Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,545 members, 7,823,391 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! (12736 Views)

Tinubu To Sue AIT For Airing ‘Defamatory Documentary’ / Muslim Group Attacks Gov. Fayose Over Malicious Newspaper Adverts / Presidency Slams APC Over ‘malicious’ Claim Of Planned Handover To The Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
[s]
jusRadical:
oddler please you can criticize the FGN policies but don't result to insults. By resulting to insults, you are only showing people how bad your home trainning was (if at all you had any).

She is paid in dollars because she has what the country needs: she is a hot cake. World bank, OBJ, GEJ, etc, required her services and went for her.

Tell me, who has ever call-up your father, mother, you or anybody from your lineage for any community assignment; let alone LGA or state assignment?

Don't allow jealousy and tribalism to eat you up. These 2 have the capacity to short your life span.

Who knows that you exist? But the whole world knows that she does.
[/s]

Well, the whole world know who Idi Amin was - so your point is? What's there to be jealous of anyway? I'm in my mid-20s and I'm definitely ahead of her in life, while she was at my age. So why would I be jealous of a failure who had the opportunity to do a job for more than 12 years and is still a failure? What would she be remembered for?

You're a low-life and a bum. I guess that's why the paper-qualifications of non-performing fat midget with pig lips means a lot to you. We don't rate that out here. You have got a job, do it. And if you can't, buzz off. Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by manny4life(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2013
Igwe.:

No waiver was granted to the Coscharis, it was to the aviation sector, and it was targeted at the maintenance of the aviation equipment to improve the standard and safety but unfortunately, coscharis classified imported the car and classified it as aviation equipment and the dumb custom man could not seek for clarifications from the finance minister.

Nah man, the custom man wasn't dumb, he willfully participated in the coverup scheme, this goes by what I said few days ago on a different thread about why are Igbos hated so much. The CUSTOMS are willing participants in whatever goods and services that's destroying Nigeria, yet they blame Igbos. If they aren't, such activity should have been stopped right there and reversed, but no, they participated, now they hound down on her... Abegi.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by texazzpete(m): 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
manny4life:

Nah man, the custom man wasn't dumb, he willfully participated in the coverup scheme, this goes by what I said few days ago on a different thread about why are Igbos hated so much. The CUSTOMS are willing participants in whatever goods and services that's destroying Nigeria, yet they blame Igbos. If they aren't, such activity should have been stopped right there and reversed, but no, they participated, now they hound down on her... Abegi.

You trivialize this whole discussion by turning it into an ethnic issue.
Okonjo-Iweala is being blamed here, not the hardworking man in Onitsha market or the industrious transporter in Nnewi.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by manny4life(m): 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
texazzpete:

You trivialize this whole discussion by turning it into an ethnic issue.
Okonjo-Iweala is being blamed here, not the hardworking man in Onitsha market or the industrious transporter in Nnewi.

Nah I did not trivialize the issue to an ethnic one, you're better than this. Read my comment again, I replied him because he exonerated the ignorant customs officer which is the reason for NOI being "BLAMED" like you put it. I referred back to my statement from few days ago, and this confirms my stand that customs are willing participants in whatever scheme is killing Nigeria and Nigerians at large.

Thank you.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by lincolnj88: 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Coscharis sell cars..

Coscharis sells finished goods produced by the Auto Industries.

Two key words in the definition of industry were Manufacture and factories.. When the word industrialisation is mentioned, they do not refer to the sellers, they talk about the manufacturers.

Coscharis may manufacture pure water & Computers, but their car sales is not an Industry...

If its not clear to you by now.. Then like Yuzedo will say; 'I give up'.
grin
Nna dont giv up yet.... Car sales is it not providing of services......goods and services are related to any industry...... So please nna were do we classify coscharis.... Banking industry or automobile industry or okija shrine....
Nna u dini 2 dulll grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by texazzpete(m): 12:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
manny4life:

Nah I did not trivialize the issue to an ethnic one, you're better than this. Read my comment again, I replied him because he exonerated the ignorant customs officer which is the reason for NOI being "BLAMED" like you put it. I referred back to my statement from few days ago, and this confirms my stand that customs are willing participants in whatever scheme is killing Nigeria and Nigerians at large.

