Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,740 members, 7,827,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21473 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
mine was bad.. after my samsung phone was stolen i couldn't sleep for one week.. I was sleeping and dreaming about the phone until God provided me another the following week.. The most painful aspect was the contact I had on the phone.. so many many contacts. I did welcome back though and I got almost all my contacts back because they called. I had a bad feeling that the person that stole the phone might actually use those contacts to perpetuate fraud e.t.c Thank God is in the past now and I don't like anyone stealing any of my things no matter how little it is cuz i just can't stand it and if i mistakenly catch the thief, he or she would lose his/her limbs
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by makzeze: 6:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
A young man came to our mosque that he wants to convert to Islam, and he did. Then he asked for accomodation to spend that night, and some brothers in that house that the mosque is located offered him a space to spend the night, the following money the guy just disappeared with their phones.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Blazinraj01(f): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
My first experience; I was in part 1 then. We had all slept soundly and peacefully in the hostel. We woke up the next morning only to find out 4 phones were gone ( mine and 3 other room mates). That was when one of my room mates said a girl entered during midnight to pack the phones and left without waking anyone (hypnotism). Till today, I still wonder how the girl managed to bolt the door from behind.
2nd Experience; I went for a programme (youths only) in mosque in December. Silly me left my phones (2) and went to ease myself. Before I got back, my phones were gone. Till today, I find it hard to trust the other youths that were there and hardly attend programmes like that again.
For a long time, I was using Multilinks phone and nokia torchlight sad

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by satowind(m): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
prynsex: u go c am o
Nah last yeah grin
prynsex: u go c am o
Nah last yeah
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by networkgenuis: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
This happened three weeks ago.
Me and two of my friends attended the birthday party of another friend and around 2:00 AM we decided to leave the party as it was getting boring.
We boarded a taxi, I was sitting in the front and my friends were at the back.

The taxi only moved a few meters when one of my friend shouted that he forgot something at the party and opened the door of the taxi while it was still in motion(he had too many shots of tequila though) the taxi man seeing that a door is open just stepped on the brakes and the car came to a screeching stop, my friend jumped down from the taxi without a word and in confusion me and my other friend followed suit but my biggest mistake was leaving my phones inside the taxi.

Apparently the taxi driver sighted the phones as he just zoomed off without closing his doors or even asking us what's going on.
I just stood there like a stone staring at him as he dissapeared behind a bend.
I cant forget that day in a hurry walahi.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Tgold1(m): 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
in ma house gan gan... na all dis area thieves... he opened d sliding glass and tore d net wit a new blade, he stole my phone, my brother's phone and my trouses and i kept d sum of #500 4 my students @ school and was abt carryin my bro's laptop in d parlour wen ma mum came .... he dropped d system and ran away, bt left all d materials he waa using

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by mysticgal(f): 6:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
my phone has never lasted for 1 year,i dunno but it gets missing mysteriouslyundecided But this one am currently using is going to stay i promise angry

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by blessedmayor(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
lolz to d topic..never lost phone b4 bt my couizn dt jxt visited lasgidi 4 d ist tym kept boostn dt no one could steal his phn cos he's frm Aba (Abia state)cleming nwa Aba (Aba boi) it was jxt lyk a dream wen both of us was headn home frm lagos island then we got to orile bustp,waitin 4 mile2 bus wic was very scarce nd we needed to rush any1 dt jxt cm out.The funny side is that d guy was hearing music with d phn nd of a sudden he didn't knw wen they collectd d phn nd he was still on with d ear piece....it was wen we had gotn 2 mile 2 he strtd lukn 4 d phn.....

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Mavor: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine wasn't exactly stolen, more like temporarily misplaced. Happened recently. Have 2 phones, an iPhone 5 and a HTC One. Went to The Place in Lekki after work to get dinner. Was dead tired cos I left the office quite late and I was a bit pissed cos I hate eating dinner late but was quite famished. On my way in, iPhone was constantly ringing in my blazer pocket. Wanted to ignore but figured it wont be polite and might be important.

