Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,327 members, 7,860,790 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:26 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (202938 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:46am On Dec 03, 2013
thisisayus: Els wot? Mtcheeew. I hate kids getting on social media, they'll abuse it!
wetyn small pikin like me go use tk catch fun na?

But i dey smell ur ban
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ik4life: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2013
Daniyemi:
what is happening?
the whole academic staffs has been sacked

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 11:54am On Dec 03, 2013
ASUU Breaking: Federal University of
Technology Owerri Sacks Entire Teaching
Staff The Senate of the Federal University of
Technology Owerri (FUTO) has sacked all
academic staff on its payroll with immediate
effect on December 2, 2013, Monday, for
failure to return to classrooms. This has been confirmed by Mr. Chike Ezenwa, the
Public Relations Officers (PRO) of the institution, in a
telephone conversation with the Nigerian Tribune in
Owerri. According to him, the senate of the university had
declared all the positions of academic staff in the
institution, adding that they would be advertised
starting from December 2, 2013, Monday. The PRO further explained that the senate council had
already compiled the list of vacant positions in the
school, adding that who were willing to resume would
be adequately protected. As concerns resuming the teaching process, the
following press release was issued at FUTO: The Senate of the Federal University of Technology,
Owerri at its 375th Extraordinary meeting held on
Monday, December 2, 2013 considered the directive
of the Federal Government on resumption of duty
by Academic Staff in Federal Universities and decided
that academic activities in the University should resume immediately for the conclusion of the
2012/2013 Rain Semester. Consequently all students of the University are
required to return to campus between Monday
December 2, and Friday December 8, 2013 while Rain
Semester Examinations commence on Monday
December 9, 2013 and end on Saturday December
21, 2013. Accordingly, all academic staff are required to
proceed immediately to their respective
Departments to sign in for resumption of duty not
later than Wednesday December 4, 2013. Signed: Orje Ishegh-Nor Registrar/Secretary to the Senate However, the FUTO branch of ASUU said any attempt
to break their ranks would be strongly resisted by
their members. The Monday’s communiqué urged
members to ignore the resumption notice by FUTO
management, adding that the branch would not
engage in any academic activities until the Federal Government committed itself to implementing the
ASUU-FGN agreement www.informationng.com/2013/12/ASUU-breaking-federal-university-of-technology-owerri-sacks-entire-teaching-staff.html
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Simon21(m): 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
Those of u saying uniben has pulled out of the strike, I wonder where u got your news from when I personally watched uniben ASUU chairman on itv news last night saying they are still on strike and no academics activities will take place.
They are even in a meeting right now in faculty of social science. The car park is packed full with vehicles.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
Even if rapture tk place nw,dem go say na lie
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by miss2895(f): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
Wat is happenin in nigeria....
@ dis rate january might nt even be visible for dem to call off dis strike
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
FUTO dey in confusion ooo

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
mvem: FUTO dey in confusion ooo

Confusion is everywhere
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2013
otokx:

Confusion is everywhere
mvem: FUTO dey in confusion ooo
the two activists i greet una
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akin89(m): 1:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayodeji752: even if wot ASUU want is ur father's head?beta go and tell ur ASUU to forget d 5months salary
silence they say is the best ans for a fool like u,i respect my parents so i cant insult ur parents.I knw u dont av respect for ur parents

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ireneidiva(f): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Confusion everywhere!what will happen to futo and esut students who are to start exams on monday? Will they travel back to school for nothing?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
Dis ASUU issue is like u being a war general or commander, expectin 2go 2war wid 10 thousand worriors n expectin 2come back wid dos 10thousand worriors witout a bruise...even 299 of d spartans in 300 died 4a just rison..if u know u r fighting 4students wich u claim u r doin, den u all must b ready 2sacrifise ur salaries 4d war u r fightin, den I will know u r rily fightin 4we students...wat of d aus rent we all have lost n d preciouse academic session we have lost?. Are we also gonna b refunded our aus rent n wasted time?. To me, fg, shuld sack every1 of dem wu fails 2comply. U-seless set of entities. Sobs..

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2013
Words on d street is that UNIPORT just pulled out of the strike
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Samgreguc(m): 1:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
jayjam: ASUU Breaking: Federal University of
Technology Owerri Sacks Entire Teaching
Staff The Senate of the Federal University of
Technology Owerri (FUTO) has sacked all
academic staff on its payroll with immediate
effect on December 2, 2013, Monday, for
failure to return to classrooms. This has been confirmed by Mr. Chike Ezenwa, the
Public Relations Officers (PRO) of the institution, in a
telephone conversation with the Nigerian Tribune in
Owerri. According to him, the senate of the university had
declared all the positions of academic staff in the
institution, adding that they would be advertised
starting from December 2, 2013, Monday. The PRO further explained that the senate council had
already compiled the list of vacant positions in the
school, adding that who were willing to resume would
be adequately protected. As concerns resuming the teaching process, the
following press release was issued at FUTO: The Senate of the Federal University of Technology,
Owerri at its 375th Extraordinary meeting held on
Monday, December 2, 2013 considered the directive
of the Federal Government on resumption of duty
by Academic Staff in Federal Universities and decided
that academic activities in the University should resume immediately for the conclusion of the
2012/2013 Rain Semester. Consequently all students of the University are
required to return to campus between Monday
December 2, and Friday December 8, 2013 while Rain
Semester Examinations commence on Monday
December 9, 2013 and end on Saturday December
21, 2013. Accordingly, all academic staff are required to
proceed immediately to their respective
Departments to sign in for resumption of duty not
later than Wednesday December 4, 2013. Signed: Orje Ishegh-Nor Registrar/Secretary to the Senate However, the FUTO branch of ASUU said any attempt
to break their ranks would be strongly resisted by
their members. The Monday’s communiqué urged
members to ignore the resumption notice by FUTO
management, adding that the branch would not
engage in any academic activities until the Federal Government committed itself to implementing the
ASUU-FGN agreement www.informationng.com/2013/12/ASUU-breaking-federal-university-of-technology-owerri-sacks-entire-teaching-staff.html
hmmmmm! I smell poly and private schools' lecturer drafting their application letter.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 03, 2013
UNIPORT resumes lectures on the 8th of december