Thank you.

Yes, you're right. I misread your post. I apologize.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
texazzpete:

'Achievements' aren't just about money. Mother Theresa never commanded the wealth and power Okonjo-Iweala has, she will remain remembered and revered long after Mrs Iweala is dust.

Perhaps you'd throw your mother under the bus for her...but I'm pretty sure @4chi is perfectly happy with his own mother.

When I think about NOI, I only remember her bare-faced lies during the fuel subsidy crisis.

I think you people need to get your priorities in order. All I am interested in is a good Nigeria to leave to my children. To me, anyone who stands in the way of that is scum!

If you must know, she was not called by OBJ and and GEJ because of money neither did she rise throught the rank and file in world bank because of money.

No matter how much you hate the woman, she is more knowlegable than you. You cannever achieve what she have achieved whether academically, maritally, financially, locally, nationally and internationally.

As I said earlier you can criticize her policies as it affects the nation, but no need to call her names.

Let me tell you, name calling comes from deep-seated anger and/or hatred which kills very fast.

Why talk of mother theresa, I thougt that you will compare Ngozi Okonjo Iweala with your own mother and 4chi's mother or even with your wives of you are married or when you will get married.

Note: I have respect for your mothers and wives.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by davidiyke(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
JUNK JOURNALISM JUST LIKE THE NATION NEWSPAPERS. LIKE BIRDS LINKED TO AN OWNER WITH LIKE MIND.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by kalohkaloh: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
How many of the people passing comments here actually read the offensive Punch Editorial? Apparently very few. This is why many of the comments here are lamentable and unfortunate! What Punch has done is to put the Minister in a hot seat for her to explain to Nigerians what the huge waivers translated to in terms of job creation, tax payment to government and general industrial output to benefit the economy. If Auntie Ngozi's mouthpiece can come up with statistics on the benefits of the waivers to the economy, then, I will personally lead a protest to the Punch. But, I doubt if he has such figures. For now, the information available to Nigerians is that the waiver regime has been thoroughly abused and corrupted to satisfy the lust of crooks in our midst as was in Stella Oduah's case. Rather than getting upset, Auntie Ngozi should DO THE NEEDFUL and henceforth ensure the conduct of post waiver monitoring to establish the actual benefits of the policy to the economy. Kudos to the Punch Editorial on this matter.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
manny4life:

Thank you.

Please don't mind the costome man. Do know the billion naira revenue that the Nigeria has been denying the FGN.

The rot in the Nigerian Custom services is at its peak. My brother, speak with those in clearing and forwarding business and you will understand what I am talking about.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2013
lincolnj88: grin
Nna dont giv up yet.... Car sales is it not providing of services......goods and services are related to any industry...... So please nna were do we classify coscharis.... Banking industry or automobile industry or okija shrine....
Nna u dini 2 dulll grin

Since you are grasping for straws.. I'll throw you a lifeline..

Coscharis autos are part of the retail industry..

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by manny4life(m): 12:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
texazzpete:

Yes, you're right. I misread your post. I apologize.

No problem, accepted.. grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
manny4life:

Thanks man. You understand the drift.

Who do you blame for substandard goods? Is it the importer or the custom officials that have the powers to seize those goods? The Nigerian customs has everything necessary to stop the importation of fake products. They have laws, the guns, the personel, financial resources, etc.

Do they do their job? No!!! They collect bribes and look the other way while fake and substandard goods are imported and cleared daily. They even take samples of all imported goods.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by russellino: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju: I know that waivers and grants are all part of the governments industrialisation policy.

But on what grounds did the FG grant a blanket tax waiver to Coscharis (which is not an industry) to import 300 cars?!

How can other Nigerians access this waiver scheme?!

What does it take to qualify for a Waiver?!

Exactly! Can anybody just walk in and get a waiver? Me sef I need one
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by achigogoggle(m): 1:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
taharqa: I thought I asked you to SHUT ya mouth UP??

Don't mind the fo.Ol. Quoting him makes him look important.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sheeple: [s][/s]

Well, the whole world know who Idi Amin was - so your point is? What's there to be jealous of anyway? I'm in my mid-20s and I'm definitely ahead of her in life, while she was at my age. So why would I be jealous of a failure who had the opportunity to do a job for more than 12 years and is still a failure? What would she be remembered for?