While ordering my take out, answered the call. After ordering, the attendant went to the checkout point and I followed, my call ended and i still held my phone in my hand. Time to pay came and I dropped the phone on the cashier desk to count the money and pay, for some reason, forgot the phone on the desk, collected my takeout and left. Got home and started looking for my phone. Went back to a super-mart I went to after buying dinner, my phone wasn't there. See gbege ooo!!! shocked

Remembered the phone call in The Place. Started sweating when I realized I left the phone on the cashier desk, a place where tons of people pass thru every minute to pay for their meals. 99% of my mind wrote the phone off as gone. I still went back to The Place and when I got in, with a resigned look on my face, asked a random attendant (not the one who served me) if she saw a phone on the desk. she asked what type? I said an iPhone 5. She asked in what kind of casing? I said in a black leather pouch. Lo and behold, she dipped her hand under her desk and brought out my cellphone. Felt really good. Gave her a tip and left. LUCKY ME!!! One of tons of proof in my life that there is a God in Heaven. grin

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
makzeze: A young man came to our mosque that he wants to convert to Islam, and he did. Then he asked for accomodation to spend that night, and some brothers in that house that the mosque is located offered him a space to spend the night, the following money the guy just disappeared with their phones.
rflmao

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hmmm. I entered a one chance bus on my way back from the hospital.

It happened 2 months ago. I borded a bus from Maryland to Ikeja. It was like a normal bus as we were only 5 that entered the bus and completed the empty seats. Just after leventis,the woman beside me just told me to give her my bag. Before I knew what was happening, they robbed the 5 of us that entered the bus. They collected my 2 phones, money, pefume and necklace. Although, they were kind enough to give us back our sims after which they dropped us half way.

Its a day I will never forget in my life because at the sight of the gun I saw,I almost passed out cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by drnairalov: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
I habe lost about seven fones...aii leme say dis one..is not really a theft...dat tyme chinko fones was just nu in market...Nokia N95 waz reigning nd very expensive...My dad gave me #15,000 to go buy a phone

so i got to the shop, asked d guy for any gud fone wit bluetooth, camera nd MP3...he brought out 1 huge looking fone on it...Nokia N95 was inscribed on the pack..N 95 dat tyme was around #90,000 I askd him how much..he said #15,000 (d exact ammount i had wit me) I waz fackn happy... i ddnt even boda to price d fone i said i wud buy it.. I ddnt knw dere waz anythin like China fone den

In my mind i thought d guy ddnt knw d price i thought i hv scammed d guy oooo...he gave me d fone nd i zoomd off..I got home..Momsi I have bought Nokia N95...i was smiling..shown my siblings...only for me to on d fone...nd d fone no het bluetooth...I almost cried...The scamee scammed d scammer!! ..I took d fone to skul (Secondary) and people were like wow..OV yu re a big boi ooo...dem mumu peeps ddnt knw it waz chinko..To cut d long story short my sis went to charge d fone nd left it on a hot plate ..d fone burnt it lasted just 2wks in my hand

Moral of d story..If u think say na u smart pass anoda persn smart pass U..all dat glitterz re not ..Gold..

I hate yu all ...igbo business men *crying

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by cnwamo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
2 years ago I was working at Ajah but had to get to the head office at Ijora I live at Olodi apapa so I went through Boundary Ajegunle was walking when a guy came to me and was ah!!!! Ifeanyi nawa ooo e don tey I said who is Ifeanyi next thing he just grabbed me smiling and shouting Ifeanyi!!!!, I was dumb founded, all the women selling at the market were just saying ah!! Omashe o!!!!, me I no even understand the guy just said sorry wrong person and he left, me being in a hurry and still trying to comprehend what had just occured took three steps before it dawned on me that I should check myself
I had an n97 in my left pocket with 500naira and an e71 in my right pocket with 4k
The sharp guy took the e71 and the 4k, I turned round and the guy was no where to be found, I just sat down by the roadside for like 5mins before I stood to leave e pain me eh!!!!!! Because the e71 wasn't mine, it was a colleagues phone that I went to repair and was supposed to return so I say make I flex am small first grin

