Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) (1309 Views)

An Ode To Nigeria / The Tyrant (an Ode To Abacha) / Sex Poem (also An Ode To Gold Circle Condoms) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 6:39am On Nov 20, 2013
A respective bow to all creative writers(veterans and amateurs) in d room. After learning fron gifted writers,i feel obliged to start my own write-up too.
I want to startup wit a collection of poems before i go into the real deal(prose work). Your comments,observation and constructive criticism will b appreciated as it will help me become a better writer.
My first poem 'I MISS YOUR VOICE' is written to honour my late mum and to express how much i miss her. This work is dedicated to everyone around the world who share the same predicament. Stay tuned!!!
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
M sori 4 d late in updating d poem....m fone iz jhez kinda disappointing......plz exercise patience as i try tew fix d problem
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Beside your groundly little house I lie, Recalling your last truthful lie,The voice that deceived me to go outside, that I might not watch you die, That tender voice is what I miss. That voice that scolded me when I did wrong, That voice that praised me when I did good, That voice that advised me when needed, That voice that thanked me when needed, That honest voice is what i miss. Yea, a deadly disease stole you away, No, Ignorance was the murderer, That voice that would urge me to fight them both, That courageous voice is what I miss. Diamond are your words in my heart, Gold are your advice in my mind, Silver are your praises in my head, Invaluable are your voices in my ear, All of them, I miss them all. Life exist after death, it's doubtedly sure, How small or big that world is, I surely doubt, Either way, I'll look for you and hear your voice again, Until then, I really miss you, Mum.
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 1:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Ur constructive criticism on d above poem wil be welcome
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2013
Great job bro!! Bravo.
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Ghyft(f): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2013
Nice poem.....bt can u try paragraphing so as to make d stanzas distinct
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 9:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
D paragraphing tin iz d prob, i cudn't fix it@ghyft....any1 wu cn help?
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2013
Mehlena: Great job bro!! Bravo.
gracias bonita sinorita.....expecting ur update...#teamonelastminute#
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Miscellaneous(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2013
Nice one. . .so sad.
Re: I Miss Your Voice (an Ode To My Late Mum) by Eazybuhfocuz(m): 12:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Miscellaneous: Nice one. . .so sad.
thankz boss

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Christmas Poems Here / I Know I Love Her / Dare This And You Feel Loved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.