Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,657 members, 7,820,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Share Your Child Birth Experience - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Child Birth Experience (24106 Views)

Photo: What Would You Do If You Came Home And Saw Your Child Like This!! / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 25, 2013
This place is kinda scary like some kinda darkened Jungle ......!!!

Oya Abeg More experience, chai, Man self dey fear ooo But it is educating !!!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2013
Uhmmm. I should be here soon to give my account.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Daresh(f): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2013
shockedshocked cry cry cry :'tnx for d "comforting" word(

kpele but you need to prepare your mind. You might get lucky and be a Hebrew woman.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2013
None is easy, Vaginal birth or CS. Dey both have dia advantages and advantages. But believe me, NEVER opt 4 CS unless it's absolutely necessary! Don't believe anyone who tells u CS is better or less painful. Dat I know is a very big, fat lie!
Cheers!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
Rukemi291: Uhmmm. I should be here soon to give my account.

My dear we are waiting, please share your account with us. How was your experience.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
My first pregnancy made me very beautiful, I'm slim and fair naturally but I became white and I was glowing. Due to my petite stature, I feared giving birth to a big baby so I controlled my beverage intake unless d craving was very intense. The pregnancy went well but as I approached my due date, I became so heavy and uncomfortable with d weight. I search thru d net on how to induce labour naturally as its two days to my EDD, I found answers.
First - excercise
Second- intimacy with my husband
I started climbing a mattress in our guest room as if it was a stair case, I kept doing dt at intervals, then in the night,I asked my hubby for us to get intimate, he pitied me but did it cos I insisted. I wasn't pleasurable but I endured, lo and behold, in d morning of the next day around 11am, I felt like I want to wee, wen I was cleaning up, I saw mucus with blood stain, I knew labour has stared,my mucus plug has been removed. D contractns strtd coming but not painful and I was timing it as the Dr said its wen its 5mins apart dt one sld start coming, but I dint wait for dt as it was going to around 9pm and as a first time parent, I dint want to take chances. We got to UCH and d pain has strtd coming but still bearable, wen I was checked, I dilated on 2cm so I still have a long way to go. To cut the story short, at a point, I cldnt bear d pain anymore, I was shouting in tongues and begging d baby to come, I made nail pattern on my husband's hands while holding him during d contraction pain, it wasn't untill d next morning dt I put to bed 7.11, my bouncing baby boy. I lost all feelings, cldnt even feel joy or sorry, d dr sew up my episiotomy and was taked to d ward, it wasn't until I slept and woke up dt I felt dis joy of motherhood. Pains from d episiotomy set in in day but I knwe at d back of my mind dt it wasn't for ever, it will surely end some day. My second journey is for another time...

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
kiss
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2013
Kai. Now im scared s**tless angry Am 8 month gone n d stories r not helping my BP@all : sad
Don't be, u can do it, we are not special beings, go for ur antenatal, eat well, exercise with ur chores, start applying coconut oil on ur perinium to make it ready for d elasticity required during child birth.wen ur due date is close, take regular walk, and be happy
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nikkygold4life: My first pregnancy made me very beautiful, I'm slim and fair naturally but I became white and I was glowing. Due to my petite stature, I feared giving birth to a big baby so I controlled my beverage intake unless d craving was very intense. The pregnancy went well but as I approached my due date, I became so heavy and uncomfortable with d weight. I search thru d net on how to induce labour naturally as its two days to my EDD, I found answers.
First - excercise
I started climbing a mattress in our guest room as if it was a stair case, I kept doing dt at intervals, then in the night,I asked my hubby for us to get intimate, he pitied me but did it cos I insisted. I wasn't pleasurable but I endured, lo and behold, in d morning of the next day around 11am, I felt like I want to wee, wen I was cleaning up, I saw mucus with blood stain, I knew labour has stared,my mucus plug has been removed. D contractns strtd coming but not painful and I was timing it as the Dr said its wen its 5mins apart dt one sld start coming, but I dint wait for dt as it was going to around 9pm and as a first time parent, I dint want to take chances. We got to UCH and d pain has strtd coming but still bearable, wen I was checked, I dilated on 2cm so I still have a long way to go. To cut the story short, at a point, I cldnt bear d pain anymore, I was shouting in tongues and begging d baby to come, I made nail pattern on my husband's hands while holding him during d contraction pain, it wasn't untill d next morning dt I put to bed 7.11, my bouncing baby boy. I lost all feelings, cldnt even feel joy or sorry, d dr sew up my episiotomy and was taked to d ward, it wasn't until I slept and woke up dt I felt dis joy of motherhood. Pains from d episiotomy set in in day but I knwe at d back of my mind dt it wasn't for ever, it will surely end some day. My second journey is for another time...

plz if ur going for delivery cut ur nails, you can always fix new nails after delivery.

my dear am happy for you and all the great women that has walked this part.

