Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. (15208 Views)

Engineering Vs Medicine, Which Is More Expensive To Study / Chemical Engineering Vs Petroleum Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by destino24(m): 7:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wizkoko:

I believe you are now a graduate, so how was your experience?

Was awesome, currently waiting for NYSC mobilisation. You have any questions, I'm right here
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by Wizkoko(m): 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
Moblord:
i have not gone deep, i'm in 100lvl but the course is good, if you have the opportunity to change to civil engineering you should; not because its more marketable but because u have passion for it. If you can't then stick to agric engineering, you can work in Federal ministry of agric, research institutes like IITA, ministry of water resources and so on. Which school is it?

OK, Bro, thanks for your contribution.
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by Wizkoko(m): 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
destino24:

Was awesome, currently waiting for NYSC mobilisation. You have any questions, I'm right here

Alright. I wish you best of luck.
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by dube4peace(m): 6:08am On Feb 24, 2016
I studied guidance and counseling, as a matter of fact am a counselor. U guys disappointed me for been so controversial on this educative thread, both field are very very close, I do not expect a graduate of agriculture engineering to wonder about seeking for work, its purely a professional course. I always adviced agric engineers to go mechanical or fabrication for master's, mechanical engineers only fabricate and design, while agric engineers designed, fabricate,impliment and processed. No one is superior anyway.
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by tunamania(m): 6:44am On Feb 24, 2016
I studied mechanical engineering for my first degree in the Premier University... Ui... Currently doing my masters in the same department and like others have rightly said, it's an insult to compare mech with Agric engr. The person who started the post probably wants enough points to win arguments later on offline cos they (Agric students) always try to whine us to admit they're better. But even they know they're not.
Firstly, mechanical engineers are needed everywhere.... From the mining industry to aerospace.. To power... To banking Industry (if not cos we're smart enough to be there then just think about air conditioning, the advanced type). Then to petroleum industry... Even agricultural companies need us. Someone said mechanical engineers design machines based on field... That's laughable cos as an undergraduate I worked the design of a beans seiving machine and my final year project was on preserving agricultural products with the use of evaporative cooling (just think about the cold water u get in those clay pots on the villages, it works based on that principle). Both are agriculture related. As mech engrs, all u need is to understand what u want to design and what it does... Then design to suit that purpose... It's design of machines really not advanced robotics... Talking about robotics... The course is actually called mechatronics... Y not agrictronics... That's cos it's starts with us before things like automation get fitted in. Abeg abeg make we leave trash for lawma, you'd have counter arguments but they'd definitely amount to saving face or filibustering but we already know the truth. Don't let's mislead new intakes by saying one is better. Let everyone follow their passion. I'm sure a yoruba graduate can make it anywhere. So just develop yourself and we'd all meet at the top. Later folks.
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by barackodam: 12:52pm On Jun 13, 2016
destino24:

Hello brother!!!

Sorry to ask, which school did you graduate from?
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by destino24(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
barackodam:

Hello brother!!!

Sorry to ask, which school did you graduate from?

ESUT
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by barackodam: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
destino24:

ESUT

Thanks bro for the prompt response.

I'm doing pure AE, recently though, my school just added bio resources to it, but I guess that's for the new intakes, so I'm graduating with pure AE, I'm in quarter finals now, due for IT second quarter of next year.

Due to nature of our course, I've been looking up to companies or firms I can do IT already so as to avoid stories that touch when the time comes.

Here comes the thing, do you have any idea where I can go for IT, most preferably in Lagos.

PS: I school in the northern part of the country
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by destino24(m): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2016
barackodam:

Thanks bro for the prompt response.

I'm doing pure AE, recently though, my school just added bio resources to it, but I guess that's for the new intakes, so I'm graduating with pure AE, I'm in quarter finals now, due for IT second quarter of next year.

Due to nature of our course, I've been looking up to companies or firms I can do IT already so as to avoid stories that touch when the time comes.

Here comes the thing, do you have any idea where I can go for IT, most preferably in Lagos.

PS: I school in the northern part of the country

I schooled in the East, so I can't possibly tell what firms are available. But I did my internship with a state agricultural parastatal, in the Engineering dept.
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by barackodam: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2016
destino24:

I schooled in the East, so I can't possibly tell what firms are available. But I did my internship with a state agricultural parastatal, in the Engineering dept.

Yeah, you're right. I just realized.

You said ESUT, my brain had interpreted EKSU, thanks anyway man!

I appreciate smiley
Re: Agricultural Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering. by ga6992: 11:56am On Dec 31, 2018
destino24:

Yeah right, mechanical students are so good at screaming "mech is better than than abe", but they can't make a single valid argument to back that claim. it's an illusion.

If you're a university student, by 200 level, you would offer a course with the title " Engineer in the society".

There, you would be told that ABE is the mother of all engineering disciplines.

futminna ba

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eastern Palm University To Offer Automatic Scholarship To Outstanding Jambites / UNILORIN Wins West African Debate Championship Held In Ghana / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.