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2013
Finally i got back to port harcourt because i heard a meeting might hold and for sure i was there when d meeting came to conclusion UNIPORT pulls out of the strike

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 03, 2013
Someone told me that Uniben lecturers turned up to sign the registers... Who is in school should please confirm this... I dont want to go back to be lectured by those fearless Benin lizards
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
mi xpressive: Someone told me that Uniben lecturers turned up to sign the registers... Who is in school should please confirm this... I dont want to go back to be lectured by those fearless Benin lizards

lol @ bolded.

I pray it is true oh.

On Monday, I'm in Benin.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by PatEinstEin(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
mi xpressive: Someone told me that Uniben lecturers turned up to sign the registers... Who is in school should please confirm this... I dont want to go back to be lectured by those fearless Benin lizards
cheesy
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nicety(m): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2013
ALL MEMBERS OF THE UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY
Following the Federal Government’s order on resumption of academic activities in all federal universities by the academic staff, the pro-chancellor and chairman of council on behalf of the governing council, has directed as follows:
1. Monday 2nd December, 2013
• All academic staff of the University of Jos shall return to their various Department/Units/Directorates and commence work.
• Daily compliance register shall be kept by all Heads of Department for all the academic staff who are at work.

2. Tuesday 3rd December, 2013
• Every Head of Department shall publish lecture time-table for all academic programmes.

We plead with all academic staff to comply with the University Governing Council directives.
Information concerning students shall be announced in due course.
Signed byRegistrar
posted on 03 Dec 13 @ 11:04

© 2013 University of Jos, Nigeria.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by toideve(m): 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2013

My friend's aunt who's also a lecturer has been going to sign register. Very wise woman!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ayodeji752: 2:34pm On Dec 03, 2013
Akin89: silence they say is the best ans for a fool like u,i respect my parents so i cant insult ur parents.I knw u dont av respect for ur parents
i got wot i wanted frm u. U now see why fg can't agree to all of their demands? I'm very sorry for mentioning ur dad.more respect to him

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
Simon21: Those of u saying uniben has pulled out of the strike, I wonder where u got your news from when I personally watched uniben ASUU chairman on itv news last night saying they are still on strike and no academics activities will take place.
They are even in a meeting right now in faculty of social science. The car park is packed full with vehicles.
Absolutely correct. The ASUU meeting resolved that academic staff should not sign any register.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
toideve:

My friend's aunt who's also a lecturer has been going to sign register. Very wise woman!
has been going or signed the register today. We should be mindful with our use of english.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Akin89(m): 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2013
ayodeji752: i got wot i wanted frm u. U now see why fg can't agree to all of their demands? I'm very sorry for mentioning ur dad.more respect to him

No p bro
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
alcuin:

lol @ bolded.

I pray it is true oh.

On Monday, I'm in Benin.
Bro its not true. I represent d faculty of mgt sciences, UNIBEN. D place is as empty as a forgotten graveyard
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 03, 2013
Tripodmode: Dis ASUU issue is like u being a war general or commander, expectin 2go 2war wid 10 thousand worriors n expectin 2come back wid dos 10thousand worriors witout a bruise...even 299 of d spartans in 300 died 4a just rison..if u know u r fighting 4students wich u claim u r doin, den u all must b ready 2sacrifise ur salaries 4d war u r fightin, den I will know u r rily fightin 4we students...wat of d aus rent we all have lost n d preciouse academic session we have lost?. Are we also gonna b refunded our aus rent n wasted time?. To me, fg, shuld sack every1 of dem wu fails 2comply. U-seless set of entities. Sobs..
For ur info, the salaries for the four months for UNIBEN academic staff has already been disbursed 2 Uniben mgt. D money would definately be paid. U guyz shuld channel ur energies 2 praying for d quick resolution of the issues on ground
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
A facebook friend based in indianapolis just told me that there was an advert about public universities lecturing jobs in naija placed on their company's portal. The guy's an ibo guy and he works for the northatlantic times in the US
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by jayjam(m): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2013
THEY SEEM TO BE ALIVE AFTERALL!!! News emanating from a trusted source on OAU Campus in ile-ife has it that a meeting was held and these conclusions were reached: 1)that there will be a disbursement of certain funds(cn't decipher wat d money is all abt) 2)an academic timetable released forthwith but subject to approval by the senate after the money sharing brouhaha 3)that a resumption date may have been slated for sunday. GREAT IFE's! U cn contact ur frnds on campus or in ife to confirm cos me myself is still skeptical abt dat sunday date

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Dec 03, 2013
complete1: Finally i got back to port harcourt because i heard a meeting might hold and for sure i was there when d meeting came to conclusion UNIPORT pulls out of the strike

This is a big lie, ASUU meeting held at PS Hall today resolved to continue the strike.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
odizeey: the two activists i greet una

We dey gidigba; like mount zion, we shall not be moved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (109) (Reply)

What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.