Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London (4136 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Military Generals Are Hiding Away In Yola, Deceiving The President - Idris Ahmed / Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by BigB11(m): 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2008
protesting about Yar'adua my foot - Ibori and co breeze into London regularly (at least before his passport was confiscated) buying up properties and the rest, still no protest goes on there.

Exactly!
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2008
McKren:

Kobo

International crime organisations are engaging in oil-for-arms exchange in the delta.

If they don't cripple the activities of these organisations then their wont be any truce because terrorists will continue to have access to arms and will be emboldened.

No kind of talks will succeed in that climate.

The Niger-Delta people have been heard and so too should the Government use this to understand the disaffection of most Nigerians regardless of region. But if we don't check this now Nigeria may be another Siera Leone.

I grew up in PH and I sometimes wonder if anybody wants a society where 10yr olds are in doubt whether its faster to make money joining a cult group than going to school.

@McKren, I agree that this needs to be dealt with now. I do feel that these people protesting may serve to force the administration to ensure it handles the situation in a humane manner, knowing that there are Nigerians out there watching, from the other side. We do not want a case where we have a human rights disaster in the future either.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by BigB11(m): 7:46pm On Jul 18, 2008
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Bode George's house
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Kalu's house
I haven't heard about any protest going on at at Lucky Igb's house
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Ibori's house
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Ota farm
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Odili's house
I haven't heard about any protest going on at Tinubu's house and many many more!

Nigerians continue to target the wrong fellow.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by McKren(m): 7:58pm On Jul 18, 2008
Kobojunkie:

@McKren, I agree that this needs to be dealt with now. I do feel that these people protesting may serve to force the administration to ensure it handles the situation in a humane manner, knowing that there are Nigerians out there watching, from the other side. We do not want a case where we have a human rights disaster in the future either.

I hope he deals with it in humane manner , but lets also remember that it will take a lot more than just talks to discourage the criminal elements from plying their trade. It will be a miracle if it does not involve a military crackdown.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Kobojunkie: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2008
McKren:

I hope he deals with it in humane manner , but lets also remember that it will take a lot more than just talks to discourage the criminal elements from plying their trade. It will be a miracle if it does not involve a military crackdown.

I am not in any way advocating he engage in talks at this time with the millitants, neither do I believe these protestors were protesting to get him to talk to them. I would think that by now he already has mind made up that this is the best route to take. If not, then we may end up like the siera leonians you mentioned earlier.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by redsun(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2008
They should have pelt him with rotten eggs and tomatoes.It is only in africa that thieves are massively and openly respected.Some body is destroying your life and you still sing praises to the person, (HONOUR OF THIEVES)
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by presido1: 8:48pm On Jul 18, 2008
If such protest happened to the extent of changing the venue then the British police is part of it.
Anyway i doubt it happened at all. Every Nigerian in London is busy working to pay bills,
i don't think they have the time to give yara a bloody nose.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by BigB11(m): 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2008
If such protest happened to the extent of changing the venue then the British police is part of it.

I agree
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2008
redsun:

They should have pelt him with rotten eggs and tomatoes.It is only in africa that thieves are massively and openly respected.Some body is destroying your life and you still sing praises to the person, (HONOUR OF THIEVES)

I agree. That is what i have been trying to explain. They worship him but what the hell have he done for Nigeria. He is not a Nelson Mandela. The people in london are not forced to have respect for the dude just becasue he is a DAMN President. It is their country. They can do what the Bleep they want.

[b]Protesters Scare Yar’Adua In London
6 hours ago, 1,392 views

Nigeria’s President Umaru Yar’Adua was disgraced yesterday in London, when he was chased away from the venue in which he was scheduled to hold talks with British officials.

Sources told P.M.News last night that a coalition of over 30 self-determination and rights groups, under the aegis of Liberty Forum, forced Yar’Adua to relocate from The Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, 10, St. James Square, to a rundown building at 8, John Adams Street, London WC2.

The Nigerian protesters who are based in the United Kingdom said they disrupted Yar’Adua’s meeting with the British officials to prevent him from deceiving the Britons about the true situation in the Niger Delta.

pmnewscover-18-july-2008.jpg

“We are here to prevent President Yar’ Adua from deceiving the British people on the real situation in the Niger Delta. We are here to ensure that Britain does not send her citizens to fight the people of the Niger Delta. We are here to tell the whole world that Nigeria is a country led by uncaring political leaders at the centre, which does not care about the respect for human rights and the basic tenets of democracy,’ Kayode Ogundamisi, who led hundreds of protesters, told the British media, many of who had come to cover the event.

