Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! (21468 Views)

Nairalanders, Share Your Marshmallow Experiences Here / 10 Tips To Keep Your Phone Safe And Private / What Are Your Experiences With Refurbished Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by AbiJr: 8:28am On Nov 19, 2013
my phone has bn stolen upto 3 times * d first one my bros caught him bt by then he hs destroy sim card already, the second one lost whil i was going to buy smthng and the guy use my line for almost a month, it was threewks aftr dat i finish recoverin my nos, i went for a ptogram the new phones was stolen again, upto nw i ve nt gotin al my friends contact.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by prinsaysk: 8:42am On Nov 19, 2013
After being a victim of phone theft so many times I decided to put an application that sends a messge to a friends phone anytime a sim is changed, my phone got stolen again and a sim was changed, I called the number but the theif was unrepentant this was the number, 08053271847. Idiot.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by AbuMikey(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2013
Harbosede02: u dey laff at me ni?? cry

No oo cheesy

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by rachiks(f): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2013
mine was twice, the first one was in Port Harcourt about 3years ago when i was in a neighbours shop. she asked me to look after her shop cause she was going out. i droped my phone on a table close to the door while i was sweeping the shop when this man came to look for what was not even sold in the shop. i told him it was not sold in the shop and he left not knowing he has gone with my phone. after a while, i looked for the fone and i didnt see it. we called the number it rang at first but was switched off later on.

the second incident was on the 8th of september 2013 at sultan beach at badagry. after the whole merriment and jolification, we walked down to the car and my sister's baby was troubling me so i droped the asha 200 on top of the car to pick my sister's baby up. i forgot to carry the phone before entering the car.after sooming off for not up to 20minutes, i wanted to call then realised my phone was gone. i tried calling the phone but it was not ringing and i couldnt go back becos it was late. what pains me alot from the phone was my contacts cos i had two sims in the phone.

my friends own was when we were writing our 1st semester 400l exams. the fone was in her purse which she dropped at the window. after the exams, she couldnt find the purse again. the most painful aspect was that the criminal starting sending people in her contacts messages that she was in a state of emergency and she needed credit of 400naira and she was going to explain to them later the reason for her msg. imagine the kind of money the thief realised cos many people even sent more than the required amount.

my cosin's own was in lagos after visiting some friends of his. on his way back home, there was a msg on his fone. he brought it out to read and the msg was so interesting. he inserted it back to his pocket but when he thot about the msg, he brought it out again to read. on his 3rd attempt of reading it, two guys on a bike snatched the fone from him. he thot he was dreaming, he wiped his face to see if truely it was a dream then he realised it wasnt a dream. he said what pained himthe most was the msg and he felt like crying.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Aaronchez: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2013
My experience is a bitter sweet one and surprising happened at the hospital Garki Hospital Abuja. My wife had our second child on the 9th of Oct at their "semi-private" ward and on the 13th of that same month the phone was stolen from the room where she was the intruder came in past midnight and due to the fact that the semi-private ward dont have doors but curtains made it very easy for the intruder cus we were fast asleep I for one was really tired from running around to get medication for wife n baby then driving to the park to pick my mother-inlaw. It was when my wife told me to help her charge her phone was when i noticed that mine was stolen a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE/4G. Till now the Security dept of the hospital are not helping matters at all and even their so-called cctv na yawa didnt pick any jack and its OD instead of HD camera.Still feel it though even if i've got another one which isnt LTE/4G i miss my daughters pictures so much cus the thief has robbed me of her first fews minutes into this world.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 8:58am On Nov 19, 2013
DrummaBoy: It was about 2007. I was still struggling in the Nigerian Labor Market. A good friend had dashed me this Nokia phone (those ones with torch light). This faithful afternoon, I was returning from Church. I went to see someone at the UCH, Ibadan and was coming out of the East Gate heading to my humble bachelor abode.

The road was diserted as it is usual with Sunday afternoon and I so I settled for a bike to take me to gate. The bike I got had another fellow on it. It is not unusual in to sit two at the back of the rider in IB city. So I hopped on but something was amiss. First, the bike was not the regular commercial one that should have a leg rest for the two sitters at the back. This one had just one. But I was too tired to protest.

Another thing was that these guys put in their middle: strange indeed as, usually if I am not a lady, I should sit behind the person already on the bike if he is male and I am male. But the guy shifted and beckoned for me to sit in the middle. Again I didn't protest. Then, I propoesed a rather ridiculous price for the ride and the driver agreed without bargaining. And then, lastly, they headed the wrong direction. Instead of heading to Total Garden, they headed toward the Secretariat. I still did not protest.

