Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone (36396 Views)

20 Year-old Onitsha House Maid Hacked To Death For Refusing Sex With Boss’s Son / Destroy Recharge Cards After Use.. / Calabar Boy Caught And Burnt To Death For Stealing (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by richoko60: 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
Death penalty is harsh maybe a few yrs imprisonment would have been fair, how unfortunate
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by oluboyo04(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
i think nigeria needs more of judgements like this. We have been treating criminals with kid-gloves in this country that is why the act increase by the day. if you are an armed robber and yu are reading this thread, your own time will soon come.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by richoko60: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
complete1: embarassed any time i hear stories lk dis i weep for ma country,not for d fact dat he was sentenced to death,he deserves it so says d law,,but for d fact dat my visa to d military tech DEPT of America is been delayed,i wud ave learnt alot by now,how to plant bomb send bombs using a computer system,if u tink the corruption and wastage of money done by our politician is goin to end very soon den u're a joke,national confab wont change a thing,constitutional change wont change a thing,,some ppl must die for dis country to move foward nd some ppls lives must b treathen for dis country to move..thousands have died because of d greed of this same ppl.i weep for my country,so blessed yet cursed,so rich yet poor
Bro You have said it all, I wished I was a super hero myself, I would have? Well I comment my reserve
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by pusskhole(m): 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
In Nigeria, is where someone who stole a COW would pass judgement on another who stole a CHICKEN.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by AntiSerious: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
people sre stealing millions in abuja while this poor boy is being hanged...#smh cry cry cry, R.I.P in advance to you bro.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
@Frederickokey: The Nigerian criminal code stipulates a death sentence to anyone convicted of armed robbery. I think that's too harsh too. At least, a lengthy jail term/life sentence will suffice. The death penalty should be for only homicide (murder) convictions.

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by AntiSerious: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
people are stealing millions in abuja while this poor boy is being hanged...#smh cry cry cry, R.I.P in advance to you bro.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Etianwanokon: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
WHAT WILL BE DONE TO OLABODE GEORGE, TAFA BALOGUN, STELLA ODUAH, PATRICIA ETTE, LAWAN FAROUK, THE PENSION THIEVES IN NIGERIA, THE OIL THIEVES IN NIGERIA? YOU SENTENCED A MAN TO DEATH FOR STEALING RECHARGE CARD. WOE UNTO THIS JUDGE

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
obyrich: I dont care if you are a witch, wizard, pen-robber or poo-hole! All I know is that people like you are the real enemies of the masses. Only a dimwit will support such lopsided justice system as we have in Nigeria. This convict for all I care is a hungry, frustrated and misguided youth who deserves pity and rehabilitation! What could keep a 24- year- old man in high school if not planlessness and sheer wickedness of the looters in government? If this guy were from a rich home will he even go to court? Why is Nigeria laws so mean on the poor? If this guy were your brother will you open that maggot-infested buccal cavity of yours to support this judgement? Will your warped mind be at peace with it?

have you ever being robed and your wife and sisters raped before your eyes and your sister had to commit suicide?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by alexola20(m): 6:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by bizfirst: 6:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
kel4soft: Please this should be sent to FP to discuss exhaustively. That judge needs a brain surgery.

Do you have any idea of Nigerian Law? That fellow was charged under The Robbery and Firearms Act. Conviction means death! Spare the judge!! As we use to say in law classes, 'his hands were tied'!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by teemy(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
My question is was it right to deliver a death verdict after the weapon in use was a toy one?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by smscorrect(m): 6:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
i think the judge was drunk when he said it...

visit www.smscorrect.com for your cheapest bulk sms in Nigeria.we sell bulk sms as low as 0.95k to 0.80k and we are widely known and have a good reputation for bulk sms services.Register on our site today and get 2 free units to test our bulk sms portal delivery speed http://smscorrect.com/index.php/register, hurry now and be a part of Nigeria's number one bulk sms platform.If you want to be a reseller we can also help you create a website for you at a very affordable price follow this link if interested http://smscorrect.com/index.php/reseller.For more information call 08159107661
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by tohero(m): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
babanne: Do you actually know what the law says as to the penalty of armed robbery?

Pls what does the law says to those stealing billions of money?
Where is dimeji bankole and stella oduah?
Are they back from panti or kirikiri?
Or they'v gone to baba God by hanging or firing skuad transportatn system??
i 1da If the story is true,na wu dey sell econet recharge card.no b vmobile,celtel,zain or airtel.na econet for ds year 2013..haba!

