Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,772 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) (12340 Views)

Top 40 African Stadia at the moment / IS NIGERIA STADIA ALLERGIC TO LED PERIMETER ADVERTISING SYSTEM? / Proposed Stadia For Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by ujoinme: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
sks2

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by ujoinme: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
sks3

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by ujoinme: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
sks2

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by ujoinme: 3:25am On Jan 02, 2014
Uyo stadium as at december 2013 picture by dnaijaguy

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by Syenite(m): 7:50am On Jan 02, 2014
If we can renovate some of the larger existing stadiums in addition to these ones particular the Katsina, Port Harcourt and Uyo we can present a strong big for the 2019 AFCON and 2026 World Cup. We can also bid for the world women's championahip.

1 Like

Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by omar22(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2014
Syenite: If we can renovate some of the larger existing stadiums in addition to these ones particular the Katsina, Port Harcourt and Uyo we can present a strong big for the 2019 AFCON and 2026 World Cup. We can also bid for the world women's championahip.

You need one stadium over 70k for the final and 2 stadiums over 60k that will host the opening games, semifinals and 3rd place games! The smallest stadium used in world cup final in th last 30 years was the Stadio Olympico (Italia 90) which was 73k Nigeria will have to build bigger stadiums to host the world cup
Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by Evestar200(f): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2014
omar22:

You need one stadium over 70k for the final and 2 stadiums over 60k that will host the opening games, semifinals and 3rd place games! The smallest stadium used in world cup final in th last 30 years was the Stadio Olympico (Italia 90) which was 73k Nigeria will have to build bigger stadiums to host the world cup
Nigeria dont need to build bigger stadium,,they just need to increase the capacity of the existing ones to 75-90 capacity.
Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by omar22(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2014
Evestar200: Nigeria dont need to build bigger stadium,,they just need to increase the capacity of the existing ones to 75-90 capacity.

Which stadium will they increase to 75k+ if I may ask?
Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2014
omar22:

The Abuja Stadium or a new football stadium in Lagos.

If Nigeria wants to bid to host a world cup, I'll suggest the following cities: Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt, Warri, Uyo, Enugu, Ibadan, and Jos.

For the Nations Cup, Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Uyo and Warri will suffice; if it's still a 16-team tournament. But if it expands to a 24-team tourney, I'll add Port Harcourt and Kano.
Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 03, 2014
For the Womens world cup, I'll go with Abuja, Warri, Uyo, Lagos, Port Harcourt, Enugu and Abeokuta.
Re: Brand New Stadia U/C Springing Up everywhere Across Nigeria (Pic) by Evestar200(f): 9:42am On Jan 03, 2014
omar22:

the national stadium in Abuja, Taslim balogun Stadium in Lagos or they rebuild the national stadium in Surulere to 70 or 80 capacity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! FIFA Orders Factional NFF President Chris Giwa To Vacate Office / Asisat Oshoala Listed In UK Guardian's List Of The Best 100 Female Footballers. / Messi Signs Two-Year Contract With PSG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.