The British police watched as the activitist trailed the Nigerian leaders forcing them to relocate, and compelling the president to observe for several minutes the showdown with his entourage. He said that Nigeria has become a laughing stock in the comity of nations largely because of the fraudulent elections that brought many politicians to power, the high degree of corruption in the country and the lack of public confidence in the post election tribunals, most of which he said are ‘in the pocket of politicians”

The protesting Nigerians Representing various groups Including the Nigerian Liberty Forum , Women In Africa , Journalists for Democratic Rights, Odua Republic Front, ORF, Irapada Omo Odua, and sympathetic environmental rights groups, gathered at the Chatham House from 4 p.m., when it was 4.30 p.m. it was then obvious the organisers had a sinister move.

Contact was then made with insiders in the British press who then revealed that the president had been moved to 8, John Adams Street, WC2. The Liberty Forum quickly mobilized to picket the new location , Yar’Adua was picketed and organisers rounded off the remaining segment of the event.

Source- PM News[/b]
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by CH3COO(m): 10:12pm On Jul 18, 2008
SeanT21:

I agree. That is what i have been trying to explain. They worship him but what the hell have he done for Nigeria. He is not a Nelson Mandela. The people in london are not forced to have respect for the dude just becasue he is a DAMN President. It is their country. They can do what the mess they want.

[b]Protesters Scare Yar’Adua In London
6 hours ago, 1,392 views

Nigeria’s President Umaru Yar’Adua was disgraced yesterday in London, when he was chased away from the venue in which he was scheduled to hold talks with British officials.

Sources told P.M.News last night that a coalition of over 30 self-determination and rights groups, under the aegis of Liberty Forum, forced Yar’Adua to relocate from The Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, 10, St. James Square, to a rundown building at 8, John Adams Street, London WC2.

The Nigerian protesters who are based in the United Kingdom said they disrupted Yar’Adua’s meeting with the British officials to prevent him from deceiving the Britons about the true situation in the Niger Delta.

pmnewscover-18-july-2008.jpg

“We are here to prevent President Yar’ Adua from deceiving the British people on the real situation in the Niger Delta. We are here to ensure that Britain does not send her citizens to fight the people of the Niger Delta. We are here to tell the whole world that Nigeria is a country led by uncaring political leaders at the centre, which does not care about the respect for human rights and the basic tenets of democracy,’ Kayode Ogundamisi, who led hundreds of protesters, told the British media, many of who had come to cover the event.

The British police watched as the activitist trailed the Nigerian leaders forcing them to relocate, and compelling the president to observe for several minutes the showdown with his entourage. He said that Nigeria has become a laughing stock in the comity of nations largely because of the fraudulent elections that brought many politicians to power, the high degree of corruption in the country and the lack of public confidence in the post election tribunals, most of which he said are ‘in the pocket of politicians”

The protesting Nigerians Representing various groups Including the Nigerian Liberty Forum , Women In Africa , Journalists for Democratic Rights, Odua Republic Front, ORF, Irapada Omo Odua, and sympathetic environmental rights groups, gathered at the Chatham House from 4 p.m., when it was 4.30 p.m. it was then obvious the organisers had a sinister move.

Contact was then made with insiders in the British press who then revealed that the president had been moved to 8, John Adams Street, WC2. The Liberty Forum quickly mobilized to picket the new location , Yar’Adua was picketed and organisers rounded off the remaining segment of the event.

Source- PM News[/b]
Look at you advertising your foul odor.  Continuing to shit on the thread with your blurry grasp of the English language.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by doyin13(m): 10:16pm On Jul 18, 2008
CH3COO:

Look at you advertising your foul odor.  Continuing to shit on the thread with your blurry grasp of the English language.

Mehn. . . .Chemical Brother, give this babe small chance na lol

Remember you can assault a babe both mentally and physically
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by CH3COO(m): 10:18pm On Jul 18, 2008
doyin13:

Mehn. . . .Chemical Brother, give this babe small chance na lol

Remember you can assault a babe both mentally and physically
grin grin
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 10:24pm On Jul 18, 2008
CH3COO:

Look at you advertising your foul odor. Continuing to shit on the thread with your blurry grasp of the English language.

I told You to leave me alone before i pour my wrath on you. Dont you have anything else to do but chase me on nairaland. Are U mad cause your dumb ass president is not wanted in London? GTFOH!!
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by McKren(m): 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2008
I honestly cant believe someone is attacking someone else's English Language ability in this day and age

Ability to speak english is not a measure of brilliance. The English Language is the language of people from England
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by CH3COO(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2008
McKren:

I honestly can't believe someone is attacking someone else's English Language ability in this day and age

Ability to speak english is not a measure of brilliance. The English Language is the language of people from England
grin grin You have a limited understanding of written English as well. It's not her ability to write that is under attack. I think it's obvious she is in dire need of urgent upgrade in that department; rather, it is her comprehension skill that is under question.

