Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,052 members, 7,863,736 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:49 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202957 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:12am On Dec 03, 2013
lymelyte:
When uniben wen carry d strike for head don pull out! The rest federal universities go follow jare..
Who con lose? FG or ASUU... shame on ASUU cheesy

In the last days people will luv lies and hate truth, Nigeria we hail. Hope you have started attending your lectures/examination.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 7:21am On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

In the last days people will luv lies and hate truth, Nigeria we hail. Hope you have started attending your lectures/examination.
I don graduate since last year oo..I dey serve 9ja nw..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:26am On Dec 03, 2013
lymelyte:
I don graduate since last year oo..I dey serve 9ja nw..

EOD
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 03, 2013
FUTO senate sacks teaching staff, source Nigerian tribune
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 03, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 03, 2013
Lecturers and students resume in ESUT. Unijos has also announced resumption.

www.leadership.ng/news/031213/fg-breaks-ASUU-ranks-futo-esut-unijos-end-strike-0
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by vocalprince(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2013
Good morning friends, please can any body help me with the outcome of the meeting that was held across different departments in Unizik yesterday?? I really would want to resume by friday. Greatest Zikites!!! Thanks in anticipation.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mashnino(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2013
only GOD know wetin still dey hold ABU zaria...which kyn silence b dis sef

dem neva talk anything since when the strike start...

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2013
Media Adviser to GEJ is live on Channels TV at the moment.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by safarigirl(f): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2013
According to the news, just 4 of UNIABUJA's 600 lecturers showed up to work, abeg how true is this? Any gwagz student around?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Otunbalarry: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2013
oluafolabi: Media Adviser to GEJ is live on Channels TV at the moment.
the man jst said it nau dat the 200billion has been kept in an account opened for it in CBN,bt i think government is annoyd at d perceivd insult of ASUU leadership on the presidency,he also said,non-victimisation clause isn't necessary that no country in the world victimises workerx for going on strike

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by DrViviSarj(f): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2013
smileyIt is well IJN
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:59am On Dec 03, 2013
Futo's VC has sacked all academic staff that refused to resume yesterday.

www.theheraldng.com/federal-university-technology-sacks-entire-academic-staff/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akin89(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2013
fg please give ASUU what they want and let us go back to school.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ese79(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2013
these ASUU people ar just so dull..dy dnt even knw wats hapenin. "the goverment cant sack a lecture.. bla bla bla"Ya, the goverment cant sack u quite alright bt your school authorities can. I think that is why the government used the vc and pro-chancelors to issue out the order. ASUU themselves knw they ar not united anymore but they wouldnt just admit that in front of the press and media. In all their statement in press regarding their conditions issued to d government, they av neva made mention of d payment of the salary and i think thats the major condition that pushed the government to the wall. Why is ASUU hiding that one from the press? Yes, ASUU started a just struggle but they derailed along the line. My question is: shud d government ultiamatum works and lecturers resume work and evrything comes back to normal, wil the government stil fulfil its promises( thats if it intended to before) discussed in the 13 hours meeting?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ese79(m): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2013
Otunbalarry: the man jst said it nau dat the 200billion has been kept in an account opened for it in CBN,bt i think government is annoyd at d perceivd insult of ASUU leadership on the presidency,he also said,non-victimisation clause isn't necessary that no country in the world victimises workerx for going on strike
the government has always had the student at heart and that is what ASUU took advantage of. government was just pushed to the wall
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ofelix15(m): 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
lets kip watching FG vs ASUU movies,,,,,
I dey watch part 7 dis morning.. Lolz
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ayodeji752: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
Akin89: fg please give ASUU what they want and let us go back to school.

even if wot ASUU want is ur father's head?beta go and tell ur ASUU to forget d 5months salary
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2013
The University of Jos has ordered its lecturers to boycott the ongoing
strike by resuming to work. This was contained in a statement by the university management on Monday.
The statement read: “Following the federal government's order on
resumption of academic activities in all federal institutions, the
academic staff , the Pro Chancellor and Chairman of Council on behalf
of the governing council has directed as follows:
"All academic staff of the University of Jos should return to their
various departments, units and commence work immediately. Every head
of department should publish lecture time table for all academic
programmes immediately
“We plead with all academic staff to comply with the university
governing council directives. Information concerning students shall be
announced in due course,” the statement further added despite directives by the management of Enugu State University of Technology, the lecturers failed to resume.
Our correspondent gathered that despite the threat by the minister of
education, Nyesom Wike, no universities under Academic Staff Union of
Universities has resumed.
Among the schools confirmed not to have resumed were – Federal
University of Technology, Akure; Obafemi Awolowo University,
University of Ibadan, University of Nigeria, Nsukka and University of
Lagos.
In a press conference in Abuja today, the Academic Staff Union of
Universities described the Federal Government’s threat to sack
lecturers as “a tragedy of huge proportion for Nigeria and Africa” and
that it will only compound the crisis.
It said, it would return to the negotiation table if government showed
commitment to solve the problems in the sector.
ASUU President, Dr. Nasir Isa in his statement entitled,
“Misrepresentations and intimidation: How not to manage the crisis in
the university system”, said a serious government should be ashamed of
the rot in the universities which the union had been struggling to
tackle.
He said, “It is unfortunate that close to 20 years of national life
have not taught politicians and their government the simple lesson
that the job of lecturers is bound by the University statutes, which
stipulate conditions for employment, promotions and dismissal of
lecturers at all levels.
“That a Minister of Education would pronounce a threat of mass sack of
academic staff is a tragedy of huge proportion for Nigeria and Africa.
“While ASUU has been struggling for conditions in which Nigerian
students would benefit from a very much enhanced academic environment
in teaching and research facilities, the Minister of Education is
thinking of a thoughtless mass sack as a solution to the problems
arising from Government's non-implementation of an Agreement reached
with ASUU as if Nigerian rulers have made no intellectual progress
since Abacha.”
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:50am On Dec 03, 2013
‘ASUU Strike Could Have Ended Penultimate Friday’

