Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (31650 Views)

Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Adaobi Obih's Suspected Killer Ryan Klug Caught In Texas / Adaobi Michaella Obih Killed In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
larger_20: This is why you date your own...A good Nigerian Man is golden and will never do this...even a bad one will not go this length....Unless of course he is a lunatic...
what do you mean a nigerian man wont do this? havent you read of nigerian men killing their wives and girlfriends, attacking them with acids, and oh yes! using them for rituals? i laugh at your comment that says nigerian men are golden. Oh! i wish. The world is just full of wicked people of which nigeria(ns) are no exceptions.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by vivysparkles(f): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
Paranoia is essential for survival here in the US! After all the crime channels I watched when I was in Nigeria, I know that Americans r unpredictable and time bombs waiting to detonate. As such, I cannot be comfortable coming home to man everyday who isn't my husband (black or white man). At least I live with a female, so if it comes to it, I can put up a fight or struggle and won't be easily overpowered. With a guy on the other hand, one 10yrs older than u for that matter, how do u want to fight or struggle without being overpowered?? The mere fact that ure a fine girl and they ain't sleeping with you is enuf reason for an American man to hold a grudge against you. Americans be kraykray!!! Please be paranoid nigerians in the US! Paranoia is good for you!

2 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by larger20(m): 8:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
sbaks:
what do you mean a nigerian man wont do this? havent you read of nigerian men killing their wives and girlfriends, attacking them with acids, and oh yes! using them for rituals? i laugh at your comment that says nigerian men are golden. Oh! i wish. The world is just full of wicked people of which nigeria(ns) are no exceptions.

Excuse me, I said "Good Nigerian Man" read it again...
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by binhozie(m): 8:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
I thought it was Nairaland's Adaobi123 o... shocked

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
larger_20:

Excuse me, I said "Good Nigerian Man" read it again...
you also said 'a bad one will not go this length' funny you know
'abeg' dont bad people act like lunatics?
oga! we are not fighting 'o' but! nigerian men are not any better

2 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by FACIGARTWO: 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
RIP Adaobi12.... cry cry cry
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Tonyfrancis(m): 9:20pm On Nov 24, 2013
Is awesome knowing how good police in forgien countries handle issues maturedly....mm R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
vivysparkles: Paranoia is essential for survival here in the US! After all the crime channels I watched when I was in Nigeria, I know that Americans r unpredictable and time bombs waiting to detonate. As such, I cannot be comfortable coming home to man everyday who isn't my husband (black or white man). At least I live with a female, so if it comes to it, I can put up a fight or struggle and won't be easily overpowered. With a guy on the other hand, one 10yrs older than u for that matter, how do u want to fight or struggle without being overpowered?? The mere fact that ure a fine girl and they ain't sleeping with you is enuf reason for an American man to hold a grudge against you. Americans be kraykray!!! Please be paranoid nigerians in the US! Paranoia is good for you!
nigeria is not safe itself with boko haram, kidnappers, etc. Paranoia is not good as it torments. Just pray for GOD's protection and live free (but not stupidly) . Be mindful of your female R/M she MAY NOT be a saint

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
R.i.p adaobi
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by cbrass(m): 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Missonas: Please share on your walls to help us find the killer of Adaobi. We need your help. Thanks http://fox59.com/2013/11/20/man-wanted-for-murder-in-death-of-colu

This is nigeria now..do you expect klug to run here??
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by tyor: 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
Quite Sad!

I dont wanna believe Klug is an EX. Or why would you stay in the same apartment with an Ex? Are people getting more stupid daily? or is it too much of following Kardashian Shows and the likes? Where Kanye would have a duet with Kim's bboner? Somethings are simply "ACTS", and ought not to be copied.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by StevePenninho(m): 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2013
Hmm, Is someone tinking straight here, there's a possibility dat dz guy was framed up fr murder. Well, I've watched a lot of movies and some experiences though dat dz guy may actually be innocent but was framed since he was her roomate.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Princewill1(m): 11:17pm On Nov 24, 2013
That country is bleeped big time.How can such inncident occur in a big city and in an apartment filled with other occupants without anyone knowing for days.This can't happen in my Africa.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Polio: 11:26pm On Nov 24, 2013
Unfortunate sad sad sad
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by larger20(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2013
There is an update on this. The man has been taken into Custody. See below

UPDATE: Columbus Police received notification from the U.S. Marshals Service that Ryan Klug, the man who was wanted in connection with the murder of 26-year-old Adaobi M. Obih has been taken into custody in the Galveston Texas area.

Authorities had been tracking Klug near Galveston since last night.

Representatives from Columbus Police will be going to Galveston to continue their investigation.

COLUMBUS – Columbus police obtained an arrest warrant for a man wanted for murder.