Bravo to all of una.

Una too much joor.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nikkygold4life: My first pregnancy made me very beautiful, I'm slim and fair naturally but I became white and I was glowing. Due to my petite stature, I feared giving birth to a big baby so I controlled my beverage intake unless d craving was very intense. The pregnancy went well but as I approached my due date, I became so heavy and uncomfortable with d weight. I search thru d net on how to induce labour naturally as its two days to my EDD, I found answers.
First - excercise

plz if ur going for delivery cut ur nails, you can always fix new nails after delivery.

my dear am happy for you and all the great women that has walked this part.

Bravo to all of una.

Una too much joor.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 10:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Na true self, why women too dey fine when they dey pregnant or na only me dey see am.

Pregnant women usually have beautiful shinning skins, Please l dey dream or na truth?
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2013
Is my post deleted? After taking pains to share, my post isn't here anymore.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:44am On Nov 26, 2013
Ok seen it
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 9:31am On Nov 26, 2013
My second missionary journey.
I was four month pregnant when I started having contractions. I was so scared then cos I thought I was going to lose the baby. The contractions were always severe which can last up to a minute at times. Whenever I go to see the doctor to complain, they'll do scan for me and tell me my baby was alright. That was how I continued till the d day. I was hoping that I could have my second baby naturally but my hope was cut short when it was discovered that my baby was transverse too. I kept praying and hoping that God will do wonders. When I was 38 weeks gone, I went for scan and thank God my baby has turned head down but there was another problem again; I was having placenta previa( my placenta was covering my cervix where the baby was meant to pass through) though not fully covered but was adviced not to take the risk.
The D day, it was on a sunday when I started having this severe contraction but thought it was like the previous ones. I decided not to call my matron cos if I did, she'll tell me to start coming to the hospital and I wanted to watch big brother africa, it was the opening of the show, so I didn't want to miss any part of it, lol grin it was when they finished the grand opening it finally downed on me. I was confused, couldn't sleep and my hubby wasn't even around but my mum was with me. I waited till the following day, went to hospital, they monitored my contractions and knew I was in labour. They called the surgeon to start coming and he said he'll come by 2pm. All this happened around 8am oo. I couldn't cry. The labour pains were just unbearable. It was as if they were using a very thick rope to tie my stomach. To the glory of God, I was finally moved into the theatre around 2:30pm. My baby boy was brought out less than 10 minutes later. My matron was like J see your baby it's a boy. See he's ball, they are complete, non is hidden I was so happy and grateful to God Almighty. The pains were worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 11:01am On Nov 26, 2013
Nikkygold4life: Is my post deleted? After taking pains to share, my post isn't here anymore.

l was about to create a scene when l saw this your post. Just then l looked down, then l saw.

Nikkygold4life: Ok seen it

Thanks dear for sharing your experience.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
jdilight:

My dear we are waiting, please share your account with us. How was your experience.

I'm still pushing but very close. Remember me in prayers.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by favoredgal: 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
jumzzy448:
They called the surgeon to start coming and he said he'll come by 2pm. All this happened around 8am oo. I couldn't cry. .

i fear for naija o! why is there no surgeon on duty 24/7...cant they work shift? you get to the hospital at 8am and the surgeon says he will come at 2pm that is 6 hours later....scary mehn

Thank God for safe delivery
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by k4kenny(f): 10:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
I taya o. This our medical system ehn! Someone with placenta previa is in the late stages of labour and they kept her for over 6 hours!!! shocked. Thank God for safe delivery. Some ladies weren't so lucky.

.....Stay tuned for my stories wink

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by onegig(m): 9:30am On Nov 27, 2013
Nice thread. Seen a child birth process live. Not funny but I did survive. Don't worry i didn't pass out on her.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jumzzy448: 10:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
favored gal:

i fear for naija o! why is there no surgeon on duty 24/7...cant they work shift? you get to the hospital at 8am and the surgeon says he will come at 2pm that is 6 hours later....scary mehn

Thank God for safe delivery
Honestly....you can just imagine that. thank God sha.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2013
@NikkyGold,
Your Husband really tried ooo(What a Man), Hmm, I just have to prepare my mind to do some yurkkke(Haaaarrrrrgggh) cuz I never wanna Imagined intercourse with Heavy Preggy Wife ..... (Ohh My God, Tis Scary,Scary and Horible).......!

