Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Defend Catholic Teachings Here - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Defend Catholic Teachings Here (21770 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / Why Is Songs Of Solomon Always Exempted From Church Teachings ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma: "Infallible" "pope":

"Adam, the father of mankind, looked to Mary crushing the serpent's head ...."

versus

Genesis 3

15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your off spring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

grin grin grin

Is that ^ the way they interprets that prophesy of the seed of the woman ?

Oh. It is marry that is now 'the seed' and not Jesus that will bruis the head of the serpent ?

Smh.

Even a baby can see the blindness then. I think i can remember seeing a pictoral image of a woman standing on the head of a drawing of satan with a sword.

So, that is one of the "infallible" teaching ? Smh
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 8:43am On Nov 27, 2013
Again from that "immaculate conception" document we read:

"... after Christ, we find in Mary the end of the law and the fulfillment of the figures and oracles."

grin grin grin

And again I say: infallible ko, mumuness ni!

smiley
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2013
It is then your words against that of Jesus.

POPE II:

JESUS can't reject his children and what he created. Try again

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matthew 7:22-23).

You are on your own.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2013
God forbid that i should be a part of lawlessness.

My life is mine, i want to save it.

POPE II: Your temperature rises anytime you hear or read the word Pope ah ah, dude he does not know you and doesn't care about you , your insults are useless,worthless and meaningless. People tried before you and they will keep doing it after you . So save your breath when it is still time okay? You can destruct the papacy

if your pope is lawless, what becomes of you ?

If a blind man leads a blind man what will happen ?

Well, its your life.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2013
Syncan:

@Adsonstone, the issue here is what does God actually forbids. You say He forbids making of any graven Image. Yet you support "Decorative images/carvings which Kings used for thrones". On the other hand, you do not agree that they should be "used for or assist worship", yet this is not what you claim, you claim that it should not be made at all. see your 2nd commandment. That's why it is difficult to explain, for you need to be clear what we agree on and what we don't. I had earlier called for such clarity. If the thread will move on, this is actually needed.

I hope this will clarify it.

God forbids graven images generally see exodus 20, leviticus 26:1.

Though, God commanded images to be made in some instances eg the bronze serpent, the ark of covenant.

However, people made images (though not for worship but for decoration) and God was silent about it (as far as the bible records) also does not justify graven images.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 8:57am On Nov 27, 2013
^ good, can you move on now?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2013
POPE II:
Well the Same verse applies to you

How ?

Please explain, i am interested, i am teachable ? Am listening.

Show how that verse refers to me and what i should do.

Peace.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:02am On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma: Again from that "immaculate conception" document we read:

"... after Christ, we find in Mary the end of the law and the fulfillment of the figures and oracles."

grin grin grin

And again I say: infallible ko, mumuness ni!

smiley

Hehehehe. grin

you cant be seriouse!

Such should be childs play. Smh.

I cant dignify such with a comment. Smh for Pope infallibility.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by POPEII: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2013
We have heard your concerns, our brethren answered you, yet you keep insisting .since you refused to open your minds and embrace the Holy Catholic church can you move on ? Or the word Catholic gives you heavenly feelings? Look we tried to help you but if you already have your opinions or have already made your minds, why not leave people who don't want anything to do with you ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2013
It gets worse! Actually, the claim that Mary crushed the serpent's head was not made by just one "pope"! It was made by at least two "popes"!

The document I cited earlier was made by Pius X commemorating the original "dogmatic definition". The original "dogmatic definition" by his predecessor "pope" and namesake Pius IX also said in Ineffabilis Deus: http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_pi09id.htm

" so the most holy Virgin, united with him by a most intimate and indissoluble bond, was, with him and through him, eternally at enmity with the evil serpent, and most completely triumphed over him, and thus crushed his head with her immaculate foot"

grin grin grin

And again I say "infallible" ko, mumuness ni!

smiley

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by italo: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2013
Why should a truthful person be scared his head will be "jammed"?

JMAN05:

Dont toe that line, he wants to jam the head of two of you. beware, that is his method.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by shdemidemi(m): 9:32am On Nov 27, 2013
IDOLATRY IN THE CHURCH!
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:37am On Nov 27, 2013
POPE II: We have heard your concerns, our brethren answered you, yet you keep insisting .since you refused to open your minds and embrace the Holy Catholic church can you move on ? Or the word Catholic gives you heavenly feelings? Look we tried to help you but if you already have your opinions or have already made your minds, why not leave people who don't want anything to do with you ?

