Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (31489 Views)

Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Adaobi Obih's Suspected Killer Ryan Klug Caught In Texas / Adaobi Michaella Obih Killed In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Truckpusher(m): 4:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
free2ryhme:

na swahili you dey mumble grin grin

Too many guys are weeding this hot Sunday afternoon no be small grin grin

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
You see... A man is a man whether he is an american or a nigerian. A beast is a beast whether the beast is of american origin or a 3rd world country like ours. Ladies learn your lessons, dont take things for granted. How dare u rent out your room to an opposite sex from different race believing you in a modern country where people appear to be civilized. The devil can use any man, jealousy is dangerious.
Ladies dont take things for granted. Even me self as a guy brought up in nigeria i cant rent my room to an opposite sex of same race let alone other race.
I.am.just.weeping.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Mimicole(f): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
ngooka: Buhari and Apc again?
u seriously see ds story as a joke abi?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ishilove:
My thoughts exactly. Why on earth did she have a man as a roomate??

Anyway, the answer is immaterial. Very tragic indeed sad

Roommate in this subject is not the same room but the same apartment. That is logic and it's common everywhere for a co-ed flat

How will her man allow her to sleep in the same room with a guy?

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by jamael(m): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
Missonas: http://m.therepublic.com/view/local_story/Murder-suspect-captured-in-Tex_1385258137

Finally closure.ThankYou Lord!
If you have read a James Hadley Chase novel, you will notice that the evidence are to obvious to be true. I suspect foul play as this might be an alibi to screw the 'Ryan' while the maniac smokes unperturbed. Remember: innocent until proven guilty. I rest my Case.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by rusher14: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
anyaekekehinde: You see... A man is a man whether he is an american or a nigerian. A beast is a beast whether the beast is of american origin or a 3rd world country like ours. Ladies learn your lessons, dont take things for granted. How dare u rent out your room to an opposite sex from different race believing you in a modern country where people appear to be civilized. The devil can use any man, jealousy is dangerious.
Ladies dont take things for granted. Even me self as a guy brought up in nigeria i cant rent my room to an opposite sex of same race let alone other race.
I.am.just.weeping.

Please if you are not informed, ask. Perhaps, people might put you through.

In the western world it is not uncommon to find people of different gender sharing an apartment with common utilities (bathroom, kitchen and living room) as well as other conveniences.

They would live in peace knowing each others boundary.

They could be friends, acquaintances, schoolmates or simply flatmates (roommates if you will).

A good analogy would be Musibau living in a face-me-I slap you with Onyinye.

It doesn't always result in malice, crime or homicide.

I hope this illustration has been of use to you.

Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Shaakasi(f): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
sooo sad embarassed embarassed RIP Ada
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by jamael(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
anyaekekehinde: You see... A man is a man whether he is an american or a nigerian. A beast is a beast whether the beast is of american origin or a 3rd world country like ours. Ladies learn your lessons, dont take things for granted. How dare u rent out your room to an opposite sex from different race believing you in a modern country where people appear to be civilized. The devil can use any man, jealousy is dangerious.
I.am.just.weeping.
this clearly shows your ethnic prejudice and nativity. I bet you never went to a school with boarding facilities or you went to a community school. Learning to be free but cautious will do you a load of good.

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Btruth:

Not certain with that though, but there's every possibility of him taking a vengeance out on Adaobi. Psychopath will do every irrational things when they lose it.
Even a psychopath is smart enough not to kill his roommate. They only lack empathy. Psychopathy is a personality disorder and not to be confused with psychiatric illness. And the only way it makes sense for a psychiatric patient to take out a perceived ill-treatment on someone else is if the other party reminds him (the psychiatric case) of the transgressor; which is why you see serial killers killing women that fit a certain description. So in short, except the ex was also black, your argument needs some adjustment.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by anyaekekehinde(m): 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
rusher14:

Please if you are not informed, ask. Perhaps, people might put you through.

In the western world it is not uncommon to find people of different gender sharing an apartment with common utilities (bathroom, kitchen and living room) as well as other conveniences.

They would live in peace knowing each others boundary.

They could be friends, acquaintances, schoolmates or simply flatmates (roommates if you will).

