Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,959 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21439 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Has your phone(s) ever been stolen/lost/dissapeared mysteriously, if yes how and where did it happen? Did you get it back?

How did you feel immediately you realised that your phone was gone, with valuable data such as your contacts, photos, etc which might never be retrieved? Did you report to a police station?

And how did you get over your loss, do you still miss the phone in any way?

Over to you Nairalanders, let others learn from your experiences!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Well lemme set the ball rolling. I've been a victim twice. The first time I was robbed, but the second time how it happened is kind of mysterious to me though both occured in similar environment; inside a keke nape in Lagos!
This second incident was about 3 years after the first, occured much earlier this year.
It was over 2 years since I bought the phone, actually I never would have believed I would lose the phone.
Was returning from an event, the phone in the right pocket of the jeans I was wearing that day, and the pocket was a deep one.
So I boarded this keke at some point, sat in the midst of two people, a friend on my left and a lady on my right. My friend and I alighted from the keke, we parted and he went ahead on a different route to where he was going and so did I.
After taking a few steps I felt my pocket to bring out the phone but it wasn't there!
I quickly went back to where we alighted which was a few metres from the last stop. Looking around for the keke or if I could still sight the lady who was on my right(she was the only suspect here), but didn't find either.
Then I decided to calle the phone with my other phone which was in my left pocket, it rang severally but was switched off later.
To cut the long story short I went home after it dawned on me that phone was gone and I would never see it again.
In fact that particular day I collected new phone numbers, including that of my friend(we met at the event), took lots of picures and transferred lots of stuff to the stolen phone but all were gone. sad
Though I was kind of emotionally attached to the phone, I have since gotten over the loss but I do miss it sumtyms smiley
But anytime I remember the unfortunate incident I do wonder how the phone was taken from my pocket without me knowing, I was sure I had it when I boarded that keke! tongue smiley

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ElementG(m): 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lol! Reminds me of when i got duped at ikorodu garage.. Was going to school with a friend of mine.. i was supposed to wait for dis guy at garage.. He juz came back from the US, well lets say he's from the US cos it was his first time of coming to nigeria...

I was waiting for him when dis crazy dude walked up to me... his mouth was oozing of cigarette... (Bleep I WASNT THINKING!!!).. He walked up to me holding a nokia n72 (This was a time when symbian phones were rocking in the market!)... and i was using a nokia 6085 (i miss dat fone eh)..

He told me he was going to "Lagos" for business and he ran outta cash, so he decided to sell his fone to get money... I swear i wasnt thinking and considering factors.. the way he was dressed roughly, plus d cigarette smell oozing from his mouth.. All my concentration was on the nokia n72... cos it was dis fone dat was soo soo expensive and dis guy was offering me the fone for 10000 naira!!!.. chai.. see awoof!

I told him i didnt have up to 10k with me and was juz with 4k and my nokia 6085... The dude agreed to collect d 4k and my fone to give me the nokia n72... (ANODA FUCKUP OF MINE!!!) i wasnt thinking again!!!.. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE STRANDED AND NEEDS CASH OF ABOUT 10K TO TRANSPORT HIM STILL AGREE TO NEGOTIATE DOWN TO 4K AND COLLECT A NON CASH ITEM i.e my fone!!!...

KAI.. I MUMU MYSELF EHN!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He switched on the fone oo, it worked, i even used it to call dat friend of mine to hurry up cos we were getting late for classes...
Finally when dis guy came, i told him about the fone and d cheap price i was getting it..
My american pal was juz speaking grammar.. mehn, see guy, dnt dull urself... u only get to see good fones at cheap prices once in a life time..
I told my pal to chill and dat it could be a fraud ish we were falling into... But dis my US padi wont hear ooo, he was juz rappin and was like... element, dont miss dis chance, dis fone rocks... its soo popular and expensive in the states...
DO YOU KNOW THE GAMES YOU CAN PLAY ON IT!! DO YOU KNOW THE APPS YOU CAN RUN ON IT!!! GUESS WHAT!! I EVEN HEARD IT HAS SATELLITE CONTROL!!! grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD.. CHAI I BE MUMU EHN

Me sef was already imagining and hoping...
Well the battery of this nokia n72 was low, so it soon died when we were transacting...
The dude gave me d fone, i removed my sim from my own fone and gave my fone to him...
I didnt agree to give him my battery along but forgot to remove my battery when my US pal was rushing me... All he was telling me was.. guy dont dull, that fone may be stolen, lets quickly get a bike to get outta here..

He rushed me on a bike and as we were about leaving, i remembered my battery, i looked around to see if i could get the guy..but he was fast gone!!
hmm i started suspecting.. but i didnt feel much tension cos the way dis my guy was hyping me.. he was like... mehn u are damn lucky!! NOKIA N72... LOL!!

