Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? (14022 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. / I Need To Design Site Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Thebrightest(m): 9:54am On Nov 20, 2013
K
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by IAMBREEZY: 9:59am On Nov 20, 2013
So u too dey reserve space smh
Mis Nairaland: .

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 20, 2013
protegesol: Yes i'm asking not because i don't already know that answer. This is just for discussion purposes.
Nigerians are known to always catch on a bandwagon effect.
Any business that booms becomes something for every Tom, D*CK and Harry.

Let's get it straight.
You want an e-commerce site. That's fine.
But wanting an e-commerce site like Jumia is like going way overboard..
You are catching a Bandwagon.

Two businesses can never be the same. Same also goes for websites, so quit asking for Jumia's kind of site and get real with yourselves.

#RealTalk.
What exactly do you mean? No one else should go into online malls because jumia and their horrible service is there, remember before jumia came, there were tons of online malls like buyright, smartbuy and others.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by IAMBREEZY: 10:13am On Nov 20, 2013
Well op i would rather need a quality site,the one that is more better than jumia like the one i'm working on presently.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Bilabong(m): 10:17am On Nov 20, 2013
chiwex: check out this Nigerian e-commerce website that sells ebooks for now known as http://nairamegashop.com and I believe they are in need of marketers to promote their site,by 2 or 3 years time,they will be popular,now,I work there and I know the difficulties we are passing through,but I believe,that soonest,we will start reaping.
i love what i saw on that site but you must enhance the design. And make sure u place ur advert here on [url] http://nairaland.com/campaign [/url]

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 20, 2013
chiwex: check out this Nigerian e-commerce website that sells ebooks for now known as http://nairamegashop.com and I believe they are in need of marketers to promote their site,by 2 or 3 years time,they will be popular,now,I work there and I know the difficulties we are passing through,but I believe,that soonest,we will start reaping.
Your site is just horrible, I doubt you have made any sales. I know my internet connection is poor but I have opened the vanguard site and nairaland. If you built it yourself then make sure your layout is not based on a table, if someone did it for you then ask the person to change the layout so the user browser can display individual information as it gets it instead of displaying a blank page until it gets all the page information.

Nice idea though, I love the idea of a dedicated online book store and might just buy from you if you have the right business books.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 20, 2013
I have done a comparative analysis on jumia and konga. jumia products isn't only more expensive than konga, they are also not readily available and refund takes weeks. jumia might be an international brand but I still prefer konga for all my online shopping.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Revolva(m): 10:28am On Nov 20, 2013
nigerian mentality of anywhere belle face..follow follow everybody wan BLOW grin grin

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by texaco1: 10:33am On Nov 20, 2013
Nothing changes unless you change .
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by lymelyte(m): 10:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Jumia is not reliable at all. I bought a laptop since on the 9th of November and uptil now,i havent even recieve it. I call thier customer agent and they keep telling all sorts of rubbish that my item has already been shipped and that they will soon do this, they will soon do that. Am like,what is soon? You wrote on your website that an item takes about 3 to 8 working days to be delivered and mine has exceeded the said date and you are telling me soon? I wrote several emails,they didn't not even respond to 1.
Anyone having the thought of shopping on jumia should please stop.they can't be trusted.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by simplynola(m): 10:40am On Nov 20, 2013
There's nothing like bandwagon, even Jumia copied the concept somewhere. Competition is a good drive for an economy. Technologies today are intertwined. Why is Kia into cars, why is Nissan into cars, why is Benz into cars. It all started somewhere. If u av that belief you wont move, you can work around it and make it better.

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by simplynola(m): 10:42am On Nov 20, 2013
Dangote's Daughter
Chicolee: What's Jumia?

2 Likes

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by omanifrank(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2013
sir rinky: Only two comment and its already in front page.God will judge you oh MOD.
hhahahah
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:51am On Nov 20, 2013
If you need a site like Jumia, holla at me. NOT free ooo
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by AhWetin(m): 10:56am On Nov 20, 2013

That site needs very serious REWORKING. To start with the logo looks like something smeared together by my 3 year old nephew. I could already tell that it is an off-the-shelf, no-further-work-done CMS specifically PrestaShop. If you want something like Jumai, you would seat down and do proper packaging from graphics to interaction all the way to properly tweaking your cms. A friend called me up once asking to design EBAY naija version. I thoroughly understand what goes into it but it's not just something one person will piece together over one weekend, it needs serious planning all the way to implementation and finally aggressive ADVERTISEMENT/MARKETING.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by curiouslad(m): 10:58am On Nov 20, 2013
Cloning jumia or konga is actually easier than most people think cool grin
Most People think the success of jumia and konga is due to their website, however it involves a lot more than that.
Branding and advertisement is actually one of the main lifeblood of jumia. They have the financial prowess to blow most competitors away with their advertising budget, unless you can be smart about it

