Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Was Adam Created Perfect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Adam Created Perfect? (1242 Views)

What Race Was Adam? And You Say Evolution Is Crap? / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth? / Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Adam Created Perfect? by SeanT21(f): 9:47pm On Jul 17, 2008
Do You think all creation was perfect before the fall of man?

Do YOU Think God intended For Adam to sin?

Could You imagine a world if ADAM and EVE had not SIN?
Re: Was Adam Created Perfect? by AKO1(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2008
Adam was created in the image and likeness of God.

What is God like?

What would it mean if I said I was 'like you'?

Chikena!
Re: Was Adam Created Perfect? by SeanT21(f): 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2008
I know what you mean but If he was created perfect why did he make the wrong choice to begin with?

I do not think he was created perfect. We are not perfect on our own. We are made perfect with fellowship with each other and our creator.

We are all created in the image of God. That does not mean we are perfect.
Re: Was Adam Created Perfect? by GbengaOGA(m): 12:48am On Jul 18, 2008
Every creature of God has a free will power given to him/her by God. This is because God wants to give you modicum liberty. Hence, every creature of God has a soul, even angels.

You need to know that man is essentially a spirit who has a soul and lives in the body (physical container). The spirit is what he uses to communicate with God because God is a spirit and only spirits communicate with spirits. The body is the house of the soul and the spirit. The body is important because without it the spirit cannot have a contact with the physical world. You may also want to know that God in Genesis Chapter One created man (this is the spirit man) but in chapter two, He formed man out of the dust (physical man).

The soul, which is the third compartment of man, comprises of the emotion (to feel), intelligence (to think & reason) and will (to make decision). This will-power of God's creature gives him/her certain freedom (not in its entirety) to make his/her own decisions like the devil made his (wanted to overthrow God). Remember some angels also followed him (lucifer) because they used their will power to make their decision and God did not stop them. After the flood too, duriing Noah's period, Bible makes us understand that the people IS one i.e. had same decision (also from the soul) and nothing could restrain them from achieving their goal. Albeit, I need to categorically state that the freedom that we have should not be misused like Lucifer, Eve & the first Adam. My definition of Freedom goes "Freedom is not the liberty to behave the way we WANT to but the latitude to behave the way we OUGHT to!". That's my own personal definition and I welcome any comments,

So my dear, Adam was perfect in all ways. He was created in the image of the most high and of course operated on the reality of the wisdom of God. In fact, he named everything as a sign of having the mind of God and acting as God's representative (, dominate, subdue and replenish the earth, ) on earth. He only made his decision! Lucifer was perfect in all things before he made that decision! He was even the closest to PERFECTION HIMSELF (GOD). Yet, he made his choice to rebel.

With these few points of mine, I hope I have convinced you and not confused you, lol

Take charge.

n.b: pls pardon any typing mistakes. I did not proof read cos I am feeling sleepy
Re: Was Adam Created Perfect? by tpiar: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2016
no Adam was not created perfect.

when God created him, he (God) did not say perfect, rather he said "good".

although the poster above me is also right because there was no sin in Adam at the time he was made.

(1) (Reply)

How To Control Fleshly Desires / Pope Francis,the Last Pope? / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Sunday 26th May, 2013 How Sacrificial? By Pastor E. A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.