A good analogy would be Musibau living in a face-me-I slap you with Onyinye.

It doesn't always result in malice, crime or homicide.

I hope this illustration has been of use to you.

Thanks.

i know, i know, rusher14, i perfectly understand you.
But i stil have my reservations about it. Although no one can tell, but if she was living with same sex, this might not have happend. Lets leave room for error gap. Btw, i just xpressing my feelings just like the unexposed village niaja guy that i am...but.its.painful.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by free2ryhme: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2013
jamael:
this clearly shows your ethnic prejudice and nativity. I bet you never went to a school with boarding facilities or you went to a community school. Learning to be free but cautious will do you a load of good.

even in a school hostel opposite sex are not even allowed .. so what is your point
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by jamael(m): 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
free2ryhme:

even in a school hostel opposite sex are not even allowed .. so what is your point
read the last two statements in the quoted text. OK I c shocked angry.
but what about being ethnically biased?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by free2ryhme: 5:04pm On Nov 24, 2013
jamael:
read the last two statements in the quoted text. OK I c shocked angry.
but what about being ethnically biased?

he is taking cautionary measures
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
jamael:

when i was barely 1Oyears old, i left my house to school at a strong Federal Unity School,fgc idoani, i stayd 6years in a boarding house in a coed school,ask anybody around you what it means to attend a federal unity school. Later i proceeded to FUTA,where i stayd 5years at akindeko hall,when i served in rivers state, i stayd at corpers lodge. So for a large portion of my life, i have always cohabited with people successfuly&peacefully, but that doesnt mean i'm blind to the dangers involve. It is God that is protecting us bt we should try not to be negligent.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by jamael(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
anyaekekehinde:

when i was barely 1Oyears old, i left my house to school at a strong Federal Unity School,fgc idoani, i stayd 6years in a boarding house in a coed school,ask anybody around you what it means to attend a federal unity school. Later i proceeded to FUTA,where i stayd 5years at akindeko hall,when i served in rivers state, i stayd at corpers lodge. So for a large portion of my life, i have always cohabited with people successfuly&peacefully, but that doesnt mean i'm blind to the dangers involve. It is God that is protecting us bt we should try not to be negligent.
Alright brother. I see your point. No offense meant. cry
anyaekekehinde:

Alright brother. I see your point. No offense meant.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
Na so oyibo take end my namesake's life in her prime. God will definitely judge the murderer. Evil that men do always live with them,and after them. RIP SISTER.MAY YOUR SOUL FIND FAVOUR PEACE B4 OUR LORD.*sobs*
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Afrok(m): 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Although it wasn't stated in d report dt Adaobi was Ryan's ex, but d fact dt his brother said Ryan told him he was losing out in d control of getting his ex back might be one of d reasons he acted d way he did. wot I know is dt "LOVE" can cause more harm than " HATRED", don't ask me how... R.I.P Adaobi
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by MOORCHMOORE(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
Which kind story is this, Room Mate abi Boy Friend.
I never see Goat and Yam staying in a store as Roomiees. Rip Susta.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by lokzie: 5:54pm On Nov 24, 2013
it is difficult for some Nigerians to understand how a lady and a guy can be roommates without any intimacy. The truth is 'roommate' is often used as 'flat/apartment mate' and for those 'ignorant' ones thinking 'oh I wish I can have a female roommate when I get to the states ' if you try anything, you will be scarred for life and possibly spend life in jail. Try to understand why and how things work in a society other than yours before you draw conclusions. Some Americans may be thinking that all Nigerians are Mumu as Stella Oduah could still be in office after all the damning evidence against her (but we know that in Naija, things work differently and this doesn't necessarily make ALL Nigerians fools).

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Mckayla: 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
logica:
There is actually something:

I hope you are not one of the graduates, produced by the ASUU, asking the FG for billions.

You wouldn't need to call a room-mate, as a room-mate lives in another room, in the same house as the person concerned.

They were not dating, he's not her ex.

2 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by infonubia(m): 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2013
****UPDATE****

The story of 26-year-old Adaobi Michaella Obih's murder was posted in InfoNubia last week. At the time we reported that authorities were on a manhunt for the prime suspect in the killing, Ryan Allen Klug.

