Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card (5140 Views)

Peter Obi And Obiano At A Burial Ceremony (picture) / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
the warrior72: U son of a thousand father stop poking ur fifty nose in Anambra affair, why can't u mind ur imo state that the clawn has mortgaged, we Anambrarians have nothing in common with u people get it into ur empty skull
BROS IMO AND ANAMBRA IS ONE, DNT TAKE THIS GUY AND HIS WIFE SERIOUS,IN ONE OF HIS THEORIES HE SAID THAT NRI PEOPLE ARE IGALAS, SINCE THAT DAY I LAUGH ANYTIME I SEE HIS POST,-"I BELIEVE HIS HEAD IS FULL OF THEORIES BY THE WAY YOU SOUND LIKE CHINO
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by SU37fighter: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Idiotts crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
lakhadimar: why must you refer to his mother? Is it his fault that your elder brother used your own mother for money rituals
It's like u been stalking me around, I will handle ur fuckup, don't let me descend on u,the mods won't save u ......
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by agbameta: 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
presher: SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINLESS,ARE YOU CONDEMNING ANAMBRA YOUTH FOR VOTING APGA? OR ARE U COMPLAING THE ELECTION IS NT FAIRV? SO BECOS ANAMBRA PEOPLE VOTED APGA MEANS THEY ARE BIGOTED,PLS SET UR EMOTIONS ASIDE AND REASON WISELY, THIS IS A DEMOCRATIC WORLD,

This is not about voting for agpa, this is about your own people cheating and rigging away votes from your own people, this is about your own people denying your own people their basic rights.

....besides, this election is still inconclusive not only because of obvious flaws, but also because the people we charged to run the election aka INEC labeled this election flawed and they have one of your own people in jail as we speak so why are you not addressing INEC? Are they bigoted too? Are they tribal too? Are they undemocratic too just like one of your own that rigged and denied your people their rights?

I don't think you people are even getting the gist or what just happened to you? Your state and your people just got rubbished and ridiculed and you clueless people are still spewing nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Ngokafor(f): 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
....apc wailings re-loaded..your pains and anguish is just starting..una neva jam..
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
presher: BROS IMO AND ANAMBRA IS ONE, DNT TAKE THIS GUY AND HIS WIFE SERIOUS,IN ONE OF HIS THEORIES HE SAID THAT NRI PEOPLE ARE IGALAS, SINCE THAT DAY I LAUGH ANYTIME I SEE HIS POST,-"I BELIEVE HIS HEAD IS FULL OF THEORIES BY THE WAY YOU SOUND LIKE CHINO
No ves my brother, only that this abagworo of a guy & barem aka gbankiti has been going around spewing thrash about anambra.

I'm not chino
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
agbameta:

This is not about voting for agpa, this is about your own people cheating and rigging away votes from your own people, this is about your own people denying your own people their basic rights.

....besides, this election is still inconclusive not only because of obvious flaws, but also because the people we charged to run the election aka INEC labeled this election flawed and they have one of your own people in jail as we speak so why are you not addressing INEC? Are they bigoted too? Are they tribal too? Are they undemocratic too just like one of your own that rigged and denied your people their rights?

I don't think you people are even getting the gist or what just happened to you? Your state and your people just got rubbished and ridiculed in front and you clueless people are still spewing nonsense...
YOU HAVE RIGHT AS A NIGERIAN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ELECTION,BUT U DONT HAVE RIGHT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM ENDORSING THE RESULT,I THINK UR COMPLAINTS SHOULD BE AGAINST INEC INSTEAD YOU BLAME THE ENTIRE IGBOS, I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT THE MANNER THE ELECTION IS CONDUCTED INSTEAD YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT IGBOS VOTED WILLIE OBIANO, DNT ASSUME U ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE ENTIRE ELECTORATE
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
the warrior72: No ves my brother, only that this abagworo of a guy & barem aka gbankiti has been going around spewing thrash about anambra.