When we got to skul, i got down, i tried switchin on d fone but it wasnt coming on.. those who know dis nokia would know that its power button is on the top of the fone.. i bought a lucky pen biro with a tiny mouth so i could use to press d fone... i tried and tried... fone didnt on ooo!!! LOL.. i told my US pal, he was like.. dont worry, shey d fone was dead anyway...

Then i shaked the fone, noticed dat something was moving in it.. which was unusual.. And it felt kinda lighter...LOL!!
I told my pal, he was like..guy dont you know nokia n72 is very light ni... that fone was designed specially!! (CHAI DIS BOY WAS D DEVIL DAT KILLED ME DAT DAY!!! LOL)

We got to class... luckily, there was light in skul... as we entered.. my US pal was already announcin... Yo everyone listen up, my pal juz got a nokia n72..
Every1 was like wow!!!

Okay oo.. lets see the fone... i plugged it and wanted to charge..
1min.. light never show
2min.. light never show
10min.. light never show

Okay, let us open fone ooo to check battery... LWKMD!!!.. YOU NEED TO SEE TEST OF POWER...
We were passing the fone round to see who could force open it... lol

Sumthing was juz telling me that i don chop am jare..
Next thing i said, "break it"
My US pal was like... WHAT?

I JUST SAID IT SIMPLY AGAIN, SEE GUYS... BREAK THE FONE!!!

When they broke it... LMAO.. Lo and Behold!! We were looking at the latest soccer fixtures, premier ship table was staring at us...
And a mirror was in it, which helped us know how much we opened our mouths in awe...LOL!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

MY US PAL... ROTLMAO... HE FAINTED!!!!

Omo US wey never see d level of packaging wey naija peepz fit do...
Forget oo, Aba boys package pass blackberry, infact pass sony sef!!!

DATS MY OWN CRAZY EXPERIENCE JARE!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

160 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Agiemars: 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Yes,i slept off in a bus while cmin 2 abk fr ib in july,i got hme 2 realise dey don hijack d phone fr me while sleepin,it waznt funny @ll cause anytym i ova slept @hme during dat period my dad will jst say "orun to sun ninu bus ti won fi ji phone lo wo e ni osi sun yen"

21 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ElementG(m): 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
LWKMD cheesy cheesy cheesy

Asin eh... see crazy experiences!! grin grin grin grin Sorry dear cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by wellmax(m): 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
Believe me or not this happened today!

My friend (Kate) lost her BB Bold 6 phone 3 months ago. There was only one guy (I’ll call him Dan) in the area when the phone was missing, but this guy insists on his innocence. After much pleading and harassment, the guy was adamant, swearing and cursing. Kate just forgot about the phone.
Fast forward two months later one of her friend said she was chatting with a guy with the PIN and showed my friend the DP; lo and behold it was Dan’s pics. Before long Dan deleted all contacts and wouldn’t accept any. Later on, another friend got him on Whatsapp and pretended to be a Sugar mummy needing a young guy. Na so my Dan just fall. She kept the discussion running for two weeks. Today 18.11.2013, she told Dan it was time they met. She promised him Lunch at TFC, told him not to worry; she’ll pay for everything, and even offered to pick him up. Later she told him that because of her busy schedule and Lagos traffic, Dan should just come to meet her in the office and that she will refund his transport. Na so Dan rush come ooo.
She had already briefed office security of his coming and the plan. Immediately he came, they called her on phone; repeatedly calling her Madam, fooling Dan. Dan was just cool, happy that he has hooked up with a big madam. Before you say jack, plain cloth Policeman came to meet him in the waiting room and sat beside him. Then Kate, the real owner just showed up. Dan wan enter ground. The plain clothe Police man just showed him an ID and handcuffed him. Dan started crying, confessing and pleading.
He’s still at the police station as I write. Meanwhile my friend has resumed Pinging.

53 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Xoxocanada: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
I recently forgot my bb in a taxi and I thought it was gone for good. Two days later a guy called me that he's with my phone. He advised me to come for it at a designated place. Lo and behold, he handed it over to me on D day.

He's my Nigerian hero

43 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by SecretDreams(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
An incident happened to me when I was in JS2, I had this small motorola phone, it was colored screen and at that time, it was cool to have that kind of phone, so that particular day was our open day and many students with parents were coming and going out my class before I knew it, it was gone, I was sad that day I informed my teacher about it, she didn't even show much concern, everybody became a suspect, only God knows how it happened and who stole it, anyhow though its gone, to the thief in case you are on NL, I've forgiven you, but God still dey if you never repent.

