Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:32 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202810 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2013
petcom: We won't call off strike until we confirm that Iyayi makes heaven.. ASUU
my broda its not new,abeg talk anoda one
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 9:47am On Nov 25, 2013
They are fighting for their demands right? Ok naw,tell me how will they pay the student for the 5months wasted.
Abi when students they pay school fees,d sch talk say dem go go for strike?
Basta*d set of pple

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2013
u guys panic for Funny reasons...ASUU has to be paid its arrears it's what happens any where.
Jonathan would simply order the release... the other conditions are not new...they need assurance and that is what Jonathan would do... if u all read on Saturday min. of finance pleaded again wif ASUU...with these simple conditions all i can say us that the strike is as good as over... see the link from a source i respect

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/25/ASUU-agrees-suspend-strike-states-three-conditions/

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2013
mashnino: why is it that thses useless guys(ASUU) do things like they have no sense

so they stayed home for 5 months and they are expecting salary..

then the students that stayed home for 5 months shoul expect what?

an academic session in 4 months with no holiday?

all in the name of closing up the calender...

may GOD pay them with what is equal to the pain they ve caused to both parents and students

and the restless nights they will cause for us students...

and then the useless idiots will come to class and insult us for no reason..

while they are the ones teaching us...

So now the strike won't be called off anytime soon then..?

wait i don't understand... so what are they gonna use the 100billion naira for?

to buy cars for themselves bah cos i am sure there is nothing left in this year again...

they think they are the only ones in this country bah...?
a big amen to dose prayers/course

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2013
What is fcukin wrong with dis ASUU of a union. You nor teach,yet you want them to pay you accumulated arrears? A BIG NO to that.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Funpeter: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2013
So they want money abi na God go punish all dose ASUU involve in this, also heard they are aving issue with Nasu on how too share the money. No wonder some state don know dats why dem dey pull out okay oooo.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Hayormeah: In Nigeria,if any sector goes on strike,they wil stl receive their salaries afta d strike.If u al cld rememba,wen GEJ stopped payin their salaries mnths bk.The lectures said:He was keepin their salaries 4 them cos they knw he wld stll pay them.
if u ddd economics u would knw d stategies of strike,as d strikers have theirs so does d strikees have n witholding salaries is one of dem,d ultimate is outright red card,which i love
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michealade(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Bunker: I can see that ASUU strike is about to end, ASUU when are we starting another one.
my fellow comrade,we wud start another strike two weeks afta we av called of dis strike..Reasons being dat d federal govt. Shud buy private jets for all Nigerian lecturers under ASUU!it was discussed in our meeting too.Thanks for your observation

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yormite: 10:12am On Nov 25, 2013
My skul is yet to finish first semester exam b4 d strike started Smh when will i get my degree damn ASUU
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 10:18am On Nov 25, 2013
ASUU & GIRLS, who like money pass?
*no offence intended* just curious cool
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 10:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Y time won come dey slow, since wey I dey sleep 12 pm no won even nak, e b lyk some winch no want my progress undecided .
Make I no jus hear story afta 2day meetin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 10:25am On Nov 25, 2013
odizeey: if u ddd economics u would knw d stategies of strike,as d strikers have theirs so does d strikees have n witholding salaries is one of dem,d ultimate is outright red card,which i love

Ok,bt d fact stl remains dt GEJ knew they wld stl demand 4 their salaries.ASUU wld say: If FG had honoured d agreement,they wldnt av gone on strike,which is true.A lecturer on tvc news said'fg doesnt expect dem to resume skul on empty stomach'.
Am nt supporting ASUU/fg,bt 4 d salary payment thing;i saw it cumin.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by marcangelo(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2013
winkCALLIN OFF is different from SUSPENDING STRIKE... Dey myt agree to suspend d strike and giv Fg a deadline like 2 or 3 weeks to fulfil dese new conditions, bt if notin happens dey continue but if somtin happens ,dey call off... Remember wat ASUP did durin MAY/JUNE, dey suspended d strike but fg did do ad plannd den aftr 2 weeks dey continued.. *So sorry to burst ur Bubbles,cos its partially ova* just tot i'd let u al my dear folks know.. wink
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 10:27am On Nov 25, 2013
Pat £inst£in:
Y time won come dey slow, since wey I dey sleep 12 pm no won even nak, e b lyk some winch no want my progress undecided .

when is the meeting starting,pls?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 10:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Hayormeah:

