Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,590 members, 7,955,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:47 PM

Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers (14491 Views)

QUIZ for Graduate Engineers - Test yourself / My Secret Tips For A Career Success. Also Suitable For Jobseekers. / Advice And Encouragement Needed On My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by kingsolve(m): 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
Very wonderful contribution. Great thoughts and insightful...
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by airclipse(m): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by GetGuide: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
really encouraging
its for every job seekers
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Please someone should pls help me tell mtn to stop calling me expecially when am saving battery or worst still texting me, especially when am expecting alert
Thanks
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Esolver1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
These 2 Nairaland threads will surely inspires you on how you can get something doing online and become self employed in no time.

https://www.nairaland.com/1365527/clickbank-q-im-making-money

https://www.nairaland.com/1495497/stop-looking-job-a-z-free

Hope it helps?

GOOD LUCK
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Biodup: 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
U better encaurage urself, every with his cross
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Egbagirl(f): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
HAHA story of my life. I was too focused on finding a job "in my field" until reality (read poverty) started slapping me in the face and I realized that that my college years were not meant to just acquire a degree in a particular field but to also learn skills, real life skills applicable anywhere. Anyway, I ended up on a field that I knew nothing about until the interview day. What they were looking for was personality, desire to learn and grow, the various skills I had gathered from extra curricular activities and internships/volunteer and my ability to speak french.

To soon-to-be grads and recent grads, don't be deceived o. Your degree does not guarantee you a job. It took me a couple of months to realize it. Look beyond your "field" and literally expand your horizon. If you stay rigid, you'll stay unemployed. Be dynamic and flexible.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by nationwide1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nigerian graduates should see every 'no' as new opportunity and take whatever appears as an 'end' as effort never dies. Never give up, never loose hope because sometimes in life, it's the last key in the bunch that opens the luck. Next could be you.!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Waspy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
So many Jonsers in Indiana!. Whats key is the G factor.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by slap1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
I'm working myself into a position where I won't have to look for a job. And hopefully, God will grant my wishes.
ASUU has to let me write my final papers, though.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by idsamoo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nice one but most employers /interviewers in this part of the world dont belief this!!! They are too proud to know ,forgetting they are just lucky to be where they are!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Odunharry(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nice article..will surely share ds wit sme friend cos i knw it wl be helpful..
Tanx Esere 4 posting it here on nland
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by warrikid(m): 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pretty nice piece.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by paulworld(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
Recharge card please 08120003102
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Absadiq20(m): 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
May Almighty Allah see us through this era! angryMay Almighty Allah see us through this era!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
This shld be the best thread to post this.

Pls there was this business that was mentioned here on nairaland about professional interlocking mopping and get paid. Like we read before, some graduates are making money through car wash etc, but i would like to venture into that interlocking stuff and see what it holds. Anyone with useful idea about the business shld pls response. Thanks and God bless!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by ICHIEMAN: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Ab-sadiq20:
May Almighty Allah see us through this era! angryMay Almighty Allah see us through this era!
Allah...who be Allah
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Oildichotomy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
shejane: Is nt abt starting somtin bt sustaining it
Is very diiffcult 2 run a buss in dis co3
A co3 wt no steady light, where u use half ur buzz moni 4 fuel or diesel
A co3 where u wil pay more dan u are making 2 different govt officials wt dif names

Hw much wil remain 2 run dat buzz, pple are nt lazy bt jjus dat ground no level atall
Quit the pessimism.

''Ground go still level'' when well surveyed and measured considering the co-ordinates and dimensions. Then only can the C of O be granted.

Read between the technical terms above and get the latent message.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Well, I have shifted ground alot applied for jobs outside my field!! But how do you cope when employers want to pay 20k for a graduate engineer?

to chop na wahala... most times I feel there is no hope,threads like this gives the much needed hope.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by duality(m): 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Reality in Pix

Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by sCun: 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
shejane: Is nt abt starting somtin bt sustaining it
Is very diiffcult 2 run a buss in dis co3
A co3 wt no steady light, where u use half ur buzz moni 4 fuel or diesel
A co3 where u wil pay more dan u are making 2 different govt officials wt dif names

Hw much wil remain 2 run dat buzz, pple are nt lazy bt jjus dat ground no level atall
You are too lazy to even spell simple words completely. How do you want us to believe you aren't too lazy to run a business.

1 Like

Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by prettyboi1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
My advise:
Stop bragging about your certificate like it's something so special & get to look for new ways of empolyment. Any/everyone can get a degree & a certificate. Stop being lazy & jumping from office to office like that's where empolyment engagement ends. If you don't get an "office job," so you would die? Better start thinking outside the box & stop being lazy both mentally & physically.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by sgsltd(m): 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
online business is the best for new job seeker , i have been on my own for past 10 years and things were going well ,you may contact me through my signature with advice , please you may not call because i am busy
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by arabbunkum: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
This piece is quite insightful and encouraging.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by mkoabiola: 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hmmmmmmm!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by Smily202(m): 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
nice one. .....
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by pappythinko(m): 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
GeneralShepherd: Well, I have shifted ground alot applied for jobs outside my field!! But how do you cope when employers want to pay 20k for a graduate engineer?

to chop na wahala... most times I feel there is no hope,threads like this gives the much needed hope.
never loose hope bro... keep believing and trying, i believe fortune will smile on you one day. One thing is sure, you are never alone in this kinda predicament. God is on the throne.God wl crown our effort one day.shalom!
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by pappythinko(m): 11:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
sCun: You are too lazy to even spell simple words completely. How do you want us to believe you aren't too lazy to run a business.
You dnt know him in person thus u cnt tell if he's lazy or not. Oga please take it easy on the guy.... It seems as though you are acting out a misplaced aggression. Abeg dnt slap me o.
Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by pappythinko(m): 11:43pm On Nov 21, 2013
Nice and articulate write-up.....Thumbs up i really feel the flow. After 13months of being in the labour market i am finally picking up an employment letter tomorrow. Its a 35k job for a BSc holder, hope its not too bad or paltry.......?? Even if its paltry nko, do i have any option for now. *dancing skelewu* baba God na u biko......Drink on me!

1 Like

Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by bichikay(m): 2:14am On Nov 22, 2013
winkNice write up.Its good to let our graduates know that life is not a bed of roses.Some of them think that they can easily find a good job once they are with a good certificate,without considering that life cant always be as they dream of while in the university.Try to develop a skill today.It may be of help to you tommoro.Nice write up.Its good to let our graduates know that life is not a bed of roses.Some of them think that they can easily find a good job once they are with a good certificate,without considering that life cant always be as they dream of while in the university.Try to develop a skill today.It may be of help to you tommoro.Nice write up.Its good to let our graduates know that life is not a bed of roses.Some of them think that they can easily find a good job once they are with a good certificate,without considering that life cant always be as they dream of while in the university.Try to develop a skill today.It may be of help to you tommoro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reasons Why Employers Could Sack Employees In Nigeria Without Prio Notice Or Ent / Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.