Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android (26839 Views)

Awesome Facts You Should Know About ANDROID {pics} / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) / Ten Facts About Android You Certainly Don't Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by JimloveTM(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
Google, simply the biggest, best company on internet....they do things free and for fun...imagine naming order..oh my God... Would wanna own google shares someday

2 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by JimloveTM(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Seriously, i don't understand, how is this piece of information useful to me??

it isnt... i think ur java phone is ok for u 4 nw..see sadist

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
My 1st smartphone was dat T-mobile..it was always hanging nd lagging. The ram was too small, yu couldnt use it without a mem card. That was in the good old days..Now na Xperia tins for me cheesy grin
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by SexyLadyJ: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ajibel: Erm abeg i wan buy fairly used MTN recharge card embarassed na where i go get am

U can pick it 4rm the bin. Tnx!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by abubaka101: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
Waspy: It would have made much sense if the OS is upgradeable/updateable, just like iOS
The OS is upgradeable, LG Nexus is... But most people (not Europeans or the Americans) use the low-end Android phone, like Tecno, which doesn't support upgrades...
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by DKJaleel: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
[quote author=Olumidzti]

Naming Order

Android versions have been following an alphabetical order in their naming but many have failed to notice this. Android Astro (1.0) was followed by Bender (1.1) followed by Cupcake (1.5). This was followed by Donut (1.6), Éclair (2.0), Froyo (2.2.x), and Gingerbread (2.3.x). This was before Honeycomb (3.x), Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x) and Jelly Bean (4.3) entered the equation. Google announced the KitKat (4.4) recently as its latest OS. L..?
lollipop

There you have it, what do you think about these facts? What other interesting fact do you know about Google’s Android that we have omitted?
lemme ask google...wait for me
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Techsoldier: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
JimloveTM: Google, simply the biggest, best company on internet....they do things free and for fun...imagine naming order..oh my God... Would wanna own google shares someday
1 share= $1034 (> 160k naira). So dip your hand in your pocket or get money into it.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2013
JimloveTM:

it isnt... i think ur java phone is ok for u 4 nw..see sadist
dummy, i use a sony x10 promo, what i'm asking is if this piece of information would get me free mb or of what importance is it! Just answer the simple question and stop insulting!
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
priscaoge: @Op what about [Tecno]android? Abi dem never join the race?? Lwkmd.............Nice threat!!!
Very useless attempt at being funny. With your spelling ability I am very sure you don't even know what an OS means.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
runzlord:
jelly bean is 4.2
_

Next time don't speak.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by opylas(m): 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
abubaka101:
The OS is upgradeable, LG Nexus is... But most people (not Europeans or the Americans) use the low-end Android phone, like Tecno, which doesn't support upgrades...
Sum htc's don't (& r nt low-end)
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
[size=20pt]The next codename could be Android Lemonade! I'm very sure of that![/size]
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Olumidzti(m): 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
gal10: Op thanks for this information! Now I know more about my device
You're welcome.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
GOOGLE EH
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Seriously, i don't understand, how is this piece of information useful to me??
Java phone users.. Not 4 u! sad
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by michealade(m): 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
runzlord:
jelly bean is 4.2
its 4.3 man

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
stardragon:
Java phone users.. Not 4 u! sad
small brain........ Can you please explain to me how that piece of information posted in the original post is important to you?? Don't insult me, just answer my question.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by karmaleon: 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
Android 5.0 Lollypop
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Temisan220(m): 3:43pm On Nov 22, 2013
nice job
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
So there is still a long way to go, ...Z
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by JimloveTM(m): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Elliotwiz1: dummy, i use a sony x10 promo, what i'm asking is if this piece of information would get me free mb or of what importance is it! Just answer the simple question and stop insulting!

lol, using a sony whatever, and yet looking for free mb...sell the phone buy mb bros

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
i dont know that pple did not notice the namimg of android versions
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by ScarFaceTF(m): 4:06pm On Nov 22, 2013
Waspy: It would have made much sense if the OS is upgradeable/updateable, just like iOS
It Is only on some smart phones
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
me wan sell my tecno n7 oo...contact me on 07064715146 or on twitter @ifetoyosiazeez
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by mrrock: 4:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
I recently migrated from Nokia to android devices but I don't see any big deal in here. The hype around these things is overly outrageous!. And the batteries run out very quickly.
I will be back to Nokia any time I need a new device.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by nani667: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
introducing....android 4.5... Lollipop.....

with Lick to Unlock feature

7 Likes

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
JimloveTM:

lol, using a sony whatever, and yet looking for free mb...sell the phone buy mb bros
.....And whetin concine you if i dey find free mb? And some fellas even liked your post, spits# too many dolts on nairaland.
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by odilinonso(m): 4:38pm On Nov 22, 2013
Android os is upgradeable, it all depends on the manufacturer of ur device. Samsung phones are all upgradeable whereas tecno nd its china brothers are stuck on deir initial os 4 life. Besides if u wanna really enjoy android experience, it has 2 b on a samsung device. #Samsung, samsung ... just me and my samsung#
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by Johnklein(m): 4:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
android is free??
no wonder tecno also runs on android Os
Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by yyb14: 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2013
runzlord:
jelly bean is 4.2
jellybean starts from 4.1

1 Like

Re: Interesting Facts You Need To Know About Android by thewarrior72: 5:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
opylas:
Sum htc's don't (& r nt low-end)
All HTC does

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Network Has The Lowest Call Tariff And Plan? / Pictures From The Boom J8 Launch In Lagos / Mtn Bis (blackberry Internet Service) Freeeee!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.