Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,809 members, 7,956,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! (1880 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / More Progress On Benin-ore Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by otesy: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2008
I don't know about you, but travelling to Lagos by bus from Benin for me has become a really horrifying experience. The road is in terrible condition. The journey which ought to last for about 4 hours now takes 6hours and if you are terribly unlucky, be ready to spend 9 hours making the trip. It happened to me so I know what I am talking about. the volume of traffic on that road is something else coupled with the number of overloaded tippers and trucks which pass the road, it's no wonder it's in the state i is. I don't think that road was initially constructed to carry the load it currently carries and the shoddy repairs done recently can not and is not standing the test of time. The road is already ridden with craters and gulleys. Someone should do something about this before we have valleys in the centre of our express way. Sometimes I wonder if the transport ministry, ministry of works and Ferma are unaware of th untold hardship suffered by travellers when on that road. They spend our money flying over and as such do not understand the extent to which deterioration has set in. Air your views,
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by otokx(m): 10:48am On Jul 20, 2008
That road has been used to steal millions of dollars by them politicians.
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by Jakumo(m): 1:03pm On Jul 20, 2008
Otokx said it.  If that road is repaired properly there will be more than a few of politicians and fly-by-night "contractors" who would find it more difficult than usual to purchase real estate in London and sexual favors in Nigeria.  Enemies of progress must not be allowed to interrupt the cash flow modalities of the chosen few.

In order to safeguard the embezzling rights of Nigeria's selected leaders, the Benin Expressway must be allowed to fall into even worse decay, and of course all those who die in car wrecks after hitting craters on that road can rest assured that they will sit on the right-hand side of Jesus and Allah, in eternal reward for fulfilling their patriotic duty while on earth.
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2008
Jakumo:

Otokx said it. If that road is repaired properly there will be more than a few of politicians and fly-by-night "contractors" who would find it more difficult than usual to purchase real estate in London and sexual favors in Nigeria. Enemies of progress must not be allowed to interrupt the cash flow modalities of the chosen few.

In order to safeguard the embezzling rights of Nigeria's selected leaders, the Benin Expressway must be allowed to fall into even worse decay, and of course all those who die in car wrecks after hitting craters on that road can rest assured that they will sit on the right-hand side of Jesus and Allah, in eternal reward for fulfilling their patriotic duty while on earth.

ROFLMAO!!
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by desgiezd(m): 3:33pm On Jul 20, 2008
That road is a shame to this country and it is only shameless leaders that will overlook its state as they have done for a long time. The asphalt on this road has become weak and needs to be removed completely and new one laid. But our leaders would prefer patching it. Each time a particular portion is patched and before the contractors would work for about a kilometre from the patched portion, another pothole would have propped up again close to the patched portion. And the circus dance continues with contractors perpetually working on the road and the condition getting worse.
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by Gamine(f): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2008
A girl i just graduated with Died on this road, barely three weeks ago.

she died with her sister and her mum. cry cry cry cry

May God forgive those responsible!!! cry cry
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by Jakumo(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2008
Gamine, forgive my making light of an ongoing tragedy that is caused by a few greedy Nigerians who steal every penny that gets allocated to the repair of that lunar surface that passes for a road. Those career thieves murdered your friend, her sister and many countless others before and yet to come, using the deadliest weapon of all - a pen.
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by otesy: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2008
The road is a disgrace.   So many have lost their lives there, either through car crashes or armed robbers who take advantage of the fact that the road keeps people there till late at night to attack innocent travellers. It's just a terrible situation.
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by Gamine(f): 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2008
@Jakumo, its ok, i get what you meant anyways

its just so sad cry cry

They expect people to fly on their friends airplanes at such ridiculous prices, terrible cry cry cry
Re: The Appaling State Of Benin - Ore Road! by ADint(m): 1:23am On Jul 21, 2008
otesy:

I don't know about you, but travelling to Lagos by bus from Benin for me has become a really horrifying experience. The road is in terrible condition. The journey which ought to last for about 4 hours now takes 6hours and if you are terribly unlucky, be ready to spend 9 hours making the trip. It happened to me so I know what I am talking about. the volume of traffic on that road is something else coupled with the number of overloaded tippers and trucks which pass the road, it's no wonder it's in the state i is. I don't think that road was initially constructed to carry the load it currently carries and the shoddy repairs done recently can not and is not standing the test of time. The road is already ridden with craters and gulleys. Someone should do something about this before we have valleys in the centre of our express way. Sometimes I wonder if the transport ministry, ministry of works and Ferma are unaware of th untold hardship suffered by travellers when on that road. They spend our money flying over and as such do not understand the extent to which deterioration has set in. Air your views,

Actually this used to be a 2 hour journey. It is amazing how a Govt. cannot comprehend how 'little' they have to do to make a big difference in peoples lives.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Fresh Tension In Ekiti As Inec Fails To Hold Poll In Oye / From Yahoo-yahoo To Kidneys For Money? / Charles Okah Writes A Troubling Letter From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.