You're a low-life and a bum. I guess that's why the paper-qualifications of non-performing fat midget with pig lips means a lot to you. We don't rate that out here. You have got a job, do it. And if you can't, buzz off. Get a life!

No matter how right a sane man is, he must never fight with a mad man even when the mad man provokes him because people must blame the sane man and even ask him if he is made for fighting a mad man.

Please listen to how you sound. Don't you sound frustrated? Don't you sound angry and jealous? Stop unleashing your frustration in life on other people.

You think that I will resort to insults and name calling as you do? Wrong!!!! I have better upbringing than you can imagine. I was brought up to treat people with respect.

Please in your frustrated 20s can you tell me the school you attended, your grade, academic achievements, and other achievements. Please go to google , search for Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's achievements when she was at the same age with you, compare hers with the 'so called' yours and comeback and tell me who is better?
Shame on you that you are comparing yourself with a woman.

As a kid you lack what I call BASIC. Beginners All-Purpose Social/Society Instruction Code.

This boy/kid you lack home trainning.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by ballabriggs: 1:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
taharqa: No, OLODO. Get the Punch Editorial and read. The ONLY real accusation Punch made in respect of this new Sector-wide Waiver System was actuali the #603billion Revenue lost due to the policy. The Editorial DID NOT MENTION A SINGLE CASE OF CORRUPTION OR ABUSE RELATING TO THIS NEW SYSTEM. Let me repeat: Punch did not mention A SINGLE case of corruption associated with this new System. Go and read d article again, if you hv actuali even read it, that is. The Cases or Examples of Abuses Punch gave in the Editorial were solely those from 2003-2011 ie BEFORE this new System was introduced by NOI!! How d helll do you criticize a particular System by rehearsing Examples of d abuses of d previous System, esp when the whole purpose of d new System (the very reason we all shouted at d Govt to introduce it) was to eliminate, or rather reduce, d Incidences of the Abuses of d Previous System?? How the hell does that happen if it was not a deliberately attempt to mix up stuffs in order to hookwick d many gullible people that unfortunately abode in today's Nigeria? What is it if not a Piece of Propaganda; an Hacket job to sway Weak minds?? The Editorial even went afar as giving Examples of Abuses in d EEG Scheme; a Scheme that is very diff from the new Waiver Scheme they were suppossedly criticizing! And what is worst, d Examples given were also pre-2012. Punch also conveniently 'forgot' to mention that this same EEG that has been abused all along for years was even recently suspended by this same Govt in order to try to 'clean it up', yet Punch used Examples that happened years ago under the scheme to criticize a new, diff Scheme!! Does that seem fair to you? Do you chaps even hv Consciences any more?? And to think that d Sector-based Waiver Policy has even started yielding positive results: Nigeria's Non-Oil Export for the 1st 3months of this year was almost $3billion (over #300billion), which is almost same amount d country exported for the entire year sm few years ago; similarly, Nigeria's Import bill last year reduced by over #800billion!! Sectors such as Power, Aviation, Cassava, Cement, Oil palm/Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Rice, Mining, Telecoms, sm Manufacturing, are particularly benefiting from it already. Of course, Punch also conveniently left that out..... I HATE HYPOCRISY with every thing I got. And Lies; and Halftruths; and Distortions; and utter Desperation. In fact, I spiit on yaall. Ya Guts DISGUST me. I can't even properly convey how I reali feel at times at the Shenanigans of it all.

I doubt your level of intelligence. Punch has based its argument on the submission of the Comp Gen of Customs to the house in September. The man has stated that the country's treasury has lost billions of naira in revenue. That is enough for any individual to raise alarm.

Secondly, whether it is sector wide or on an individual basis is not the issue. The issue here is the abuse in the system. In the early 2000s mobile telephone service providers were granted import waivers for their equipments. That did not stop them from abusing the regime as there were cases of goods not covered by the waiver being smuggled. We have seen same with Coscharis who fraudulently included and imported vehicles not covered by waiver duty and tax free. That did not happen in 2009 as it happened recently.