Another incident happened to my friend in school not me, he gave his iphone3g to one of our friends to use temporarily, next thing we heard what that he misplaced the phone, it was when he got born again we realized he and another friend of ours sold the phone for 4k at sabo, unknown to us the owner of the phone knew he sold it. Boys are not smiling o.

A particular guy came to spend the night at my neighbour's room back in school before the strike, he's from the north but he schools at kwara, he just came to spend the night and planned to go to lagos for his I.T, na so the next morning phone disappear, o boi this guy vex, all the contacts of the people he was going to meet at lagos, the thief no even pity am drop his sim, he even called the number and the thief was laughing on phone, na so this guy vex call him brother say make them make the thief go mad with Jazz. Lol ! Come see how boys comot room small small. Na who wan use head suffer for something wey he no sabi about, and his friend later said he used to be the president of their christian fellowship back in secondary school, christian brother wey wan run person mad ontop phone. God dey.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Adex097: 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2013

None so far....and I pray never to experience such

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by J0nyb0y(m): 6:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Na 4 camp dem m0ve my 2 phones wen i dey sleep...
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by iluvweed(m): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
MINE WAS STOLEN ON MY WAY TO SYNAGOGUE

BUT I WAS LUCKY TO HAVE PASTOR TB JOSHUA'S PIC AS MY WALLPAPER

WELL...I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NEXT BUT ON GETTING HOME GUESS WHAT I SAW... shocked

MY PHONE FULLY CHARGED AND ALSO ALL THE DENTS AND SCARS ON IT HAD GONE!

3YRS USED PHONE TURNED BRAND NEW....... grin

THANKS TO TBJ'S PICTURE........... wink

#In Onazi's voice......I Love TBJ....

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Xoxocanada: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
J0nyb0y: Na 4 camp dem m0ve my 2 phones wen i dey sleep...

Dots holy theft grin
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by LONGFELLOW02(m): 6:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
[size=30pt]JAMB QUESTION[/size]
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by obainojazz(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
menn...mine was terrible...it was ontop naija bridge...it fell inside...so i jumped...swimmed for like 20km...killed 99sharks...made ten blind...it was one blue whale dat swallowed it sha...dat was wen i remembered am using the phone to type this lie

30 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Swiftboy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2013
I was rubbed on my way to the vigil.3 weed smoking macho men ambushed me that night with a locally made pistols, brand new matchetes and small axes.Was not scared cos that will aggravate their violent instinct! I knowing there is no way to escape,I was like bros easy I no go run...'they were like run now make we see'! They said 'hope you know say you go drop something' I replied 'bros na vigil I dey go oh...make we go together now' 'una done ready' one of them laughed and said 'we resemble pastor abi? Wetin dey your pocket' na soo them commot my phone oh! I cooperate well its just my nokia express music...I even collected my sim card and memory card...we bade each other good byes lol.I still laugh till today! Me no go let anybody send me to clinic,collect my phone ontop lailai! grincheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Elcapo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Person wan pick ma phone yesterday or make I say he don remove am gan.. nah god save me I just got dis feeling that smth was missing on me cheesy cheesy cheesy I quick quick slapped d guy beside me lipsrsealed don't knw he was d one tho. But I guessed ryt & he was lyk emmmmm emmmm I saw ur phone on d floor and I... I.....I was abt returning it ayam no thief undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by bank2k4real(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
I guess my one is one...has a full episode of this movie...fone theft..from lagos enroute uyo...lets wait for her to give us the full gist...
Meanwhile check my signature
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by teniola55(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Am coming back,soaking garri with fry fish from "IYA WASILA"...brb
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ngdude(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
Switchd off my bb to save ba3 while travellin in a luxury bus.

Omo, I wake up, bb don waka. cry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by teniola55(m): 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
My experience!!!...hmmm...dat day,i was replying to a post on nairaland when the fone just disappered..oboy!...i cry die...hw could that happen?"THAT WAS MY EXPERIENCE"
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by henchamb(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
mine was on my matriculation day those days at absu( abia state university). it was on my matriculation day and as I was serving my guest including those that I dnt even know. someone among them stole my new phone which was a matric gift from mum for gaining admission to study law. I was receiving calls from guest yet to locate my apartment so I frequently use and drop my phone, all of a sudden I noticed that my phone has not been ringing for at least 15 mins, I started to look for it only to realize that my much cherished express music nokia phone is gone. I really felt bad not for loosing the phone but for my friends that were calling me to know where to locate me and for some who were still in the bus on their way, many of them didn't see me and many accused me of been ungrateful; for not calling back to say thank you for the airtime they sent to me. well it was a blessing as my mum then bought blackberry for me as I became one of the first users of BB then in my hood. (telling this story made me remember those days in school and naija).