I'm not chino
ONE LOVE BROTHER
WERE IN ANAMBRA ARE U FRM?
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
the warrior72: It's like u been stalking me around, I will handle ur fuckup, don't let me descend on u,the mods won't save u ......
bring it on you b*stard! I will slice you to pieces and feed your carcass to the fishes
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ngwakwe: I can see frustration, pain, anguish and vindictive outburst vented out on this thread. It's good and healthy, it helps in relieving your mindset from transferred aggression against your neighbours and family members.
May God bless you.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
undecidedWhoever feels otherwise with the stance of the good people of Anambrarians or the outcome of the election should seek for a redress in the court of law & spare us this whining& crying on the pages of news papers...........cry me a river APC e urchins
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: May God curse we the igbos.
AMEN
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
presher: ONE LOVE BROTHER
WERE IN ANAMBRA ARE U FRM?
Ihiala
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by agbameta: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
presher: YOU HAVE RIGHT AS A NIGERIAN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE ELECTION,BUT U DONT HAVE RIGHT TO STOP PEOPLE FROM ENDORSING THE RESULT,I THINK UR COMPLAINTS SHOULD BE AGAINST INEC INSTEAD YOU BLAME THE ENTIRE IGBOS, I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS NOT THE MANNER THE ELECTION IS CONDUCTED INSTEAD YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT IGBOS VOTED WILLIE OBIANO, DNT ASSUME U ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN THE ENTIRE ELECTORATE

Like I care who you voted for? We are talking about a flawed and rigged election that INEC labeled as such and you are sitting displaying lack of ability to read and comprehend basic English?

This election is still inconclusive, unfinished and so far no winner so what silly results or obiano are you talking about?

And please, stop stop with the caps abi large fonts..
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by MayorofLagos(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
agbameta:

I don't think you people are even getting the gist or what just happened to you? Your state and your people just got rubbished and ridiculed and you clueless people are still spewing nonsense...

Their candidate for PDP, Nwoye and his household were not found on registration list. Can you imagine? Thats a r.eype of his civic right and yet neither Nwoye himself, nor PDP or the citizens are enraged about that. Shocking!!
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
the warrior72: Ihiala
U ARE WELCOME BROTHER AM FROM ORUMBA
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by thewarrior72: 11:54pm On Nov 20, 2013
lakhadimar: bring it on you b*stard! I will slice you to pieces and feed your carcass to the fishes
U are biting more than u can chew,I know when I start with u u will run to the mods as usual. There will be nowhere to hide when I start with u, because the earth will reject u, trust me
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by donpope1(m): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
gbanikiti: The day Peter Obi steps his foot in the north, boko haram should eliminate him. If he dares come to the south west, OPC should hunt for his big head and cut it off. Bigots like him are not meant to be alive and cause disunity between Igbos and other ethnic groups. Enough is Enough!!
say that to Adeyinka Grandson.. angry
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2013
agbameta:

Like I care who you voted for? We are talking about a flawed and rigged election that INEC labeled as such and you are sitting displaying lack of ability to read and comprehend basic English?

This election is still inconclusive, unfinished and so far no winner so what silly results or obiano are you talking about?

And please, stop stop with the caps abi large fonts..
OK I WILL USE SMALL FONTS ,you are right bro the election is flawed,even in my own side of idemili people came and scattered the election material in ogidi,my own problem is when people from other region appear like they are blackmailing my people to vote ngige that is fraud,complain about the election you are right,blame obi for election malpractice dats your own opinion, blame igbos for voting willie obiano dats where you are very wrong
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by donpope1(m): 12:05am On Nov 21, 2013
agbameta:

They are very shortsighted and self destructive.

Agan, they don't have any sane and right thinking adult in iboland.
. Your faaaada...
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Onyejiuwaokoh: 12:05am On Nov 21, 2013
Ngige won senatorial seat under ACN, a yoruba party in 2011. People voted him without minding his party, but as it goes now when you hear people saying we allowed you to live in our land, go to your villiage and some put theirs into practice and forcifully deported their fellow countrymen. just imagin! an American man being deported from new york. How do expect to expand your party to the people you regard as not worthy of living in your Area? If not the popularity of Ngige in Anambra state he would not even get more than 10 votes. You will see what will happen to Rochas in 2015 if at all he retains his seat till then.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 12:54am On Nov 21, 2013
Igbos generally don't care about parties and (rigging and cut-throat politics aside) will try to vote in a competent leader.

However a few occurences this year turned many Igbos off apc and its many derivatives (Ngige, FFK and Igbokwe included).

Your guess is as good as mine as to what these occurences are.

If anything, let this be a PR and constituent-relations lesson to APC. Learn from the Americans and be as subtle/sophisticated as you claim when dealing with potential votes.

