Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well (59012 Views)

Staff Welfare At Kaduna Electric / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / Letter To Zenith Bank Gmd,Godwin Emefiele---Poor Staff Welfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Perfectwazobia: 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Please let our Freedom Fighter MR FEMI FALANA take this up Nigerians will be grateful to you SIR..
Dana Staff: Guys, please allow me apologise in advance because when I'm done talking about my company and how they treat staff, it most definitely will leave a sour taste in your earlier excited taste buds...
I work for Dana Airlines and as we speak, it is the least paid local Airline in Nigeria despite and the most staff insensitive too.

First, there is no such thing as Medicare in Dana Airlines! You are absolutely on your own if you or any of your dependants take ill. As if that is not enough, they deduct medicals from your take home and claim to pay it back at the end of the year (and call it 13th month )...the "13th month" of 2012 is yet to be paid in November, 2013.

Since January 2013, Dana Airlines hasn't paid salaries as at when due. They pay salaries of the previous month by the 21st of a new month...imagine putting the lives of unsuspecting Nigerians in the hands of hungry staff, just anything can happen.

Pensions and taxes haven't been remitted on behalf of any staff since April, 2012 yet deductions are still being made from staff salaries that come 3weeks late.

Now, after staff stood by management throughout the crash/crisis period, they stopped salaries since August and verbally put staff on what they call leave without pay (LWOP) which completely negates the terms and conditions of service as contained in staff offer letter and staff hand book.

Trainings are never done. If any is organised in house, original certificates are retained by HR and only photocopies are handed over to course participants.

We do business in aviation but our family members, even wives and children, cannot travel FOC! As a staff, you are only entitled to one free ticket when one is on annual leave and you annual leave is unpaid, but the reverse is what's written in the offer letter.

In a nutshell, going by the ratings of this conversation, I can authoritatively state that Dana Airlines is one of the most unhealthy place to work because they treat Nigerian staff like slaves in their own country.

Don't get it twisted, they make a lot of money! In the last quarter, Dana made well over a billion naira, yet they are owing staff September and October Salary without any plans to pay. As the Managing Director, Jacky Hathiramani, and his many Indian minions will say, Nigerians will be severely punished for what their Government is doing to us by grounding our operations.
The Indians pay themselves and deny Nigerian staff, that has put in his sweat and blood to serve...the joy of collecting his wages...Nigerians save our soulllll
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Insightful: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2013
[b][/b]PZ Cussons Nig. Plc is another good multinational,not bad in terms of the following:
1. Pension plan in place
2. Healthcare (for spouse and at least 3 dependants)
3. Salary as at when due
4. Car loan/transportation allowance
5. Work life balance:1 hour break time observed, closing time at 5p.m and light outs observed by 8p.m, gymn and clinic available on site
6. Christmas Bonus-13th month salary
7. Leave allowance
8. Employee relevant Trainings (for career growth, oppurtunities for training and secondment outside the country)
9. Emphasis of HSE
10. Monthly Product pack
11. Lunch/Meal subsidy
12. Productivity Bonus
13. Housing Allowance

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by HotPotato(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2013
When would my former Employer, UBA, be found in such a positive listing?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by benolala(m): 7:15am On Dec 05, 2014
grlzone:

Do u work there?

Please can you share your interview experience with Zinox. Thanks
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by grlzone(f): 10:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
benolala:

Please can you share your interview experience with Zinox. Thanks
Can u mail me on grlzone@yahoo.com,as I no longer have access to the one u sent a msg
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Intelligentdude(m): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2015
Great Coy
LordMecuzy:
SOLINA HEALTH Nigeria
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 10:42pm On Feb 28, 2016
donfish28:

Rom oil mills ibadan, is one of the worst companies you can work in nigeria, its owned by the shaimi familes(lebanese). Everybody is treated like a casual even with your degree, the workers work without any safety gears, no staff canteen, no bathroom and toilet for the casuals . Its recently taken over by flour mills of nigeria, still there is no changes, everybody is treated like slaves except the expartriates, God save us from lebanese slavery, lastly no labour union is allowed for a company with staff strenght of over 200 staffs
Fresh FM is taking up issues like this right now. You can visit Fresh FM, Challenge and see Samson Akindele.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by mrlasbil: 1:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
hello.are you an SSCE holder or an OND holder who resides within ikorudu and fadeyi in lagos. A manufacturing company seeks to employ you as a sales officer.forward your cv to babscrownking @yahoo.com before Friday
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Oluwadare: 10:32pm On Feb 29, 2016
mrlasbil:
hello.are you an SSCE holder or an OND holder who resides within ikorudu and fadeyi in lagos. A manufacturing company seeks to employ you as a sales officer.forward your cv to babscrownking @yahoo.com before Friday
can i know abit about the product. thanks.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2017
redsquare:

Isn't it funny what most posters termed as Staff Welfare? So free lunch and drinks, some cartons of Milo at the end of the month or few crates of Guinness products are now staff welfare? What happened to Job Security, renumeration, staff training and development, good work environment, timely promotion and so on. Walahi, hunger don deal with so many 9ja peeps that all think is food. grin

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nostradamus: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2020
Omooba77:

Yea, you are right.........BAT too but I dont like the coy............
bat ke

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese / How Much Does Shoprite Pay Its Employees? / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.