SeanT21:

I told You to leave me alone before i pour my wrath on you. Dont you have anything else to do but chase me on nairaland. Are You mad cause your dumb ass president is not wanted in London? GTFOH!!
see?
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by McKren(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2008
CH3COO:

grin grin You have a limited understanding of written English as well. It's not her ability to write that is under attack. I think it's obvious she is in dire need of urgent upgrade in that department; rather, it is her comprehension skill that is under question.
see?

So what?

Those who thought you english did not teach you how to show respect to others when writting??

especially being constructive when criticizing or being diplomatic??
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 10:43pm On Jul 18, 2008
McKren:

So what?

Those who thought you english did not teach you how to show respect to others when writting??

Leave the dude alone my dear. He is a Man with female ways.

at cho
Rock on with ya smart self.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by CH3COO(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2008
McKren:

So what?

Lol, Mckren I'm sorry.  Those who taught me English told me not to engage in sugar-coated diplomacy.  Wouldn't you prefer I speak the truth, even if it hurts?

SeanT21:

Leave the dude alone my dear. He is a Man with female ways.

at cho
Rock on with ya smart self.
Hiss! You know you like me wink kiss
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by tpia: 11:30pm On Jul 18, 2008
SeanT21: open a thread for people to discuss the Liberian president, and events in Liberia.

Thank you.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 11:32pm On Jul 18, 2008
tpia:

SeanT21: open a thread for people to discuss the Liberian president, and events in Liberia.

Thank you.

Miss Sirleaf is keeping her cool. I do not have problem with her. If it makes you happy make a thread and diss her. I could care less.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Gamine(f): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2008
lol
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by naijaway(m): 11:43pm On Jul 18, 2008
Doubt the story but if it did happen in that manner then it is an insult. I don't know wat anyone wants yaradua to do about hostage takers trying to have a country within a country. And yar adua should stop trying to feed the long throat british govt intentions by going there to discuss peace and national matter with them. It is none of their businessssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
He should go back home and see that light and water comes to stay in Nigeria and then see if Naija's delta will be loud anymore.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by tpia: 11:52pm On Jul 18, 2008
SeanT21:

Miss Sirleaf is keeping her cool. I do not have problem with her. If it makes you happy make a thread and diss her. I could care less.

you may want to go show her some support on this site:

http://www.liberianforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1347

US.-Based Movement Likens Ellen Govt to Taylor's

A group calling itself the Movement Solidarity and Trust for a New Day (STAND) has expressed doubts over the capability of President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf to effectively deliver where her rival and former dictator did not succeed.

And regardless the level of Ellen's contribution to the mayhem, her association with Charles Taylor has never been in doubt.

That said: Did we not again grasp for straws by electing her as the president? Why would anyone believe that a person so closely associated with Charles Taylor would be right to heal this nation?

The people of Liberia know full well Charles Taylor and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf are directly responsible for the rapes, torture, maiming and murders of more than 400,000 of our friends and loved ones.

Yet Ellen has shown no contrition, compunction or remorse for her contribution, often downplaying the severity of this awful tragedy. Therefore, both these individuals are unacceptable as leaders or role models and will not be rewarded for their crimes.

STATEMENT FOR RELEASE

BY: THE MOVEMENT SOLIDARITY & TRUST FOR A NEW DAY (S.T.A.N.D.)

Despite his impressive win at the polls, Charles Taylor could not and did not revive Liberia as president because this vicious warlord is responsible for the cold-blooded murders of tens of thousands of defenseless civilians. Considering this fact, is it likely that Ellen Johnson Sirleaf - his co-conspirator - could succeed where Charles Taylor has failed? We are doubtful.

Seared in our memory are these haunting words: "He killed my ma, he killed my pa, I'll vote for him." Gripped with fear and grasping for straws, the Liberian people allowed Charles Taylor to become president. As everyone well knows, this only prolonged the misery. And regardless the level of Ellen's contribution to the mayhem, her association with Charles Taylor has never been in doubt. That said; did we not again grasp for straws by electing her as the president? Why would anyone believe that a person so closely associated with Charles Taylor would be right to heal this nation?