I'm Gonna do it sha but only if it is necessary ..........haaaarghh ...
::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wow, I'm Loving this thread, tis getting emotional , Woman really deserves absolute care .....!!!

Highly Educating !!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2013
donroxy: @NikkyGold,
Your Husband really tried ooo(What a Man), Hmm, I just have to prepare my mind to do some yurkkke(Haaaarrrrrgggh) cuz I never wanna Imagined intercourse with Heavy Preggy Wife ..... (Ohh My God, Tis Scary,Scary and Horible).......!

I'm Gonna do it sha but only if it is necessary ..........haaaarghh ...
::::::::::::::::::::::::

Wow, I'm Loving this thread, tis getting emotional , Woman really deserves absolute care .....!!!

Highly Educating !!!
lol. You must sleep with your wife when she is heavy. If you don't there will be no way for the baby to pass through and that might lead to your wife giving birth through CS. I don't have a child yet but that is what a doctor friend told me.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2013
mz mariah: lol. You must sleep with your wife when she is heavy. If you don't there will be no way for the baby to pass through and that might lead to your wife giving birth through CS. I don't have a child yet but that is what a doctor friend told me.
wow, I don't like CS and I never wished for one all through My baby's experience....... My beloved Aunty once had one and I was there all through the Post CS and It wasn't easy !!

I will Just have to do the bang with Love for Wiffy and The Kid ...... (I'm feeling comfortable gradually sha ) !

That is why this kinda thread is necessary to prepare a mind like ours .....I'm gonna be forming pro for my babe when the time comes, lol !!!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ameenahz(f): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
mz mariah: lol. You must sleep with your wife when she is heavy. If you don't there will be no way for the baby to pass through and that might lead to your wife giving birth through CS. I don't have a child yet but that is what a doctor friend told me.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by ameenahz(f): 12:08pm On Nov 28, 2013

Sorry madam, i think you misunderstood your doctor friend. Yes, sex during the last phase of pregnancy is encouraged as it helps to induce labour in cases of post datism and (supposedly) makes labour easier. But it isnt compulsory. The vaginal/ birth canal is never 'blocked' due to pregnancy so there is always a way for the baby to pass. What do you think happens to women whose husbands are not around during the last phase of pregnancy or ladies whose pregnancies were denied? They all deliver thru cs? There are many indications for c-section, lack of intimacy is not 1 of them

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by favoredgal: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
ameenahz:

Sorry madam, i think you misunderstood your doctor friend. Yes, sex during the last phase of pregnancy is encouraged as it helps to induce labour in cases of post datism and (supposedly) makes labour easier. But it isnt compulsory. The vaginal/ birth canal is never 'blocked' due to pregnancy so there is always a way for the baby to pass. What do you think happens to women whose husbands are not around during the last phase of pregnancy or ladies whose pregnancies were denied? They all deliver thru cs? There are many indications for c-section, lack of intimacy is not 1 of them

Gbam
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 12:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Rukemi291:

I'm still pushing but very close. Remember me in prayers.
Make sure u come back 2 tell us ur story (of how u delivered like a Hebrew woman). Amen.
Cheers!
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by luvissweet2f(f): 12:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
BTW, this thread should have made front page by now; so that more women could share dia own birth experiences and also for the new mothers 2 learn. Or what do u guys think?
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Hummingbird: 1:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Coming back soon with my own story
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
ameenahz:

yes mam. Noted. I am still single and heaven knows I am dying of fear with all I am reading on this thread. God help me
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 4:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
ameenahz:

Thank God you were handy to shove this fever away.

when we dey pity una, una dey talk more punishment for una self in the name of delivery.

God l kneel down dey thank you say e no dey compulsory to get intimate with ones wife during pregnancy.
Re: Share Your Child Birth Experience by jdilight(m): 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
luvissweet2(f):
BTW, this thread should have made front page by now; so that more women could share dia own birth experiences and also for the new mothers 2 learn. Or what do u guys think?

my dear your on point, we just wish the moderators takes it to front page soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Couple Celebrate 27th Wedding Anniversary With Amazing Dance Steps (Pix, Video) / What Do I Do About My Mother / My Wife Hates My Daughter From My First Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.