Ok,bt d fact stl remains dt GEJ knew they wld stl demand 4 their salaries.ASUU wld say: If FG had honoured d agreement,they wldnt av gone on strike,which is true.A lecturer on tvc news said'fg doesnt expect dem to resume skul on empty stomach'.
Am nt supporting ASUU/fg,bt 4 d salary payment thing;i saw it cumin.
if dey want salaries let dem beg d landlords first to gv d students free accomodation
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2013
Hayormeah:

when is the meeting starting,pls?
I saw 6:30 pm
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 25, 2013
ASUU NEC plans to meet Jonathan on
Monday
Posted by: admin in breaking news, News
November 25, 2013 1 Comment 12 Views
*Disquiet amongst ASUU members over recent
manoeuvrings by the Fagge leadership After
the failed meeting of the National Executive
Council of ASUU following the death of
Professor Festus Iyayi, its formal national
president in a car crash on his way to the
meeting, ASUU NEC make clandestinely at the
weekend and resolved to take another set of
conditions to President Goodluck Jonathan.
The meeting which held quietly in Kano had no
formal resolution, as the media was not
briefed by any official. ASUU leaders, however,
unofficially individually spoke to journalists
hence the variegated reports in different media
houses.
Scan News learnt from ASUU executives in
different zones that they resolved text
messages after the clandestine meeting that
the strike has to continue, pending the
outcome of another meeting with Jonathan.
This text message has led to the disquiet
amongst members of ASUU down the line who
say they no longer understand the game being
played by the national leadership of the union,
as prior to the death of Festus Iyayi, the
subject of the failed meeting was to ratify the
position of over 80percent of ASUU branches
who voted that the strike be called off.
At present, some branches of ASUU have
liaised with their respective school
management to pull out of the strike and
resume academic activities on the ground that
there is no justification for the continued
grand-standing of its national leadership.
Scan News on Saturday night received an
invitation from a group of ASUU members at
the University of Lagos, who stated that they
would make their position known on the
grand-standing of ASUU national leadership on
Monday (tomorrow) at the Faculty of Arts
auditorium.
The group stated that after the press
conference, they will formally pull out of the
strike, saying that the national leadership has
deviated from the objectives of the strike and
are busy chasing other issues.
Schools like Ebonyi State University, Ondo
State University and Enugu State University
have taken similar moves with lecturers
teaming up with their respective managements
to undermine the ASUU five-month old strike.
It was learnt that several governing councils,
managements and some lecturers met in the
course of the week to deliberate on the way
forward, following ASUU new game-plan, which
was different from the agreement reached at
the lengthy meeting with President Jonathan.
The Committee of Vice Chancellors whose
members were drafted into the meeting as
observers and witnesses are said to be shocked
by the recent manoeuvring by the ASUU
leadership, despite the good faith displayed by
the President and his officials.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nani4all(m): 10:36am On Nov 25, 2013
suspense continues grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Kelyto: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2013
make i tell all of una now wit dis vex wey i carry for mind,if person talk abt ASUU again dis year ehhhh,na thunda go fire ammm ooooo....e beta make all man park for d rest of dis yr ooo...RUBBBBBISHHH!!!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 10:37am On Nov 25, 2013
Pat £inst£in:
Who tell u say na today? No date date fixed yet
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2013
Kelyto: make i tell all of una now wit dis vex wey i carry for mind,if person talk abt ASUU again dis year ehhhh,na thunda go fire ammm ooooo....e beta make all man park for d rest of dis yr ooo...RUBBBBBISHHH!!!!
wen u go enta sch next yr ur load go dey outsyd,except u dey school hostel
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2013
odizeey: if dey want salaries let dem beg d landlords first to gv d students free accomodation

I wish dt was possible.....! grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nani4all(m): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2013
[s]now in support of next year
nobody quotes me[/s]
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2013
Pat £inst£in:

I saw 6:30 pm

ok,tnks
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nani4all(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by michy99(f): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2013
dis pple r jux greedy n after dere own pockets...... Cnt bliv dey r askin 4 salary dey ddnt work 4.....mtcheewwwwww
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 11:03am On Nov 25, 2013
They didn't work and they wanna get paid?!!!! Where in the world is such done... Service equals pay. So they just wanna chop December awuf money. Chai!!! This is greediness in its highest order. so if the strike is called off,ASUU gains and student losses. This just made me angry. I wish I was Jonathan I would just say to hell with ur new demands!!!!!! Let every just sit at home,and wen they(ASUU) are tired,wen hunger beat their life and family,nobody will tell dem be4 dey call it off or start suspending the strike.....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 11:03am On Nov 25, 2013
pls when is the meeting abeg...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 11:04am On Nov 25, 2013
FG meets with ASUU members in the next three hours.Representatives of the members of the Academics Staff union of universities are set to meet FG in the afternoon hour,it was also disclosed that Mr president will not be in the meeting in person but the presence of the finance minister,minister of education,first lady and other deligates will b present,,,,,details unfolds later.tanks

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
pls when is the meeting abeg....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 11:08am On Nov 25, 2013
complete1: FG meets with ASUU members in the next three hours.Representatives of the members of the Academics Staff union of universities are set to meet FG in the afternoon hour,it was also disclosed that Mr president will not be in the meeting in person but the presence of the finance minister,minister of education,first lady and other deligates will b present,,,,,details unfolds later.tanks

why can't pple b srz....

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (109) (Reply)

What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.