When we rounded a bend, that had bush blocking the road and ensure on coming vehicles would not see us, the bike man stopped. The other man behind began to brisk me and behave like he was drunk. I was alarmed and after giving a little protest. I took to my heels. To my suprise they did not pursue me. Rather they got on their bikes and ran off. I was there shaking like a leaf but thankful to have been delivered from kidnappers (or so I thought they were).

A man in his car who saw the whole thing came and picked. He asked if I was OK, I said yes. He said he saw them brisking me and as a police officer, he felt he should come to my aid. I thanked him and he offered to drop me at Gate, my destination at first. Then I checked my pocket and realized they had stolen my phone. Without dipping a hand in my pocket, those guys took my phone.

I thank God I can live to tell the story as God has made it possible for me to own better phones since then.
Lol!!! You were Hypnotised, i.e jazzed!!!

That's what they use now cos they know pple are getting wiser. Thank God 4 ur lyf
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by yhemini: 9:04am On Nov 19, 2013
My phones were stolen 2weeeks ago (nov 2nd) and on my BIRTHDAY. it was a very bad bday gift to get on a day like that. it ruined my day, at first everyone thought it was a joke but shit got real after we started calling the numbers and it was switched off.

it was a phone I was really attached to; especially my bb. but thank God I have gotten a new one now and also better one.

All day for the thief but ONE DAY for the owner.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
wiilly02: Alrite...d 1st phne i lost was my nokia symbian phne...dat was bak in 100lv...den they used 2 group us engine studnts wit agric durin chem praticals....elect n mech engine stdnts wer in lab 1 den agric n computer engn wer in lab 2...so i was in lab1...b4 d pratical startd,i gav my frnd in compu engn my phone,wen d pratical waz over she was about 2 return d phone wen sum nigga 4rm agric pretended 2 b me n took d phone...mehn wen she told me i was sad....nt bkus d phne was missin bt bkus of my eti sim dat waz in it...i told ha nt 2 wori sha...a mnth afta dat my guy datz in chem engn said he saw a phne dat lukd like mine wit 1 chem engn guy durin biometrics....

We went 2 hijack d guy,luckly 4 us d guy was cool-headed n he told us dat he bot d pne 4rm 1 spen*** guy in agric...as engin guys we settld d mata n i told im dat i'l kum bak in d evnin wit my frndz...rain fel dat evnin,so d nx day i placd a kal 2 my frnd n told him 2 kal in d calvary....

Wen we got der,i kald d chem engine guy n told him 2 kum out wit spen*** n meet us outside hal3,kus dez no way we kuld take d battle 2 deir home(hal3) n win,wen d spenc** guy saw us he was visibly afraid....afta tokin,d spen*** guy said d chem engn shuld gv us d phne afta lyin dat he bot d phne 4rm anoda guy 2....i waz jus lafin kuz i knew dat he was d culprit bkus mst of his course mates told me dat he was a thief,dev caught him alot of timez in hal3 bt 4 d sake of peace i tuk my phne n 4gt abt d incident....wen i saw d chem guy a week later he told me dat he seizd spenc** bb bkus he knew that spencer stole d phone,i smild n told him 2 nt 2 giv spenc** d phne bak
Sori 4 d long story...btw shout out 2 my guys mi**,je**,six*** n mich***....u guys trully helpd me out dat day...love u guys!!!

If I say I understand wetin u write,I dey lie to God and man,and and you be student oh...smgdh

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Element G: lol @op... better thank me for starting the comment story.. dis ur topic for boring die tongue tongue tongue tongue
Ur comment was actually one of the most boring.
But If you didn't comment first, someone else would have. Looolzz jst kidding, it was an interesting experience to read, likewise many others.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 9:22am On Nov 19, 2013
Buoyantic: cry cry read my signature

O.K av read ur signature, you seem to be happy about the theft, right? Why? I don't geddit undecided
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Youngsage: 9:32am On Nov 19, 2013
uj_sizzle: March this year, I was at Lekki Phase one about boarding a bus to go home. 5pm is the usual closing hour for most people, ao we had the usual crowd waiting to hop into the first bus that came around,and yeah there were also those waiting to rob those waiting to hop into a bus.
I was an unfortunate victim.