Last year december I was going to work early in the morning as usual, I get to work as early as 6am, that morning it was unusually dark and the street lamps weren't on I dunno why, as I came down at Ijora Olopa busstop to follow the back of the police station to get to my office, I was pulled back by a guy I turned and saw 3boys, stern and hungry looking they surrounded me immediately, the shortest of them was taller than me an I'm 5feet 10, so u can imagine
The boys just said oga bring everything, I use my hand give them my torch2 and nokia torch, they began searching my bag for valuable luckily I didn't carry my laptop to work that morning
The boy took the small change in my pocket, I even told them thank You grin.
That phone really pained me eh!!!!!!, cos that's the best bb I've used it never hung one day.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Bobbo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hehehehe.. Back in school.. na so one babe move my almighty N73 oh cry. I just knew that day say she won do something but as a lady I no dit shallow am undecided. e pain me cos that time ehn, I still dey soak the garri. About a week later na so I just feel this unnecessary urge to stroll, na in I see some indigene boys dey discuss price of fone.. I con talk say make I go check since my fone dey lost that I might just be able to buy that.. na in I walk close, vuala, it was my N73. My eyes first pop out. It was like a dream. Fortunately for me two of my guys dey walk down that road too and ds ones ehn, dem don cos casala well for arena. Na in I say make I look say am interested, as I collect am I just move towards my frnds na in dem chase me.. infact dangerous play but den I know the economic cost of that fone.lool.. as dem con reach there na in dem say make I show dem proof oh.. luckily dem never wipe my 500+ photos cheesy. As I land gallery ehn those boys no even wait make I open more than 2.. dem just disappear.. na so I find my lucky fone oh... grin

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by J0nyb0y(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Xoxocanada:

Dots holy theft grin
i dey tel u... I no ft cry
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
never lost my phone before.. only gadget losts before was my ipod.. really sad, cox i lost all my fav songs in the world. sad
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by hammedkola(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
[size=55pt]WHY?....RUBBISH[/size] undecided undecided
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by 12month: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
T gold: in ma house gan gan... na all dis area thieves... he opened d sliding glass and tore d net wit a new blade, he stole my phone, my brother's phone and my trouses and i kept d sum of #500 4 my students @ school and was abt carryin my bro's laptop in d parlour wen ma mum came .... he dropped d system and ran away, bt left all d materials he waa using

my brother Na so dem dey try am for my house... dose area thiefs dem steal our phones tire through net...until we increase our fence, put barb wire...then finally got 2 big Russian dogs of like 80k each...

na now we dey sleep peacefully... grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine was like film trick. I think it was 2011 or so. I was at ozone with a friend..at first, it was with me, next thing I couldn't find it anymore...we called my number tire that day ehn..lol. It kept ringing then later it was switched off.
Now when I remember it I just laugh but then when it happened, I was close to tears! That was the first time my phone ever got stolen. And boy, did it hurt!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hmm! Mine was a miscalculation! I didn't use my head well!

I entered a bus from festac to mile2, 1 guy entered after me and we were d only passengers @d back! Few mins later I felt som1 staring@me, I turned nd d guy was looking n smiling @me, like mumu I smiled back nd I was like: ds fine guy is admiring me!! So I adjusted body turned 2d window and allowed for full admiration!! Minwhile my phone was sticking outa my jean pocket close2 d guy!!
Wen we got 2 mile2, he rushed and came down, den I came down after him from d bus and remembered my x6!! It had disappeared!!Alas! D bobo was admiring my phone!!
no1 in my family. Knows d. True story

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Ohioh: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ok it was this day I was going to school... I just got an iPhone - 1 of d latest @ d time. It was just ova 3 2 4months old! It stil amuses me hw it happened! I put the fone in2 my left pocket as I highlighted 4rm d commercial vehicle I was in! Carryin my skul load n prov. In my 2 hands walkin 4rm where I highlyted 2 d oda syd of d road wer I was 2 board anoda bus wen al of a sudden ds random boy walks 4rm behind tryin 2 make a convo wit me. 1st ov al I reluctant bt he was persistent n I later gav in... Al of a sudden he somhw convinced me dat my perfectly Ok shoe hz startd 2 Open mouth - hw I blivd him I av no idea! So he convinced me 2 stamp my feet on the ground n sed I wz nt duin it properly n offer 2 hold my left leg wit hz hand n manuali help me stamp ma feet on d ground! And dat waz it! Al of a sudden we approach a V-junctn n we went our seperate ways... - Al along I knw sumtin waz wrong bt culd nt figure out wat xactly! After I tuk a couple of steps I felt my pocket n it waz no where 2b found! Nida waz d guy! And dat waz it! I mourned d fone 4 ova 2-3weeks! I felt reali bad... Dreamt abt d fone... It was terrible!
It kinda felt lyk I ws goin 2ru a breakup afta many years ov being 2geda!