Where did you show evidence for Pope's infallibility from scriptures ?

I have been asking you all along, but no one has answered it.
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 9:46am On Nov 27, 2013
And it continues; it doesn't stop --- at least not yet!

The "dogmatic definition" says further that it was fitting that Mary* should be

"so completely free from all taint of original sin that she would triumph utterly over the ancient serpent."

And if Roman Catholics still deny that their organisation or denomination makes Mary co-mediatrix, here is another thing that the "dogmatic definition" document says:

"... in her who, with her only-begotten Son, is the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix in the whole world; in her who is the most excellent glory, ornament, and impregnable stronghold of the holy Church; in her who has destroyed all heresies and snatched the faithful people and nations from all kinds of direst calamities; in her do we hope who has delivered us from so many threatening dangers."

cool

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. " (Matthew 7:21).

So, which directive of the heavenly father did you get this infallibilty doctrin from ?

Anything not from God in his faith is 'lawlessness'.
pointless
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:51am On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma: And it continues; it doesn't stop --- at least not yet!

The "dogmatic definition" says further that it was fitting that Mary* should be

"so completely free from all taint of original sin that she would triumph utterly over the ancient serpent."

And if Roman Catholics still deny that their organisation or denomination makes Mary co-mediatrix, here is another thing that the "dogmatic definition" document says:

"... in her who, with her only-begotten Son, is the most powerful Mediatrix and Conciliatrix in the whole world; in her who is the most excellent glory, ornament, and impregnable stronghold of the holy Church; in her who has destroyed all heresies and snatched the faithful people and nations from all kinds of direst calamities; in her do we hope who has delivered us from so many threatening dangers."

cool

^

I thought the bible says it is only "one" name under heaven and no other that can reconcile man and God ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

It is going to be a very foolish question if you dont give us scriptural backing for it.

Or, are you a lawless bunch ? That you can do whatever you like and call it tradition ?

Where does tradition start where does it end ?

Is it an open cheque to do whatever one likes ?

Dont you know that if it is not the expressed will of the father it is lawlessness ?

So, better validate it as scriptural.

Peace
why ar u hurt??

Answer the questions and stop nagging
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by lacum: 9:54am On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

Where did you show evidence for Pope's infallibility from scriptures ?

I have been asking you all along, but no one has answered it.
mathew 28:19-20
the church was given the authority to teach not d bible. n d pope has d authority as d head of d church

2 Likes

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:56am On Nov 27, 2013
woky: pointless

The bible says you should be ready to give a defence to all men "who ask of you a reason for your faith" ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 9:57am On Nov 27, 2013
woky: why ar hurt??

Answer the questions and stop nagging

Which question ?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by truthislight: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2013
lacum:

Ok.

Lets see what it says:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen." (Matthew 28:19-20).

So, can you show me the Infallibility of the Pope in that scripture ?

*let me get my glasses and read again*

help us to see it please.

1 Like

Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:22am On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma: "Infallible" "pope":

"Adam, the father of mankind, looked to Mary crushing the serpent's head ...."

versus

Genesis 3

15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your off spring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”

grin grin grin
Genesis 3:15 that king James and his hired translators changed to their own test

Read Rev 12, the vases in chapter 12 confirm Gen 3:15
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Enigma(m): 10:25am On Nov 27, 2013
"Jesus the prisoner's fetters breaks
And bruises Satan's head"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VPBc7lXnOQ
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:33am On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

My friend, hear what Jesus says:

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. " (Matthew 7:21).

You maybe in for a surprise it seems.

Better "make sure of all things" my friend the bible says.
the same bible that was writn by fallible people, (as u claim) hw do you knw that the bible is right??,

dont you think that they might make mistake when writting the bible since they ar fallible?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Ukutsgp(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2013
Enigma: Whenever Roman Catholics try to confuse others and to mix up the Roman Catholic Church with "the Catholic Church", it is helpful to point out the following! smiley

When they say or imply that "they" are "the Catholic Church", they are simply engaging in wuruwuru Mathematics. According to their fraudulent mathematics 5-4=5 (five minus four = five) grin

The Catholic Church = Alexandria + Antioch + Constantinople + Jerusalem + Rome!