By the time i got into the bus, i noticed my bag was slightly open. Even without looking in, I already knew what to expect. My phone was gone(the celeb one) and my brt ticket. In that same place were #500 note and my nokia torchlight phone.
It would appear i moved before the thief could complete his mission.

I just sat in the bus completely numb. I wasn't sure whether to cry, scream or laugh sad
Thank God for small mercies, if my nokia torch was taken too i would have actually cried. The stolen phone had my inactive line, while the torch had the active. But I miss that pretty pink phone like madt, and i miss my memory card most of all--Imagine losing my playlist of over 800 songs from every known genre!! angry That one drove me mad mehn.

But like always God dey. I lost that phone and got a sweeter one later cheesy but that doesn't mean i don't want it back though grin

I learnt my lessons, and topping the list was: ALWAYS clutch your handbag to your chest while boarding a bus.
See everyone as a potential robber.
Avoid crowds like a plague.
NEVER underestimate the importance of the regular 'palasa'. Keep your active sim in them. They are the most reliable phones in the market.
Sorry dear, can imagine how you must have felt that day.
My second phone that was stolen had about 2,500 songs, 500+ videos and over 1000 personal pictures on the 8gig m.card.
I was sooo mad that day!! Infact anytime I remembered the loss I almost wanted to cry. That was early April this year... Like you said the lesson was learnt tho. i mean it could have been worse but I thank God i've gotten over it now o cheesy
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Rikidony(m): 9:50am On Nov 19, 2013
Have got two experience..... First i was returning from work @cultural centre Calabar the place was dark i alone was on the road 2going grin wen i reach the gate nw walking inbetween the flowers b4 i knw sme guys just cme out frm the flowers pointed a gun @ me and codedly collect my nokia phone still on 2go
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by youngds: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2013
[size=18pt] A thief stole my phone SG4, so my mom gave me her new Iphone5 because i was very upset & mad, i was so damn happy with the new fone, two days later the bastard that stole my phone return it! & my mom collected her Iphone back!!! That fool shouldn't have angry angry angry[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Alleinad(f): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2013
my phone got stolen this year march. during my siwes program, we were asked to go and dose some chemicals, I knew I wud need both hands and the trousers I wore didn't hv a pocket so I put the phone in my bag. everyone went out n after the dosing, we came back and my phone was gone! it seemed like a joke at first, I felt one of the guys there was playing a prank on me ( they do that alot) . by the time the manager got involved, I knew it was no joke, my phone was really gone.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by jydux(m): 10:22am On Nov 19, 2013
This has got to be my favorite thread in d history of nairaland. Just can't stop laughing...

"Ike garri"
"Boxers torn and preek shifted to remove fone"
"E ti go ara yin sha"
"Bros I need ur help, can I ask u a question"

Hilarious!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by katechris(f): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2013
When i got my Nokia e7 in 2011, over hype dey worry me. Who be u sef?
But as i go visit my guy 4 Eleme Rivers State some weeks later, my story changed. Na around 4:30 am, we com dey dey hear sound. Initially e be lyk sombody loss im key com decide 2 use hammer break im door...but wetin dey worry dat person? Im nono say ppl still dey sleep, abi na only am get compound. The sound was increasing in a malicious staccato, we com dey hear 'shut up, lie down, wey d money'?...water don pass garri. Na Thief!!!
Me n my guy were perplexed, e be lyk our brain no dey booth again. The only tin way dey our mind na safety of life first. Fear bad chai...fear make d sound of breaking door sound like gun shot.
The GentlemenOnTheHighway were visiting room after room, wen dey finally got 2 ours...my precious e7 dey ontop centre table, e no even near my mind in those 7 minute wait 2 hide am. Na so e take go, we collect matchet wipe 4 back, dey took other tins too. But na dat fone pain me pass. Naim i use cover my NYSC year in Gande Sokoto state, na inside i write plenty documentations put.
E no easy 2 4get dat fone.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by freshprincex49(m): 10:54am On Nov 19, 2013
Asabeq: Each time I see a 'tiger clawed face man' I want to ask him for my phone....
I had a serious tooth ache and went to national hospital for root canal treatment and had one pulled out,it was so painful and I felt dizzy.
My brother asked me to wait that he was coming to pick me but I took a cab and went to his office at DHQ. When I got there,even thou they knew we were siblings,they asked me to call him b4 I will be allowed to go to his office. That was when I started looking for my 2weeks old bold 6!! I left it in the cab! I was in pains and kind of uncoucious so I didn't know when it fell from my hand.