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by satowind(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
Armed robbers(nomi phone) attacked me by 2am. Took my e63. I still miss it till date
Pls if u see any e 63 dat is blue check de imei and text me. So I can verify

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
it was in my 100level 2nd semester.i was always a Serious student oh.one day i came out to buy a bottle of coke in the hostel but the shop was closed as i turned to go back,i saw the spot behind our common room where we had a game centre.one evil spirit just pushed me there and i was only on boxer shorts as i sat down to play the game i put my phöne on the chair between my knee i payed 20 bucks and played one game when i was through i went back to buy my coke omo na im i remember my phone by the time i got back to the game shop my fone don vanish.the next morning i saw my sim card by the window.that was the first,last and only day i played any video game outside my house.i didnt feel much pain cus i blamed myself at least the person left me my sim card.i am still looking for the evil spirit.
I still remember my friend he wanted to sleep so he put his phone under his pillow we warn the guy but im say he b general nobody fit thief im fone.by the next morning his fones vanish.the criminals tore the window net tore d pilliow casing and pulled out the fone.general no feel one thing.hostel thieves they act like spirit the can steal phone from a locked cupboard and wen u cum back u still meet it locked.as one guy said the can steal it even in ur boxer.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by slimthugchimee(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mtchwwww

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by prynsex(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
satowind: Armed robbers(nomi phone) attacked me by 2am. Took my e63. I still miss it till date
Pls if u see any e 63 dat is blue check de imei and text me. So I can verify
u go c am o

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Sknda(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2013
A daily morning devotional blog for you www.gospelshower..com

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by skullz: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
My own happened years back at all airforce games, i put my fone inside my tight boxers sleep cos criminals full ma hostel. Mehn as i sleep dem tear my boxers shift my preek collect my phone. I woke up to see my torn boxers...I no fit shout!

22 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ellagal(f): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
crymine wasa crazy xperience cox it happened ryt unda my nose.I received a call & left d fone on d cushion & was carried away by a movie wen a family frnd came in & said he came 2 greet mumcy.he sighted d fone & decided 2 sit on dat same chair wia I left d fone.he jst stood up & said he was goin,was surprised why he suddenly changed his mind on greetin mumcy & decided 2 leave in such a hurry.I didn't realise my fone was missin until 10min afta he left.as d story goes he denied & kept swearing heaven & earth.his cover blew wen he stole our neighbour's fone again!wat a shameless bastard

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
*sobs*op!y do u remind me of my lost phones...well d way i misplace my last fone is still a mystery 2 me,i was hiding my fone 4rm my brodas and kept it inside ike garri,eva since then!!i neva see my fone again 4 d past 8months.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ajetunde: 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Google Nexus 4 had launched sometimes in November 2012, I preordered the sleek phone from US Playstore through a procurer (O & O Gadgets). The phone came sometimes Mid January (Shipping + purchase = 71,000 NGN) and I was just taking my time to move slowly from my yeye BB to this Android machine.....UNTIL

One unfaithful morning of Jan 2013.....

As the hustlers at CMS would have it, I had decided to leave home very early that morning (office is in VI), got to CMS and found out that there were no buses and you would have to fight your way into one. To cut the story short, my phone was moved from my pocket to an unknown destination while I was struggling to get into a bus. I still can't explain what I felt for the next 2 hours.

I got to the office and started Googling orisirishi grin grin grin, my hope lasted for about 3 days. I later swore to myself that I wouldn't buy a good phone until I bought a car.

IF CURSES WERE WISHES THAT WERE HORSES, THE GUY WHO TOOK IT WOULD BE DEAD BY NOW.

P.S Got the car 7 months after, still no new smartphone.....I'm still using my yeye BB

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Adesam09(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
If u can explain.. Na nice thief take am

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by baffylander(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
Was in camp just shortly after law school...was gisting after lights out with hostel mates while charging my fone..before i know wassap, phone don miss...bearing in mind this was the only priced possession i had at the time especially after drinking the law school bursary away... na so i para go call soldiers, police and civil defence officials but for whr, the phone no show ooo...suspected a guy and after he was searched i almost resigned myself to fate....as per sharp lag boy, i told him i was gonna organise boys to tie him in the bush and possibly beat the fone outta him...he made the wise choice..i was contacted thru OBS to come for my fone as same was found by a 'good samaritan' who preferred to remain anonymous...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tecno Ranked 6th Among Top 100 Admired Brands In Africa / Pls Help. How Can I Share Data On My Mtn Sim / What Are Your Three Most Used Mobile Phone Apps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.