Thirdly, please save your propaganda of how import bills are reducing, how exports are growing bla bla bla. I am a monetarist and I only need to see the actions of the CBN to know those figures are false and cheap propaganda. This year alone, it has consistently held on to a tighter monetary policy to save the reserves. It is devaluing the naira whilst putting in place thighter exchange controls. That is not a country reducing its import bills and growing exports. Such lies will only come from deluded humans like you.

Finally next time you write, use paragraphs and give spaces. You have written like one who is not mentally stable.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by lincolnj88: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin nna a coy that can supply 300 cars to a state govt, u called dat a retail industry,
Nna a company that can handle d supply of 2 armoured bmw worthing 255 million naira, u called dat retail industry...nnw wetin na.....talk tru na....I can call some road side sellers a retailer ,but I cant classify coscharis like dat na.... Check it out nna..

Coscharisgroup.com..
Coscharis Group
coscharisgroup.com/
A leading auto company in Nigeria, Coscharis Motors, on Friday next week will welcome all MINI customers, prospects .........

Nna get ur a$$ in order ,stop farting on every thread on nairaland....we have place for d kids, just go and relax dere...... grin

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by manny4life(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju:

Nwa Okija, auto sales aren't part of "RETAIL INDUSTRY" as you put it because they aren't classified as "GOODS" and can neither be classified under hardline nor softline goods (two types of goods in retail). Autos like other machinery (light, heavy or specialized) are classified as "Equipments", and yes like any other commercial activity (wholesale > retail > consumers), they participate in retail activity, but cannot be classified as "Retail". Just a hint, you can go to the stores and purchase regular types of household or office goods (which are retailed goods), and they are classified under "SUPPLIES", but when a company purchases an auto like a sedan or van or truck, they are classified under "equipment" as assets.

Thank you.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by texazzpete(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
jusRadical:
If you must know, she was not called by OBJ and and GEJ because of money neither did she rise throught the rank and file in world bank because of money.

Where did I say she was called by OBJ and GEJ 'because of money'?

jusRadical:

No matter how much you hate the woman, she is more knowlegable than you.

I don't hate her. I just don't worship her like you do.
And I agree she is way more knowledgable than I am when it comes to financial matters. She doesn't know more than I do in several other areas. But I digress.

jusRadical:
You cannever achieve what she have achieved whether academically, maritally, financially, locally, nationally and internationally.

academically, financially, locally, internationally...perhaps. But I'm in stitches here over your insertion of the 'maritally' part of that diatribe. LMAO! Pray, tell me, is there any international benchmark for 'marital success'?
Perhaps you'd trade your family for hers, but I'm happily married with two beautiful children that give me such joy. Inserting the 'maritally' part is just plain brainless.

jusRadical:

As I said earlier you can criticize her policies as it affects the nation, but no need to call her names.

As I said, I reserve the right to be angry with anyone whose policies are hurting my country. I wonder why you're so emotionally invested in this argument. From your choice of words, you clearly are not educated enough or intelligent enough to be one of her kids or direct relations. Are you the househelp? Driver?

jusRadical:

Let me tell you, name calling comes from deep-seated anger and/or hatred which kills very fast.

Anger, yes. Hatred? No.
I haven't heard that hatred kills fast. Any verified source for that nugget of wisdom?

jusRadical:

Why talk of mother theresa, I thougt that you will compare Ngozi Okonjo Iweala with your own mother and 4chi's mother or even with your wives of you are married or when you will get married.

Note: I have respect for your mothers and wives.

I used Mother Theresa as an example to show 'achievements' aren't always tied to how much money you've made or what lofty positions you've occupied in the Government. Sure that should have been clear to you.

I never compared Okonjo-Iweala to anyone's mother. I said @4chi would not swap his mother for NOI. I will never make that swap myself. Perhaps you would, but that's your own cup of tea.

At the end of the day, you certainly do not live up to your 'jusRadical' username. Nothing radical about your inane posts, just the same generic hero-worship words one can expect to hear from star-struck boys. The matter of the day is Okonjo-Iweala's stewardship as the Finance Minister, and I am currently unhappy with some of her words and actions.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
How you guys arrive at this permutation statistics is quite baffling?
As if voting is easy addition arithmetic

really? You need to get your hands on INEC election manual or read the electoral acts... Ignorance is not an excuse.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by achigogoggle(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sheeple: The fugly fat midget with pig lips is driving the country into the ground, but trust Igbo's of Nigeria to always throw tribal tantrums in everything. These people are the most bigoted people on the planet!!