I didn't know if to cry for the pain the tooth was giving me or my phone but I was crying like I lost someone and the soldiers were looking at me like I was mad cry
We called and called but when he eventually picked,he shouted at my brother,cursing him with his thick yoruba accent like we were purposely disturbing him and telling him God blessed him through me! shocked imagine And to think the man is old enough to be my father, he saw the way I was looking,swollen face and blood dripping from my mouth still he didn't pity me *sad* *sad*
This happened in september!
your story got me rolling on the floor with laughter. I guess old age does not always come with being Responsible. Sorry jare u will get a better one
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by freshprincex49(m): 11:28am On Nov 19, 2013
My Nokia phone was stolen for the first time about three weeks ago in the Club. I was chilling with two of my hommies when they spotted some of their friends who didn't have a table and invited them to join us. I remember dropping the phone on the table after taking a call, that was the last time I saw it. The annoying part was that I had already ordered for a bottle of hennessey for these greedy thieves. Although My bb was in my jeans pocket, I had all my important contacts on the nokia phone. I still feel disgusted till this day
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by jjk24(m): 11:33am On Nov 19, 2013
freshprincex49: your story got me rolling on the floor with laughter. I guess old age does not always come with being Responsible. Sorry jare u will get a better one
lolz I tink he alredi has 1!!.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by iAMsuccess(m): 11:36am On Nov 19, 2013
Mine happen back @ 2004 ,i was in a local game house,bck then PS 2 dey shack me die,i was using motorola razor. U cnt blv i was charging dis fone right in front me,nt until i noticed no phone rings of any sort,den i decided to check on it,lo nd behold it was gone,at first i started yelling nd cursing,no one told me to cry nd beg,but yet no response,nt until a young boi said 2 me, "nxt tym u av 2 charge ur fone,u plug ur fone nd then insert it in ur pocket". My ppl it bcm a habbit,dat i even do such in my own house. LoL

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ortodox: 11:44am On Nov 19, 2013
quote author=cannonnier]
and ALL ABOKIS hate you too [b]beatch[\b].[/quote]

angry angry angry
U r a phoooool!
i pity ur miserable life!.. eeeeeeediooootttt!!!!!!!!!!
n dont u eva quote me againangry

mchewwwwwwwwww....
useless aboki

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by solacec4t(f): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Had the experience twice.
First was a day to my birthday (last year).I was in a taxi on my way home from work,got home and realised my nokia E63 wasnt with me. I was so confused cos i couldnt explain how it happened.
The second one was this month. On my way to work, I noticed a car behind me moving as if it needs a push...before i could blink my hand bag was snatched from me...n i just bought a samsung S4 which was in the bag with other vital items(I.D card, driver's licence, etc)...i later went to the nearest police station to get an extract...the mumu people said "ah this boys them sef, na their time o".. i felt like giving the officer a slap. i was later told to go get an affidavit first,which i did. well, im over the phone now cos i got another.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by asagal(f): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
ortodox: quote author=cannonnier]
and ALL ABOKIS hate you too [b]beatch[\b].].

[q
angry angry angry
U r a phoooool!
i pity ur miserable life!.. eeeeeeediooootttt!!!!!!!!!!
n dont u eva quote me againangry

mchewwwwwwwwww....
useless aboki

abeg leave d mumu jorrrrrrhhhh.
na dia him resoning finish.

cheer up dear, hp ure beta nw. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by asagal(f): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
incase ure a fone thief n ur here on NL beta repent o. angry
evry day 4 d thief n 1 day 4 d owner. he who has ears, let him hear angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Element G: Lol! Reminds me of when i got duped at ikorodu garage.. Was going to school with a friend of mine.. i was supposed to wait for dis guy at garage.. He juz came back from the US, well lets say he's from the US cos it was his first time of coming to nigeria...

I was waiting for him when dis crazy dude walked up to me... his mouth was oozing of cigarette... (Bleep I WASNT THINKING!!!).. He walked up to me holding a nokia n72 (This was a time when symbian phones were rocking in the market!)... and i was using a nokia 6085 (i miss dat fone eh)..

He told me he was going to "Lagos" for business and he ran outta cash, so he decided to sell his fone to get money... I swear i wasnt thinking and considering factors.. the way he was dressed roughly, plus d cigarette smell oozing from his mouth.. All my concentration was on the nokia n72... cos it was dis fone dat was soo soo expensive and dis guy was offering me the fone for 10000 naira!!!.. chai.. see awoof!