Also jumia is smart enough to load their images from a CDN increasing load time! Something a lazy developer would likely overlook
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Richiy(f): 11:13am On Nov 20, 2013
Look what Google did to Yahoo, somebody can still do that to Jumia

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 20, 2013
smiley
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by RockMaxi: 11:18am On Nov 20, 2013
protegesol: Yes i'm asking not because i don't already know that answer. This is just for discussion purposes.
Nigerians are known to always catch on a bandwagon effect.
Any business that booms becomes something for every Tom, D*CK and Harry.

Let's get it straight.
You want an e-commerce site. That's fine.
But wanting an e-commerce site like Jumia is like going way overboard..
You are catching a Bandwagon.

Two businesses can never be the same. Same also goes for websites, so quit asking for Jumia's kind of site and get real with yourselves.

#RealTalk.

Every good business will always have a strategy and we all know that the highest objective is to become like the giant in that line of interest or at most surpass them and you can only do that by doing what they do better.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2013
Jumia runs on Magento platform. so if your clients want that, they should be ready to spend a few 100 dollars.

Don't be complacent as a web developer, you cant do everything. Pay for Magento or buy a premium open cart template.

While you get paid to make it look custom.

like am doing to this www.eko.pixietechng.com
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2013
I started this thread cuz i'm a web developer and i get that request often.

Not saying people shouldn't go into e-commerce business or develop a website with e-commerce capabilities but i have a problem with them making Jumia their benchmark....I've heard three requests in a row all asking for "a website like Jumia". It's always sounds like they don't really know what they want.
And the most annoying part is they don't have a budget that fits the bill.

Hence my #ramblings.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by emmanwandud(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2013
Pls am lost is it joomlat or jumla because joomlat when last I checked it was a content management site used to build websites
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by evantical: 11:41am On Nov 20, 2013
Even jumia website was copied from somewhere.Most things in Nigeria was copied from somewhere overseas. Sunnewspaper was copied from Sun news UK,Guardian newspaper Nigeria was after Guardian News UK. Most hotels in Nigeria were copied from the West.Even Nairaland was copied somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by pee777(m): 11:48am On Nov 20, 2013
i dont think you are right by your summation. Have a look at many of the ecommerce sites they all have different concepts and feels e.g www.our-marketplace.com and others like olx.com etc

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by firstolalekan(m): 11:54am On Nov 20, 2013
SLIDE waxie: What kind of statement is 'why does EVERYONE....'?
Well, i'm part of everyone, i don't want a site like jumia undecided
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Decryptor(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Must every website have the acronym "Naira", "Naija" in the propriety name? Na wah o! Back to the topic...the reason is because of the "copy-copy" syndrome most Nigerians have! Everyone wants a website like Jumia and Facebook but is not ready to make the harsh sacrifices the founders made.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by abbeysteph: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Its a free world do as like nahin we dey
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
i kinda like www.makeisell.com is a post site u can own ur store there. jumia add price alot n get item mixed up. well every human is a learner.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by cold(m): 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
blink182: What exactly do you mean? No one else should go into online malls because jumia and their horrible service is there, remember before jumia came, there were tons of online malls like buyright, smartbuy and others.
I tire o! Such nonsensical PR for an incompetent site with a terrble track record of service delivery. Don't even get me started..mtcheeew
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by tosmartak(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Why should that be of great concern to you unless you are Jumia itself? If everyone decides to copy Jumia, let them be. Jumia started first, no doubt! They've gained ground, sure! So if they feel they can't keep up with the competition of other e-commerce sites rising up, then they should do something about themselves.
In terms of customer reviews and ratings, konga still beats them. If there is no competition, don't you think they will care less about u? I heard of recent, that their products are a bit on the high side compared to konga. If konga is not there, how will you know?
DSTV subscription is high today due to low or no competition.
If not for other networks that sprouted and strived to compete with MTN, do you know how much we would have been duped?
So please, let them be. If they are good enough to keep up with jumia's pace or even overtake them, then, good for them. If not, ...................

1 Like

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
I NID A WEBSITE LIK DIS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng / Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.