According to the police, Ryan Allen Klug was taken into custody in the Galveston, Texas on Saturday night.

The 36-year-old state highway engineer was apprehended by agents with the U.S. Marshals office in Texas, said Lt. Matt Myers, spokesman for the Columbus Police Department.

While this might be some kind of relief for Adaobi's loved ones, there wouldn't be any closure until justice is served. We hope the U.S. justice system will consider all the facts in this case as soon as possible and pronounce judgement on the accused.

It is really heartbreaking when you think about what could have become of this beautiful 26-year-old Ph.D student. Some psycho just cut her off before her prime.

May her soul continue to rest in peace (Amen)

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/11/suspect-in-killing-of-nigerian-woman.html
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by ojeffo: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
lokzie: it is difficult for Nigerians to understand how a lady and a guy can be roommates without any intimacy. The truth is 'roommate' is often used as 'flat/apartment mate' and for those 'ignorant' ones thinking 'oh I wish I can have a female roommate when I get to the states ' if you try anything, you will be scarred for life and possible spend life in jail. Try to understand why and how things work in a society other than yours before you drawn conclusions. Some Americans may be thinking that all Nigerians are Mumu as Stella Oduah could still be in office after all the damning evidence against her (but we know that in Naija, things work differently and this doesn't necessarily make ALL Nigerians fools).
What is dis illiterate saying...?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Stylaay(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
free2ryhme:

Were you born a m0ron or you just worked on it?

i have been trying to comprehend how some of you reason before commenting on nairaland; could it be the age factor? I know a couple of teenagers that think deep and sound intelligent. She had a job and was going to school. Traits of a very focused young lady boi

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
obadiah777: brave woman. living with american oyinbo man. the most demonic male specie on earth
Statistically she was more likely to have been killed by a black man than by a white man. So what's your point? The vast majority of blacks murdered in the US were murdered by other blacks primarily by black males.

3 Likes

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
All dis oyibo dem wan dey use us for rituals now?

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
oluxy: Green pasture!!! Who knows the person responsible for her death? 9ja ladies with white guess..
9ja guys can't kill a lady, at worst they jilt. But white, they are psycho. They waste persons life and prefer been sentence to prison..

what is wrong with majority of the guys online today? I have been reading a lot of incoherent, shallow,dumb and ignorant posts all day... are you guys okay? undecided
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
Missonas: All those calling the suspect her ex or whatever should please get their facts right before jumping into conclusion.However even if he was her ex she didn't deserve this!

..and also, some have already concluded that she was living off the guy....SMH

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by lokzie: 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
The 'illiterate' is saying that 'literate' people like you should know that the world is bigger than their own communities and that cultures differ, so having a roommate who is of the opposite sex doesn't necessarily mean one has an intimate relationship with them- at least not in North America. Find someone to help you translate it to your literate language as it doesn't seem to be English.
ojeffo:
What is dis illiterate saying...?
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by stevecantrell: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Pity !
The white dude couldn't get enough of this pretty black girl and when they broke up he lost it !
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by logica(m): 7:32pm On Nov 24, 2013
Mckayla:

I hope you are not one of the graduates, produced by the ASUU, asking the FG for billions.

You wouldn't need to call a room-mate, as a room-mate lives in another room, in the same house as the person concerned.

They were not dating, he's not her ex.
Abi were (as in mental illness) dey worry dis one mama? Kila gbe ki lo ju. Well, I am glad you are hopeful; because I am not sure you can read to understand comprehensively.
Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
I.am.just.weeping.
there is 'nothing wrong' with someone leasing his or her property to an opposite sex that is not of his or her race. whites at times could be better tenants. Its not her fault. Just like you said a beast is a beast. You never can just tell. didnt she make findings before leasing it to him? there should be more to this story (to me 'sha o')

1 Like

Re: Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder by larger20(m): 7:45pm On Nov 24, 2013
This is why you date your own...A good Nigerian Man is golden and will never do this...even a bad one will not go this length....Unless of course he is a lunatic...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fraudster Who Impersonated Lagos, Ondo Deputy Governors Arrested (Pictured) / Babatunde Martins: Nigerian Living In Ghana Extradited To US To Face Fraud Case / Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Attack Kola Village In Adamawa (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.