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Asabeq(f): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Each time I see a 'tiger clawed face man' I want to ask him for my phone....
I had a serious tooth ache and went to national hospital for root canal treatment and had one pulled out,it was so painful and I felt dizzy.
My brother asked me to wait that he was coming to pick me but I took a cab and went to his office at DHQ. When I got there,even thou they knew we were siblings,they asked me to call him b4 I will be allowed to go to his office. That was when I started looking for my 2weeks old bold 6!! I left it in the cab! I was in pains and kind of uncoucious so I didn't know when it fell from my hand.

I didn't know if to cry for the pain the tooth was giving me or my phone but I was crying like I lost someone and the soldiers were looking at me like I was mad cry
We called and called but when he eventually picked,he shouted at my brother,cursing him with his thick yoruba accent like we were purposely disturbing him and telling him God blessed him through me! shocked imagine And to think the man is old enough to be my father, he saw the way I was looking,swollen face and blood dripping from my mouth still he didn't pity me *sad* *sad*
This happened in september!

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Karleb(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lost my week old asha 205 at the redemption camp and the most fuuniest thing is that it was stolen when I was sleeping, imagine sleeping with your phone in your pocket and waking up to realize that your phone has been stolen. Huh
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by moscobabs(m): 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
It reminds me the day Saula (lagos agbero boss) killed as I enter bus from pen cinema in agege heading to IKEA for interview,on getting to otubu these agbero gIt's cross our way and start beating the driver and conductor on allegation that they are not suppose to work on the day their boss was killed. as I was trying to get out from the bus. na so one rat among those boys slap me and lock my trouser,remove my phone and throw to other guy, then I stated pursuing them untill i fell inside the gulter with my file that contained my credentials.

I cried,I couldn't go to the interview again cos I did not know the address of the company except I get the phone to find d address.But it was funny when I caller the phone in d evening and a lady picked it and instructed me to come and collect the phone.I got there and she returned the phone to me But the #200 credit on that 1St Nokia phone with Radio (2300)has gone.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by asog: 7:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mine happened in 2009, I didn't know there was anything like one chance taxi. Was expecting my fiance that day, so went to make my hair to look sweet. On my way back from the saloon, couldn't get a bus so had to enter a pick and drop taxi. There were 4 people in the taxi, a guy in front and 2 guys and a girl behind, d cab was a small car. When they stopped fir me, I was reluctant to enter cos there was little space left. The guy in front sharply came out fir me to enter inside and convinced me that the space will be enough. When I entered, my hand bag was by d driver's side. Unknowingly to me, the guys behind opened my bag and collected my wallet and my newly bought Nokia E71(a very tec phone then). All of a sudden the guy behind started shouting that am occupying the whole space that the driver should drop me. The drive sharply stopped and said that I should come down that there is no space and am making the other guy uncomfortable. I was very bitter and angrily came down. When I came down I saw a bus and I entered, on getting to my bus stop, the conductor asked for my money, that was when I realised that I have been robbed. I explained everything to them and they were shocked that I have never heard of that robbery strategy. The bus driver allowed me to go without paying. The sad memory of losing my #50,000 phone that I didn't even use for upto 2weeks still hurts.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by wiilly02(m): 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Alrite...d 1st phne i lost was my nokia symbian phne...dat was bak in 100lv...den they used 2 group us engine studnts wit agric durin chem praticals....elect n mech engine stdnts wer in lab 1 den agric n computer engn wer in lab 2...so i was in lab1...b4 d pratical startd,i gav my frnd in compu engn my phone,wen d pratical waz over she was about 2 return d phone wen sum nigga 4rm agric pretended 2 b me n took d phone...mehn wen she told me i was sad....nt bkus d phne was missin bt bkus of my eti sim dat waz in it...i told ha nt 2 wori sha...a mnth afta dat my guy datz in chem engn said he saw a phne dat lukd like mine wit 1 chem engn guy durin biometrics....

