Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (31514 Views)

Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Adaobi Obih's Suspected Killer Ryan Klug Caught In Texas / Adaobi Michaella Obih Killed In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
[img]http://1.bp..com/-5tWpUcdks1U/Uo4XuLrnOyI/AAAAAAAADIw/W5mImiYbdTM/s320/adaobi-obih.jpg[/img][img]http://4.bp..com/-RXqF8EghUyQ/Uo4Xxz-buGI/AAAAAAAADI4/4-7T0Sq0JbA/s320/ryan-allen-klug.jpg[/img]

The body of 26-year-old Adaobi Michaella Obih, an Electrical Engineering Ph.D student, was found on Tuesday Nov 19th at an apartment at Riverstone Apartments in Columbus, Indiana.

According to Fox News, Columbus police obtained an arrest warrant for a man wanted for murder.

They’re looking for 36-year-old Ryan Allen Klug, who they say is now the prime suspect in the murder of 26-year-old Adaobi M. Obih, who was found dead Tuesday in an apartment. Police initially said Klug was a “person of interest” in the case.

Columbus police don’t think Klug is still in the area and said multiple law enforcement agencies were looking for him.

Police were alerted to Obih’s death after she missed work Monday and Tuesday without notifying anyone. Concerned coworkers contacted her apartment complex to ask about her. Police also contacted the property manager to request a welfare check, according to the arrest affidavit.

A maintenance worked went to check on the woman and said, “It’s not good, there is blood everywhere” after going to Obih’s apartment.

A neighbor said he noticed that the door to Obih’s garage spot was open and had been open for at least 24 hours. Klug, who police described as Obih’s roommate, parked his vehicle there.

The maintenance worker told police there were no signs of forced entry at the apartment and that only two people would’ve had keys: Obih and Klug. The maintenance worker told police he found Obih with a “large amount of blood around her head” and said it appeared clear that she was dead.

Police talked to Obih’s boyfriend, who revealed that he’d texted and called her multiple times but never heard back. The last message he received from her was at 12:17 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 17. When she failed to respond, he went to her apartment, saw her car in the parking lot and knocked on the door. Obih didn’t answer.

A neighbor who lives in the apartment below Obih’s said it sounded like someone was moving furniture during Sunday afternoon. “It went on for more than three minutes,” the neighbor said, adding that it happened shortly before tornado warnings went off for Sunday’s storms.

Police said Klug had texted a pastor asking him to call. When the pastor did so, Klug answered and said he couldn’t talk at the time.

Further investigation found that Obih had been stabbed multiple times and her throat cut. A blood trail went from the woman’s bedroom to Klug’s, and police said it appeared “the assailant attempted to clean up in the bathroom area belonging to Mr. Klug.” They also found a bloody towel in Klug’s sink. Police located a plastic bag containing a bloody sock and other clothes stained with blood, including blue jeans, boxers and a shirt. Police said the “amount of blood on these items was significant.”

Police found a trail of small blood drops leading from the apartment to the garage where Klug parked his vehicle. His 2008 silver Subaru Legacy was not parked in the garage.

Klug works for the Indiana Department of Transportation, and police contacted his supervisor, who told them Klug’s behavior had been “off” lately. He sent a text message Sunday saying, “sick tomorrow, then vacation next two weeks.” His supervisor said the message was out of character and also violated the department’s vacation time policy. Klug did not return texts or phone calls, his supervisor said. He didn’t show up at work Monday or Tuesday.

Klug’s stepmother and father said they hadn’t heard from him for several days.

His brother told police he’d spoken with Klug about two weeks ago. Klug wanted to get back with a girl he’d dated. The relationship ended about a year ago. His brother told Klug to call her; he said Klug discovered she was dating someone else and told him, “I’m losing control.”

This is really sad. May Adaobi's soul rest in peace.

SOURCE
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by albacete(m): 3:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
RIP. So sad that her life was cut short just when she was about to get a break from all her struggles.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
albacete: RIP. So sad that her life was cut short just when she was about to get a break from all her struggles.
It is very unfortunate. I hope they find Ryan Allen as soon as possible. That was a barbaric act!
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
Psycopaths everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 12:00am On Nov 22, 2013
Phder: Psycopaths everywhere.
I tell u. To think that one would do this in the name of love? It's ridiculous.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Missonas(f): 9:13am On Nov 23, 2013
Please share on your walls to help us find the killer of Adaobi. We need your help. Thanks http://fox59.com/2013/11/20/man-wanted-for-murder-in-death-of-colu

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Missonas(f): 9:20am On Nov 23, 2013
sad Tragic rest easy Ada!
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 11:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Anyone with any info on this guy shld contact the Columbus Police Department.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Missonas(f): 6:46am On Nov 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
Missonas: http://m.therepublic.com/view/local_story/Murder-suspect-captured-in-Tex_1385258137

Finally closure.ThankYou Lord!