The Roman Catholic Church = Rome

So, they are simply trying to pass off only Rome i.e. the Roman Catholic Church as "the Catholic Church". wink

In any event, whether it is the Roman Catholic church denomination or even "the Catholic Church", the Bible had been written and "compiled" before either of them came into existence --- by Christians! Hallelujah.

If you want to catch them out, when they say "the Catholic Church", ask them which one e.g. the Orthodox Catholic Church aka Eastern Orthodox who even have a better claim to be called "the Catholic Church" than the Roman Catholic church denomination? wink

smiley
ok now i see
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 10:50am On Nov 27, 2013
woky: it is altogether 'necessary' to salvation for every human creature to b subject to the Roman pontiff

what do you think he was tryn to say?

Afterall Pope Innocet III , Pope Clement V, Pope Eugene IV even Pius IV said something similar

why be say na Pope Boniface own dy tear ya boxers?? grin
enigma hw fa?.^^
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by woky: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2013
Ukuts gp: ok now i see
see what??

Na dis one u go see quick
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 11:49am On Nov 27, 2013
lacum:
the church was given the authority to teach not d bible. n d pope has d authority as d head of d church

To teach what exactly?

Things Christ did not teach?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by lacum: 1:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
adsonstone:

To teach what exactly?

since u know dat jesus tot everytin wat are u doing here?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by lacum: 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
adsonstone:

To teach what exactly?

wat are u doing now, is it not teaching? smh
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by adsonstone: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
lacum:
since u know dat jesus tot everytin wat are u doing here?

lacum: wat are u doing now, is it not teaching? smh

was it not a question you asked?
Have you not answered your question?

Or do u still want an answer?
Re: Defend Catholic Teachings Here by Syncan(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
adsonstone:

I hope this will clarify it.

God forbids graven images generally see exodus 20, leviticus 26:1.

Though, God commanded images to be made in some instances eg the bronze serpent, the ark of covenant.

However, people made images (though not for worship but for decoration) and God was silent about it (as far as the bible records) also does not justify graven images.

OK, I get you. Now this should clarify ours:

God did not forbid making of the Image per say, but making of it for the purpose of worship as god. Why? Because just as you've pointed out, He could not have ordered the making of the bronze serpent or the ark of the covenant with its accompanying images, if He actually abhors images. Ex 25:18-22, Num 21:9.

The Isrealite made Images. 1King 7:25, 29, 1king 10:19-20.

There were Images made for religious purposes, these are not to replace God, but to aid in the worship of God. It is not same as Idolatry, for the represent real objects that have a relationship with the one true God. eg Cherubs and seraphs, these represent true angels who are always in the presence of God, therefore God was pleased to have them made as aid to His worship see Exodus 25:18-22; 1 Kings 6:23-8; 8:6-7. You tend to suggest that it is a specific instruction from God, hence does not contradict your earlier position, yet I will ask you to show me where God also set aside any other commandment. eg, where He ordered man to commit adultery, or bear false witness, or have another God beside him.

From the witness of early Christians: It is evident from the writings of the early Christians eg Eusebius(b260) that they made Images, but there is no evidence that they called those Images God. The catacombs where early Christian martyrs were buried is filled with pictures and Images of Jesus, Mary, apostles etc.

Council Declaration: Just like in Acts 15, In line with the above submission as a summary, the Second Council of Nicaea in 787, defined the situation. If you care, you may want to read it.

Here is a concise Catholic Position on the subject. It is written in a small teaching book used in England.

"It is forbidden to give divine honour or worship to the angels and saints for this belongs to God alone."
"We should give to relics, crucifixes and holy pictures a relative honour, as they relate to Christ and his saints and are memorials of them."
"We do not pray to relics or images, for they can neither see nor hear nor help us."

This is what we believe in, and why we believe in it. Hope it is clear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

Pastor Tunde Bakare: A Bastard Can’t Rule The Yoruba / Pastor Ea Adeboye Phone Number / OPM's Hospital Treats A Muslim Woman For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.