I told him i didnt have up to 10k with me and was juz with 4k and my nokia 6085... The dude agreed to collect d 4k and my fone to give me the nokia n72... (ANODA FUCKUP OF MINE!!!) i wasnt thinking again!!!.. HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO BE STRANDED AND NEEDS CASH OF ABOUT 10K TO TRANSPORT HIM STILL AGREE TO NEGOTIATE DOWN TO 4K AND COLLECT A NON CASH ITEM i.e my fone!!!...

KAI.. I MUMU MYSELF EHN!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He switched on the fone oo, it worked, i even used it to call dat friend of mine to hurry up cos we were getting late for classes...
Finally when dis guy came, i told him about the fone and d cheap price i was getting it..
My american pal was juz speaking grammar.. mehn, see guy, dnt dull urself... u only get to see good fones at cheap prices once in a life time..
I told my pal to chill and dat it could be a fraud ish we were falling into... But dis my US padi wont hear ooo, he was juz rappin and was like... element, dont miss dis chance, dis fone rocks... its soo popular and expensive in the states...
DO YOU KNOW THE GAMES YOU CAN PLAY ON IT!! DO YOU KNOW THE APPS YOU CAN RUN ON IT!!! GUESS WHAT!! I EVEN HEARD IT HAS SATELLITE CONTROL!!! grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD.. CHAI I BE MUMU EHN

Me sef was already imagining and hoping...
Well the battery of this nokia n72 was low, so it soon died when we were transacting...
The dude gave me d fone, i removed my sim from my own fone and gave my fone to him...
I didnt agree to give him my battery along but forgot to remove my battery when my US pal was rushing me... All he was telling me was.. guy dont dull, that fone may be stolen, lets quickly get a bike to get outta here..

He rushed me on a bike and as we were about leaving, i remembered my battery, i looked around to see if i could get the guy..but he was fast gone!!
hmm i started suspecting.. but i didnt feel much tension cos the way dis my guy was hyping me.. he was like... mehn u are damn lucky!! NOKIA N72... LOL!!

When we got to skul, i got down, i tried switchin on d fone but it wasnt coming on.. those who know dis nokia would know that its power button is on the top of the fone.. i bought a lucky pen biro with a tiny mouth so i could use to press d fone... i tried and tried... fone didnt on ooo!!! LOL.. i told my US pal, he was like.. dont worry, shey d fone was dead anyway...

Then i shaked the fone, noticed dat something was moving in it.. which was unusual.. And it felt kinda lighter...LOL!!
I told my pal, he was like..guy dont you know nokia n72 is very light ni... that fone was designed specially!! (CHAI DIS BOY WAS D DEVIL DAT KILLED ME DAT DAY!!! LOL)

We got to class... luckily, there was light in skul... as we entered.. my US pal was already announcin... Yo everyone listen up, my pal juz got a nokia n72..
Every1 was like wow!!!

Okay oo.. lets see the fone... i plugged it and wanted to charge..
1min.. light never show
2min.. light never show
10min.. light never show

Okay, let us open fone ooo to check battery... LWKMD!!!.. YOU NEED TO SEE TEST OF POWER...
We were passing the fone round to see who could force open it... lol

Sumthing was juz telling me that i don chop am jare..
Next thing i said, "break it"
My US pal was like... WHAT?

I JUST SAID IT SIMPLY AGAIN, SEE GUYS... BREAK THE FONE!!!

When they broke it... LMAO.. Lo and Behold!! We were looking at the latest soccer fixtures, premier ship table was staring at us...
And a mirror was in it, which helped us know how much we opened our mouths in awe...LOL!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

MY US PAL... ROTLMAO... HE FAINTED!!!!

Omo US wey never see d level of packaging wey naija peepz fit do...
Forget oo, Aba boys package pass blackberry, infact pass sony sef!!!