They’re looking for 36-year-old Ryan Allen Klug, who they say is now the prime suspect in the murder of 26-year-old Adaobi M. Obih, who was found dead Tuesday in an apartment. Police initially said Klug was a “person of interest” in the case.

Columbus police don’t think Klug is still in the area and said multiple law enforcement agencies were looking for him.
Adaobi M. Obih

Adaobi M. Obih

Police were alerted to Obih’s death after she missed work Monday and Tuesday without notifying anyone. Concerned coworkers contacted her apartment complex to ask about her. Police also contacted the property manager to request a welfare check, according to the arrest affidavit.

A maintenance worked went to check on the woman and said, “It’s not good, there is blood everywhere” after going to Obih’s apartment.

A neighbor said he noticed that the door to Obih’s garage spot was open and had been open for at least 24 hours. Klug, who police described as Obih’s roommate, parked his vehicle there.

The maintenance worker told police there were no signs of forced entry at the apartment and that only two people would’ve had keys: Obih and Klug. The maintenance worker told police he found Obih with a “large amount of blood around her head” and said it appeared clear that she was dead.

Police talked to Obih’s boyfriend, who revealed that he’d texted and called her multiple times but never heard back. The last message he received from her was at 12:17 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 17. When she failed to respond, he went to her apartment, saw her car in the parking lot and knocked on the door. Obih didn’t answer.

A neighbor who lives in the apartment below Obih’s said it sounded like someone was moving furniture during Sunday afternoon. “It went on for more than three minutes,” the neighbor said, adding that it happened shortly before tornado warnings went off for Sunday’s storms.

Police said Klug had texted a pastor asking him to call. When the pastor did so, Klug answered and said he couldn’t talk at the time.

Further investigation found that Obih had been stabbed multiple times and her throat cut. A blood trail went from the woman’s bedroom to Klug’s, and police said it appeared “the assailant attempted to clean up in the bathroom area belonging to Mr. Klug.” They also found a bloody towel in Klug’s sink. Police located a plastic bag containing a bloody sock and other clothes stained with blood, including blue jeans, boxers and a shirt. Police said the “amount of blood on these items was significant.”

Police found a trail of small blood drops leading from the apartment to the garage where Klug parked his vehicle. His 2008 silver Subaru Legacy was not parked in the garage.

Klug works for the Indiana Department of Transportation, and police contacted his supervisor, who told them Klug’s behavior had been “off” lately. He sent a text message Sunday saying, “sick tomorrow, then vacation next two weeks.” His supervisor said the message was out of character and also violated the department’s vacation time policy. Klug did not return texts or phone calls, his supervisor said. He didn’t show up at work Monday or Tuesday.

Klug’s stepmother and father said they hadn’t heard from him for several days.

His brother told police he’d spoken with Klug about two weeks ago. Klug wanted to get back with a girl he’d dated. The relationship ended about a year ago. His brother told Klug to call her; he said Klug discovered she was dating someone else and told him, “I’m losing control.”

Read more: http://fox59.com/2013/11/20/man-wanted-for-murder-in-death-of-columbus-woman/#ixzz2lbhfBOck

http://fox59.com/2013/11/20/man-wanted-for-murder-in-death-of-columbus-woman/#axzz2lbhI0g83
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by GHANAOGA: 12:14am On Nov 25, 2013
As much as I feel for her loss.I blame her for her choice of room mate.And yes..I have lived in the US for 10years now.why will a female go for a male roomate worse of all another race and older..rings a bell of inferiority complex.may her soul rest in peace.She doesnt deserve this! I don't know how the family can bear such a loss.Only God can comfort them!
This shd serve as a lesson to us all.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by vivysparkles(f): 1:04am On Nov 25, 2013
sbaks:
nigeria is not safe itself with boko haram, kidnappers, etc. Paranoia is not good as it torments. Just pray for GOD's protection and live free (but not stupidly) . Be mindful of your female R/M she MAY NOT be a saint

Nigerians are predictable...Americans are not! Nowhere is 100percent safe worldwide, but ur risks are much lower in naija give/take our governments negligence on important issues like air safety n bokoharam. The problem of Americans cannot be defined, at least you were able to define our problems in Nigeria. And when I say paranoia, I mean be very careful n cautious/wary. I'm sure u already knew that. Americans get depressed n commit suicide or kill a random person, how often do nigerians even get depressed despite all the chaos in our country. Abeg leave matter for Mathias.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Richy4(m): 1:52am On Nov 25, 2013
free2ryhme: my kwesion

what is a 26 year old doing with a 36 year old roommate ?

naija girls sha

is it a parasitic or symbiotic relationship ?