Another mo.Ron on the loose, I wish you have a brain no matter how low your IQ is, I would have volunteered to school you a little about certain things in life.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by bloggernaija: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
take dat: Hogwash! NOI is incapable of ever accepting her little failings and intolerant of receiving knocks from analysts or criticism from the media. Criticism is the grist of Democracy. Punch's editorial was premised on the submission of the Comptroller General of Customs. I am sure the posters above me did not read the editorial published by Punch before the ethnic solidarity.

"The Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko, had stunned a Senate joint-committee that by September, the nation had lost N603 billion to import duty waivers, exemption of levies, concessions and import substitution schemes. Of this amount, N264 billion was lost to waivers on petroleum products import and N76 billion to manufacturers and assembly plants. Corruption and fiscal indiscipline have obviously sunk to an unacceptable level. Even more stunning was the feeble attempt by Okonjo-Iweala to defend the reckless abuse of waivers and other incentives as policies designed to help certain sectors and generate jobs."

http://www.punchng.com/editorial/jonathan-okonjo-iweala-and-waivers/

Its become a crime for challenge Okonjo and speak against the waste in the system , why? Because of her academic excellence, and academic excellence does not make one a good manager of the economy. Her hallmark is singing aloud tunes that are discordant with the reality on ground. I trust the 'Ethnic Gangs' to label Punch a Yoruba paper in a bid of defend NOI.

The woman is a fascist plant.
The perfect corporate tool.
If not for the absolutely useless National Assembly who do not know what their jobs is about.
Obj built omotosho for less than 250 million dollars.
that waiver is enough to build 16 omotoshos adding at least 4000 MW to the Grid.
Enough to build dangote refinery
the poor people have no hope.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Oildichotomy(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
azeezhy:

really? You need to get your hands on INEC election manual or read the electoral acts... Ignorance is not an excuse.
INEC organises elections.
INEC does not do the actual VOTING,.. Citizens DO.

Understand the post and don't bring the ''ignorance' word here because obviously you didn't understand the post.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
texazzpete:

Where did I say she was called by OBJ and GEJ 'because of money'?

I don't hate her. I just don't worship her like you do.
And I agree she is way more knowledgable than I am when it comes to financial matters. She doesn't know more than I do in several other areas. But I digress.

academically, financially, locally, internationally...perhaps. But I'm in stitches here over your insertion of the 'maritally' part of that diatribe. LMAO! Pray, tell me, is there any international benchmark for 'marital success'?
Perhaps you'd trade your family for hers, but I'm happily married with two beautiful children that give me such joy. Inserting the 'maritally' part is just plain brainless.

As I said, I reserve the right to be angry with anyone whose policies are hurting my country. I wonder why you're so emotionally invested in this argument. From your choice of words, you clearly are not educated enough or intelligent enough to be one of her kids or direct relations. Are you the househelp? Driver?

Anger, yes. Hatred? No.
I haven't heard that hatred kills fast. Any verified source for that nugget of wisdom?

I used Mother Theresa as an example to show 'achievements' aren't always tied to how much money you've made or what lofty positions you've occupied in the Government. Sure that should have been clear to you.

I never compared Okonjo-Iweala to anyone's mother. I said @4chi would not swap his mother for NOI. I will never make that swap myself. Perhaps you would, but that's your own cup of tea.

At the end of the day, you certainly do not live up to your 'jusRadical' username. Nothing radical about your inane posts, just the same generic hero-worship words one can expect to hear from star-struck boys. The matter of the day is Okonjo-Iweala's stewardship as the Finance Minister, and I am currently unhappy with some of her words and actions.

Ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!ha!!
Please I will advice you to take a deep breath, relax your frayed nerves and if possible, take a nap.

I still maintain that it is improper to resort to name calling and insults. If name calling and insults are ok with you fine. But make sure that you bring up your beautiful kids well. If you can't then allow your wife to do so because it's like you wallow in anger and your are both hot and short tempered.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Punch is trying to appear relevant and claim expertise thereby publishing junks and slandering an institution of the government it fails to understand its operational policies. This abysmal failure of Punch editorial board has reduced Nigeria Journalism to lowest of low in recent times.

