evil or sin, because we shall be like God.....like i told you about where sin came from, it is from satan. Like you said in one of your post that satan his the father of sin, so also God is the father of righteousness. Everything is just about entering fatherhood also....satan fathered lies, sin, wickedness. He wants to be a Father like God, so he created his own version. Sin is just another kind of lifestyle that differs from that which God has laid down....it is an inferior lifestyle created or which was births forth in an angel that is anti-God.
everything was perfect before satan sinned. Why do you think we perfect beings in heaven won't introduce an inferior lifestyle? Wasn't satan like God before he sinned?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Speck In Your Eyes / What Do You Expect After Death / Have You Ever Preach To A Backslider Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.