We went 2 hijack d guy,luckly 4 us d guy was cool-headed n he told us dat he bot d pne 4rm 1 spen*** guy in agric...as engin guys we settld d mata n i told im dat i'l kum bak in d evnin wit my frndz...rain fel dat evnin,so d nx day i placd a kal 2 my frnd n told him 2 kal in d calvary....

Wen we got der,i kald d chem engine guy n told him 2 kum out wit spen*** n meet us outside hal3,kus dez no way we kuld take d battle 2 deir home(hal3) n win,wen d spenc** guy saw us he was visibly afraid....afta tokin,d spen*** guy said d chem engn shuld gv us d phne afta lyin dat he bot d phne 4rm anoda guy 2....i waz jus lafin kuz i knew dat he was d culprit bkus mst of his course mates told me dat he was a thief,dev caught him alot of timez in hal3 bt 4 d sake of peace i tuk my phne n 4gt abt d incident....wen i saw d chem guy a week later he told me dat he seizd spenc** bb bkus he knew that spencer stole d phone,i smild n told him 2 nt 2 giv spenc** d phne bak
Sori 4 d long story...btw shout out 2 my guys mi**,je**,six*** n mich***....u guys trully helpd me out dat day...love u guys!!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
I've never lost my phone before undecided

Meanwhile. . . . Read a Nairalander's romantic experience at work today

www.nairaland.com/1522522/wonderful-experience-must-read grin grin

#TeamGOM
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by DrummaBoy(m): 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
It was about 2007. I was still struggling in the Nigerian Labor Market. A good friend had dashed me this Nokia phone (those ones with torch light). This faithful afternoon, I was returning from Church. I went to see someone at the UCH, Ibadan and was coming out of the East Gate heading to my humble bachelor abode.

The road was diserted as it is usual with Sunday afternoon and I so I settled for a bike to take me to gate. The bike I got had another fellow on it. It is not unusual in to sit two at the back of the rider in IB city. So I hopped on but something was amiss. First, the bike was not the regular commercial one that should have a leg rest for the two sitters at the back. This one had just one. But I was too tired to protest.

Another thing was that these guys put in their middle: strange indeed as, usually if I am not a lady, I should sit behind the person already on the bike if he is male and I am male. But the guy shifted and beckoned for me to sit in the middle. Again I didn't protest. Then, I propoesed a rather ridiculous price for the ride and the driver agreed without bargaining. And then, lastly, they headed the wrong direction. Instead of heading to Total Garden, they headed toward the Secretariat. I still did not protest.

When we rounded a bend, that had bush blocking the road and ensure on coming vehicles would not see us, the bike man stopped. The other man behind began to brisk me and behave like he was drunk. I was alarmed and after giving a little protest. I took to my heels. To my suprise they did not pursue me. Rather they got on their bikes and ran off. I was there shaking like a leaf but thankful to have been delivered from kidnappers (or so I thought they were).

A man in his car who saw the whole thing came and picked. He asked if I was OK, I said yes. He said he saw them brisking me and as a police officer, he felt he should come to my aid. I thanked him and he offered to drop me at Gate, my destination at first. Then I checked my pocket and realized they had stolen my phone. Without dipping a hand in my pocket, those guys took my phone.

I thank God I can live to tell the story as God has made it possible for me to own better phones since then.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by buoye1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Xoxocanada: I recently forgot my bb in a taxi and I thought it was gone for good. Two days later a guy called me that he's with my phone. He advised me to come for it at a designated place. Lo and behold, he handed it over to me on D day.

He's my Nigerian hero
This is SUPER STORY......
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
cry cry read my signature
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ElementG(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
lol @op... better thank me for starting the comment story.. dis ur topic for boring die tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Block Incoming Call Without Notifying The Caller / The Bitter Experience Of Gionee / What's Special About Iphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.