The brandishing of the word 'corruption' is now a tool to deceiving gullible Nigerians to tagging every laudable programme of the government as cabal oriented.

Junk journalism and Corruption are congruent and equal in magnitude and direction.
I bet to disagree with you. First of all, you did not read this editorial before you made your point, secondly, all the incongruencies reported by that newspaper are no more news as the total structure has been manipulated and hijacked by some "powerful cabals": as usual the noise will eventually settle down, as for the case of waivers, that we know how many people have benefitted from such govt's gestures in the past and today they are Trillionaires in Naira; we need not shout their names. Thirdly there is no need for a sooth sayer to know that the shortfall barter being talked about is nothing but a hoarse, a propaganda, a bucket that holds no water! I hope it won't be too late before we see the daylight robbery and impunity that thrive during this Man's tenure ! I just hope..... The only thing we pray against is the collapse of the state...but with the way things are going, sir/ma, that is highly inevitable....

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by MrBravo(m): 2:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
ba7man: Na wa ooo.........which newspaper make man read again now
A newspaper that tell you what you want to hear ni SHIOR!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
take dat: Hogwash! NOI is incapable of ever accepting her little failings and intolerant of receiving knocks from analysts or criticism from the media. Criticism is the grist of Democracy. Punch's editorial was premised on the submission of the Comptroller General of Customs. I am sure the posters above me did not read the editorial published by Punch before the ethnic solidarity.

"The Comptroller-General of the Nigerian Customs Service, Abdullahi Dikko, had stunned a Senate joint-committee that by September, the nation had lost N603 billion to import duty waivers, exemption of levies, concessions and import substitution schemes. Of this amount, N264 billion was lost to waivers on petroleum products import and N76 billion to manufacturers and assembly plants. Corruption and fiscal indiscipline have obviously sunk to an unacceptable level. Even more stunning was the feeble attempt by Okonjo-Iweala to defend the reckless abuse of waivers and other incentives as policies designed to help certain sectors and generate jobs."

http://www.punchng.com/editorial/jonathan-okonjo-iweala-and-waivers/

Its become a crime for challenge Okonjo and speak against the waste in the system , why? Because of her academic excellence, and academic excellence does not make one a good manager of the economy. Her hallmark is singing aloud tunes that are discordant with the reality on ground. I trust the 'Ethnic Gangs' to label Punch a Yoruba paper in a bid of defend NOI.

[b]You are either uneducated or haven't done any post graduate degree. You should also learn when to STFU when you don't have any point to make.

Okonjo-Iweala does not just have "Academic Excellence" but also have loads of experience in a global scale working at the "World Bank". If she had just "Academic Excellence" she wouldn't rise from a rookie to a vice president over her "white" counterpart.

The job of Government is not about generating instant revenue but creating good policies and a conducive environment for business to strive.

Government policies are always based on long term goals and not how much customs make at the moment. Government is a continuous operational body.

I'm not a business student but my optional courses in Business Management in my UG has taught me that business has moved from buying and selling to commitment that benefits both the buyer and seller over a long period of time.

For example: HP printers sells their printers for $100. However, the production cost for their printer is $170. They recover their loses when buyers buy their custom made ink cartridges. And same goes for the iPhone and every other modern businesses.

The idea of import waivers on specific products is to enable saturation in that market thereby providing jobs in the country and creating a level playing field for potential investors. This import policy will be regulated when the market becomes fully saturated over a long period of time.

So stop spreading your ignorance on NL and let the business and economic professionals educate we Nigerians who are not so savvy with economic policies.

Don't bring your ol'skool spare parts, groundnut or cocoa kind of trading to modern day business. Thanks.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by debosky(m): 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
NOI and her attack dogs are (as usual) being economical with the truth.

The fact is the waivers - be they 'sector-based' or 'individual-based' are being abused. Instead of addressing that issue, they are chest beating about what they've 'changed' about the system?

What positive change have you made when, instead of a few individuals denying the government of revenue, entire sectors are allowed to do so with impunity and abuse? Or is an entire sector robbing government better than just a few individuals?