that was where she found accommodation.or better still a cheaper bargain. Roommates does not necessarily mean they are living in the same room. It could be two or three bedroom unit were common area like sitting room, laundry room and kitchen are shared.
based on what i read here the guy has his own toilet. meaning she was not sharing that with him. U do not expect her to spend all her money renting.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Deschil: 2:40am On Nov 25, 2013
"Roommate" in North America means flatmate, housemate etc. They don't share the same bedroom-there are many such arrangements.
free2ryhme: my kwesion

what is a 26 year old doing with a 36 year old roommate ?

naija girls sha

is it a parasitic or symbiotic relationship ?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by MsNas(f): 3:36am On Nov 25, 2013
binhozie: I thought it was Nairaland's Adaobi123 o... shocked
For the love of God!!! Be sensible please. Death isn't something to joke around with. But apparently, people like you don't care. Smh!
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by MsNas(f): 3:37am On Nov 25, 2013
dommfa:

what is wrong with majority of the guys online today? I have been reading a lot of incoherent, shallow,dumb and ignorant posts all day... are you guys okay? undecided

Ask them for me o! As per your question....No, majority of them are not! undecided

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by dheaven: 4:46am On Nov 25, 2013
The guy don toast the girl and she no gree.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by PassingShot(m): 5:49am On Nov 25, 2013
aManFromMars: Na wa o. Where una read say na her ex? shocked shocked shocked

Some people need moderator for their brain.

Because you don't read between the lines and not able to piece info together! grin grin grin
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by binhozie(m): 6:27am On Nov 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
For the love of God!!! Be sensible please. Death isn't something to joke around with. But apparently, people like you don't care. Smh!

Madam do you have any brain matter left?
I said I genuinely thought it was Adaobi123 prior to opening the thread, how is that a joke? Are you PMS'ing?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by AreaFada2: 6:34am On Nov 25, 2013
binhozie: I thought it was Nairaland's Adaobi123 o... shocked

Abeg God Forbid o, no mention our Ada like that o.
grin You wan give small bum bum team leader's admirers heart attack?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by MsNas(f): 6:42am On Nov 25, 2013
binhozie:

Madam do you have any brain matter left?
I said I genuinely thought it was Adaobi123 prior to opening the thread, how is that a joke? Are you PMS'ing?
Clap for yourself. Have you finished? Or e still remain? smileyYou can do better o, you know....

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by binhozie(m): 6:52am On Nov 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Clap for yourself. Have you finished? Or e still remain? smileyYou can do better o, you know....

I had it mind to bad mouth you a little more, but then I can see today's your big day. So I'll just bury the hatchet and go ahead a wish you a happy birthday grin
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by AreaFada2: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2013
binhozie:

I had it mind to bad mouth you a little more, but then I can see today's your big day. So I'll just bury the hatchet and go ahead a wish you a happy birthday grin

Thanks for letting this matter slide. On your way to being a good husband if you're not already married.

@ Ms Nas,

Happy birthday dear! LLNP.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by DECOtech(m): 7:11am On Nov 25, 2013
aManFromMars: Na wa o. Where una read say na her ex? shocked shocked shocked

Some people need moderator for their brain.

You sef, ur brain no get comprehensive ability.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by AdeniyiA(m): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2013
who knows maybe this lady would have had all her qualifications in Nigeria if not for our wobbly educational system,
the number of Nigerians our inefficient and corrupt govt indirectly kills is alarming, example is our roads. if we trace this tragic event back home to her family, we might discover that the irresponsibility of Nigerian govt was what led to her untimely death
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by MsNas(f): 8:17am On Nov 25, 2013
binhozie:

You're mouthed grin Thanks for the birthday wish.

But you won't wanna badmouth me sha, I was born in Ibadan. I will finish your career in badmouthing cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by TonySpike: 9:22am On Nov 25, 2013
vivysparkles: Paranoia is essential for survival here in the US! After all the crime channels I watched when I was in Nigeria, I know that Americans r unpredictable and time bombs waiting to detonate. As such, I cannot be comfortable coming home to man everyday who isn't my husband (black or white man). At least I live with a female, so if it comes to it, I can put up a fight or struggle and won't be easily overpowered. With a guy on the other hand, one 10yrs older than u for that matter, how do u want to fight or struggle without being overpowered?? The mere fact that ure a fine girl and they ain't sleeping with you is enuf reason for an American man to hold a grudge against you. Americans be kraykray!!! Please be paranoid nigerians in the US! Paranoia is good for you!

At the bolded, don't be too confident. Have you forgotten that any available object can serve as a weapon even if your flatmate is female?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Sold ‘monkey Tail ’ To Feed My Family – Woman Tells Ndlea / Joseph Odok: Lady Set Me Up For Assassination - Attacked UNICAL Lecturer / Alfred Bassa Commits Suicide After Passing Three Exams Without Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.