Thanks for the update. So glad he was found. The final closure comes after he's been convicted. I sure hope the US does not disappoint on this one.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by omanifrank(m): 2:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
na wa
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Na wa o. Where una read say na her ex? shocked shocked shocked

Some people need moderator for their brain.

14 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by fittty(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Na way oh! This US and crime. angry
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by ifyalways(f): 2:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
infonubia:

Thanks for the update. So glad he was found. The final closure comes after he's been convicted. I sure hope the US does not disappoint on this one.
Me too. My heart goes out to her family,must be a tough time for them. sad
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by free2ryhme: 2:53pm On Nov 24, 2013
my kwesion

what is a 26 year old doing with a 36 year old roommate ?

naija girls sha

is it a parasitic or symbiotic relationship ?

4 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Leadn(m): 2:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
A real pity... Hope her family can assimilate this gory story and stay sane... very barbaric act!

R.I.P to her
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by texazzpete(m): 2:55pm On Nov 24, 2013
infonubia:
This is really sad. Why would you kill someone all in the name of love? Folks please don't live close to a jealous ex. Stay away! May Adaobi's soul rest in peace.

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that article that states that this suspect is her ex, or they were ever romantically involved. Why jump to conclusions?

12 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
k
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ha! She go dey date Oyinbo? Well, abeg 9ja girls feel free to date Oyinbo o... grin
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by fr3do(m): 2:57pm On Nov 24, 2013
cry she already had an MSc in EEE
They just killed herher
So sad
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 2:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that article that states that this suspect is her ex, or they were ever romantically involved. Why jump to conclusions?
There is actually something:

His brother told police he’d spoken with Klug about two weeks ago. Klug wanted to get back with a girl he’d dated. The relationship ended about a year ago. His brother told Klug to call her; he said Klug discovered she was dating someone else and told him, “I’m losing control.”

7 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Mariojane(f): 3:00pm On Nov 24, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by alfredo4u(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by ChiSun27(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
My soul weeps for the beautiful lass...journey well my dear sister.

My condolence to the Obihs'.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
Room mates as in how? Were they living in the same room or what? Abeg I no understand o!
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by IAMBREEZY: 3:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
R.i.p
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 3:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
berem: Room mates as in how? Were they living in the same room or what? Abeg I no understand o!
You can't. This is America not Nigeria. Yes, there are mixed gender roommates (but not necessarily the same room o...just sharing an apartment). A Nigerian in 9ja will find it difficult to comprehend. Coed dorm/roommates.

15 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by wowo2: 3:09pm On Nov 24, 2013
free2ryhme: my kwesion

naija girls sha

Flatmates, nothing out of the world there...nothing at all...

9 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by texazzpete(m): 3:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
logica:
There is actually something:

I'm sure there are over 150 million girls in the United States. Where's the certainty he was talking about Adaobi?

He's been her Roommate...that's all the article says.

6 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by texazzpete(m): 3:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
free2ryhme: my kwesion

naija girls sha

This has nothing to do with 'naija girls' and everything to do with your ignorance. Roommates can easily be used interchangeably with 'flatmates' here.

I'm not sure what the point of '26' and '36' is. At that age, both parties are adults.

20 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
texazzpete:

I'm sure there are over 150 million girls in the United States. Where's the certainty he was talking about Adaobi?

He's been her Roommate...that's all the article says.
But it is a safe assumption/conjecture that the murdered female was the ex he talked about with his brother; and I am sure even the Police will explore this angle.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by BE811APP: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2013
Sooo Sad....
RIP.. May God comfort her fmly..
Young and on her PHD..

Sad sad...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Religious Crisis Breaks Out At Kabala Junction In Kaduna, 3 Dead / Men Arrested With Counterfeit N8 Million In Niger State (Photo) / Jilted Man Bathes Ex-lover With Acid In Lagos (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.