Anyways its not like I care for APGA either...Just sharing my 2 cents.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Abagworo(m): 1:01am On Nov 21, 2013
the warrior72: Ihiala

Liar liar! No Ihiala man can ever write the sort of thrash you spewed out earlier. Stop all these lies and man up to your real identity "chino". You are a beneficiary of Peter Obi and you act like him by diverting simple issues to tribal rants instead of tackling it logically. Peter Obi sees Anambrians as mugu by his actions and youths like you are required to tell him that Anambra belongs to all Anambrians and not Peter Obi.

2ndly he's puting Igbos at danger by creating an us vs other ethnic groups dichotomy.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 1:22am On Nov 21, 2013
Thou doth protest and generalize too much!

Abagworo:

Liar liar! No Ihiala man can ever write the sort of thrash you spewed out earlier. Stop all these lies and man up to your real identity "chino". You are a beneficiary of Peter Obi and you act like him by diverting simple issues to tribal rants instead of tackling it logically. Peter Obi sees Anambrians as mugu by his actions and youths like you are required to tell him that Anambra belongs to all Anambrians and not Peter Obi.

2ndly he's puting Igbos at danger by creating an us vs other ethnic groups dichotomy.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Abagworo(m): 1:38am On Nov 21, 2013
nnenna.1:
Thou doth protest and generalize too much!

Do you think so? When you read Peter Obi's reaction to issues, you'll understand well where I'm coming from.
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 21, 2013
The South West should try, despite Nigeria's Federalism, to set up legislation that'll discourage migration into her Region. It could be in the form of higher taxation for indigenes of her non-allies/potential enemies i.e non-members of the Old Western Region. It could also come in the form of proposing mandatory identification/Social Security numbers for its residents---Primarily indigenes of the states party to the agreement--- (lack of which will earn you heavy fines and trips to Prison) with the objective of lawfully and systematically denying same to certain people. Linked Digital Fingerprinting of criminals (which can be shared by law enforcement in these states) should be encouraged with the aim of viciously prosecuting violators. A first time offense should carry a very heavy fine, a subsequent offense should carry a mandatory 10 yrs minimum sentences. The first wave of Prisoners should be housed on one of Lagos' deserted islands and as more are caught, they should be put to work building more Prison Units and complexes that would be needed to house the impending wave of violators that would undeniably be convicted. While incarcerated, they should be put to work for the benefit of their host Govts and its inhabitants e.g Farming. Only people that are financially and Professionally worthy to the Region should be issued these instruments of identification. This will kill two birds with one stone: First, the Region will be decongested of people useless to its development because you shouldnt be able to get anything done without the I.Ds (school, housing, medical care etc). Next, when hit with the reality that they cannot destroy their own homes then flee to others, they will do whats right and elect credible candidates that'll work for their own good and that of the country.

If its the law, it is right. This is how you fight fire with fire in the 21st century.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by sbeezy8: 2:35am On Nov 21, 2013
I have been saying for the last couple times I have logged on Nairaland. Yoruba HAVE learn how to ignore the Southeast , If its Yoruba today, tomorrow its Hausa-fulanis, muslims , etc.

At this point one cannot even take the igbos seriously esp their top politicians and businessmen-
- 50% of the igbo people are based in outside the SE mainly in the SW and North of all places - oh the irony
- top igbo Politician barely have meaningful investments in the SE from Peter Obi, Kalu to Dim Ojuwkwu himself.
-Their children are following Yoruba and Hausa elite children- around the country From Lagos to Abuja to london.
-Their daughters are marrying Yoruba dudes recklessly as if their names are bimpe and kemi. Guys from Jim Ovia to Leo Ekeh lol
-Diezani Allison-Madueke- is giving out oil contracts to Yoruba chaps like Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore who are now in forbes

I mean they are too focused on fighting a regular yoruba man on the street to even realize their own elite people are not helping them/biafra/region. its funny actually,

5 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 4:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Well, APC footsoldiers said 70% of the things you post. Look at what it is costing them.

A flippancy like this hurts your bread and butter (i.e. votes) in the long run...especially when you are an institution. I see this being a setback in their 2015 campaigns.

I guess we all live with the mistakes we make. We are human after all.

sbeezy8: I have been saying for the last couple times I have logged on Nairaland. Yoruba HAVE learn how to ignore the Southeast , If its Yoruba today, tomorrow its Hausa-fulanis, muslims , etc.