DATS MY OWN CRAZY EXPERIENCE JARE!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
omo se gobe
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ugoboss26(m): 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
kulyie: Chooooiiiiii You people made me remember a funny but bad day with alaba boys who sold fake discman for me when discman was still the in thing to do shakara for my friends as a teenager then.lo and behold,i got home and switched it on,e no gree on.i checked the battery,everything and i didnt see any problem,so i called my brother to help me check since i was already getting nervous and agitated.as i was about giving him,the thing fell off my hand and see pieces of card boards,tissue paper,squeezed news paper stuffed in it.infact the whole thing pieces.not knowing they used superglue to glue all the parts together.i cried my eyes out because this was a discman i saved with my pocket money to buy,up to the extent that the money they gave me to buy text book and food,i will add it to the savings and starve myself till i get home.it pained me.i cried for 2weeks up to the extent that my eyes were paining me.that day

i vowed that these alaba boys will not get away with it. I will pay back i held that grudge,resentment and pain in my heart up till my adult years.so 7 years ago,i had this nokia phone i used and it was getting old.the phone was giving me serious problems because i had over used the phone. It has passed the required usage life span .the phone will switch off,without me switching it off,many times it will hang and show some funny things sha.so i changed the case and made it look good,tushed the phone up and sold it to another alaba boy for 10k.i knew that phone will not last him up to 2days before he discovers it is not good,by then it will have been too late.

2years ago,too i repeated the same thing with my blackberry.i repackaged the bb and sold it to them as london fairly used when the bb to was hanging and going blind apart from that the phone was as good as dead.he just presed the screen,checked the bbm and gave me 25k for that phone.

I did those things to repay them for that 4k i saved as a little girl,i will starve myself and wait till i get home,i will use my friends books in school and even trek home as if i was suffering meanwhile it was the money they gave me i was saving for that discman.anytime i remember,i just laugh now....smiley

Hope u believe in the law of Karma
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by ugoboss26(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
prinsays k: After being a victim of phone theft so many times I decided to put an application that sends a messge to a friends phone anytime a sim is changed, my phone got stolen again and a sim was changed, I called the number but the theif was unrepentant this was the number, 08053271847. Idiot.

Wow that's a cool app. pls what phone does it work for? Sorry about ur phone though.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by chiogoezubem(f): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Funny enough, the only time I ever lost a phone was during a church midweek service in 2004.

I got there late and had to sit outside in the canopy. As soon as I got there, I joined in the prayer already going on but that was after I noticed that a young man sat directly behind me instead of in any of the many spaces beside me.

Meanwhile I dropped my purse which contained my old, almost blind, begging-to-be-changed nokia 3300 phone, my keys and church offering. As the prayer was going on, I heard a jingling of keys, buh I didn't really pay attention cos any other person could have been handling their keys.

Still my mind was telling me to check my purse but I didn't want to get distracted from the prayer so I ignored the thought. When the jingling of keys continued a while and stopped, by then a minister was calling out another prayer point, I opened my eyes but instead of checking my purse, I looked behind me and noticed that the young man was still vibrating with tongue praying.

The sight of the young man and his praying style was funny and strange, buh I ignored him. That was my mistake! The moment I faced my front and felt for my purse beside me on the next sit, I noticed that its been opened! I hurriedly checked for its contents and found out that every other thing in the purse was still there except my phone.

When I turned to ask the young man about it, he had disappeared! I was shocked @ the incident cos it had never crossed my mind that anybody could steal even in church. Anyway, apart from the contacts which I had to start gathering again, it was an opportunity to change my phone to a 3310. And since then, to me, no place is that sacred to let down my guard.
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by wiilly02(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
youmour:

If I say I understand wetin u write,I dey lie to God and man,and and you be student oh...smgdh
haba! You dnt expect me 2 write an account of hw my phone was stolen on a social forum without abbreviating....its nt an essay u no! Also,i didnt want 2 mention d names of d people involved datz why i used asterisks,moreover d story's quite clear al u hav 2 do is read it again bt slowly dis time.

Cheers
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Tunagy: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
LONGFELLOW02: [size=30pt]JAMB QUESTION[/size]
ηαωα ƒσʀ уσυ σ
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Tunagy: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
youngds: [size=18pt] A thief stole my phone SG4, so my mom gave me her new Iphone5 because i was very upset & mad, i was so damn happy with the new fone, two days later the bastard that stole my phone return it! & my mom collected her Iphone back!!! That fool shouldn't have angry angry angry[/size]
gυу ησ вσσвσσ υѕ ƒσʀ нєαʀ ʝσʀ...
Re: Share Your Phone Loss/theft Experiences Here!!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nigerians be like " oh, I lost my phone but it doesn't hurt me what pains me is my sim card"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee / What's Special About Iphone? / Confirmed! Samsung Set To Unveil The Note 9. See Full Specs And Leaked Images

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.