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Bome01(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
What kinda Judiciary system is this? This is a robbery case, not murder. Are we still that primitive to practise Jungle justice! Its no different from lynching by a mob!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by ceejay80s(m): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
How i wish i was superman...
Nigeria will change by force
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Louisdrake(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
shocked....den why re mst of naija politicians stii alive??

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by searay(m): 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
If armed robber carry gun hit you before, you will know that this death sentence is very mild for this thief.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Shezzman: 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Damn rubbish!!!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by paulworld(m): 6:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
Now which state did this happen 24yrs old still in secondary school are you kidding me though its only the abokis that still attend ss at this age
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Habibuisah1(m): 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
So bad !!!
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
De-Novo:

i truely understand the annoyance of this writter, and i also understand why a lot of people would be happy to condem the judge. but do we realise that the judges are there to interprete the laws our forebears you and i (either directly or through our useless representatives at the national assembly) enacted?

Do we realise that there are separate punishments for breaking into a person’s home at night and doing the same thing in the day, the former being more severe? for robbing people armed and for doing so unarmed? on the flip side, do you know that stealing a hundred naira and stealing a billion under our law is the same? and they both carry the same punishment?

I hate the Cecilia Ibrus and James Ibori’s of this world, but then they never raped mothers, wives, daughters and sisters in carrying out their dastardly acts, they never killed or maimed anyone as far as i know!

How many unarmed robbers have been hung? none ! they enjoyed the same benefits of the iboris – prison terms!

Until our elected law makers change our archaic criminal codes, there is nothing the judges can do!

But wait who am i kidding? do i expect our lawmakers to prepare the noose for their own hanging when the leave office?

lai lai!

@ de-novo
i am still expecting you,it ihas been long that i heard from you
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by ceejay80s(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
onuwaje: 1.And what did stella oduah get for her worries?
2.What did the mofo get when he stole nepa pension fund

LAST BULLET
He shud have been convicted to 5yrs not death sentence
these people u mention above, dem robb wit gun?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Casmore: 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
kel4soft:

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/student-die-hanging-stealing-gsm-handsets-recharge-cards/

if dis is true, den we all must be very careful so as to avois being victim
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by bettercreature(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
They probably sentenced the guy to replace someone important who is on death sentence....because this doesnt makes sense to me its not done anywhere
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Bome01(m): 7:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
collynzo2: Death sentence is for those who do it through guns.
so someone who stole billions of naira should be spared or given a light sentence while someone who stole less than half a million at most at gunpoint should be sentenced to death? Did u even reason before posting this comment of yours?
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by SHAAWA: 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
Etianwan okon: WHAT WILL BE DONE TO OLABODE GEORGE, TAFA BALOGUN,
STELLA ODUAH, PATRICIA ETTE, LAWAN FAROUK, THE PENSION THIEVES IN
NIGERIA, THE OIL THIEVES IN NIGERIA? YOU SENTENCED A MAN TO DEATH FOR
STEALING RECHARGE CARD. WOE UNTO THIS JUDGE

Why should Farouk be in this list? the last time i checked Farouk collected bribe from Otedola, he was not accused for stealing from public funds like the others.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by andyanders: 7:12pm On Nov 20, 2013
well, found guilty by using gun to rob. That is good for him.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by rhames(m): 7:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Magic Bishop: There is a big difference between Armed Robbery and plain Robbery and I am the sure the original charge was for armed robbery a crime that is punishable by death. The daft Journalist wanted to created unnecessary headlines by omitting the initial charge.

In my opinion he deserved the sentence he got.

And No this does not warrant front page.

Sometimes most people tend to read the headlines only but dont bother to read details.
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by phemmy88(m): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
24 year old secondary school student shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

like WTF
Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by whitecat007: 7:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
My fear is, what if this is even a wrong man, who was at a wrong place at the wrong time? The pressure on police to solve case quickly make them pick an innocent weaklin and get false plea through cohesion

Human rights organization must get involved

1 Like

Re: Student Sentenced To Death For Stealing Recharge Cards And A Mobile Phone by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
This should be nollywood film script!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank Broad Street Lagos Attacked And Destroyed By Hoodlums / Suspected Robbers Escape Lynching In Imo After Looting Popular Market (Pix) / Kachalla Baleri Displays Wads Of New Naira Notes (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.