The same NOI that presided over the subsidy mess in the Ministry of Finance now wants to paint herself as something else? What is 'strategic' and 'job-creating' about giving petroleum importers 264bn in subsidy? Are they manufacturing job generators too?

What is 'spurious' about an editorial which quotes a government official (head of Customs no less) who reported the figures in front of the Senate? Is NOI calling the NCS liars?

The fact is that the Punch is correct - NOI's attempt to defend the waivers as a way to generate jobs are feeble and should be backed up by evidence. We know from Customs how much revenue has been lost - let her and her team show how many jobs their policy has created and what sectors it has helped.

We don't need any high sounding nonsense about 'operational policies' or condescending comments about what an undergraduate should know. Disprove the figures quoted by Punch with your own figures or shut up.

The Comptroller-General of Customs is not a Punch employee and he provided the figures - if NOI and co have issues with that, let them address him and not Punch.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
manny4life:

Nwa Okija, auto sales aren't part of "RETAIL INDUSTRY" as you put it because they aren't classified as "GOODS" and can neither be classified under hardline nor softline goods (two types of goods in retail). Autos like other machinery (light, heavy or specialized) are classified as "Equipments", and yes like any other commercial activity (wholesale > retail > consumers), they participate in retail activity, but cannot be classified as "Retail". Just a hint, you can go to the stores and purchase regular types of household or office goods (which are retailed goods), and they are classified under "SUPPLIES", but when a company purchases an auto like a sedan or van or truck, they are classified under "equipment" as assets.

Thank you.

Well said Manny, I absolutely understand you

However, the point here is that Coscharis does not manufacture any of the cars they sell and cant necessarily be categorised as an industry in and by itself.
My post was hammering waivers granted under Nigerias industrialization policy. A Car importer is not supposed to be covered under this policy because it isnt into manufacturing, but yet the government granted Coscharis a blanket waiver for 300 cars for Eko Games. And yet Coscharis was able to add the NCAA vehicles and import them under the Eko Games waiver, meaning the waiver was not specific and the cars that Eko games needed were not up to 300.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by Okijajuju1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
lincolnj88: grin nna a coy that can supply 300 cars to a state govt, u called dat a retail industry,
Nna a company that can handle d supply of 2 armoured bmw worthing 255 million naira, u called dat retail industry...nnw wetin na.....talk tru na....I can call some road side sellers a retailer ,but I cant classify coscharis like dat na.... Check it out nna..

Coscharisgroup.com..
Coscharis Group
coscharisgroup.com/
A leading auto company in Nigeria, Coscharis Motors, on Friday next week will welcome all MINI customers, prospects .........

Nna get ur a$$ in order ,stop farting on every thread on nairaland....we have place for d kids, just go and relax dere...... grin

So the number of cars you can import makes Coscharis a car manufacturer?!

Pfft.. I'm done with you.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Slams Punch Newspaper Over ‘malicious, Defamatory’ Editorial! by kobikwelu(m): 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sheeple: [s]

[/s]

No matter how right a sane man is, he must never fight with a mad man even when the mad man provokes him because people must blame the sane man and even ask him if he is made for fighting a mad man.

Please listen to how you sound. Don't you sound frustrated? Don't you sound angry and jealous? Stop unleashing your frustration in life on other people.

You think that I will resort to insults and name calling as you do? Wrong!!!! I have better upbringing than you can imagine. I was brought up to treat people with respect.

Please in your frustrated 20s can you tell me the school you attended, your grade, academic achievements, and other achievements. Please go to google , search for Ngozi Okonjo Iweala's achievements when she was at the same age with you, compare hers with the 'so called' yours and comeback and tell me who is better?
Shame on you that you are comparing yourself with a woman.

As a kid you lack what I call BASIC. Beginners All-Purpose Social/Society Instruction Code.

This boy/kid you lack home trainning

I couldnt stop laughing when i read this....kai..what a word of advice for that boy...
He just walked himself into that trap....
Nlanders una no go kee me..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Proceedings On The Concession Contract For Second Niger Bridge / Assault: Police To Arraign Senator Abbo On Criminal Charges / Dino Melaye: FG Can't Give Nigerians COVID-19 Vaccine Without Research

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.