Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? (14021 Views)

5 Lies You Need To STOP Telling Yourself As A Site Owner / E-commerce Website Like & Konga.com Needed ASAP. / I Need To Design Site Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by AhWetin(m): 2:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
pee777: i dont think you are right by your summation. Have a look at many of the ecommerce sites they all have different concepts and feels e.g www.our-marketplace.com and others like olx.com etc

mehn those designs are ridiculous. You took stockphotos from all over and couldn't even hide the water marks, graphics sef nawa
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by BluStreak(m): 2:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
protegesol: Yes i'm asking not because i don't already know that answer. This is just for discussion purposes.
Nigerians are known to always catch on a bandwagon effect.
Any business that booms becomes something for every Tom, D*CK and Harry.

Let's get it straight.
You want an e-commerce site. That's fine.
But wanting an e-commerce site like Jumia is like going way overboard..
You are catching a Bandwagon.

Two businesses can never be the same. Same also goes for websites, so quit asking for Jumia's kind of site and get real with yourselves.

#RealTalk.

The reason is not far fetched. The site is superb and I'd say the best e-commerce site in Nigeria in terms of aesthetics, ease of navigation, richness of its graphics and so on. A look at what some Nigerian developers showcase as an e-commerce site will make you wanna puke. Graphics are either stretched or too compressed it won't look appealing. Some combine too many colors or site looks too scanty. So Jumia got it right and serves as a reference point to what is good. Konga.com has a near good e-commerce site but Jumia still is better for me.

And note that when one say, something akin to Jumia doesn't mean the site has to be a Jumia clone. Rather, a site that is beautiful to look at, easy to navigate, categories well laid out and above all, usable.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Sike(m): 3:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
Who no like better thing? Ehn??
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you need a website like this www.buykindlecomics.com, just holla me
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by akinalabi(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Simply because when someone succeeds with something, the others wanna follow.

Happened to me after I launched

Now there are over 100 sports betting websites in Naija.

It is good for the customers. They have more options to choose from.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by lymelyte(m): 9:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
akinalabi: Simply because when someone succeeds with something, the others wanna follow.

So na u dey chop all our money for betting? Chai! cheesy cheesy
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
lymelyte:
So na u dey chop all our money for betting? Chai! cheesy cheesy
And a big congrats to him on that... grin
@akinalabi....Bros i sent you a mail as regards incomeNG. Please revert ASAP.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
akinalabi: Simply because when someone succeeds with something, the others wanna follow.

The difference between winners and loosers, winners are always innovating new business techniques while losers will always copy
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by zangiff(m): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
I give you respect sir Alabi.....full of concept

I give you respect sir Alabi.....full of concept
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 21, 2013

perfect answer.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 21, 2013
protegesol: I started this thread cuz i'm a web developer and i get that request often.

Not saying people shouldn't go into e-commerce business or develop a website with e-commerce capabilities but i have a problem with them making Jumia their benchmark....I've heard three requests in a row all asking for "a website like Jumia". It's always sounds like they don't really know what they want.
And the most annoying part is they don't have a budget that fits the bill.

Hence my #ramblings.
Now I get your point and I hope you are not bending and building those websites for 20k because I dey fear naija web designers, they can even do it for 5k and wonder why they are poor and going nowhere with their life.
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Djmantana: 10:11pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ah feel u r paraniod op
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by elsevier(m): 9:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
I WILL SHOW YOU THE SECRET SNEAKY BACKDOOR IN TO GOOGLE FAST WITH FREE PRESS RELEASES!

Do you have a product, website or something you want to get blasted out on the internet fast?

Get TOP placements at Google in record-breaking time instead of having to wait for weeks.

I know this because I've proved it and I am going to show you a real quick, recent examples of it.

For more call: +234-803-879-2998

This is really sneaky stuff... prepare to be shocked!
Re: Everyone Want A Site Like Jumia: Why? by Raava: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2017
I have an ecomm site that sources product from china at lower prices and sells at a higher prices
here is the site link

www.fanscraze.myshopify.com

I want to sell this high profit margin site because i want to move on to my next project
If you are interested in buying call/whatsap 09098396415
Lets me a deal
Dont worry its affordable.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Present To You, The (voluntarily) Redesigned Nigeria.gov.ng / Please Dont Start A Blog,look For A Good Job / Ransomware Attacks 2017: What Is Ransomware And How To Prevent, Stop Ransomware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.