Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London (4135 Views)

PHOTOS: Embattled Bukola Saraki dances his sorrows away in Ilorin / Military Generals Are Hiding Away In Yola, Deceiving The President - Idris Ahmed / Boy Stowed Away In Arik Flight To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Nigeria17: 6:41am On Jul 22, 2008
Raqaz what I mean is that , you would have a wealth divided in Nigeria. Rich state of the south and poor state of the North.

We need to reviw the constitution to allow state to collect tax , that way it based power, if not, the north would really be poor. They need to quickly start allowing state, mostly for northern state to collect education tax, vat,petrol tax company tax, airport and others directly. They should stop the federal inland tax from collecting the money. Only state inland tax board should collect them.

Look Balyase collect more money last month, than 7 other states, even with the small population. If this thread continue the northern state would really suffer. 6 south south state collect 40 billion to 19 northern state which collect N40B. The north have to balance derivation or they would be finish. They need to quickly start allowing state, mostly for northern state to collect education tax, vat,petrol tax company tax, airport and others directly.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2008
Nigeria1;;:

Raqaz what I mean is that , you would have a wealth divided in Nigeria. Rich state of the south and poor state of the North.

We need to reviw the constitution to allow state to collect tax , that way it based power, if not, the north would really be poor. They need to quickly start allowing state, mostly for northern state to collect education tax, vat,petrol tax company tax, airport and others directly. They should stop the federal inland tax from collecting the money. Only state inland tax board should collect them.

Look Balyase collect more money last month, than 7 other states, even with the small population. If this thread continue the northern state would really suffer. 6 south south state collect 40 billion to 19 northern state which collect N40B. The north have to balance derivation or they would be finish. They need to quickly start allowing state, mostly for northern state to collect education tax, vat,petrol tax company tax, airport and others directly.

In as much as i wouldn't want to comment on your post for lack of meaning, I wouldn't be happy to leave you thinking that you have made some good point.
Is it only the states of the north that will collect the taxes you are advocating? Will other states that are not producing oil collect the same taxes? Will states that are producing oil collect the same taxes?
If it is all states that will collect those taxes and the niger delta will still have their derivation% then it really did not add anything as Niger Delta will still be richer.
If it is only the northern states that will collect the taxes then you must be a kid to suggest so, the north never needed oil money to develop during the agricultural boom of the early 80s and down. There used to be pyramids of Groundnut in Kanu and Kaduna, they forgot all these because they have started to feed from the Niger Delta.
Don't you know that if it was in the north that we have oil, it would have been a different story, you may even be advocating that they take everything and pay only royalty to the Federal Government.
You may need a rocket scientist to know that your post was one sided but I sure do not need one to tell me that the problem of the North is not because of the derivation that goes to the Niger Delta.
The north can be a force to reckon with if the youths looking for who to lynch, gutter to sniff and human shit to get high on go back to agriculture that used to be the main economic reserve of the north, countries have turned themselves into developing nations through agriculture.
Accept the fact that as long as the north do not look for alternatives they will always be jealous of the niger delta.
Look at how your post is full of collect, collect and collect, I didn,t see you write anything about produce, give or contribute. isn't that a sign that you should think before you post?
I am leaving,  I am running
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Nigeria17: 5:07am On Jul 23, 2008
Any state interested can collect the tax. If you do not want to you dont. If this is collected by northern state, there would be a balance. Let be honest with ourself there are more people in the north than the 6 south south state while would they collect 40 billion each.
Re: Protesters Chased Yar’adua Away In London by Nobody: 5:13am On Jul 23, 2008
Embarrassing! embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oba Rejects Car Gift From Government / Palestinian Statehood Bid: Nigeria Reiterates Her Support / Over 3million Igbos Stranded In Kano-Ohanaeze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.