At this point one cannot even take the igbos seriously esp their top politicians and businessmen-
- 50% of the igbo people are based in outside the SE mainly in the SW and North of all places - oh the irony
- top igbo Politician barely have meaningful investments in the SE from Peter Obi, Kalu to Dim Ojuwkwu himself.
-Their children are following Yoruba and Hausa elite children- around the country From Lagos to Abuja to london.
-Their daughters are marrying Yoruba dudes recklessly as if their names are bimpe and kemi. Guys from Jim Ovia to Leo Ekeh lol
-Diezani Allison-Madueke- is giving out oil contracts to Yoruba chaps like Kola Aluko, Jide Omokore who are now in forbes

I mean they are too focused on fighting a regular yoruba man on the street to even realize their own elite people are not helping them/biafra/region. its funny actually,

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 5:35am On Nov 21, 2013
sagombugo:

Y are u so always given to mischief like this? Do you think a man of El-Rufai's standing will just go to any place without having any reason to be there?

Let it be known to you that he was an INEC accredited party observer and he was scheduled to help coordinate the APC situation room during the election

May I also remind you also that he was indeed the collating officer for the APC Guber Primaries between Ngige and Ezeemo while Ibrahim Shekarau serves as the Returning Officer for the same exercise. So El-Rufai didn't start going to Anambra today or on the election day!

You people should be careful the politics of seclusion you are playing?

Most of the Igbo billionaires today made their money under the Hausa military rulers! So while the common folks loath and hate them,your elites sure know where they stand in the scheme of things hence have been romancing them

If the yorubas are your 'enemies' that shouldnt step foot on Igbo land,are the Hausas too barred from coming to your place even if they have a legitimate business and assignment to do?

While the Yorubas may be rational,circumspect and pain-staking in doing things,you sure know that the northerners know how to post recompense for every act of agression against them!

Ndigbo call the likes of Peter Obi and Victor Umeh to order!!! Election will come and go but the seed of discord being sown will linger till the 5th generations!

Should any conflagration starts,its the local folks that will bear the brunt not them!

Nuff said!
Shameless liar! El Rufai was not accredited by INEC to monitor the Anambra election. This is a FACT. INEC does not accredit party chieftains to monitor elections. El Rufai had no business being in Anambra on ELECTION DAY. That is a fact.

Besides election day, El Rufai is free to do whatever he likes in Anambra. He can marry our girls, buy as much land as he wants, establish factories,etc. If El Rufai so much loves Anambra state, before now, how much interest does he have in the state? Does he have any land in Anambra state? Any business interest? Any factory? It seems he is only interested in capturing Anambra peoples votes for his party. If he truely loves Ndi-Anambra, he should vote with his POCKET in Anambra State just like Ndi-Anambra have voted with their pockets in other parts of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 5:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: In a state where citizens are politically gullible and not actively engaged in practicing their civic responsibilities, it would be expected that marginal lines of ethnicity will be exploited to channell collective sensibilities and self evaluation in parity to others.
We understand your anger, disgruntlement, crestfallenness, joylessness and frustrations over the fatalistic DEFEAT suffered by APC in the just concluded Anambra Elections. You can take solace in the thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/1521174/lamentation-centre-apc-e-warriors

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 5:57am On Nov 21, 2013
AtlanticBreeze: Well said CNPP, especially the igbo spokesperson. I keep saying only brainless, uneducated, foolish and brainwashed (almajiri igbos) igbos support the fraud called Peter obi, I rather associate myself with hausas and yorubas (despite my reservations for them) than the fraud and backward minded Peter obi. Peter obi has the biggest mall in Abuja (North), business headquarters in Lagos (yoruba) despite being Anambra governor but yet brainwashing these foolish igbos with tribal politics.
Believe me, we perfectly understand what you have been going through since APC LOST in the just concluded Anambra Elections. I can see your pains, anger and frustrations. This is why the thread below was proactively created. You can take solace in it. Goodluck!
Re: Governor Peter Obi And The Danger Of Ethnic Card by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 21, 2013
gbanikiti: You want to tell me as a citizen of Nigeria,he has no right to freedom of movement? What was Obi and APGA scared of? What's the difference between Fashola's deportation of Igbos and holding El-Rufai to a hotel arrest by Obi?
Believe me, we perfectly understand that DEFEAT could be very PAINFUL sometimes. Personally, I can see your pains, anger and frustrations since INEC released the results of the Anambra election. Since that election is now WON and LOST, why not take solace in the thread below rather than weeping and wailing from thread to thread. Goodluck!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari/Osinbajo Asset Declaration: Nigerians On Twitter React / Disobedient Nnamdi Kanu Stays With 20 People Today PICS / Breaking News: Fct senator Philip Tanimu Aduda Dumps Pdp For Apc (unconfirmed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.