Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Opening A Tin Of Milk - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Opening A Tin Of Milk (2103 Views)

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? / Differences Between Full Cream Milk And Skimmed Milk / Curious,which(moimoi)taste Better,d Wrapped In Leaf,in A Tin Or Wrapped In Nylon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opening A Tin Of Milk by Funpeter: 12:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Am curious about this which as been a norm for me and i think for others too.
My questions is when opening a liquid milk why do will open it at two different place? Is it a must? We love to hear your views about it.[color=#990000]Am curious about this which as been a norm for me and i think for others too.
My questions is when opening a liquid milk why do will open it at two different place? Is it a must? We love to hear your views about it.
Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 21, 2013
To me,i think its for a better flow....if u try opening a side,the milk comes out in drops.you get?okay,lets say you have two windows in a room,and you open just one,there wont be an exit of ventilation right,but when the two gets opened,there would be a difference(something lyk a free flow of air)i think that applies to our tin of milk.u get?(what an explanation becos of milktin)#sweating#
Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by Funpeter: 8:50am On Nov 21, 2013
Ivyluvie2: To me,i think its for a better flow....if u try opening a side,the milk comes out in drops.you get?okay,lets say you have two windows in a room,and you open just one,there wont be an exit of ventilation right,but when the two gets opened,there would be a difference(something lyk a free flow of air)i think that applies to our tin of milk.u get?(what an explanation becos of milktin)#sweating#
Lolz nice explanation
Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by ideology(m): 6:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ivyluvie2: To me,i think its for a better flow....if u try opening a side,the milk comes out in drops.you get?okay,lets say you have two windows in a room,and you open just one,there wont be an exit of ventilation right,but when the two gets opened,there would be a difference(something lyk a free flow of air)i think that applies to our tin of milk.u get?(what an explanation becos of milktin)#sweating#
even many people do this without knowing why, its simply physics
Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2013
@Ivyluvie2 is very correct!!!
Dear Poster, try to have an experimenting spirit! It will help you in your path of life.

I opened one end to get the content out but it didn't flow well till the other end was opened.

If you open one end, you'll need to press the tin hard with 1 or both thumbs still for the milk to pour freely but with both ends opened, air enters one end making the milk to pour easily at the other. Talk about air pressure at work!
#Remembering Physics#

1 Like

Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by Funpeter: 11:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
ferhyntorlah: @Ivyluvie2 is very correct!!!
Dear Poster, try to have an experimenting spirit! It will help you in your path of life.

I opened one end to get the content out but it didn't flow well till the other end was opened.

If you open one end, you'll need to press the tin hard with 1 or both thumbs still for the milk to pour freely but with both ends opened, air enters one end making the milk to pour easily at the other. Talk about air pressure at work!
#Remembering Physics#
Nice one thank you so much.
Re: Opening A Tin Of Milk by Greatken007(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2013
AN ELEMENTARY PHYSICS SIMPLE...THE AIM IS TO INCREASE THE PRESSURE...PRESSURE IS SIMPLY THE FORCE PER UNIT AREA(THAT IS A FORCE OF 1N ACTING IN AN AREA OF 1 SQUARE METRE)...FORECE A PULL OR PUSH...HERE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PUSH

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Kind Of Cake??? Very Graphic Pics / See How To Make Corn Dog, A Very Quick And Easy Snack (pictures & Video) / Goat Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.