The Academic Staff Union of Universities have blasted the supervising minister of education, Nyesom Wike over his order that the lecturers should resume academic session before December 4.
The Supervising Minister of Education, Nyesom Wike, had in a news conference in Abuja on Thursday directed all federal university vice-chancellors to reopen their institutions for academic and allied activities. The Federal Government also threatened that lecturers who fail to resume on or before December 4, would lose their jobs.
He said, “Vice-chancellors should ensure that staffs who resume for work are provided with the enabling environment for academic and allied activities. Any academic employee who fails to resume on or before December 4, 2013 automatically ceases to be an employee of the institution.
“Vice-chancellors are also directed to advertise vacancies (internal and external) in their institutions. The National Universities Commission is hereby directed to monitor the compliance of these directives by the various institutions.”
The ministers directive, which he claimed was in the interest of the country, came few days after ASUU in a letter after its NEC meeting on November 22, requested the following:
- that the N200bn agreed upon as 2013 revitalisation fund for public universities should be deposited with the CBN and disbursed to the benefiting universities within two weeks;
- that the renegotiation of the 2009 Agreement in 2014 be included in the final document as agreed at the discussion with the President;
- that a non-victimisation clause, which is normally captured in all interactions of this nature, be included in the final document; and
- that a new memorandum of understanding shall be validly endorsed; signed by a representative of government, preferably the Attorney-General of the Federation, and a representative of ASUU, with the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress as a witness.
But, according to the lecturers, the actions of the supervising minister were evidences that the Federal Government was insincere in transforming the educational sector.
ASUU chairman of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Prof. Akinola Adegbola, who spoke to our correspondent, noted that the “doubtful” nature of the FG made members of the union insist on “concretisation” of the agreement.
Adegbola told our correspondent that members of the union had decided to end the strike since the penultimate Friday, but for lack of trust in the federal government negotiating team, they needed to extend the strike for proper documentation.
He said, “I think it shows better the insecurity of the minister. We don’t know whether he is speaking for himself or he is speaking for the government. If he is speaking for the government, we assume it to be gross insincerity of the government.
“From the discussion it is assumed that if the government can implement the agreement for 50 per cent, we are ok. Nobody is necessarily demanding that it should be 100 per cent. But now we are saying that we want the agreement to be documented with a programme of execution.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2013
Source check daily times
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 03, 2013
ofelix15: ABU students, Bulletin is out 4 resumption. But lets kip watching FG vs ASUU movies,,,,,
ofelix15: ABU students, Bulletin is out 4 resumption. But lets kip watching FG vs ASUU movies,,,,,
lyk seriously?.....concerning d ABU stuff
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2013
That's so rude of you! I'm sure you are from a broken home or u r a result of a baby factory so u dnt know the value of a father. Sorry about that.
ayodeji752: even if wot ASUU want is ur father's head?beta go and tell ur ASUU to forget d 5months salary

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ik4life: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2013
ese79: the government has always had the student at heart and that is what ASUU took advantage of. government was just pushed to the wall
is been push to the wall is being asked to sign a resolution that was deliberated for about 13hours?,or being pushed to the wall is asking a top ranking minister to sign the new agreement when they have been previously accused that the 2009 agreement was not signed by a high ranking government official hence it can't be implemented?,or is being pushed to the wall is asking government to redeem it's promise of injecting 200billion naira in the universities before this year runs out,mind u this was what the government promised to do,or is being pushed to the wall is asking that non of your members should be victimized because of the positions they took during the struggle?;mind u I am a student like u in a public university that is on strike but let us be rational and sensible when we say some certain things.it is obvious that government is not sincere with it's dealings with ASUU members.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by bank2k4real(m): 10:00am On Dec 03, 2013
Goodmorning,
Please what's the live update from each of the states....
Let's know what's happening...

Btw check my signature for the latest PROMO on NL
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Live on TVC- Wike is seeing too much Nollywood movies.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Csami(m): 10:56am On Dec 03, 2013
Things fall apart in FUTO.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by daddysgurl(f): 11:19am On Dec 03, 2013
ayodeji752: even if wot ASUU want is ur father's head?beta go and tell ur ASUU to forget d 5months salary
Must u insult his father before u can bring out ur point!
I wonder how some people just insult anoda person's parent on social media as if they dont have one at home.smh for you.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2013
daddy'sgurl:

Must u insult his father before u can bring out ur point!
I wonder how some people just insult anoda person's parent on social media as if they dont have one at home.smh for you.
is dat an insult,its a question bt no be everybody go see am like dat.

No more papa or mama issue for here again or else........
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2013
Els wot? Mtcheeew. I hate kids getting on social media, they'll abuse it!
odizeey: is dat an insult,its a question bt no be everybody go see am like dat.

No more papa or mama issue for here again or else........
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Csami: Things fall apart in FUTO.
what is happening?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 11:41am On Dec 03, 2013
Olly barbie219: Uniport why? *sobs*
what level and wat course do u study in uniport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (109) (Reply)

What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.