The people of Liberia know full well Charles Taylor and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf are directly responsible for the rapes, torture, maiming and murders of more than 400,000 of our friends and loved ones. Yet Ellen has shown no contrition, compunction or remorse for her contribution, often downplaying the severity of this awful tragedy. Therefore, both these individuals are unacceptable as leaders or role models and will not be rewarded for their crimes. The people of Liberia rejected Charles Taylor primarily because he murdered our fellow compatriots and wrecked the country's entire infrastructure. This explains why in the fourth year of his presidency, he finally faced the people's wrath, barely escaping alive.

The people have also rejected Ellen Johnson Sirleaf because she financed the brutal war that destroyed a generation, impoverished the entire population, decimated families, and turned Liberians into refugees and beggars. Ordering the NPFL rebels to bomb the residents of Monrovia is unpardonable. The question now is not if, but when will Ellen face the wrath of the Liberian people? Though the date may be unknown, the emotions are certain.

Feeling neglected and abandoned, the people of Liberia gathered their anger and dealt decisively with a grave injustice which many had conveniently ignored. This lesson must not be overlooked. The anger which led to the tumultuous events of 2003 still burns deep in the millions whose lives were disrupted by the actions of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf and Charles Taylor. But again we wait patiently, hoping and trusting that people of conscience will address this grievous injustice in the interest of peace. We're hoping our international partners realize if Charles Taylor could not restore peace to this nation, neither can Ellen.

It is difficult to say with any degree of certainty when their penned-up anger will eventually erupt into a violent rage. However, one thing is certain: a large segment of the population believes Ellen in large part is responsible for their hurt, pain, grief and loss. Without justice being served, it will be difficult if not impossible for these individuals to forgive and forget; especially when Ellen continues to rekindle negative emotions by mishandling post-war reconstruction.

here's another complaint from a Zimbabwean woman:

The Liberian leader also makes it look like Liberia ran the best election after the brutal civil war. According to a report by the Carter Centre and the National Democratic Institute, "One of the most significant complaints was brought by the Liberty Party, on behalf of presidential aspirant Charles Brumskine, who came in third place in the presidential race.

"In a statement issued on October 18, 2005, the Liberty Party alleged that 'at least three aspects of the electoral process, namely ballot marking by illiterate voters, the counting of the votes, and the reporting of the votes counted, have been marred by serious irregularities, bordering on fraud'.

"The Liberty Party contended that many illiterate voters who requested help from poll workers were guided to mark areas on the ballot that did not reflect the voters' choice."

Today, the "international community" toasts the Liberian leader and berates Zimbabwe. But I would like to say to Zimbabweans: Keep on keeping on. After all, prescriptions are easier to make than clinical diagnoses.

Zimbabwe is not Liberia, just like it is not Kenya. And it is the will of Zimbabweans, not Sirleaf-Johnson's, that shall carry the day.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200807180073.html?page=2

at least you'll be discussing something you actually have some level of familiarity with, unlike what you're doing on this thread. undecided
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2008
Please stop posting these old news. Liberia is going upward. That is all I care about. I could care less what those people think of her. She is not my mother. When she makes Liberia into a great nation then we can talk.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 19, 2008
SeanT21:

Please stop posting these old news. Liberia is going upward. That is all I care about. I could care less what those people think of her. She is not my mother. When she makes Liberia into a great nation then we can talk.

Dont they have liberian forums like Dollarland or something?
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On Jul 19, 2008
Isn't it a sign of immaturity when a supposed adult focuses on attacking persons for having a different opinion, rather than focusing on making his own known and learning to respect others for having theirs??

Can we just focus 100% on the topic and not on persons and whatever pictures we have of them?? Can we please act our age for in here? It is a freaking forum, for crying out loud!!
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 12:05am On Jul 19, 2008
davidylan:

Dont they have liberian forums like Dollarland or something?

Im Speechless.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by tpia: 12:06am On Jul 19, 2008
SeanT21:

oh, that's all you care about? cool

Is it by force to post on this thread?

@ kobojunkie: no need to make yourself look stupid. Minimize the ass licking plz. Dont know why you're pretending not to understand what this is about.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by manmustwac(m): 12:08am On Jul 19, 2008
@SeanT21
They want to chase you away from nairaland the same way they chased Yar'adua from London  grin
SeanT21:

Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by tpia: 12:09am On Jul 19, 2008
abi oh.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by shuppie(f): 12:09am On Jul 19, 2008
why can't we just post and ignore other people's comments that we may find annoying,
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by SeanT21(f): 12:10am On Jul 19, 2008
manmustwac:

@SeanT21
They want to chase you away from nairaland the same way they chased Yar'adua from London  grin

That is how it is. They can do whatever. I aint scare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

234next Newspapers Is Dying! / Denouncing Ma Apc Memebership For PDP /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.